PDA

View Full Version : North Dakota News Anchor's first day on the job is also his last.

FORD
04-22-2013, 03:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL3sZaJ8qiA

jhale667
04-22-2013, 04:02 PM
He must be the pride of WVU... :lmao:

Zing!
04-22-2013, 05:37 PM
I'm pretty sure George Carlin's 7 words was in his broadcasting school curriculum.

Hardrock69
04-22-2013, 10:44 PM
His description of himself was right out of Reefer Madness......total nonsense.

Can you kids say "Crash and burn"?

Sure....I knew you could.....

envy_me
04-23-2013, 04:22 AM
Poor guy. They aren't really gonna fire him because of this?

sadaist
04-23-2013, 04:41 AM
Poor guy. They aren't really gonna fire him because of this?

They already did.

What irks me is all the complaint calls they received from people who have never made a mistake or uttered a curse word in their lives. Good job hypocrites....you got a kid fired. Feel better? (feeling better than everyone else doesn't count)

envy_me
04-23-2013, 04:48 AM
They already did.

What irks me is all the complaint calls they received from people who have never made a mistake or uttered a curse word in their lives. Good job hypocrites....you got a kid fired. Feel better? (feeling better than everyone else doesn't count)

That's the most rediculous reason to fire someone.
Our anchors have said things by mistake but no one ever gets fired for that.
Even on purpose on TV when they translate shows. If Charlie Sheen says something like "fool around" it's not strange that it's translated as "fuck".

fryingdutchman
04-23-2013, 05:22 AM
It is a ridiculous reason to fire someone. He should have been forced to give an on-air apology, but not fired.

On another note, that was an awful and uncomfortable experience all the way around. What the fuck was going on there?

Van: "Tell us a little bit about yourself A.J...."

A.J.: "I'm used to being from the East Coast"

Pretty gripping shit....

Then he appears to not even be looking at the camera as he basically gives us a lackluster PowerPoint presentation about a fatal ATV crash.

I know it's North Dakota and you're not going to get super-polished anchors, but this was like watching high school television.

In fact, I take back my first sentence. He should have been fired, but not for the cursing...but for his complete lack of personality. And while we're at it, fire the girl too. They both have the charisma and on-air presence of a steaming pile of dogshit.

fryingdutchman
04-23-2013, 05:24 AM
I'm pretty sure George Carlin's 7 words was in his broadcasting school curriculum.

BWAHAHAHA!!!

The part you didn't see was when he called the sports guy a "cocksucker" and the weather guy a "motherfucker."

envy_me
04-23-2013, 05:28 AM
It is a ridiculous reason to fire someone. He should have been forced to give an on-air apology, but not fired.

On another note, that was an awful and uncomfortable experience all the way around. What the fuck was going on there?

Van: "Tell us a little bit about yourself A.J...."

A.J.: "I'm used to being from the East Coast"

Pretty gripping shit....

Then he appears to not even be looking at the camera as he basically gives us a lackluster PowerPoint presentation about a fatal ATV crash.

I know it's North Dakota and you're not going to get super-polished anchors, but this was like watching high school television.

In fact, I take back my first sentence. He should have been fired, but not for the cursing...but for his complete lack of personality. And while we're at it, fire the girl too. They both have the charisma and on-air presence of a steaming pile of dogshit.

I think his bad performance might come from him realizing what he just said on air and that distracted him.

fryingdutchman
04-23-2013, 05:32 AM
I think his bad performance might come from him realizing what he just said on air and that distracted him.

Agreed.

Chances are he had a producer or director screaming in his earpiece that he would "never work in this backwater, shitkicking, no-name North Dakota town again..."

ThrillsNSpills
04-23-2013, 10:25 AM
He's got a future on the Tourette's news network.

Hardrock69
04-23-2013, 03:20 PM
http://www.kansas.com/2013/04/23/2773725/tv-reporter-says-hes-fired-for.html#storylink=omni_popular

TV reporter says he's fired for profanity on air

The Associated Press

BISMARCK, N.D. — A weekend news anchorman for a North Dakota television station says he was fired after he opened his first-ever broadcast with obscenities.

A.J. Clemente says on Twitter that KFYR-TV of Bismarck fired him Monday.

The NBC affiliate said in an earlier statement that Clemente was suspended following the Sunday evening broadcast. General manager Dick Heidt says he cannot discuss the incident because it's a personnel matter.

The station posted an apology online and co-anchorwoman Van Tieu also apologized during the 10 p.m. newscast.

Video of Clemente's two-word uttering was immediately posted online via social media sites, and the hashtag "Keep AJ" started trending on Twitter in support of the self-described West Virginia University graduate.

Clemente tweeted after the broadcast: "That couldn't have gone any worse!"

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2013/04/23/2773725/tv-reporter-says-hes-fired-for.html#storylink=omni_popular#storylink=cpy

binnie
04-23-2013, 03:27 PM
Harsh than he got canned faster than tuna.

Still, what's the betting all of the publicity this is generating is boosting the network's ratings....

FORD
04-23-2013, 05:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjsPk_WNVcY

Hardrock69
04-24-2013, 10:50 PM
Dude....he is on Letterman in about half an hour! :hee:

fryingdutchman
04-25-2013, 05:07 AM
Dude....he is on Letterman in about half an hour! :hee:

He apparently did the entire talk show circuit and is going to work for Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan...

BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — A North Dakota news anchor whose profanity-laced television debut got him fired after one broadcast is already getting job offers.

A.J. Clemente’s first stint as an anchor at KFYR-TV in Bismarck on Sunday night was also his last after he uttered two obscenities just as cameras began to roll. Clemente was fired Monday.

By Wednesday, he was making appearances on national talk shows as a bit of a celebrity. On “Live with Kelly and Michael,” hosts Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan offered Clemente a job interviewing celebrities on the red carpet at the premiere of Pierce Brosnan’s “Love Is All You Need.” A wide-eyed Clemente agreed.

Later, he tweeted photos from the set of “The Late Show” with David Letterman, where he was to appear Wednesday night.

Yet more proof that you don't need any actual "talent" to go places in the media these days. Just make yourself look like a completely ignorant asshat in a viral YouTube video and you're on your way to a career.

Fucking pathetic.

And now we await the parade of copycats who will "accidentally" curse into an open mic in the hopes that they can hit the big time as well...

Hardrock69
04-25-2013, 10:37 AM
These people offering him a job....to do what? Curse on their show? :hee:

twonabomber
04-25-2013, 10:55 AM
It's a gimmick, like the homeless guy with the "golden voice."

ThrillsNSpills
04-25-2013, 11:05 AM
He says here they started the newscast 30 seconds early?

chefcraig
04-25-2013, 11:19 AM
Wait a god-damned minute. The most shocking aspect of this story is the fact that anyone is interested in the notion that Pierce Brosnan is still making movies...:wtf:

North Dakota News Anchor Fired For Profanity Sits Down With David Letterman

CBS NY (http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/04/25/north-dakota-news-anchor-fired-for-profanity-sits-down-with-david-letterman/)

Last Sunday, A.J. Clemente was a news anchor on a small television station in North Dakota.

Today, he’s an Internet sensation.

Clemente was fired Monday after he opened his first-ever broadcast Sunday night with two obscenities.

He said he wasn’t wearing an ear piece and didn’t hear that the broadcast was beginning 30 seconds early, causing him to utter those choice words while trying to rehearse the name of the London Marathon winner.

Video of the incident has gone viral turning Clemente into an overnight celebrity.

“I was frustrated, I couldn’t get the name, it was my second story,” Clemente told David Letterman on Wednesday night during an appearance on “The Late Show.”

Clemente said it took him a while to realize the profanities made it on air.

“About the third break my news director walks in, she says you need to apologize, we all say ‘For what?’ and obviously I apologized and I’m still apologizing,” Clemente said. “I shouldn’t have said the words to begin with but it was a perfect storm of a whole bunch of mistakes.”

Clemente said he thought his life was over after the incident.

“I went home, crawled in bed and called my parents,” Clemente said. “But the next day, you gotta pick yourself up, you gotta laugh at yourself and keep going.”

Letterman gave the West Virginia University graduate some encouraging words.

“This is nothing, people who have been in the business for decades have had this happen to them, some even knowing they were on camera have done things like this, you my friend, have nothing to worry about,” Letterman said.

Clemente is not giving up on his broadcast career. He said he’d consider returning to the Bismark station if they offered him his job back, but is hoping that “ESPN comes knocking.”

Clemente has gotten at least one job offer since being fired.

On “Live with Kelly and Michael,” Clemente accepted an offer from hosts Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan to interview celebrities on the red carpet at the premiere of Pierce Brosnan’s new movie. :bolt:

ELVIS
04-25-2013, 11:26 AM
That retard is a brain dead empty shell...

chefcraig
04-25-2013, 11:28 AM

Which one, the news anchor or Brosnan?

ThrillsNSpills
04-25-2013, 11:42 AM

Well, considering he was just at that point looking at the stories he had to read, he wasn't looking at the floor director, and he didn't have an earpiece, I'm inclined to agree. Unless he got the job 20 seconds prior...

How did the guy have any chance with all that not happening going in?

fryingdutchman
04-26-2013, 08:07 AM

Yup...there's nothing of any worth going on there.

His spotlight is already fading away....and deservedly so.

fryingdutchman
04-26-2013, 08:11 AM
I hope they put "fucking shit" on the TelePrompter at the next place he works just to screw with him....

ELVIS
04-26-2013, 08:57 AM

Come to think about it...

This is exactly how thy find people like Wolf Blitzer the dog catcher to tell you the fake news...

ELVIS
04-26-2013, 09:00 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if he winds up with a real fake news job one day...

AJ Clemente...

I'm gonna remember that name...

fryingdutchman
04-26-2013, 09:48 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if he winds up with a real fake news job one day...

AJ Clemente...

I'm gonna remember that name...

It has a very "Extra" or "Access Hollywood" ring to it.

A lame-brained bobble head "news guy" for the shut-ins who hang on "info-tainment" shows on TV.

Usually the same crowd who proudly call themselves "royal watchers" and are currently hoping to get a glimpse of Kate Middleton's vagina when she squirts out the next member of the pseudo-monarchy.

ELVIS
04-26-2013, 09:57 AM
It has a very "Extra" or "Access Hollywood" ring to it.

A lame-brained bobble head "news guy" for the shut-ins who hang on "info-tainment" shows on TV.

The problem is they put these people in top spots on CNN FOX, CBS, ABC, NBC and all of the affiliates...

The days of Dan Rather or Tom Brokaw are gone...

Today we get State Sponsored Infotainment News propaganda theatre...

:elvis:

Nickdfresh
04-26-2013, 06:31 PM
Come to think about it...

This is exactly how thy find people like Wolf Blitzer the dog catcher to tell you the fake news...

Oh. You're a fucking media critic now, Alex Jones cult disciple? You'd lick shit off his dick if he told you too, my little revolutionary free thinker... :)

Hardrock69
04-26-2013, 09:27 PM

And you're not?

http://i40.tinypic.com/n8by0.jpg