PDA

View Full Version : Ps4 or X Box 720

flappo
05-03-2013, 03:11 AM
which one will be the gratest console ?

flappo
05-03-2013, 03:13 AM
microshit's track record is obv. a disadvantage as everything they make is utter crap

fryingdutchman
05-03-2013, 06:12 AM
PS4 all the way.

fryingdutchman
05-03-2013, 06:14 AM
Although I wish they'd show the fucking console already!!!

They've only shown the fucking controller...I'm sick of seeing it.

But their press conference reveal awhile back was amazing, and I think PS4 is going to be a great machine. From all reports it's built much more like a high-end gaming PC, and developers are going to love it. PS3 was a ballbuster because it was all proprietary Sony hardware and developing for it was a real bastard.

fryingdutchman
05-03-2013, 06:16 AM
I think it's way past time that we had a video game section in the Roth Army forums.

I would like to be considered for mod duties....

What do you say, el Flappo?

fryingdutchman
05-03-2013, 06:18 AM
Some PS4 specs...

• HDMI
• Analog-AV out
• Digital Output (optical)
AV output
• Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T)
• IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
• Bluetooth® 2.1 (EDR)
Communication
Super-Speed I/O USB (USB 3.0), AUX
• BD 6xCAV
• DVD 8xCAV
Optical Drive ( Read only)
Hard Disk Drive Built -in
Memory GDDR5 8GB
• Single-chip custom processor
• CPU: low power x86-64 AMD “Jaguar”, 8 cores
• GPU: 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD next-generation Radeon™ based graphics engine

ELVIS
05-03-2013, 06:54 AM
How much is that Jap crap ??

1000 bucks ??

fryingdutchman
05-03-2013, 06:56 AM
How much is that Jap crap ??

1000 bucks ??

Speculation is that it will start in the $400's...

And I think they're only making one model. Not a bunch of different sized hard drives like they did with PS3.

vandeleur
05-03-2013, 07:23 AM
I went Xbox 360 last time mainly to let the little un shoot up his mates.
When i was reading articles recently the difference between the two next consoles is so weighed towards the ps4 being the one for games am gonna have to go with Sony .

fryingdutchman
05-03-2013, 07:42 AM
I went Xbox 360 last time mainly to let the little un shoot up his mates.
When i was reading articles recently the difference between the two next consoles is so weighed towards the ps4 being the one for games am gonna have to go with Sony .

There's a lot of conflicting information surrounding Xbox 720.

But in my opinion Playstation has always been the better console. Xbox 360 got a boost because Sony killed themselves with a $600 pricetag out of the gate with PS3, and people just weren't willing to spend that kind of coin.

But the sales figures are virtually identical now between PS3 and Xbox 360.

Xbox also scored because they had a lot of exclusives like "Halo" and others. But I think that "exclusives" are not going to play a big role in the next generation.

Besides, the Playstation Network remains FREE, while you have to shell out $$$ for Xbox Live.

twonabomber
05-03-2013, 07:43 AM
I'd go with Sony over Microsoft any day, but if they get into all the DRM schemes to keep people from buying used games I will not purchase one.

I barely play the PS3 I have now. I use it so infrequently that when I try to go to watch Amazon Prime videos on it, it wants to update every time.

fryingdutchman
05-03-2013, 07:43 AM
Who voted that they were too busy wanking?

You should be able to cast multiple votes. Many of us wank while banging hookers in Grand Theft Auto....

fryingdutchman
05-03-2013, 07:45 AM
I think we'll really get to see some serious shit at the E3 show in June.

That will really show what's what between the two machines.

fryingdutchman
05-03-2013, 07:49 AM
I'd go with Sony over Microsoft any day, but if they get into all the DRM schemes to keep people from buying used games I will not purchase one.

I barely play the PS3 I have now. I use it so infrequently that when I try to go to watch Amazon Prime videos on it, it wants to update every time.

The used games issue is a huge bone of contention for a lot of people...as is backwards compatibility.

It looks like cloud gaming will be a big issue in the next generation. Sony dropped a ton of cash to acquire cloud gaming service Gaikai. It will be interesting to see how they use it...

twonabomber
05-03-2013, 08:01 AM
That's another thing I'm not interested in: the cloud. Storage is cheap, I can afford to have my stuff where I need it.

Watching the clusterfuck that has been the new Sim City release doesn't make me want to use anything with DLC or an "always on" Internet connection.

I think the industry is heading for another crash.

ELVIS
05-03-2013, 08:11 AM
Fuck the cloud...

When the government shuts down the cloud will go poof...

clarathecarrot
05-03-2013, 10:19 AM
I am not into gaming as much as I was many moons ago HOWEVER I am always excited when a company makes a gave available to the PC platform.

I find it disturbing when they don't. I realize it is a tool to sell XBoxes ( or,insert stand alone box here________) and they have a arrangement.

I do wish Halo 4 was PC platform ready. I know it never will be. So, I will never play the best game ever.

Anonymous
05-03-2013, 02:08 PM
Pffff...

Unwashed masses...

Cheers! :bottle:

Dr. Love
05-03-2013, 02:51 PM
I think microsoft has the momentum ... the wii u is a disaster so far and the PS3 never "seemed" to get the penetration the 360 did. We'll see when the specs are announced. The rumored 720 specs are like a pc from a few years ago.

flappo
05-03-2013, 03:08 PM
I think microsoft has the momentum ... the wii u is a disaster so far and the PS3 never "seemed" to get the penetration the 360 did. We'll see when the specs are announced. The rumored 720 specs are like a pc from a few years ago.

agree 100%

i made the mistake of buying a wii u at xmas - it's the worst console not only by nintendo but arguably ever made

utter utter shit UTTER SHIT :D

a tablet without multitouch that runs out of power in 2 hours and has poor range

no dvd or blu ray playback despite having a blu ray drive

slow ram and only 2 gigs of the stuff - i thought ram was peanuts these days ??

a crappy G3 cpu from 1997 !!!!

a shitty GPU that's chosen for it's supposed low power use

a NOISY fan - noisier than the new 360 and ps3 slim

32 gig of flash hd - that won't last long

truly awful OS - even after the 'update' its slow as treacle

OH LORDY

i'm going on a flappo-rant lol

oh and the games are all shit too - nintendo land - eeeurgh

where's me mario kart , zelda and f zero in hd ??

flappo
05-03-2013, 03:30 PM
i got banned from amazon after going on a flappo-rant in the discussions area :) after wasting £500 on the fucking thing on the wankers who post their recommendation !!

fuck em and fuck shitendo

TFM_Dale
05-03-2013, 03:39 PM
agree 100%

i made the mistake of buying a wii u at xmas - it's the worst console not only by nintendo but arguably ever made

utter utter shit UTTER SHIT :D

a tablet without multitouch that runs out of power in 2 hours and has poor range

no dvd or blu ray playback despite having a blu ray drive

slow ram and only 2 gigs of the stuff - i thought ram was peanuts these days ??

a crappy G3 cpu from 1997 !!!!

a shitty GPU that's chosen for it's supposed low power use

a NOISY fan - noisier than the new 360 and ps3 slim

32 gig of flash hd - that won't last long

truly awful OS - even after the 'update' its slow as treacle

OH LORDY

i'm going on a flappo-rant lol

oh and the games are all shit too - nintendo land - eeeurgh

where's me mario kart , zelda and f zero in hd ??

Never thought I would say this, 100% agree, luckily I sold mine on Craigslist for almost what I paid for it. That thing was absolutely shit, my Vita ran circles around that thing.

Anonymous
05-03-2013, 03:45 PM
i got banned from amazon after going on a flappo-rant in the discussions area :) after wasting £500 on the fucking thing on the wankers who post their recommendation !!

fuck em and fuck shitendo

It's a miracle you're still allowed in the internet.

Hahahahahaha!

Have you ever been banned from Google?

flappo
05-03-2013, 03:51 PM
i was banned by facebook TWICE

don't ask how lol

flappo
05-03-2013, 03:53 PM
all those shitty mac forums i pontificate about - they're the biggest bunch of nazi mods ever

i[ve been banned at all of them - dozens of times LOL

macnn is the worst offender - total and utter scumbags - almost made me go pc i can tell ya !!!

flappo
05-03-2013, 03:55 PM
Never thought I would say this, 100% agree, luckily I sold mine on Craigslist for almost what I paid for it. That thing was absolutely shit, my Vita ran circles around that thing.

i made the fatal error of buying the fucking thing when it came out mid nov - keeping it until xmas and finding i'd run out of time to return it

fucking hell !!

xmas day did NOT go well......

Anonymous
05-03-2013, 03:59 PM
Macs suck these days.

Hell, I've seen a MacBook Pro, or whatever they call that shit, choke & nearly crash while playing a fuckin' VIDEO.

I go PC. Everything's free.

fryingdutchman
05-03-2013, 05:23 PM

Hmmmmm......

I think Microsoft is already behind the 8 ball because Sony got out in front of them on the announcement. But both consoles will probably release at the same time...allegedly November of this year. Should be an interesting race.

But if MS is hanging its hat on gimmicky shit like "Illumiroom", then they might be in trouble.....

http://youtu.be/sJ4hWa6y710

ELVIS
05-03-2013, 09:25 PM
I like this...

The PS 4 is expected to have a backward compatibility support for the legendary games, however it seems one has to pay for it again in order to have it function in the new device.

Dr. Love
05-03-2013, 11:18 PM
the ps3 had backward compatability

and then it didn't

I'm more interested in the launch line up and specs... xbox seems to have an hdmi in which is kind of interesting

Dr. Love
05-03-2013, 11:20 PM
Macs suck these days.

Hell, I've seen a MacBook Pro, or whatever they call that shit, choke & nearly crash while playing a fuckin' VIDEO.

I go PC. Everything's free.

Everyone at work got macbook pro retinas, the 13" model... from a hardware perspective the macs blow the rest of the makers out of the water. OSX is pretty slick too, I prefer it to windows. Still use my PC for gaming, but its getting better (slowly). Macs just have great usability.

ELVIS
05-03-2013, 11:20 PM
I watch netflix and youtube on our PS3...

ELVIS
05-03-2013, 11:21 PM
And I love my mac and looking to get a pro...

Dr. Love
05-04-2013, 01:35 AM
get a retina, if you can ... the 13" ones are nice, light and fantastic. Perfect size for at home or on the go. As long as you don't mind losing an ethernet port and optical drive (you can get usb ones if you really need it).

Nitro Express
05-04-2013, 01:44 AM
Everyone at work got macbook pro retinas, the 13" model... from a hardware perspective the macs blow the rest of the makers out of the water. OSX is pretty slick too, I prefer it to windows. Still use my PC for gaming, but its getting better (slowly). Macs just have great usability.

I've never had a problem with a Mac laptop and I'm on my third one. The rubber keys on my MacBook Air are starting to wear. My A key is a big blob now. Other than that no problems.

Nitro Express
05-04-2013, 01:50 AM
Fuck the cloud...

When the government shuts down the cloud will go poof...

For the cloud to work you have to trust the company you are dealing with. Companies and trust are at an all time low and the government is not on our side. Ask anyone who had their money stolen by MF Global about company/customer relations and ask them how effective the government was at enforcing the law.

If you can't trust your banker and the government, you can't trust anyone. Why should I trust a company to manage my data?

flappo
05-04-2013, 03:09 AM
once you go mac you never go back

Nitro Express
05-04-2013, 03:27 AM
Apple evolved into the premier mobile device company. They are in a unique position because they are both a hardware and software manufacture. Mobile devices are replacing the standard PC in many ways and the Apple operating system has become popular due to that. For everyday things, you are going to use a mobile device or a laptop computer. The only people keeping PC's alive are the gamers and maybe some office applications. The only question is will Apple have the management to continue what Steve Jobs did? Mobil devices and cutting edge laptops are a lot more sophisticated than a box full of fans, hard drives, and circuit boards. You can't build an iPad from a kit. Apple always sold a system. Microsoft could compete when Apple's way of doing things was more expensive. Microsoft flourished when PC's were basically kits and they sold the operating system to everybody. Now people are buying a system from Apple. People just want to buy it and use it and throw it away in two to four years.