PDA

View Full Version : My official stance of society 2010-present.

fraroc
04-26-2013, 10:09 PM
This rant is a very long time coming.

Secretly, (and sometimes not secretly) millions of teenage youth wish that they were born at least a decade before they even existed. Many teens that I know want to live in the 1980s, and honestly, the way the world is today, I really don't blame them at all.
Because, in my short, twenty year existence; especially throughout my teenage years, I have seen the worst that this modern society has to offer. The world today in 2013 is NOT an ideal place to be. This society is dark, cruel and nigh-hopeless. I have seen the quality of pretty much everything in the world go downhill. TV, music, films, the media in general.....and yet I dive deeper and deeper, dreading to see what is at the bottom. This society is filled with lies and deception, yet so many people are unwilling to open their minds and hearts and they believe what is told to them.
Kind-hearted people are treated with ridicule and disrespect, while douchebags are honored. Love and passion has become a taboo while hatred is respected. Nowadays, a rapist or murderer can easily cheat the criminal justice system and walk off scot-free. Meanwhile, someone drinking a beer before 21 gets treated like he took out a gun and shot someone in cold blood.

It might seem absolutley hopeless, but there is still one more card to play. This generation has the power to break through the shackles and change the world for the better. They have the power to look past all of the fake bullshit that haunts todays society and become better people. To me, it seems like only time will tell if someone will have the balls to open their mouth and say "something has to change". Will I be the person? Only time will tell.....

:rant:

ashstralia
04-26-2013, 10:34 PM
good onya man...

it's a shame your role models are (mostly) vapid airheads famous for nothing more than dumb 'reality' shows, and/or crappy music.

stand and be counted, young man!!!:yo:

Igosplut
04-26-2013, 11:16 PM

Secretly, (and sometimes not secretly) millions of teenage youth wish that they were born at least a decade before they even existed. Many teens that I know want to live in the 1980s, and honestly, the way the world is today, I really don't blame them at all.
Because, in my short, twenty year existence; especially throughout my teenage years, I have seen the worst that this modern society has to offer. The world today in 2013 is NOT an ideal place to be. This society is dark, cruel and nigh-hopeless. I have seen the quality of pretty much everything in the world go downhill. TV, music, films, the media in general.....and yet I dive deeper and deeper, dreading to see what is at the bottom. This society is filled with lies and deception, yet so many people are unwilling to open their minds and hearts and they believe what is told to them.
Kind-hearted people are treated with ridicule and disrespect, while douchebags are honored. Love and passion has become a taboo while hatred is respected. Nowadays, a rapist or murderer can easily cheat the criminal justice system and walk off scot-free. Meanwhile, someone drinking a beer before 21 gets treated like he took out a gun and shot someone in cold blood.

It might seem absolutley hopeless, but there is still one more card to play. This generation has the power to break through the shackles and change the world for the better. They have the power to look past all of the fake bullshit that haunts todays society and become better people. To me, it seems like only time will tell if someone will have the balls to open their mouth and say "something has to change". Will I be the person? Only time will tell.....

There is no respect for handling things without an edge these days. Sad that the measure of a man is no longer what he can do physically, but a stacked deck that has no pride or real meaning.

It's a hollow thing...

ODShowtime
04-27-2013, 03:50 PM
I got busted for underage drinking 3 days before my 21st birthday. They took away my drivers license and I wasn't even near a car. My insurance went up. Fuck the man.

TFM_Dale
04-27-2013, 05:02 PM

Well said, when I seen the thread's title I thought for sure Elvis must have started it lol. All kidding aside I'm hoping society can pull themselves out of this rut. I know a lot of it is due to EVERYTHING being broadcast either on the tv or Internet but I still agree with you, the world does seem like a much shittier place but I keep hoping it changes.

Whorehey
04-27-2013, 05:21 PM
If I detect someone either has their head up their ass, is
full of shit, or has no moral standards, I won't deal with them.
That being said, I feel increasingly lonely in this world. I pray for
my kids and this next generation.

fraroc
04-28-2013, 09:38 AM
In all seriousness, go look up some 80s pop songs on Youtube and you'll see TONS of teenagers in the comments saying how much they wish they lived through the 1980s instead of the world today.

Kind of says something about today's society.

chefcraig
04-28-2013, 10:30 AM
In all seriousness, go look up some 80s pop songs on Youtube and you'll see TONS of teenagers in the comments saying how much they wish they lived through the 1980s instead of the world today.

Kind of says something about today's society.

The truth is, it's all romanticized, revisionist idealism. Hell yeah, I'd have loved to grow up in the 1950s, listening to Eddie Cochran and all of those amazing doo-wop bands. I could have evolved into a shit-hot guitarist, and possibly formed the American version of Led Zeppelin.

Then I think a bit deeper and realize that the era only had three channels of black and white tv, no cable, no video games or microwave burritos. And the only way I could have prospered and not wound up working as a salesman or MadMen type fellow would have been if I had somehow brought with me my knowledge of the future/today.

The whole thing fucks with the space/time continuum theory, and could also lead to a "butterfly effect" ending that wouldn't be all that great for the rest of the human race. Besides, how does one explain to a barber (let alone get away with) a mullet hair cut in 1959?

envy_me
04-28-2013, 11:48 AM
90-ies sucked far worse then 00es or 10s