PDA

View Full Version : Mindless Fun....Thoughts Of A Would-Be Millionaire....

Hardrock69
04-13-2013, 11:45 PM
I may have mentioned this before at some point, but was just discussing this with a friend and decided to post it here:

If I were a millionaire and I wanted to have some mindless fun, this is what I would do.

The following idea stems from a description I have made in the past regarding a "horrible grinding noise".

Get one of those standard Grade-A garbage trucks. Get about 50 weed-eaters, 20 lawn mowers, 20 leaf blowers and some miscellaneous trimmers, hedgers, chainsaws, etc. that run on small 2-stroke engines.

Start them up one by one, and use tie wraps or duct tape or something to lock the rpms as high as they will go, so each machine is running at full rpm.

Then toss them one by one into the back of the garbage truck.
And run the thing so you have five or ten garden tools running in the back of the thing at full blast, while the giant hydraulic-powered scraper comes down and scrapes them upwards and forward into the storage bin.

Continue adding power tools in this manner until you have about 40 or 50 machines roaring along inside the garbage truck, being crushed even further into each other by the hydraulic crusher.

I would want to set up the garbage truck so I could run the thing by remote control, as you know eventually inside that fucking garbage truck, a weed eater motor will get crushed into a chainsaw motor, a fuel line will rupture, and you KNOW there will be this horribly loud sound of a garbage truck crushing 40 or 50 power gardening tools as they are all running at full speed, combined with the sound of fire, explosions and the overwhelming sound of scraping metal.

I came up with the above description once when I was explaining to someone about a band I had seen that sucked horribly.

"They sounded like someone started up a bunch of chainsaws and lawnmowers, tossed them in the back of a trash truck, and started the crusher on 'em!"

Zing!
04-14-2013, 06:59 AM
Bad bunk?

envy_me
04-14-2013, 08:11 AM
I would fly to a warm place and throw a decadent party a la Queen.

Coyote
04-14-2013, 08:30 AM
If I were a millionaire and I wanted to have some mindless fun, this is what I would do.

1. Buy the wax figures of Bon Jovi and Paris Hilton from Madam Tussauds
2. Dress up the figures as bride and groom
3. Get a dozen thoroughbreds
4. Have the horses shit on them in a public place

All this with a stadium sized PA blasting Zappas "Dirty Love".

No wait, isn't this a modern art installment? :umm:

chefcraig
04-14-2013, 10:25 AM
"They sounded like someone started up a bunch of chainsaws and lawnmowers, tossed them in the back of a trash truck, and started the crusher on 'em!"

Weren't these the same vehicles used for riot control in Soylent Green? (Spoiler alert: It's people.)

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h249/ohsomojo/soylent-green.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/ohsomojo/media/soylent-green.jpg.html)

Hardrock69
04-14-2013, 05:07 PM
Well, no, lol. I was just talking about your standard everyday 1980s garbage truck. :hee:

But those people scoopers were cool modifications. Those were for riot control, but what happened to the people once they were in the trucks? Did they crush 'em and take them to the Soylent Green factory? :lol:

ThrillsNSpills
04-15-2013, 07:27 PM
1. Buy the wax figures of Bon Jovi and Paris Hilton from Madam Tussauds
2. Dress up the figures as bride and groom
3. Get a dozen thoroughbreds
4. Have the horses shit on them in a public place

All this with a stadium sized PA blasting Zappas "Dirty Love".:umm:

Turn this into a Pay-Per-View Event and you would no doubt be a millionaire.

ZahZoo
04-16-2013, 03:02 PM
This comes to mind...

Coyote
04-16-2013, 03:11 PM
Turn this into a Pay-Per-View Event and you would no doubt be a millionaire.

Shit, why stop there? Let's add the wax figures of One Dimension & Justin Bieber as the bridesmaids... And throw them in a wood chipper.

Instant Billionaire™.

mh5150
04-16-2013, 04:18 PM
Weren't these the same vehicles used for riot control in Soylent Green? (Spoiler alert: It's people.)

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h249/ohsomojo/soylent-green.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/ohsomojo/media/soylent-green.jpg.html)

Soylent green is ........ people. ...:D

Hardrock69
04-16-2013, 10:28 PM
Hey, the thread is basically about stuff to do that is a) harmless, b) absolutely crazy c) is something only some rich bored person would think to do and have the means to throw away good cash doing it, as a poor or middle-class person would not have the cash to throw away on such a mindless stunt as in the OP. :hee: