PDA

View Full Version : CCR Reunion Possible?

Sarge
05-20-2013, 03:42 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505270_162-57585248/john-fogerty-creedence-clearwater-revival-reunion-a-possibility/

I don't know why John would want to reunite with those guys.
Didn't they sell the catalog without his consent?

Breasts,

Matt White
05-20-2013, 04:06 PM
Even if its just for the cash...he deserves it...JOHN has stuck to his guns forever.... .I'd go see 'em in heartbeat

FORD
05-20-2013, 04:19 PM
John's last solo album was released by Fantasy Records (the same label that all of Creedence's albums were on) so he's clearly made peace with the label (probably not owned by the same guy who ripped him off anymore).

The album was also very much vintage CCR sounding, so I took that as a sign that he was at least making peace with his past, personally. Actually reconciling with Stu Cook and Doug Clifford as persons would be the biggest roadblock, because they personally stabbed him in the back by siding with Saul Zaentz and Fantasy Records. Tom Fogerty did as well, and sadly he died before he could reconcile with his own brother.

John Fogerty IS Creedence. He wrote most of the songs, and played lead guitar & sang lead vocals on all of them. He had every right to be pissed off about his catalog being stolen from him, not to mention that half-assed ripoff band that Stu & Cosmo have been peddling for the last decade or so, with scab guitarists/singers.

But if he's ready to make peace with those guys before somebody else dies, I'd love to say I actually got to see them play live.

Von Halen
05-20-2013, 04:27 PM
I'd love to see this happen.

I'd definitely go see them.

Igosplut
05-20-2013, 04:50 PM
They actually sued him in later years for playing CCR material in concert. Said he had to pay them for it. When to court, and John won the right to play the music without paying them....

TFM_Dale
05-20-2013, 04:50 PM
Sign me up, John solo is awesome, would love to see the reunion.

Zing!
05-20-2013, 05:44 PM
They actually sued him in later years for playing CCR material in concert. Said he had to pay them for it. When to court, and John won the right to play the music without paying them....

I'd love to hear that argument in court.

"This is a very complicated case, Your Honor. You know, a lotta ins, a lotta outs, a lotta what-have-yous. And, uh, a lotta strands to keep in my head, man. Lotta strands in old Stu's head. Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber. Your Honor."

cadaverdog
05-20-2013, 09:53 PM
Actually reconciling with Stu Cook and Doug Clifford as persons would be the biggest roadblock, because they personally stabbed him in the back by siding with Saul Zaentz and Fantasy Records. Tom Fogerty did as well, and sadly he died before he could reconcile with his own brother.

John Fogerty IS Creedence. He wrote most of the songs, and played lead guitar & sang lead vocals on all of them. He had every right to be pissed off about his catalog being stolen from him, not to mention that half-assed ripoff band that Stu & Cosmo have been peddling for the last decade or so, with scab guitarists/singers.

But if he's ready to make peace with those guys before somebody else dies, I'd love to say I actually got to see them play live.
That's one version. I choose to believe a different version. The label chose to sue Fogerty because he was the one who made the business decisions in the band.
As far as Jon Fogerty being Creedeence he joined the band after they formed. He might have had the talent but it was the whole band that recorded the music not just him. But he thought it was all just him. He had a swelled head and brought all that shit on himself.

ELVIS
05-20-2013, 09:54 PM
I'd watch it on youtube...

cadaverdog
05-20-2013, 09:57 PM
I don't think that's exactly correct. He didn't play any Creedence songs for years to avoid paying royalties to the legal owners. Then they sued him because his album sounded like Creedance. I think he won that one. I'm not sure why he started playing Creedance songs again but I'll check it out.

FORD
05-20-2013, 11:33 PM
That's one version. I choose to believe a different version. The label chose to sue Fogerty because he was the one who made the business decisions in the band.
As far as Jon Fogerty being Creedeence he joined the band after they formed. He might have had the talent but it was the whole band that recorded the music not just him. But he thought it was all just him. He had a swelled head and brought all that shit on himself.

Believe what you want. I'll let the music do the talking......

Exhibit A - Scab "Creedence"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8rBsGxOGRs

FORD
05-20-2013, 11:33 PM
Exhibit B - John Fogerty and a random backing band assembled just for this gig

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KevO0E_fdYs

Now mixing issues of the sound all aside, just listen to the damn performance and tell me who sounds like the authentic Creedence.

ELVIS
05-20-2013, 11:51 PM
That was a long fucking time ago...

ELVIS
05-20-2013, 11:53 PM
This sounds like CCR...

:elvis:

ELVIS
05-20-2013, 11:53 PM

FORD
05-20-2013, 11:56 PM
That was a long fucking time ago...

Obviously, since 2 members of John's backing band that night are now dead (Jerry and Clarence Clemons, who came on later in the set) and one of them is a judge on a lame assed bubblegum TV show. (yeah that's Randy on the bass, dog)

ELVIS
05-20-2013, 11:57 PM

ELVIS
05-21-2013, 12:01 AM
Some nice vocals and guitar work on this...

cadaverdog
05-21-2013, 12:34 AM
Believe what you want. I'll let the music do the talking......

That still doesn't make Fogerty Creedance and the other guys session musicians. Creedance was a band and Fogerty was a member, it wasn't John Fogerty and his band. He thought he was better than them at everything. Including managing the band. We see how that turned out.

sadaist
05-21-2013, 02:15 AM
I'd love to say I actually got to see them play live.

Ditto. One of the great bands of history (albeit a short history).

sadaist
05-21-2013, 02:52 AM
I like Dave Grohl. And the Foo Fighters are better than Nirvana ever was. There, I said it. Shotgun face probably wouldn't have played any CCR live because it was too political or territorial to the south or some weird bullshit whilst not realizing it's just plain good rock and roll.

FORD
05-21-2013, 03:47 AM
I like Dave Grohl. And the Foo Fighters are better than Nirvana ever was. There, I said it. Shotgun face probably wouldn't have played any CCR live because it was too political or territorial to the south or some weird bullshit whilst not realizing it's just plain good rock and roll.

Uh, actually Kurt loved CCR. Which should have been obvious enough from all the flannel shirts and shit. Fogerty was wearing that before anybody.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUnUD5AtWJw

Igosplut
05-21-2013, 07:24 AM
THIS (http://72.30.186.176/search/srpcache?ei=UTF-8&p=John+Fogerty+sued+for+playing&fr=my-myy&u=http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=John+Fogerty+sued+for+playing&d=4516580064886865&mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US&w=Kuc7gmjsFZgF5wIXQN4N4MgRzHVgd4am&icp=1&.intl=us&sig=cKAX4P.af53BcTIy0ywk2Q--) is a cache of a copyright lawyer explaining the situation between John and the label.

ELVIS
05-21-2013, 08:16 AM

Sarge
05-21-2013, 10:29 AM
That still doesn't make Fogerty Creedance and the other guys session musicians. Creedance was a band and Fogerty was a member, it wasn't John Fogerty and his band. He thought he was better than them at everything. Including managing the band. We see how that turned out.

He was better than them at everything. He wrote the music, lyrics and arrangements and had them play it. Plus, he had platinum records after Creedence. What did they do?

TFM_Dale
05-21-2013, 10:32 AM
He was better than them at everything. He wrote the music, lyrics and arrangements and had them play it. Plus, he had platinum records after Creedence. What did they do?

Rode the CCR name for every penny they could squeeze out of it.

Kristy
05-21-2013, 10:33 AM
CCR now qualifies for AARP.

TFM_Dale
05-21-2013, 10:40 AM

Just as you are a card carrying member of GLAAD. :bigwink:

ELVIS
05-21-2013, 11:03 AM

What band doesn't ??

FORD
05-21-2013, 12:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAEd_U7TEEM

FORD
05-21-2013, 02:37 PM
These guys look pretty baked in this video. And given the lyrics, I'd say John was really high when he wrote it....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqZhM75aGMg

cadaverdog
05-21-2013, 03:28 PM
You miss the point. I'll agree that he was the one with all the songwriting skills but they were a band not one guy and a backing band of hired hands. No one wants to give them credit for anything and I choose to give credit where credit is due. Strange argument for a Roth fan. Van Hagar accomplished more than solo Dave. I guess the sisters had all the talent and Dave was the one riding their coat tails.

TFM_Dale
05-21-2013, 03:39 PM
You miss the point. I'll agree that he was the one with all the songwriting skills but they were a band not one guy and a backing band of hired hands. No one wants to give them credit for anything and I choose to give credit where credit is due. Strange argument for a Roth fan. Van Hagar accomplished more than solo Dave. I guess the sisters had all the talent and Dave was the one riding their coat tails.

Who do you remember, Babe Ruth or Bill Werber? They played on the same team but.........................

FORD
05-21-2013, 04:05 PM

Van Hagar didn't really accomplish shit. They sold less records with each release while the Cheddar Assclown was in the band. And that's probably because the 12 year old girls who bought 5150 to hear "Dreams" and "Cheese Comes Walking In" grew up. Just like Shaun Cassidy and Leif Garrett sold less records to the previous decade's 12 year old girls.

But at least Van Hagar had a guitarist who wrote the music. The other guys in Creedence didn't do anything after the band broke up. Stu Cook tried to move to Nashville and start a country band, but it didn't go anywhere. Doug Clifford and Tom Fogerty didn't even do that much.

You want to compare them to VH, try this.... compare them to Alex and Sobolewski. Good musicians, yes. But they never had shit to do with the songwriting, and so apart from Dave & Eddie, they wouldn't have accomplished much.

Jérôme Frenchise
05-21-2013, 04:21 PM
Damn, CCR is among the biggest bands ever. And sure John Fogerty IS the band.
He wrote every original song they did.
And there were a glorious bunch, all composed in such a short time, '68-'72.

Now I feel like playing "Ramble Tamble" full blast, like when I was a barman at the English students' joint
at University, studying English myself.

Ooooooooooooooh oooooh ooooh..... Down on the road I go! :)

Kristy
05-21-2013, 04:42 PM
Just as you are a card carrying member of GLAAD. :bigwink:

Yeah, it's a fetish I have for their trash bags.

cadaverdog
05-21-2013, 04:55 PM
Van Hagar didn't really accomplish shit. They sold less records with each release while the Cheddar Assclown was in the band. And that's probably because the 12 year old girls who bought 5150 to hear "Dreams" and "Cheese Comes Walking In" grew up. Just like Shaun Cassidy and Leif Garrett sold less records to the previous decade's 12 year old girls.

But at least Van Hagar had a guitarist who wrote the music. The other guys in Creedence didn't do anything after the band broke up. Stu Cook tried to move to Nashville and start a country band, but it didn't go anywhere. Doug Clifford and Tom Fogerty didn't even do that much.

You want to compare them to VH, try this.... compare them to Alex and Sobolewski. Good musicians, yes. But they never had shit to do with the songwriting, and so apart from Dave & Eddie, they wouldn't have accomplished much.
Van Hagar still out performed Dave as a solo act. Saying Fogerty outshined the other guys without him and therefore they are irrelevant would be the same as calling Dave irrelevant without the rest of Van Halen. Fogerty wouldn't allow the other members to do anything but play what he wrote. He refused to sing anything he didn't write. He broke up the band, they didn't abandon him. Only his brother Tom quit before they broke up. And who could blame him. His own brother treated him like a hired hand.

cadaverdog
05-21-2013, 05:00 PM
Maybe Eddie should have left Van Halen and went solo instead of Dave leaving the band and every one would say he was the pope. He could have done the same thing Fogerty did, hog all the credit for himself. Then come back years later and toss the other guys a few scraps to make up for his selfishness.

TFM_Dale
05-21-2013, 05:04 PM
Van Hagar still out performed Dave as a solo act. Saying Fogerty outshined the other guys without him and therefore they are irrelevant would be the same as calling Dave irrelevant without the rest of Van Halen. Fogerty wouldn't allow the other members to do anything but play what he wrote. He refused to sing anything he didn't write. He broke up the band, they didn't abandon him. Only his brother Tom quit before they broke up. And who could blame him. His own brother treated him like a hired hand.

I hear you with the DLR and John Fogerty comparison but comparing Van Halen without Dave to CCR without John? Come on man, Faghar is a total douche but he was a name, Eddie Van fucking Halen is, well, Eddie Van fucking Halen. What the fuck is CCR without John Fogerty? Not even close man, not in my book.

Bob_R
05-21-2013, 05:11 PM
Van Hagar still out performed Dave as a solo act.

Ain't that the truth. Nail on the head!

cadaverdog
05-21-2013, 05:20 PM
I hear you with the DLR and John Fogerty comparison but comparing Van Halen without Dave to CCR without John? Come on man, Faghar is a total douche but he was a name, Eddie Van fucking Halen is, well, Eddie Van fucking Halen. What the fuck is CCR without John Fogerty? Not even close man, not in my book.
I'm just trying to make the point that the other guys deserve some credit for Creedance's success that no one here seems to want to give them. And blaming them for anything is bullshit. They wanted to contribute more but Fogerty would not allow it. He talked them into signing the contract that he refused to honor. That's why they sued him instead of the rest of the band.

Nickdfresh
05-21-2013, 06:39 PM

Didn't they try to release one or two post-John Fogerty albums that both bombed and were decimated by critics?

FORD
05-21-2013, 07:01 PM
Didn't they try to release one or two post-John Fogerty albums that both bombed and were decimated by critics?

Not exactly.....

First there was the case of the last CCR album, Mardi Gras. C-dog was partially correct when he said that the other band members wanted to write and sing material. So after brother Tom left the band, John Fogerty finally let them do it, and the results speak for themselves... the album tanked, it sold considerably worse than all previous CCR albums, and probably the only songs worthy of remembering from that record were the singles "Sweet Hitch Hiker" and "Tomorrow Never Comes". Fogerty only sang two other songs besides those on the album, one of which was a cover of Ricky Nelson's "Hello Mary Lou", of all things.

After the breakup of Creedence, Cook and Clifford went on to work with "The Don Harrison Band", but that never really went anywhere commercially. In either case, they didn't try to cash in on the CCR name until much later when they started the half-assed scab tribute band in the 1990s, after Fogerty refused to perform with them at the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame induction.

cadaverdog
05-21-2013, 07:02 PM
I just read up some more on Creedance. Doug and Stu former Creedance Clearwater Revisited after John not only refused to play with them at the RRHOF induction, he had them banned from the stage. And the last time they commented on a possible reunion with John the answer was hell no. He was a founding member but it was his decision to do everything but play the other guys parts in the recording studio. But if you ask him I'm sure he'd say he should have.

cadaverdog
05-21-2013, 07:07 PM
Not exactly.....

First there was the case of the last CCR album, Mardi Gras. C-dog was partially correct when he said that the other band members wanted to write and sing material. So after brother Tom left the band, John Fogerty finally let them do it, and the results speak for themselves... the album tanked, it sold considerably worse than all previous CCR albums, and probably the only songs worthy of remembering from that record were the singles "Sweet Hitch Hiker" and "Tomorrow Never Comes". Fogerty only sang two other songs besides those on the album, one of which was a cover of Ricky Nelson's "Hello Mary Lou", of all things.

After the breakup of Creedence, Cook and Clifford went on to work with "The Don Harrison Band", but that never really went anywhere commercially. In either case, they didn't try to cash in on the CCR name until much later when they started the half-assed scab tribute band in the 1990s, after Fogerty refused to perform with them at the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame induction.
You left out the fact Johnny refused to sing any songs they wrote. Maybe that's why the album tanked.

Igosplut
05-21-2013, 07:16 PM
I just read up some more on Creedance.

Did you read that link I posted?

FORD
05-21-2013, 07:29 PM
You left out the fact Johnny refused to sing any songs they wrote. Maybe that's why the album tanked.

Well, that certainly could have been part of the problem. Because these vocals probably didn't win any fans......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCZGWdVQaYU

.....but then some songwriters don't like to sing other people's lyrics, because they can't "feel" them, and sing it authentically.

Obviously, Creedence did a fair number of cover songs, but those were established songs, and probably lyrics that Fogerty could indentify with.

FORD
05-21-2013, 07:33 PM
Now let me clean that out of your ears......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEE6oQyhImQ

cadaverdog
05-21-2013, 09:45 PM
Well, that certainly could have been part of the problem. Because these vocals probably didn't win any fans......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCZGWdVQaYU

.....but then some songwriters don't like to sing other people's lyrics, because they can't "feel" them, and sing it authentically.

Obviously, Creedence did a fair number of cover songs, but those were established songs, and probably lyrics that Fogerty could indentify with.
Then again maybe he's the dictatorial asshole I say he is and refuses to sing their songs for the simple fact they wrote them and might deserve a little credit for their contribution therefore lessening his greatness.

FORD
05-21-2013, 09:53 PM
Geezus.... I didn't think it was possible for anybody not named Zaentz, Cook, or Clifford to have so much pathological hatred for John Fogerty.

Did he steal your socks or something? :wtf:

cadaverdog
05-21-2013, 10:02 PM
Did he steal your socks or something? :wtf:
You almost made it through a thread without resorting to a personal attack because you couldn't convince me that you're right and I'm wrong. I guess the asshole gene is too strong for you to overcome.

FORD
05-21-2013, 10:08 PM
The video in post 47 proves you wrong.

Those other guys couldn't carry a tune in a bucket, let alone carry a BAND.

Case closed.

cadaverdog
05-21-2013, 10:39 PM
The video in post 47 proves you wrong.

Those other guys couldn't carry a tune in a bucket, let alone carry a BAND.

Case closed.
Post 50 proves you're a dickhead who resorts to personal attacks if someone holds their beliefs no matter how many times you try to convince them they're wrong. You can't just agree to dusagree. That would be too civil.

FORD
05-21-2013, 10:45 PM
WHAT "personal attack" are you fucking babbling about?

Because I asked you why you had so much hatred for Fogerty?

Because I asked if he stole your socks??

I didn't say anything about him fucking your socks, so how in the name of Foot Locker are you stretching that into a "personal attack"

Geezus... get counseling. :rolleyes:

LoungeMachine
05-21-2013, 11:00 PM
Post 50 proves you're a dickhead who resorts to personal attacks .

:lmao:

awesome

cadaverdog
05-22-2013, 12:00 AM
:lmao:

awesome
Nice contribution. I'm sure you didn't track me down on this thread just to make some smart ass comment. You don't do shit like that.

cadaverdog
05-22-2013, 12:02 AM
WHAT "personal attack" are you fucking babbling about?

Because I asked you why you had so much hatred for Fogerty?

Because I asked if he stole your socks??

I didn't say anything about him fucking your socks, so how in the name of Foot Locker are you stretching that into a "personal attack"

Geezus... get counseling. :rolleyes:
You mentioned socks because you were thinking about footwear, it didn't have anything to do with calling me sockfucker. I guess I overreacted.

Sarge
05-22-2013, 12:20 AM
Caverdog,
I think you are not getting CCR.
It wasn't a situation like Classic Van Halen, where Dave provided the lyrics and Ed the guitar.
John wrote all of the music, then taught the parts to the other Bozo's.
Those other guys brought nothing to the table!
When he left CCR, since they sold the rights to all the music for money, because he only owned 20% of the band.
He felt betrayed by the rest of the band, thus the split.

Sarge
05-22-2013, 12:23 AM
The CCR behind the music is a great view. It explains the relationship of the band members and explains why John is mad at them.

cadaverdog
05-22-2013, 01:38 AM
Caverdog,
I think you are not getting CCR.
It wasn't a situation like Classic Van Halen, where Dave provided the lyrics and Ed the guitar.
John wrote all of the music, then taught the parts to the other Bozo's.
Those other guys brought nothing to the table!
When he left CCR, since they sold the rights to all the music for money, because he only owned 20% of the band.
He felt betrayed by the rest of the band, thus the split.
I disagree. I see Fogerty as a guy that was in a band who wanted to call all the shots because he considered himself the only member of the band with any talent. He refused to let any of the other guys contribute anything at first then he decided he would let them contribute but he wouldn't sing anything they wrote. He called the shots as far as the legal side too. His own brother couldn't stand being in the band with him and stated no one would last that replaced him because John was too much of a dictator.

big fatty
05-22-2013, 01:45 AM
Thing of it is, MUSICALLY, John Fogerty doesn't NEED those other guys, much like Paul Rodgers doesn't really need Bad Company to sound good.

They may just benifet from the actual NAME BRAND recognition of their original respective bands , from the mainstream Charlie Potatoeheads who'll get excited about a reunion without even knowing the leaders have already been performing that material anyways in their solo careers.

I couldn't care less about this reunion. It reminds me of the idiots who think Rob Zombie is no good without White Zombie.

ELVIS
05-22-2013, 08:24 AM
I'm just trying to make the point that the other guys deserve some credit for Creedance's success that no one here seems to want to give them.

I don't think they do...

They were sub-par at best...

It's always been the John Fogerty show...

He moved on to better musicians as soon as he had the chance...

ELVIS
05-22-2013, 08:31 AM
I see Fogerty as a guy that was in a band who wanted to call all the shots because he considered himself the only member of the band with any talent. He refused to let any of the other guys contribute anything at first then he decided he would let them contribute but he wouldn't sing anything they wrote. He called the shots as far as the legal side too. His own brother couldn't stand being in the band with him and stated no one would last that replaced him because John was too much of a dictator.

You don't seem to understand...

John Fogerty was a creative force with a solid vision and the fortitude and discipline to see that vision through...

The other guys could have been anyone under the fucking sun... Fogerty still would have emerged triumphant...

There's a difference between these driven, creative people and average couch potatoes...

Fogerty, like his music or not, is the real deal...

cadaverdog
05-22-2013, 10:18 AM

John Fogerty was a creative force with a solid vision and the fortitude and discipline to see that vision through...

The other guys could have been anyone under the fucking sun... Fogerty still would have emerged triumphant...

There's a difference between these driven, creative people and average couch potatoes...

You assume they were just a trio of dingleberries sitting around all day with their thumbs up their asses because that's all the great talent let them do. If their playing sounded less than stellar could it be because that's how the great talent wanted them to play? Praise the great talent all you want. I think he's a stubborn hard head who thinks he's Gods gift to music. He had all the talent but no skills as a human being.

cadaverdog
05-22-2013, 10:30 AM

Sounds like hero worship to me. You said there's a difference between these driven, creative people and the average couch potato. When did musicians talented enough to play with the great talent on his albums become average couch potatoes? Then again we're talking about members of a site who calls a multimillionaire recording artist who has played in front of literally millions of paying customers a complete failure because he ran/runs his mouth about their hero. Dave's a better singer but Sammy keeps putting out music that somebodies buying. And I'll venture to bet he's written a few new songs in the last 20 something years.

cadaverdog
05-22-2013, 10:46 AM
I'm not a musician. I sang in the boys glee club class in junior high and I could easily front one of these metal bands that growl out the lyrics like they're doing a bad cookie monster imitation but that's about it. But I see a band as a team. Every team has it's star or stars and it's lesser talents but they work together as a team. Fogerty was the star, he was the guy who called the plays. But without players who can execute those plays even the most talented will not succeed. Those boys did their part but wanted to do more, they wanted to help design the plays but the star refused to let them. Now the star is getting all the credit and the other guys are getting kicked in the face by the very fans they helped entertain.

cadaverdog
05-22-2013, 10:52 AM
One last Fogerty rant. I'll never forget how him, Springsteen and a few others tried to use their fans to advance their political agendas. They played those anyone but Bush concerts to sway their fans into voting the way they wanted them to. They could have taken the higher ground and used their influence to get their fans to vote for who they felt best served their personal interests but instead they just said do as I do because I said so.

Zing!
05-22-2013, 10:59 AM
Fortunately Dubya had Toby Keith to drown them out...

ashstralia
05-22-2013, 11:09 AM
I'm not a musician. I could easily front one of these metal bands that growl out the lyrics

our band operates more like a socialist democratic republic... :)

cadaverdog
05-22-2013, 11:23 AM
I got no problem with musicians or actors supporting who or what the want but when you try to influence youngsters who don't know any better with your star power they'll tend to follow along because they're fans not because they feel the same way.

cadaverdog
05-22-2013, 11:24 AM
Fortunately Dubya had Toby Keith to drown them out...
If he was doing the same thing that's as bad as the other guys doing it.

Zing!
05-22-2013, 11:30 AM
our band operates more like a socialist democratic republic... :)

You're fooling yourself. You're a anarcho-syndicalist commune.

ashstralia
05-22-2013, 11:40 AM
at times, we're a dictatorship which gets quickly overthrown.. :)

love the fog, btw. he's a regular visitor and everyone here loves him.

cadaverdog
05-22-2013, 12:00 PM
at times, we're a dictatorship which gets quickly overthrown.. :)

love the dog, btw. he's a regular visitor and everyone here loves him.
I've only been there once but I appreciate the shout out.

ELVIS
05-22-2013, 12:31 PM
Dave's a better singer but Sammy keeps putting out music that somebodies buying. And I'll venture to bet he's written a few new songs in the last 20 something years.

Go to sucksamsdick.com and problem solved...

FORD
05-22-2013, 12:37 PM
I got no problem with musicians or actors supporting who or what the want but when you try to influence youngsters who don't know any better with your star power they'll tend to follow along because they're fans not because they feel the same way.

Right.... because without John Fogerty, Bruce Springsteen, Eddie Vedder, and Michael Stipe singing to them, all those kids would have voted for the mindless Chimp. :rolleyes: :sockfucker:

That's like saying I would have voted for Reagan's senile ass in 1980, because I listened to fucking "Wango Tango" (assuming I had been 18 at the time, which I wasn't)

ashstralia
05-22-2013, 12:39 PM
I've only been there once but I appreciate the shout out.

you wouldn't last 5 mins in a real aussie pub...

then again maybe you would

FORD
05-22-2013, 12:40 PM
Posting this one just for C-dog.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm2OA5htBBw

FORD
05-22-2013, 12:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez7Pe4fCYt4

FORD
05-22-2013, 12:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQqHzPzQsMg

ELVIS
05-22-2013, 12:59 PM

cadaverdog
05-22-2013, 03:58 PM
you wouldn't last 5 mins in a real aussie pub...

then again maybe you would
I was too busy getting laid by Aussie women night after night to bother doing the pub crawl but I've partied down with you boys in other ports and I've always had a good time doing it. Thailand comes to mind. Met a crazy Aussie merchant marine who ended up assaulting our X O when we told him what a dick he was. When we pulled him off him the X O became our best buddy for a little while. He never knew we egged the guy on to do it.

TFM_Dale
05-22-2013, 04:16 PM
I was too busy getting laid by Aussie women night after night to bother doing the pub crawl

If they have an Adam's apple it isn't a chick.

ELVIS
05-22-2013, 07:03 PM

cadaverdog
05-23-2013, 02:08 AM
If they have an Adam's apple it isn't a chick.
Sounds like a man with experience.

TFM_Dale
05-23-2013, 02:22 AM
Sounds like a man with experience.

Just trying to help you out Mr. Soap on a rope.

ELVIS
05-23-2013, 08:06 AM
I was too busy getting laid by Aussie women night after night...

Maybe if you'd start telling the truth about your miserable life, someone might listen...

You need to realize that when you tell tall tails, there's always someone within earshot to call you on it...

cadaverdog
05-23-2013, 11:34 AM
Maybe if you'd start telling the truth about your miserable life, someone might listen...

You need to realize that when you tell tall tails, there's always someone within earshot to call you on it...
You obviously know jack shit about what your talking about, Elbow. Any sailor from the US who visited Australia in the 80's will tell you the women line up for miles to date the next squid that steps off the ship because not only did (not sure if they still do) they outnumber dudes 2 to 1, the Aussie ladies prefer the way we treat their women. Aussie men can (or could) pick and choose since the ladies outnumber them so they tend (or tended) to treat their women less nicely than we do. (or did). A lot of the fellas got marriage proposals from the fathers of these ladies on the first date.
Although I've hit some rough road I don't have a miserable life no matter what you think. I have steady income now. I pay for my room and board with cash as well as a helping hand when needed. I'm doing fine in college. I own a classic car with a fresh built motor and trans. I have family and friends who have helped me through the rough times. And I've even made a few friends at this site.
So you can believe Lard and his stories about how I sponge of my friends and I'm a convicted felon who got a dishonorable discharge from the navy and I live (lived) in Bakersfield if you choose to but that doesn't make it true. I did time for selling pot, I admit that, but I'm no longer considered a convicted felon because I got it reduced to a misdemeanor though the court system because my public defender gave me bad advice to plead guilty to a felony to avoid a longer prison term. I did all my time in the service but I will admit I constantly broke the rules and got busted down for failing a drug test but I still finished my hitch. And though I have lived in Kern county, California I have never ever lived in Bakersfield.
Now you can believe the person who lives (or lived) the story or you can believe the ones that say you are an unemployed male nurse who lives in the swamp and comes from a long line of inbred hicks. If you believe what they say about me it must be true what they say about you.

cadaverdog
05-23-2013, 11:43 AM
Just trying to help you out Mr. Soap on a rope.
I'd rather be him than be Mr Drop the soap , pal.
I do have a good story though. When I was in Thailand I was having a drink with a buddy and his lady for the evening when we saw a ship mate who tended to overdue the drinking walking down the street with two "ladies" on his way back to the hotel most of us were staying in. We decided to try to convince him the "ladies" were men. He didn't buy it and proceeded to the hotel. Then the chick that was with my pal told us they were really men. He was gone by then. He got back to the hotel and the mama san ran off the trannies before it got any worse. I started watching for Adam's apples after that.

Nitro Express
05-23-2013, 11:49 AM
I will be going to Thailand, Malaysia, and Singapore in a week. I will be pretty much stuck in Bangkok.

Nitro Express
05-23-2013, 11:52 AM
I went to Iceland not really expecting much when I was in my teens. My dad's family line comes out of there so he was doing some genealogy research. I was a new piece of meat on the island full of girls who wanted something that was not from Iceland. It was paradise!

Zing!
05-23-2013, 11:57 AM
I will be going to Thailand, Malaysia, and Singapore in a week. I will be pretty much stuck in Bangkok.

One night in Bangkok?

cadaverdog
05-23-2013, 12:22 PM
Never been to Malaysia. Thailand was a blast. Don't even think about smoking any weed there. The penalty for that is extremely harsh. Singapore is hotter than hell itself and I'm a desert rat. I've lived in the Mojave desert for damn near 40 years. But I went out once then spent the rest of the time on the nice air conditioned ship I called home.

FORD
05-23-2013, 03:14 PM
Thailand was a blast. Don't even think about smoking any weed there. The penalty for that is extremely harsh.

So they're cool with child prostitution, but not with smoking weed. Geezus, priorities, people. I mean "Thai stick" came from there, didn't it?

Zing!
05-23-2013, 03:22 PM
"Thai stick" came from there, didn't it?

I thought it was that stuff that's tied to a stick.

FORD
05-23-2013, 03:36 PM
I thought it was that stuff that's tied to a stick.

It is. But the practice originated in Thailand, hence the name. Authentically, they would use stems from the plant itself and use fibers from the stem to tie up the buds. But bamboo skewers and string are also used. Sometimes it was dipped in hash oil, which is what made it better than the usual buds of the time.

And there's your obscure weed history trivia lesson for the day. Don't ask me how I even know that shit, because I honestly don't remember where I learned such a thing. :littlebong:

cadaverdog
05-23-2013, 05:42 PM
It is. But the practice originated in Thailand, hence the name. Authentically, they would use stems from the plant itself and use fibers from the stem to tie up the buds. But bamboo skewers and string are also used. Sometimes it was dipped in hash oil, which is what made it better than the usual buds of the time.

And there's your obscure weed history trivia lesson for the day. Don't ask me how I even know that shit, because I honestly don't remember where I learned such a thing. :littlebong:
The way I remember it is real Thai stick from Thailand is dipped in opium. The Thai stick that some people sold might have been dipped in most anything. Hash oil, PCP, formaldehyde, booze, motor oil, diesel fuel, gasoline, turpentine, cough syrup,etc. I've had a few varieties. The real stuff (in Thailand), some shit that made me paranoid (also in Thailand), some shit dipped in diesel fuel (it tasted and smelled like diesel fuel), and some dipped in PCP. The PCP stuff made me flip out and tear up my apartment and attack my guests before falling, splitting my head open and passing out. After only one bong load. A good friend returned the remainder of the PCP Thai Stick and got my money back plus a few bucks to cover damages since they had neglected to inform us it was dipped in PCP when we bought it.

FORD
05-23-2013, 05:50 PM
And this is why I rarely bought weed, and when I did, only from a trusted source. Wouldn't want anything dipped in PCP, or certainly not any bizzare chemicals. Or even opium, because of the whole addiction factor, though I suspect it was on some stuff I smoked back in the day.

cadaverdog
05-23-2013, 05:55 PM
And this is why I rarely bought weed, and when I did, only from a trusted source. Wouldn't want anything dipped in PCP, or certainly not any bizzare chemicals. Or even opium, because of the whole addiction factor, though I suspect it was on some stuff I smoked back in the day.
Been slipped LSD in kool aid too. You don't know your tripping, you just think you've lost your mind. I knew guys who rocked up coke to smoke in bleach. I tried it once. My brain felt like it was burning. I managed to resist another hit.

ELVIS
05-23-2013, 09:20 PM
You obviously know jack shit about what your talking about, Elbow. Any sailor from the US who visited Australia in the 80's will tell you the women line up for miles to date the next squid that steps off the ship because not only did (not sure if they still do) they outnumber dudes 2 to 1, the Aussie ladies prefer the way we treat their women. Aussie men can (or could) pick and choose since the ladies outnumber them so they tend (or tended) to treat their women less nicely than we do. (or did). A lot of the fellas got marriage proposals from the fathers of these ladies on the first date.
Although I've hit some rough road I don't have a miserable life no matter what you think. I have steady income now. I pay for my room and board with cash as well as a helping hand when needed. I'm doing fine in college. I own a classic car with a fresh built motor and trans. I have family and friends who have helped me through the rough times. And I've even made a few friends at this site.
So you can believe Lard and his stories about how I sponge of my friends and I'm a convicted felon who got a dishonorable discharge from the navy and I live (lived) in Bakersfield if you choose to but that doesn't make it true. I did time for selling pot, I admit that, but I'm no longer considered a convicted felon because I got it reduced to a misdemeanor though the court system because my public defender gave me bad advice to plead guilty to a felony to avoid a longer prison term. I did all my time in the service but I will admit I constantly broke the rules and got busted down for failing a drug test but I still finished my hitch. And though I have lived in Kern county, California I have never ever lived in Bakersfield.
Now you can believe the person who lives (or lived) the story or you can believe the ones that say you are an unemployed male nurse who lives in the swamp and comes from a long line of inbred hicks. If you believe what they say about me it must be true what they say about you.

I read about half of that nonsense...:biggrin:

cadaverdog
05-23-2013, 10:23 PM
I read about half of that nonsense...:biggrin:
Good. Now try minding your own fucking business reguarding my personal life.

ELVIS
05-24-2013, 12:10 AM
You have reading comprehension problems...

I don't give a fuck about anyone's personal life or lack thereof...

FORD
05-24-2013, 01:22 AM
Uh oh.... now he's going to accuse you of a "personal attack" ......

Angel
05-24-2013, 01:56 AM

High Times Encyclopedia by chance?

FORD
05-24-2013, 02:09 AM
They made an encyclopedia? :biggrin:

Angel
05-24-2013, 02:38 AM
They made an encyclopedia? :biggrin:

Everybody I knew had one in the late 70's. I've got a copy packed away somewhere.

http://www.erowid.org/library/books/images/high_times_encyclopedia.jpg

FORD
05-24-2013, 02:48 AM
Damn... wish I had known about that when I had to write all those damn reports in school. How could they have objected to an encyclopedia as a reference?

cadaverdog
05-24-2013, 04:31 AM
I don't give a fuck about anyone's personal life or lack thereof...
If that's true why are we having this conversation? That's right, you chose to speak about something you don't give a fuck about in the first place. My personal life. Next time engage pea brain before posting.

cadaverdog
05-24-2013, 04:33 AM
Uh oh.... now he's going to accuse you of a "personal attack" ......
I'll let you handle that. Done. Thanx. Bye.

cadaverdog
05-24-2013, 04:37 AM
Everybody I knew had one in the late 70's. I've got a copy packed away somewhere.

I always thought High Times was a pot snob mag.

ELVIS
05-24-2013, 08:37 AM
If that's true why are we having this conversation? That's right, you chose to speak about something you don't give a fuck about in the first place. My personal life.

No, I said you should tell the truth about your miserable life...

But I generally don't read your posts and I don't know anything about you, nor do I care...

Now run along...

And learn how to spell...

ashstralia
05-24-2013, 08:54 AM
I was too busy getting laid by Aussie women night after night to bother doing the pub crawl but I've partied down with you boys in other ports and I've always had a good time doing it.

yeah, i was just yankin your chain dawg. i partied with plenty of you blokes in sydney in the 80's...;)

cadaverdog
05-24-2013, 12:31 PM
yeah, i was just yankin your chain dawg. i partied with plenty of you blokes in sydney in the 80's...;)
When you blokes see us with your women you aren't near as friendly but outside of your home turf you fuckers party down as hard or harder than we did back then. Do y the ladies still outnumber you by a large margin?

cadaverdog
05-24-2013, 12:35 PM
No, I said you should tell the truth about your miserable life...

But I generally don't read your posts and I don't know anything about you, nor do I care...

You know nothing and you don't care but you comment anyway? Sounds like the same strategy you use in The Front Line when you post there.

ashstralia
05-24-2013, 12:37 PM
probably not like back then; but it'd still be closer to 60/40 than 50/50.
and as long as it's not my chick, i couldn't give a flying fuck!!:)