View Full Version : Check out this gun that shoots salt

Sarge
05-15-2013, 10:45 AM
http://bugasalt.com/

I'm buying one, just because.

http://youtu.be/bzragwCgdMI

Sarge
05-15-2013, 10:46 AM
I'm sure Elvis could use one as well, living in Shrek's swamp in Louisiana.

chefcraig
05-15-2013, 11:35 AM
When I was a teenager, we used to go picking mushrooms in this farmer's field not far from my house. (For the uninitiated, the cow dung readily available fertilized the mushrooms, making them borderline toxic. You'd pick them, take 'em home, boil them and combine the reduced liquid with Hawaiian Punch, then spend the evening tripping out on all of the fancy colors with some Pink Floyd albums.)

Of course, the farmer took exception to all of these long haired kids trampling about his property, and made handy use of a shotgun that fired rock salt buckshot in it's 12 gauge rounds to get rid of trespassers. I took one of these while jumping face forward over a fence way back when, and to this day, I can tell you when it's going to rain by the still-thudding wounds to my ass.

ELVIS
05-15-2013, 11:57 AM
I'm sure Elvis could use one as well, living in Shrek's swamp in Louisiana.

I was just checking that out...;)

ELVIS
05-15-2013, 11:58 AM
When I was a teenager, we used to go picking mushrooms in this farmer's field not far from my house.

Dude, I could have filled ten garbage bags the other morning not far from here...

Next time I'll take a pic...

chefcraig
05-15-2013, 12:07 PM
Dude, I could have filled ten garbage bags the other morning not far from here...

Next time I'll take a pic...

Just keep your eyes open in case Farmer John shows up. :eek1:

Nitro Express
05-15-2013, 02:16 PM
Why not just load up some 12 gauge shells with rock salt? That would do them flies in and would be handy on the neighbors pesky cat and kids if they come into your yard.

Sarge
05-15-2013, 02:59 PM
Why not just load up some 12 gauge shells with rock salt? That would do them flies in and would be handy on the neighbors pesky cat and kids if they come into your yard.

What happens when I shoot a fly indoors?

ELVIS
05-15-2013, 03:13 PM
Try it and report back...

FORD
05-15-2013, 03:41 PM
I'm actually tempted to buy one of these things.....

I don't get many flies in my house, but every summer I get these annoying little bugs.... some sort of moths or whatever, and I usually end up killing several of them every night. And because we had mid-80's temperatures the first weekend in May this year, the little fucks woke up early. Every once in a while, I'm able to catch one in mid air and kill it, but they usually end up smeared all over the wall or ceiling, and then it's a bitch to clean that up.

Problem is, as small as these little bastards are, I doubt I could get an accurate aim on them for very long (I'm assuming a $35 gun doesn't have laser sights)

PETE'S BROTHER
05-15-2013, 03:51 PM

it usually dies

Nitro Express
05-15-2013, 03:54 PM

The furniture might get scratched.

Nitro Express
05-15-2013, 03:56 PM
I'm actually tempted to buy one of these things.....

I don't get many flies in my house, but every summer I get these annoying little bugs.... some sort of moths or whatever, and I usually end up killing several of them every night. And because we had mid-80's temperatures the first weekend in May this year, the little fucks woke up early. Every once in a while, I'm able to catch one in mid air and kill it, but they usually end up smeared all over the wall or ceiling, and then it's a bitch to clean that up.

Problem is, as small as these little bastards are, I doubt I could get an accurate aim on them for very long (I'm assuming a $35 gun doesn't have laser sights)

You don't need no damn laser sights. Know your weapon and use a little Kentucky windage and you will be fine. You can dress up like Clint Eastwood and play The Good The Bad and The Ugly soundtrack while smoking a rum soaked crook and tell Mr. Bug. "Go Ahead and Make My Day!".

chefcraig
05-15-2013, 04:03 PM
You can dress up like Clint Eastwood and play The Good The Bad and The Ugly soundtrack while smoking a rum soaked crook and tell Mr. Bug. "Go Ahead and Make My Day!".

No, for that imagery to work, Clint would have to say...

Blondie: You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

PETE'S BROTHER
05-15-2013, 04:03 PM
threads seem to be movin' around :biggrin:

Sarge
05-15-2013, 04:55 PM
threads seem to be movin' around :biggrin:

I don't see a speck of grass in that attachment. What am I looking at?

PETE'S BROTHER
05-15-2013, 05:01 PM
I don't see a speck of grass in that attachment. What am I looking at?

farmer planted winter wheat behind our house. first day of canal irrigation water he estimated poorly and the water came over the berm and under/thru our block wall and flooded the back yard

Sarge
05-15-2013, 08:56 PM
So are you going to use the salt gun on him?

ELVIS
05-16-2013, 08:49 PM
Eric Holder might not like that...