PDA

View Full Version : Lynch, Pinnick, Luzier & Sheehan

DLR Bridge
05-07-2013, 11:17 PM
So I was lookin' for You Tube vids of the King's X show I went to and I stumbled across this clip and did a triple what the what the what the?!?!
DUg mentions in the beginning that he, Lynch and Luzier have something coming out soon. That could be bad ass.

I think Manic Depression came out better than Jailbreak and it's typical shitty cell phone recorded sound, but still seems like a promising collaboration. Fucking DUg is 62 and still pushing out his trademark scream. Hat's off to that skinny bastard!

http://youtu.be/WC4oGORD8FY

jhale667
05-07-2013, 11:31 PM
Just saw where Dug's about to have a hernia operation paid for in part by fan donations (sucks, 20+ year career and they still don't make great money), which has got to make pushing that scream out at 62 even more difficult.. props to Dug. Lynch of course rules, and joined the FU fam this year, btw~ !!

:guitar:

Sarge
05-07-2013, 11:58 PM
So I was lookin' for You Tube vids of the King's X show I went to and I stumbled across this clip and did a triple what the what the what the?!?!
DUg mentions in the beginning that he, Lynch and Luzier have something coming out soon. That could be bad ass.

I think Manic Depression came out better than Jailbreak and it's typical shitty cell phone recorded sound, but still seems like a promising collaboration. Fucking DUg is 62 and still pushing out his trademark scream. Hat's off to that skinny bastard!

That was great. Being older and not having insurance must suck! Fan donations for surgery?

Breasts,

DLR Bridge
05-08-2013, 12:07 AM
I here of that a lot. I seem to recall Tony Thompson, drummer from the Power Station was without decent health insurance and fans were donating but kidney cancer cut him down fast. Jerry from King's X had a massive heart attack just about a year ago, and the band started making live albums available to download with donations. Awesome idea, but a shame it has to come down to that.

jhale667
05-08-2013, 12:09 AM
Here it is from his post on King's X' Facebook Wall:

DUg Pinnick (https://www.facebook.com/dug.pinnick?hc_location=stream) posted to King's X (https://www.facebook.com/KingsXFanPage?ref=stream&hc_location=stream)
"I am overwhelmed with the amount of love that people have shown by contributing to help me afford my hernia surgery. I have avoided this for way too long and I know that after my shows are lined up, I have to fix this immediately. I wish I could say that all the wonderful years of playing in King's X were financially rewarded, but it's not the reality. I'm not complaining. I am thankful that I get to make music for people who want to hear it. We will never stop working hard though, and will continue making music in good times and bad. It's a tough business, but it's what we were born to do and our fans have stood by us through it all. Without them we would not be here making music or doing shows. This I am thankful for everyday and it's because of our family, friends and fans that we were able to do it for this long. I can't thank you all enough for helping me when I needed it the most. Thanks to the people who have never heard of me or King's X and donated out of love. I hope I can repay you all someday with a huge hug and continue to make music that makes you think and groove...."

DLR Bridge
05-08-2013, 12:12 AM
Just saw where Dug's about to have a hernia operation paid for in part by fan donations.

I hadn't heard that. That's craziness.

J, have you heard the Pinnick, Gales & Pridgen stuff? Pretty slammin'! Man, some guys know how to stay busy, huh? Wish some o' that would rub off on camp VH.

DLR Bridge
05-08-2013, 12:17 AM
Here it is from his post on King's X' Facebook Wall:

DUg Pinnick (https://www.facebook.com/dug.pinnick?hc_location=stream) posted to King's X (https://www.facebook.com/KingsXFanPage?ref=stream&hc_location=stream)
"I am overwhelmed with the amount of love that people have shown by contributing to help me afford my hernia surgery. I have avoided this for way too long and I know that after my shows are lined up, I have to fix this immediately. I wish I could say that all the wonderful years of playing in King's X were financially rewarded, but it's not the reality. I'm not complaining. I am thankful that I get to make music for people who want to hear it. We will never stop working hard though, and will continue making music in good times and bad. It's a tough business, but it's what we were born to do and our fans have stood by us through it all. Without them we would not be here making music or doing shows. This I am thankful for everyday and it's because of our family, friends and fans that we were able to do it for this long. I can't thank you all enough for helping me when I needed it the most. Thanks to the people who have never heard of me or King's X and donated out of love. I hope I can repay you all someday with a huge hug and continue to make music that makes you think and groove...."

I listened to samples of his new solo CD Naked (gott damn that guy is busy!!) at I-tunes, and the last song is about being broke and struggling. Doesn't make sense.

FORD
05-08-2013, 12:24 AM
Hate mentioning politics in the music forum, but I don't know how to avoid it here. Because this (both Dug and Jerry, as well as Tony Thompson's situation, which killed him) is a textbook case of why we need a fucking actual health care system in this country.

Somebody who's been working for decades and getting older (and logically more likely to need medical care) shouldn't have to worry about whether he can "afford" it. Whether he makes his living playing music, or building houses, or pushing paper, or whatever.

It's just goddamned wrong. :(

jhale667
05-08-2013, 01:33 AM
I listened to samples of his new solo CD Naked (gott damn that guy is busy!!) at I-tunes, and the last song is about being broke and struggling. Doesn't make sense.

This one? Yes, pretty much ripping in its simplicity, but sad as fuck as the same time...

"At the end of the day, all you've got is you...." :(

Sarge
05-08-2013, 01:40 AM
This one? Yes, pretty much ripping in its simplicity, but sad as fuck as the same time...

That was great!
Good tune!

Sarge
05-08-2013, 01:44 AM
Having no money and being broke is a degrading thing for anybody. In America right now, everybody is broke and everybody is struggling, including me. I was looking at Rolling Stone yesterday, and Adele sold 2.5 million records and this is supposed to be a big deal. I’m going “wow, 10 years ago Pearl Jam sold 10 million the first week it was out.” It’s really bad, not just bad, really bad. Then I’m finding out that either Ford or Chevy is not putting CD players in the next batch of cars that they put out. I’m realizing that CDs are old too. No one is buying CDs. They’re either getting it for free or downloading it. Everything has changed. I’m just trying to figure that out.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/02/09/exclusive-interview-doug-pinnick-of-kings-x/

jhale667
05-08-2013, 01:46 AM
That was great!
Good tune!

I love it... and he did it all himself with a slightly more tricked-out Pro Tools set up than I have, and a Fractal Audio GuitarFX (which I'm really interested in, hardware emulations being slightly different from software ones, y'know?)...not sure what the drums are, but who cares, it's great!

ashstralia
05-08-2013, 07:08 AM
i made it to 45 seconds... when it wasn't ac♪dc's jailbreak. :yo:

Von Halen
05-08-2013, 08:41 AM

This is from this years NAMM stuff.

Ray is definitely working on a project with Lynch.

Lynch is also working on another project with former Diamond Dave bassist James LoMenzo.

DLR Bridge
05-08-2013, 08:48 AM
That guy is one hard hitting mofo! He was phenomenal on that Army Of Anyone project (w/ the DeLeo Bros.) that went absolutely nowhere.

Von Halen
05-08-2013, 09:30 AM
That guy is one hard hitting mofo! He was phenomenal on that Army Of Anyone project (w/ the DeLeo Bros.) that went absolutely nowhere.

I went and saw them at a Club in Detroit. Great show. The DeLeo brothers kick ass. Too bad they just had to fire their singer again!

Ray is now a full partner in Korn.

DLR Bridge
05-08-2013, 09:41 AM
I went and saw them at a Club in Detroit. Great show. The DeLeo brothers kick ass. Too bad they just had to fire their singer again!

Ray is now a full partner in Korn.

That's cool! Yeah, they sure do kick ass. I was never crazy about their choice of the guy from Filter. Scott's the only front man for them, however dysfunctional they all are (sounds familiar) together. The Talk Show guy was OK I s'pose.

I didn't know Korn was still at it.

Von Halen
05-08-2013, 09:45 AM
I didn't know Korn was still at it.

They are. Still making new music. Just came out with a Live DVD recently. They do well in the States, but really have a huge following overseas.

Seshmeister
05-08-2013, 09:49 AM
They played here last year.

I'm not a fan of Korn but I should have went along just to say hello to Ray, it's been ages.

ELVIS
05-08-2013, 09:51 AM
It's just goddamned wrong. :(

Oh bullshit...

The fucking federal government isn't the way to get healthcare...

Especially when said government is corrupt and broke...

And like it's someone else's fault Pinnick doesn't have health insurance...

And there's more to this, but I'm not killing a good thread...

That song explains his financial woes...

:elvis:

Von Halen
05-08-2013, 09:59 AM
Oh bullshit...

The fucking federal government isn't the way to get healthcare...

Hey Sesh, didn't our Wives go through pretty much the same health issues, and surgeries, at about the same time? Didn't we spend a lot of late nights working on the site, and chatting online about this stuff? Weren't you amazed at the difference in the level of care your Wife received compared to mine? And mine was a super high level executive in the health care system. But hey, don't bother explaining this to Elvis. By the way Sesh, is your Wife still on the green side of the grass? Because mine isn't.

Von Halen
05-08-2013, 10:00 AM
They played here last year.

I'm not a fan of Korn but I should have went along just to say hello to Ray, it's been ages.

Yes, you should have.

ELVIS
05-08-2013, 10:12 AM
Hey Sesh, didn't our Wives go through pretty much the same health issues, and surgeries, at about the same time? Didn't we spend a lot of late nights working on the site, and chatting online about this stuff? Weren't you amazed at the difference in the level of care your Wife received compared to mine? And mine was a super high level executive in the health care system. But hey, don't bother explaining this to Elvis. By the way Sesh, is your Wife still on the green side of the grass? Because mine isn't.

Comparing apples to oranges doesn't mean anything...

The corrupt bought off politicians in Washington have no business getting involved in administering and micro managing healthcare...

This country is way to large and diverse for a one size fits all policy...

This country has states for a reason, one of which is not to have one huge federal bureaucracy...

I'm all for real healthcare and insurance, but not at the federal level...

Healthcare should be at the State level with some federal oversight...

Not some bullshit, way overpriced, forced federal healthcare TAX enforced by the IRS...

Imagine the implications of the IRS forcing you to pay for your child's illness...WITH YOUR HOUSE !?!

We're going down the wrong road, I'm afraid...

Von Halen
05-08-2013, 10:27 AM
The corrupt bought off politicians in Washington have no business getting involved in administering and micro managing healthcare...

They are already doing this. Through the insurance and drug companies.

Seshmeister
05-08-2013, 10:30 AM

Different conditions but yeah they were both having health issues at the same time and we compared notes.

It's not for me to say what healthcare system you should have in the US but I think you are getting screwed. If you had low taxes and then spent the difference on healthcare then that would be one thing(although still unfair for the people that fell through the net), but you pay almost the same tax and don't seem to get much for it. Then you pay for your healthcare insurance on top of that.

Despite the suspicion of government, you're better with someone who doesn't have a penny at stake deciding if you are covered and whose boss relies on a popular vote every 4 years than a profit driven insurance corporation.

Plus there is a big misunderstanding over there about how most state run healthcare works in Europe. I could go out tomorrow and get myself private health insurance here too if I wanted, quite a few people do. Or if I got ill I could pay for to go into a private hospital or whatever. The point is that the base level 'free' stuff is at a level that I don't have to unless I want a nicer room, better food or whatever.

ELVIS
05-08-2013, 10:31 AM
They are already doing this. Through the insurance and drug companies.

Yes exactly, and now they want to tie it all together into one huge coporate/government bureaurocratic mess and leave the American people option-less regarding their health...

A state level system would better defend against such fascism...

Von Halen
05-08-2013, 11:30 AM
Yes exactly, and now they want to tie it all together into one huge coporate/government bureaurocratic mess and leave the American people option-less regarding their health...

A state level system would better defend against such fascism...

You fucked this thread up Elvis.

jhale667
05-08-2013, 11:33 AM

He does that a lot.

DLR Bridge
05-08-2013, 11:39 AM
Ray is definitely working on a project with Lynch.

Lynch is also working on another project with former Diamond Dave bassist James LoMenzo.

That would be cool if these projects turned out to be one in the same since Billy isn't part of it, outside of this clip apparently.

(there, thread back on track :yo:)

ELVIS
05-08-2013, 12:13 PM

No way...

I didn't start crying because dUg doesn't have healthcare...

A man who at 62 years old is obviously unable to balance a checkbook or handle personal finances...

Anyway...

jhale667
05-08-2013, 12:25 PM
No way...

I didn't start crying because dUg doesn't have healthcare...

A man who at 62 years old is obviously unable to balance a checkbook or handle personal finances...

Anyway...

Riiiight.... and how many touring musicians do you know again, where you'd be an authority on how they live? 'Cause I know guys who are considered "rock stars" who still have financial issues through no real fault of their own. It's real easy for you to sit there and pontificate, but I'd like to see how well off YOU'd fare slugging it out on the road with minimal label support or promotion, and only a rabid fan base to thank for the fact you've been able to maintain a career AT ALL....

Bet you'd have caved and quit the VERY first time the going got tough. King's X has been going for close to three decades. You really should think before you post such pompous, douchey crap.

:guitar:

DLR Bridge
05-08-2013, 12:44 PM
I think I agree with both of you (not just tryin' to keep the peace here). Elvis, you're right about personal responsibility with one's own finances, but there are those who don't live beyond their means that still struggle. Dug isn't necessarily lousy with his money. Should you live in a smaller apartment to afford yourself more loot for healthcare? Sure. But we don't know the whole story.

jhale667
05-08-2013, 01:24 PM
I think I agree with both of you (not just tryin' to keep the peace here). Elvis, you're right about personal responsibility with one's own finances, but there are those who don't live beyond their means that still struggle. Dug isn't necessarily lousy with his money. Should you live in a smaller apartment to afford yourself more loot for healthcare? Sure. But we don't know the whole story.

The first line of "What ya gonna do" perfectly describes the misconception people like ELBOW have... there's only a few rock stars that are actually rolling in $$$..... most don't even have the stability afforded by the jobs we complain about... and something like a tour cancellation can mean you're NOT making any money for a week or two (been there), sometimes 3-4 months (thankfully haven't) when you thought you would be.... it ain't easy... so anyone sitting at their computer that hasn't been there harping about "personal responsibility" doesn't really know what the F they're talking about...

It takes balls the size of truck tires to do what they do. If you're not pulling down huge royalty checks - and most of them aren't -you only make money touring...which you can't always do year-round. I tried, not into that aspect of it. I like for the bills to be paid, and to know there's a roof over my head and gear. Stresses me the F out if that's in question. I'm GLAD I have a gig that provides some of the best healthcare insurance of any employer in the nation - after having some health issues a few years ago, I'd probably be DEAD without it. I NEEDED it. So I totally take my hat off to anyone who's HAD the balls to take such a huge risk and keep at it non-stop for decades like Dug and the people I've been lucky enough to go out on the road with have.

ELVIS
05-08-2013, 02:08 PM
Cause I know guys who are considered "rock stars" who still have financial issues through no real fault of their own.

I know people in all walks of life with financial issues...

What else is new ??

DLR Bridge
05-08-2013, 02:11 PM
I'm GLAD I have a gig that provides some of the best healthcare insurance of any employer in the nation.

That puts me smack dab between you and DUg. I'm paying through the nose for a shitty insurance plan.

ELVIS
05-08-2013, 02:12 PM
It takes balls the size of truck tires to do what they do.

It takes balls to be a success at anything...

And sometimes you fail and you get back up...

jhale667
05-08-2013, 02:41 PM
That puts me smack dab between you and DUg. I'm paying through the nose for a shitty insurance plan.

I feel for ya, bro... that sucks. That's also one of the main reasons 8 years ago, when a temp gig I took on a lark while trying to decide if I WANTED to tech or gig full-time again, in an industry I only had a peripheral interest in decdided they wanted me to stick around and made the offer... I took it.

Sure, I've had more "fun" or "glamourous" jobs ( did work in the music AND film industries, y'know), but NOTHING that could touch what this one provides. Funny aside - ran into a former employer at NAMM year before last, told him where I am now, he says "Wow, I officially can't afford you anymore...." :lmao: He could match the pay, but not the benefits. Which isn't an option I'd consider just to work "in the industry" again, y'know? When my shit went south I had no idea what was wrong, just felt like shit... BP was above stroke/heart attack level (not even sure how I dodged that bullet). Had I not been able to afford to go to the doctor.... not taking a chance like that.

ANd to Elbow's next attempt at douchery, part of trying to succeed is having the courage to fail, true - but when failure could potentially result in homelessness, or worse, it's a pretty big leap to take - and not easy to "get up from". THEY had the balls to do that; he didn't.

Personally I wish I'd heard about Dug's predicament earlier... would've kicked down a small donation JUST BECAUSE...

Sarge
05-08-2013, 03:50 PM

I actually went back in this thread to listen to this tune. It is awesome!

ELVIS
05-08-2013, 03:52 PM
If you were as connected to "the industry" as much as build yourself up to be jfail, you would have known about dUg's predicament...

:biggrin:

jhale667
05-08-2013, 04:17 PM
If you were as connected to "the industry" as much as build yourself up to be jfail, you would have known about dUg's predicament...

:biggrin:

Really, because I missed a Facebook post while on vacation? M'kay.

No, moron - you wish I HAD to "build myself up". Dude, you are such a bitter little prick it'd be funny were it not so sad.

Tell you what: Not trying to brag OR be a dick here - but since you're (continuously) going there, let's put this in perspective: Y'know that tune you posted? When it gets over even a hundred plays - and then when your Soundclick page gets near 12,000 total, and people start sending you free gear - come talk to me. Until then, STFU. :lmao:

And gee, I seem to recall I'm the dude that saved you from having your shit inadvertently downloaded yesterday because you were too dumb to take that precaution yourself? Tool.

Now quit being a dick and stay on topic why dontcha....

Guitar Shark
05-08-2013, 04:25 PM
J, why do you take ELVIS' bait every time?

ELVIS
05-08-2013, 04:27 PM
You're a riot, dude...:biggrin:

ELVIS
05-08-2013, 04:29 PM
You're a riot too, counselor...

But not like jfail...:biggrin:

sonrisa salvaje
05-08-2013, 04:36 PM
That would be cool if these projects turned out to be one in the same since Billy isn't part of it, outside of this clip apparently.

(there, thread back on track :yo:)

I guess Sheehan is content to do the Winery Dogs gig with Kotzan and Portnoy. I heard their new song the other day...Elevate...i believe it was. It was alright.

jhale667
05-08-2013, 04:37 PM
J, why do you take ELVIS' bait every time?

Good point... could just let the prince of pathos' posts speak for themselves...

Anonymous
05-08-2013, 04:41 PM
He. Is. TROLLING YOU, J.

Lighten up & you'll see he's doing it on purpose.

Don't worry, E. I'm not spoiling your fun. Wanna bet?

Cheers! :beers:

jhale667
05-08-2013, 04:48 PM
He. Is. TROLLING YOU, J.

Lighten up & you'll see he's doing it on purpose.

You and Sharkey are both right. Besides, like I should feel guilty that I got hired by a music distributor, and a music marketing firm etc etc.

SORRY I'M EMPLOYABLE ELBOW! :lmao:

DLR Bridge
05-08-2013, 04:50 PM
I guess Sheehan is content to do the Winery Dogs gig with Kotzan and Portnoy. I heard their new song the other day...Elevate...i believe it was. It was alright.

Checked out the vid for a quick second. Looks like a lot of flashy flashy going on.

Billy, while sporting the baseball hats, is starting to look like the "knowatta mean Vern?" guy. What was his name?

Anonymous
05-08-2013, 04:54 PM
It's not nice to gloat & making yourself to look better than others, J...

I don't do it & I AM better than all of you.

Who cares what people do for a living?

I recently met a guy who's retired from managing hotels & hospitals, etc. & is retired from that, opened his little business & though he still gets offers to go back to that sort of thing, he refuses.

He worked from the bottom & shakes his head in pity & disbelief when people think ANY job is beneath them.

You're not better than anyone 'coz you got a "better" job. That's relative. HIGHLY relative. And certainly not a point of pride.

Cheers! :beers:

sonrisa salvaje
05-08-2013, 04:59 PM
Checked out the vid for a quick second. Looks like a lot of flashy flashy going on.

Billy, while sporting the baseball hats, is starting to look like the "knowatta mean Vern?" guy. What was his name?

I'm with you on this. They know what they are doing but i didn't feel anything. Does that make sense?

Oh, and the guy's name is Earnest at least in the movies. Not sure on his real name.

DLR Bridge
05-08-2013, 05:09 PM
I'm with you on this. They know what they are doing but i didn't feel anything. Does that make sense?

Oh, and the guy's name is Earnest at least in the movies. Not sure on his real name.

Complete sense and thanks! That's the name I would've stayed up at night trying to think of.

Guitar Shark
05-08-2013, 05:19 PM
the "knowatta mean Vern?" guy. What was his name?

Let me Google that for you (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=knowatta+mean+Vern%3F%22+guy.+What+was+his+name %3F+)

DLR Bridge
05-08-2013, 05:27 PM
Let me Google that for you (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=knowatta+mean+Vern%3F%22+guy.+What+was+his+name %3F+)

Ha ha! Forgot it's that simple.

Guitar Shark
05-08-2013, 05:31 PM
hehe. Love that stupid program, use it every chance I get.