PDA

View Full Version : Ummm...Exactly WTF Is Up W/The Weather Lately?

chefcraig
04-24-2013, 10:35 AM
I am starting to get a tad worried, as the "official" hurricane season begins two months from now, yet consider the following:

On Saturday afternoon, April 20, we had a storm that was so vicious as to be terrifying. Wind, rain, horrific thunder and lightening ripped up my neighborhood, damaging my screen porch, breaking two steel cable fasteners, knocked over a tree blocking my front door and breaking my storm gutter on the south side of my home. You could actually view horizontal rain destroying the property, throwing all sorts of debris flying about the yard and down the street, and many streets were flooded or covered with downed trees.

Naturally, we lost electricity, and I wound up spending a splendid Sunday, Monday and much of Tuesday picking up, sorting and packing away the wasted remains. On top of this, my workplace was struck by lightening, which wiped out our computers, telephone, alarm and lighting systems. We are still trying to get things up and running.

Oh, and Monday evening, we had a repeat performance of the storm, which thankfully was not as devastating, yet still left all sorts of crap blocking the roadways.

Terrific. An unnamed rain storm paralyzes my city, and it isn't even June yet. :behindsofa:

envy_me
04-24-2013, 10:43 AM
I don't know how you guys cope with living in those places. Have you considered moving? You never know from year to year if you're gonna make it. I'd go crazy.

Nothing ever happens here.

Zing!
04-24-2013, 10:56 AM
We just had 3 inches of snow and ice - a week away from May. No one can recall an April quite like it. The birds are going WTF?

twonabomber
04-24-2013, 11:49 AM
It was 62 an hour ago...now about 45. I think we're done with snow. At least I hope so.

I'm a block from Lake Erie, storms come in quick. Sometimes more wind than rain, but just wind brings dust, either from the beach or the huge piles of gravel and limestone on the river docks.

ZahZoo
04-24-2013, 01:44 PM
The weather is wacky... was wearing shorts and flip flops yesterday... back to jeans and shoes today. 41 this morning... high in low 50's.

Watch in the next 2 weeks the switch will flip and it'll be 90's with the A/C blasting all day!!

BITEYOASS
04-24-2013, 01:59 PM
Basically the weather is all fucked up due to global warming. If you don't believe that, then your a fundie douchenozzle! *cough* ELBOW *cough*

PETE'S BROTHER
04-24-2013, 02:02 PM
The weather is wacky... was wearing shorts and flip flops yesterday... back to jeans and shoes today. 41 this morning... high in low 50's.

Watch in the next 2 weeks the switch will flip and it'll be 90's with the A/C blasting all day!!

still tryin' to make it till may before turnin' the a/c on :love0072:

PETE'S BROTHER
04-24-2013, 02:03 PM
:biggrin:

Nickdfresh
04-24-2013, 05:50 PM
Obviously the weather is just a false flag plot by the CIA pretending to be the FBI...

PETE'S BROTHER
04-24-2013, 05:55 PM
darpa!!

clarathecarrot
04-24-2013, 06:03 PM
Chef, the answer to you problems is a surge protector.

For those work computers..yeap...that's what you need.

As for the other stuff well that just natures way.

I suggest a 16ft tall wall around your property with gun turrets every 10 feet.

Yeap, that's what you need.

maybe a rake....:winkglasses:

PETE'S BROTHER
04-24-2013, 06:12 PM
and a ho ;)

BITEYOASS
04-25-2013, 01:03 AM
Obviously the weather is just a false flag plot by the CIA pretending to be the FBI...

And the dumbfuck says....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMQLLqiKaas

twonabomber
04-25-2013, 07:36 AM

I already switched back to shorts for work. It's been 75-78 degrees in there lately.

I keep thinking today is the day I can shut the furnace off, but then it gets cold at night again...

Angel
04-26-2013, 11:10 PM
We're having a really nice winter this spring. Coldest April on record after a winter with the most snow on record. The only grass visible in my yard is where we shoveled the snow away from the house to avoid flooding. It's nuts!

I can't help but wonder if it has anything to do with the axis shift caused by the Japan earthquake...

PETE'S BROTHER
04-27-2013, 11:13 AM
don't think we'll make it to may with no a/c :( s'posed to hit 100 today and tomorrow :shiznit:

Zing!
05-02-2013, 08:33 AM
8 inches of snow in the last 12 hours and it's still snowing. This is May 2nd, folks. Zing just may crack up. Can't even go out for beer. Can one of you send a St. Bernard rescue dog through the drifts with a cask of vodka around his neck?

ELVIS
05-02-2013, 08:35 AM
I can send you a global warming DVD...

Zing!
05-02-2013, 08:45 AM
I can send you a global warming DVD...

To use as a coaster for my cask of vodka?

:nuts:

ELVIS
05-02-2013, 08:53 AM
You can watch it and throw the Vodka and destroy the TV...

Zing!
05-02-2013, 09:31 AM
Just yankin yer chain, E. Actually, arguing against global warming is like arguing against evolution. I'm thinking I might give this a read today...

DLR Bridge
05-02-2013, 09:47 AM
8 inches of snow in the last 12 hours and it's still snowing. This is May 2nd, folks. Zing just may crack up. Can't even go out for beer. Can one of you send a St. Bernard rescue dog through the drifts with a cask of vodka around his neck?

Are you fucking serious? That's insane.

Zing!
05-02-2013, 10:16 AM
Serious as the heart attack I nearly had shoveling the 2 tons of snow off the driveway (I put the snowblower away on Sunday - when it was almost 80...) We should have over a foot of snow - and I mean that in the most literal sense: 12"+ before its over. The grass was green, flowers were blooming, and birds were singing yesterday. Today: Snowmageddon. Tell me the weather isn't fucked up...

twonabomber
05-02-2013, 10:20 AM
News last night says we've gotten measurable snow as late as May 10th.

Meanwhile, it's a beautiful day. Should be dry through Sunday. Seems like everything has gotten green over the last two days...I swear there were no buds on the trees Monday. They've almost got leaves on them now.

The lake is a great shade of blue today (ok, water's still cold) and the boats are starting to hit the marinas...

PETE'S BROTHER
05-02-2013, 12:10 PM
eau claire, wi this a.m.

Angel
05-02-2013, 06:46 PM
eau claire, wi this a.m.

That was us two days ago...sorry for sending it your way....

PETE'S BROTHER
05-02-2013, 06:48 PM
That was us two days ago...sorry for sending it your way....

that's my home state, but i live in the desert now ;)

chefcraig
05-02-2013, 07:08 PM
Whoah...Minnesota just took about 16 inches of snow, and here I am dealing with rainfall and heat so bad that I may need to start running the air conditioner...in May. :wtf:

PETE'S BROTHER
05-02-2013, 07:10 PM
i had to run mine for 3 days, back off now till next prolonged 95 and above.

which will be next week till october :(

Satan
05-02-2013, 07:11 PM
It never snows here. Y'all are welcome to come down here anytime. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d010.gif

chefcraig
05-02-2013, 07:20 PM
It never snows here. Y'all are welcome to come down here anytime. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d010.gif

Ehhh, been there, done that. On the plus side, you have sweet looking girls that smell of coconut tanning butter and relaxed attitudes. On the downside, you have obese old guys with bitchy, sunburnt wives wandering about with metal detectors, wearing black socks underneath their sandals. It's called Fort Lauderdale.