PDA

View Full Version : As I Lay Dying Singer Arrested in Murder For Hire Plot

LoungeMachine
05-08-2013, 04:13 PM
Guess that's one way to get out of paying alimony.....

:gulp:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-as-i-lay-dying-singer-arrested-murder-plot-20130507,0,7183759.story

SAN DIEGO – The lead singer of a heavy metal band “As I Lay Dying” was arrested after he allegedly hired someone to kill his estranged wife, authorities said.

Tim-LambesisTim Lambesis, lead singer and co-founder of the heavy-metal group As I Lay Dying, was arrested at a store on Vista Way in Oceanside about 2 p.m., after allegedly soliciting an undercover detective to kill his spouse, an Encinitas resident, according to sheriff’s officials.

Authorities began investigating Lambesis, 32, in the case on Thursday, when they received information that he allegedly was trying to get someone to commit the slaying.

“You might think that you’re talking to someone that’s trusted,” said Jan Caldwell, spokeswoman for San Diego County Sheriff’s Department. “You might be talking to someone you know. But if you’re looking to do something wrong and something bad, most people aren’t going to let that rest. They’re going to take that to a higher authority. So, something certainly as sinister as this, needed to be taken somewhere and it was.”

Lambesis was booked into the Vista Jail on suspicion of solicitation of another to commit murder. The case has been turned over to the District Attorney’s Office.

He is scheduled to appear before a judge Thursday afternoon.

“I heard one of our captains say we prevented a tragedy,” said Caldwell.

As I Lay Dying was nominated for a Grammy award in 2008 and has released six studio albums, according to the band’s website, which says the group is scheduled to embark on a U.S. tour this month. The band was formerly billed as a Christian rock band.

The band recently performed at SOMA concert venue on March 1.

Lambesis is also a member of “Pyrithion” and “Austrian Death Machine.”

Read more: http://fox5sandiego.com/2013/05/07/lead-singer-accused-of-hiring-hit-man-to-kill-estranged-wife/#ixzz2SjZUJTSC

FORD
05-08-2013, 05:26 PM
In a related story, the band announced it was changing its name to "As I Lay On Death Row" to reflect the future living arrangements of their singer.

chefcraig
05-08-2013, 06:51 PM
Why is it that whenever someone wants to kill a person, they always seem to hire detectives instead of hit men? :headscratch:

Seshmeister
05-08-2013, 06:54 PM
You can't get a hitman from an advert.

Mr. Vengeance
05-08-2013, 07:21 PM
Jury will look at him and say, "Out of luck!"

Nickdfresh
05-08-2013, 07:51 PM
Why is it that whenever someone wants to kill a person, they always seem to hire detectives instead of hit men? :headscratch:

Well, in theory they're very qualified for the position...

binnie
05-09-2013, 04:28 AM
Well, that's a weird one.

As I lay Dying are a Christian band. Apparently they also do irony.

Seshmeister
05-09-2013, 04:35 AM
The facts say otherwise, being christian rarely reduces your willingness to kill. Tony Blair, George Bush, Obama? Nothing like a bit of righteousness or the promise of forgiveness to get the old trigger finger itchy.

If you had asked me which band would produce a murderer Slayer or a christian rock group I know which I would have said...

ELVIS
05-09-2013, 06:41 AM
Poor Sesh...

binnie
05-09-2013, 06:58 AM
The facts say otherwise, being christian rarely reduces your willingness to kill. Tony Blair, George Bush, Obama? Nothing like a bit of righteousness or the promise of forgiveness to get the old trigger finger itchy.

If you had asked me which band would produce a murderer Slayer or a christian rock group I know which I would have said...

The interesting thing about Slayer is that bassist/singer Tom Araya is a Catholic. That always makes me scratch my head......

Seshmeister
05-09-2013, 07:09 AM
You can't be a satanist without believing in God. :)

Igosplut
05-09-2013, 07:32 AM
Well that's not very heavy metal now is it?...

Spose he hires a stunt-double to throw up blood in the videos too.....

chefcraig
05-09-2013, 07:32 AM

I'd say the Captain & Tennille or The Osmonds. You just know there has to be some simmering misery there after all these years.