PDA

View Full Version : Motley Crue’s Mick Mars Knocked Over by ‘Idiot’ Fan During Concert

Full Bug
05-05-2013, 05:12 PM
Motley Crue’s Mick Mars Knocked Over by ‘Idiot’ Fan During Concert
May 5, 2013

It wasn’t a very happy birthday for Motley Crue guitarist Mick Mars, who got knocked over by an overzealous fan on stage during a concert in Canada on Saturday night (May 4).

The legendary metal group were performing at Spectra Place in Estevan, Saskatchewan, Canada on Saturday, which also happened to be Mars’ 62nd birthday. They were right in the middle of performing ‘Primal Scream’ when an audience member jumped on stage and ran into Mars, sending him sprawling and making a grab for singer Vince Neil before security jumped in and hauled him away.

Mars suffers from a painful medical condition called ankylosing spondylitis (AS), which slowly fuses the bones together. He was diagnosed when he was 19, and the disease has gradually robbed him of much of his mobility, making an incident like the one Saturday night more critical for him.

“With most people it stops in their 30s, when the disease is still in their lower back. In my case, I have a rare form of the disease that hasn’t stopped, so it’s all the way up my whole back and into my brain stem,” Mars told MusicRadar in 2008 (quote via Blabbermouth). He added, “It’s literally squeezing my rib cage together, so I’ve lost some height. And now that it’s up in my brain stem it’s hard for me to move my head in any direction, be it up and down or sideways. So I can’t drive, I can’t do any of that kind of stuff — this isn’t a ‘boo-hoo’, it’s just the facts.”

His band mates certainly didn’t take kindly to the incident. As the offending audience member was dragged away, one of the musicians — either drummer Tommy Lee or bassist Nikki Sixx, from the sound of it — yelled into the mic, “What the fuck is wrong with you, you fucking idiot?”

Neil added, “We might be back,” as the band left the stage to get Mars checked out and make sure he was okay. They returned to the stage later to finish up their set without further incident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AJop885n5x4#at=250

fraroc
05-05-2013, 05:57 PM
This is just fucking sad....That fucker could have really hurt him.

Matt White
05-05-2013, 06:27 PM
Fucking asshole...............

MICK deserves better!!!

Full Bug
05-05-2013, 06:47 PM
I hope the asshole got a good backstage beating from security....

Nitro Express
05-05-2013, 06:49 PM
Mick is like an antique music box that still works. It sounds great but you better damn well be careful because that shit breaks easy.

VAiN
05-05-2013, 08:01 PM
Seriously, what kind of asshole does something like that? He deserves whatever kind of beatdown he got.

sadaist
05-05-2013, 10:53 PM

MICK deserves better!!!

Ironic because any of the other 3 band members actually do deserve a good tackling.

For fucking real. Jesus H. Who the fuck doesn't know that Mick is fucked up? A stiff breeze could knock the guy over. Dude is FRAGIL E'. (Must be French?) Mick is maybe the only rock star that has protected status up there. He doesn't do anything to warrant much fan interaction. He gets up there...God love him, he gets up there....and does his fucking job to make tens of thousands of people happy every night. He doesn't need the money, that's for sure. He is up there for the love of his craft and his fans.

Betcha when he got home to the dungeon that night he cast some creepy dark spell onto that persons very soul.

sadaist
05-05-2013, 10:54 PM
Weird, as I read the initial article it struck me that Primal Scream was a Vince solo tune. Nope. Not sure why I thought that though.

So this is love
05-05-2013, 11:12 PM
I don't know what happenned but i agree with Vain and Sadaist....guys I don't have time to read all these stories.....BUT I MUST TELL YOU SOMETHING VERY IMPORTANT......I woke up this morning and what was on the radio Van Halen.....Yeah so what you'd say? They played Spanish Fly and then D.O.A. wow... must have been a request b/c I never heard these before on the radio in my life.... Just wanted to share.....:gossip: oops ...I think I just derailed this thread....sorry! Cheers!

Jack68
05-06-2013, 01:25 PM
No fucking way Mick is 62 years old... I thought he was older than that.poor bastard.

lesfunk
05-06-2013, 02:47 PM

MICK deserves better!!!

You are absolutely right! I would have kicked him as well...

binnie
05-06-2013, 02:50 PM
I imagine that the guy was drunk.

I hear that the roadies tied him up backstage and made him listen to Tommy Lee's 'Methods of Mayhem' record on loop until his IQ has been whittled away to roughly the same as a field mouse......

lesfunk
05-06-2013, 02:55 PM

I hear that the roadies tied him up backstage and made him listen to Tommy Lee's 'Methods of Mayhem' record on loop until his IQ has been whittled away to roughly the same as a field mouse......

.or the same as Motley Crue themselves...

jhale667
05-06-2013, 03:39 PM
Ironic because any of the other 3 band members actually do deserve a good tackling.

For fucking real. Jesus H. Who the fuck doesn't know that Mick is fucked up?

Exactly, it's all you hear about if you read anything about the band. It's beyond known. I don't care how drunk that dude was, that's lame. He probably got the shit kicked out of him backstage, and deservedly so.

Nitro Express
05-06-2013, 04:38 PM
I don't know how heavy The Crue's tour schedule is but if Mick Mars can get up there and play a whole show and do it on tour, well these whiners in perfectly good health that whine about every little thing should have nothing to complain about. Some of the real men on the planet have a handicap or poor health.

fraroc
05-06-2013, 05:18 PM
Mick Mars may be frail, but he is in no way shape or form a weak man. He's a very strong inside to keep touring with Crue despite all the pain he must be in.

BITEYOASS
05-06-2013, 05:33 PM
I really hate fuckers who do this for the sole purpose of showing off on the internet. As if they are gonna be famous and reminisce to there nutsac spawn on the tales of their douchebaggery. Hell I'm surprised that Vince Neil didn't shove the mic stand up that dipshit's ass.

Green Manalishi
05-06-2013, 05:51 PM

Please don't insult field mice . That garbage would reduce I.Q. to amoeba level .

PETE'S BROTHER
05-06-2013, 05:58 PM
i think there was a song or two on mayhem that i liked...