PDA

View Full Version : Guinea Pig - It's what's for dinner?

Satan
04-14-2013, 02:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa6OMRYr4J4

sadaist
04-15-2013, 02:08 AM
I would like to try rabbit. No desire at all to try any other varmint though. That might change, but for some reason rabbit seems like it might be really good. And I think the weirder thing about guinea pigs is they are domesticated...unlike a squirrel which people eat all the time.

Nitro Express
04-15-2013, 03:59 AM
I ate guinea pig in Peru. It was actually one of the better things to eat down there. It beat the stinky stomach lining and other awful things they eat.

Nitro Express
04-15-2013, 04:04 AM
I would like to try rabbit. No desire at all to try any other varmint though. That might change, but for some reason rabbit seems like it might be really good. And I think the weirder thing about guinea pigs is they are domesticated...unlike a squirrel which people eat all the time.

Rabbit tastes very close to chicken. I'm still a fan of the pig. They are cheap and will eat anything. They grow fast and are tasty. I bought a honey cured ham and had it for Sunday dinner. Then made sandwiches out of it and fried some of it up to go with the eggs at breakfast. When the ham was gone I made black eyed peas with the ham hock. It gets no more efficient.

The Chinese eat every part of the pig but the squeal. The jews and muslims are missing out.

sadaist
04-15-2013, 04:15 AM
Yeah pork is awesome. Pork skins are the best snack for road trips. And the salivary glands & lymph nodes are what chorizo sausage is made from. Damn good. Another great thing about the pig is how the different parts have such different flavors that you would think it was coming from different sources.

And yeah, stomach is nasty. I can't even smell menudo. Its mexican soup made with tripe (cow stomach). The shit overpowers anything else that might be in there and is just disgusting to taste & look at. Blech!!

Zing!
04-15-2013, 09:16 AM
Used to have a co-worker of Latino heritage who would bring tripe for lunch all the time.

No way. No how. Not in a million years would I eat that shit. Well, maybe for a million dollars I might...

Take 'Em
04-15-2013, 04:12 PM

I had Rabbit Vesuvio at an Italian place in New York that way friggin awesome. Served with the Vesuvio gravy and potatoes. Good stuff!!

FORD
04-29-2013, 05:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrO42SnYAvs