PDA

View Full Version : Black Sabbath - Emperors New Clothes?

Seshmeister
05-03-2013, 06:14 AM

Seshmeister
05-03-2013, 06:18 AM
I thought the version on the album was banal but it's miraculous compared to hearing it live.

Well on a plus point he's clearly not miming like he did at that premiere a few years back.

The people that make the Auto Tune software they use in the studio should use that clip in all their advertising with the caption 'Before'.

philouze
05-03-2013, 06:19 AM
Oh my god almighty... Ozzy, please stop.

Seshmeister
05-03-2013, 06:20 AM
It's like a sedated goose farting in the fog.

philouze
05-03-2013, 06:24 AM
How can they let him sing anymore?? This is an embarassment, really. Music's great, but Ozzy's dead.

fraroc
05-03-2013, 06:44 AM
I love Ozzy but its really sad that he just cannot hit the high notes in his songs anymore. Unfortunately, he's one of those singers who's lower register dosen't sound as good.

ELVIS
05-03-2013, 06:51 AM
It's like a sedated goose farting in the fog.

How come nobody acts like this when Roth does even worse ??

binnie
05-03-2013, 06:51 AM
Ozzy has good nights and bad nights. I've seen him in the last 5 years where he's been on fine form, and when he's been on disastrous form. It's age (and abusing your body for 40+ years :D)

I have to say that I'm hoping that the new Sabbath material sounds better on record than what I've heard so far. It all seems a bit..................plodding.

VAiN
05-03-2013, 08:30 AM
I'm hearing a rhythm guitar under the solos. Backing track or hidden player backstage?

WARF
05-03-2013, 09:33 AM
We all get old! I think we should celebrate the fact they were able to put out this album after a 35 year wait. Long live Ozzy and long live Black Sabbath!

Jérôme Frenchise
05-03-2013, 10:15 AM
The sound, the riff, the rhythm section are kickass, really.

But Ozzy's deaf and like on some powerful sedative.

tojoro
05-03-2013, 10:26 AM
It's too bad Ozzy wound up using again. That must be a motherfucker of a monkey he has on his back, knowing full well the tour starts in June. I would imagine Tony and Geezer were thrilled to find that out.
The guy isn't the best, but what he has is unique. It's too bad he didn't take better care of it over the years.
Think the promoters are a bit nervous?
That was the saddest "alright now" I've ever heard the man say.
I don't profess to know what Ozzy has going on, but you'd think he would recognize that this is most likely the last tour he will do with Tony at stage left.
I fully expected Tony to be the one standing still in this clip...

clarathecarrot
05-03-2013, 10:44 AM
Talk about AC/DC making back in black 50 times...(wich I don't believe at all) Sabbath has actually has done this and has no business titling songs with what is written on this album or trying to sing about all that Satanic bullshit that scared the kiddies back in the 1970's.

They should at least try to make something that fits inside the Sabbath style, of music, but what a wank fest of drivel.

I say Sharon is attempting to own everything and that means they cannot win ever again.

I am a bit harsh here but I really haven't been into Sabbath since the 70's...I found VH in 78..never looked back at Black Metal.

Heavy Metal yes but all that this is Satan speaking shit is just like a Steven King novel way to much pandering to the listeners fears.

sadaist
05-03-2013, 12:11 PM
Really? You guys are gonna call Ozzy out for bad live vocal performances? Tell him to hang it up even? At this site of all places?

binnie
05-03-2013, 12:40 PM
Really? You guys are gonna call Ozzy out for bad live vocal performances? Tell him to hang it up even? At this site of all places?

Well, I bet on the Ozzy fansites they don't have threads like: 'Ozzy's hair' or 'Ozzy's pants'. That how cool we are........... :D

sadaist
05-03-2013, 12:48 PM
Well, I bet on the Ozzy fansites they don't have threads like: 'Ozzy's hair' or 'Ozzy's pants'. That how cool we are........... :D

I'm pretty sure Ozzy shaves his chest nowadays too.

sadaist
05-03-2013, 12:52 PM
As far as this Sabbath song, I think Iommis tired lazy 3 chord monotonous playing is worse than Ozzys voice.

PETE'S BROTHER
05-03-2013, 01:29 PM

:lmao:

Anonymous
05-03-2013, 02:29 PM
I've been saying all along that Ozzy with Sabbath is VERY wrong.

Bring back Tony, Tony!

Cheers! :bottle:

Satan
05-03-2013, 09:48 PM

I doubt that.....

Sharon probably won't allow razors in the house!

ELVIS
05-03-2013, 10:16 PM
That was the saddest "alright now" I've ever heard the man say.

I'm glad I didn't watch it...

ELVIS
05-03-2013, 10:18 PM
Well on a plus point he's clearly not miming like he did at that premiere a few years back.

He's clearly lip singing...

You need to watch it again...

ELVIS
05-03-2013, 10:19 PM
I tried again...

I can't get through one minute of that crap...