PDA

View Full Version : Water's supposed to be a basic human right, right?

Coyote
04-20-2013, 07:04 AM
http://americanlivewire.com/nestle-ceo-says-water-is-food-that-should-be-privatized-not-a-human-right/

Nestlé CEO Says Water Is Food That Should Be Privatized – Not A Human Right

By Carl Jackers
Posted: 04/17/2013 - 12:23 pm PDT | Last Updated: 04/17/2013 - 12:23 pm PDT

Do you believe water is a basic human right? According to Nestlé CEO water is a foodstuff that should be privatized, not a human right. Nestlé CEO Peter Brabeck says that with the global population rising water is not a public right, but a resource that should be managed by businessmen. Please do share your thoughts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this Swiss cunt motherfuckin' serious?!

Zing!
04-20-2013, 07:13 AM
Daily I enjoy the irony of living on a planet that has more water than anywhere else in the solar system, and sharing said planet with a human race that can't figure out how to get enough water.

ELVIS
04-20-2013, 09:41 AM
Why should water be a right ??

I pay for my water as it should be...

Nickdfresh
04-20-2013, 10:16 AM
Why should water be a right ??

I pay for my water as it should be...

LOL from the 'tard that pretends to be a libertarian....

ELVIS
04-20-2013, 10:27 AM
Being a libertarian doesn't mean hand outs...

Nickdfresh
04-20-2013, 10:38 AM
What would you know about libertarianism?

Firstly, we're talking about some douchebag claiming corporations should own water rights. You "pay" a public municipality for your water (at least I do - here a sketchy "Authority"). But there is at least a notion of public good motivating them rather than sheer profit.

Why not privatize the air and pay a corporate surcharge for breathing?

ELVIS
04-20-2013, 11:00 AM
Why not privatize the air and pay a corporate surcharge for breathing?

Don't give 'em no ideas...

But on second thought, I do think that idea has been entertained under the bullshit carbon tax scam...

ELVIS
04-20-2013, 11:05 AM
Here's the kind of asshole Libertarians stand against...

WA rep – carbon tax for breathing heavy on bike

http://softbodysweethearts.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/wa-rep-ed-orcutt-bikes-pollute.jpg

Washington state representative Ed Orcutt (R-Kalama) wants to crack down on all that bike pollution cyclists cause. That’s right, Orcutt says that your bike is destroying the roads and Mother Earth.

“If I am not mistaken, a cyclist has an increased heart rate and respiration. That means that the act of riding a bike results in greater emissions of carbon dioxide from the rider. Since CO2 is deemed to be a greenhouse gas and a pollutant, bicyclists are actually polluting when they ride.”

Pretty silly, right? He wants an extra $25 tax on bikes sold over $500. Just plain silly.

So, yeah, Washington lawmakers included a bike tax in last month’s massive $10 billion transportation tax increase.

it's a scam to take your money away...

:mad2:

Zing!
04-20-2013, 11:07 AM
Firstly, we're talking about some douchebag claiming corporations should own water rights.

Why not? They already own Washington.

ELVIS
04-20-2013, 11:10 AM
No, they own the world...

jhale667
04-20-2013, 11:11 AM
Daily I enjoy the irony of living on a planet that has more water than anywhere else in the solar system, and sharing said planet with a human race that can't figure out how to get enough water.

The reasoning for that? "Desalination is expensive." Not sure what their point is there... when countries spend billions every year on shit they don't NEED... they'd rather quibble over the somewhat limited amount of freshwater on the planet than make their own. :umm:

Coyote
04-20-2013, 11:28 AM
Apparently, Nestlé is also trying to patent a plant found in nature.

http://action.sumofus.org/a/nestle-nigella-sativa/2/4/?akid=1535.828441.rgqFQo&rd=1&sub=fwd&t=3

ELVIS
04-20-2013, 11:37 AM
That's a whole 'nother thread...

Zing!
04-20-2013, 02:51 PM
No, they own the world...

And the moon, I'd wager.

Zing!
04-20-2013, 03:01 PM
The reasoning for that? "Desalination is expensive." Not sure what their point is there... when countries spend billions every year on shit they don't NEED... they'd rather quibble over the somewhat limited amount of freshwater on the planet than make their own. :umm:

They also quibble over the expense of harnessing another certain resource human beings revolve around for 365 days or so. While countries like Germany are covered in solar panels, we frak the living frick out of our land until we're going to cave into one giant sinkhole. Endless, daily energy... Or finite natural resource that is owned by a select few? I know what I'd pick. Oil, baby! It's what's for dinner!

PETE'S BROTHER
04-20-2013, 03:04 PM
And the moon, I'd wager.

nope, that's mine. bought it online www.buythemoon.com

FORD
04-20-2013, 03:12 PM
Here's the kind of asshole Libertarians stand against...

WA rep – carbon tax for breathing heavy on bike

Washington state representative Ed Orcutt (R-Kalama) wants to crack down on all that bike pollution cyclists cause. That’s right, Orcutt says that your bike is destroying the roads and Mother Earth.

“If I am not mistaken, a cyclist has an increased heart rate and respiration. That means that the act of riding a bike results in greater emissions of carbon dioxide from the rider. Since CO2 is deemed to be a greenhouse gas and a pollutant, bicyclists are actually polluting when they ride.”

Pretty silly, right? He wants an extra $25 tax on bikes sold over $500. Just plain silly.

So, yeah, Washington lawmakers included a bike tax in last month’s massive $10 billion transportation tax increase.

it's a scam to take your money away...

:mad2:

No, it's not a scam so much as it's "creative stupidity". Believe me, nobody really takes Ed Orcutt all that seriously, but fact is, what he's doing here is attempting to solve a problem that one of his fellow Repukes (an asshole named Tim Eyman) created by defunding the state with a series of STUPID ballot initiatives, which the sheeple vote for, based on slick ballot titles, but without reading what it actually DOES to the state budget.

Actually, I'm not sure how I would feel about licensing bicycles, for those who use them as a primary transportation, but it's probably worthy of discussion, since they DO use the roads, just as cars do. Of course the "carbon footprint" scenario argued by Orcutt, is completely fucking ridiculous.

Now, what the fuck does any of this have to do with corporate criminal cocksuckers trying to turn water into the next "oil" (in terms of corporate greed and resource wars??)

Zing!
04-20-2013, 03:18 PM
nope, that's mine. bought it online www.buythemoon.com

Are you gonna put in a hot tub?

PETE'S BROTHER
04-20-2013, 03:25 PM
Are you gonna put in a hot tub?

gotta buy rocket ship first :umm:

twonabomber
04-20-2013, 05:19 PM
I would say water is a basic human NEED, not a right.

ELVIS
04-20-2013, 06:50 PM
what he's doing here is attempting to solve a problem that one of his fellow Repukes (an asshole named Tim Eyman) created by defunding the state with a series of STUPID ballot initiatives, which the sheeple vote for, based on slick ballot titles, but without reading what it actually DOES to the state budget.

He should be thrown out on his ass for that alone...

Matt White
04-24-2013, 02:10 PM
And the moon, I'd wager.

Of all the industrialized Nations in the world, only 1 has not signed the treaty to not "Privatize" space......you KNOW who the 1 is.....

FORD
04-24-2013, 02:26 PM
He should be thrown out on his ass for that alone...

Eyman isn't an elected official, so there's (sadly) nothing to throw him out of. Though I wish somebody would throw him off of the Bainbridge Island ferry.

Zing!
04-24-2013, 02:32 PM
Of all the industrialized Nations in the world, only 1 has not signed the treaty to not "Privatize" space......you KNOW who the 1 is.....

Goddamn Australians!

PETE'S BROTHER
04-24-2013, 02:38 PM
Goddamn Australians!

kiwis :019:

:biggrin: