PDA

View Full Version : TV Show: The Shield

binnie
04-27-2013, 03:49 PM
Does anyone remember this - it finished in 2008.

Essentially, I'd never heard of it before until about a month ago when a friend recommended it. I got absolutely hooked and watch all of the series in 4 weeks. Absolutely brilliant - and the ending really got to me.

I guess what I'm struggling with is how to feel about Vic Mackey: essentially he is a murdering, corrupt bully, but I wanted him to win...................how very, very strange.

FORD
04-27-2013, 04:44 PM
Michael Chiklis is currently playing a early 60's era mob boss on the CBS show "Vegas".

Ironically enough, the mob boss character probably has slightly more of a moral code than Vic did. Since "The Shield" was airing about the same time "The Sopranos" was, I always thought of Vic as Tony Soprano with a badge.

But I wanted Tony to win too, so there ya go. I wouldn't want either one of them for a next door neighbor, but as far as fictional TV characters go, I can root for them.

TFM_Dale
04-27-2013, 04:55 PM
The Shield was one of my favorite shows, I was surprised that I got into it like I did because I really have no use for the 15 different CSIs and NCISs and all the other shitty law dramas that are on. Great show from first episode to finale, might have to rewatch it myself.

binnie
04-27-2013, 05:27 PM
***spoiler***

Watching Ronnie go down in the last scene is fucking gut-wrenching.......

TFM_Dale
04-27-2013, 05:32 PM
***spoiler***

Watching Ronnie go down in the last scene is fucking gut-wrenching.......

*spoiler Part 2"

The whole Shane storyline was a real kick in the dick to but it kept me glued to the TV. His old lady was a real twat but how it all ended was just crazy.