PDA

View Full Version : Kid Rock Summer Tour - ZZ Top To Open For This Loser......

Hardrock69
05-24-2013, 09:14 PM
Kid Rock is not worthy to smell ZZ Top's shit.

I saw a piece of an article on scalping tickets for tours this year, and it is very informative about the current state of the live concert ticketing industry, but towards the bottom they discuss KR's summer tour:

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/digital-and-mobile/1563763/kid-rock-rolling-stones-ticketmasters-jared-smith-on

Kid Rock, whose tour openers include ZZ Top, Uncle Kracker and Kool and the Gang, is playing the same venues he's performed at in the past, but he said he's filling up more seats and selling tickets faster. Even scalpers have approached the performer to cut deals.

Oh how the Mighty have fallen.

Seriously.

ZZ Top has been a headlining act since the early fucking 70s.

And they are OPENING for Kid Jackoff?

Sure.....on the plus side they will be playing for large audiences and possibly making a lot of new fans......

But that just sucks fucking ass.

For all you guys who dig KR, more power to ya.

I have never been impressed by him or anything he has ever even remotely attempted to do.

Va Beach VH Fan
05-24-2013, 09:35 PM
Wouldn't go if I had a free ticket....

ThrillsNSpills
05-24-2013, 09:45 PM
I think ZZ Top's just glad they can still stand up.

Hardrock69
05-24-2013, 09:49 PM
Oh I agree. I have posted several times over the past 10 years how I saw them in about 2003 or so, and they had become so slow (musically AND physically), that they looked in danger of shifting into reverse.....

But even so.....I had to whine about it...

SunisinuS
05-24-2013, 09:51 PM
Sorry but the new ZZ Top album was at least better and still video friendly....I stopped listening to them after "Sleeping Bag" though. Maybe they just want to sleep more and let Kid NoCock* pull his pants down halfway like every other white sub-urban white boy and fake it while they get paid in advance:

Least they can still make an 80's video in the new millennium....a follow up to Hot For Teacher might have been kewl from VH as well.

ThrillsNSpills
05-24-2013, 10:05 PM
Kid Rock is not worthy to smell ZZ Top's shit.

Maybe if we send ZZ Top the Karloff outburst clip from Ed Wood and the above sentence they'll write a song called Kid Ritchie does not deserve to smell our shit and they'll get kicked off the tour. :1014:

BITEYOASS
05-24-2013, 10:26 PM
What happened? Limp Bizkit wasn't available for Kid Cock's opening slot? :donkey:

Hardrock69
05-24-2013, 10:29 PM
Maybe if we send ZZ Top the Karloff outburst clip from Ed Wood and the above sentence they'll write a song called Kid Ritchie does not deserve to smell our shit and they'll get kicked off the tour. :1014:

:lmao:

Green Manalishi
05-25-2013, 04:30 PM
The whole Kid Rock thing . I just don't get it . Never have from day one and never , ever will . Thought he was a poser wannabe joke from day one and I don't think much different of him now . He seems to attract the loser cornfield crips crowd . Nothing to brag about for sure . His questionable " talent " is marginal at best .
Either ZZ Top is experiencing real hard times or they are just hard up for attention . If the real and very capable ZZ Top shows up , Kid Rock will be experiencing nightly ass kickings on a regular basis . The same goes for Kool & The Gang .

So this is love
05-25-2013, 05:14 PM
Wow! ZZ top to open for kid rock....I have seen ZZ top a couple of times and had a great time but why do they need to open for Kid Rock??? Shouldn't this be the other way around!! something is wrong...

Hardrock69
05-25-2013, 07:36 PM
Like most peeps who are into bands, we all get to see bands when they are young and hungry and kicking everyone's ass.

Then you get to watch them get older, and hope they do not get lamer.

I have to admit, the Top have stuck to their artistic vision over the years, but the intensity level for me has gone way downhill from the first time I saw them in 1976.

They just cannot seriously deliver ass-kickings the way they used to, just like any other band. Look at what happened to Led Zep in 10 years time.....

Happens to many bands.

Kid Rock has stayed at the exact same level of Suck since he first arrived on the public scene....

Mr. Vengeance
05-25-2013, 10:16 PM
Look at it this way- the clueless young dopes who listen to Kid Rock will be exposed to great rock music when ZZ Top opens. It's a start....

Northern Girl
05-25-2013, 11:30 PM
I saw Kid Rock years ago. Fantastic show! Fun! Supertight and professional. He plays several instruments, which I didn't know. Had a blast!

ZZ Top on the other hand would bore the shit out of me...

Angel
05-26-2013, 01:25 AM
I saw Kid Rock years ago. Fantastic show! Fun! Supertight and professional. He plays several instruments, which I didn't know. Had a blast!

ZZ Top on the other hand would bore the shit out of me...

Now I have the guts to say it...I like Kid Rock. He was here with Jovi last year (or he one before, can't remember for sure). I live close to the stadium and it sounded like a hell of a show. Two months later he was back again. From all accounts a great time was had by all.

sadaist
05-26-2013, 03:08 AM
Now I have the guts to say it...I like Kid Rock.

Always a fun listen. Bawitabadabangdabanddiggydiggy...... mah name is kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Northern Girl
05-26-2013, 03:58 AM
Now I have the guts to say it...

LOL. I like what I like and don't give a shit what anyone else says about it. So many males afraid to admit what they really like here. It's pretty comical. Boys are dumb!

Mr. Vengeance
05-26-2013, 09:10 AM
LOL. I like what I like and don't give a shit what anyone else says about it. So many males afraid to admit what they really like here. It's pretty comical. Boys are dumb!

Either that or we don't say we like something we don't. If I liked Kid Rock, I'd have no problem saying it. Trust me. I'm on record as admitting I'm a lifelong fan of Olivia Newton John. Doesn't stop me from liking other types of music. In fact, I may be the only person on earth who has Olivia's entire catalogue and Venom's entire catalogue.

Different strokes...

TFM_Dale
05-26-2013, 09:59 AM
I'm a hard rock, heavy metal, punk, grunge, thrash kind of fan but I can listen to some Kid Rock, musically he isn't my cup of tea but Lord knows he is better then the majority of the hack bands that are popular these days.

ELVIS
05-26-2013, 10:10 AM
Look at it this way- the clueless young dopes who listen to Kid Rock will be exposed to great rock music when ZZ Top opens. It's a start....

They would be great if Billy Gibbons wouldn't play so lazily...

ELVIS
05-26-2013, 10:12 AM
:elvis:

Hardrock69
05-26-2013, 12:18 PM
Billy has never played like anyone else. Lazy or no. He is not and has never been a shredder.

78/84 guy
05-27-2013, 12:18 PM
Billy has never played like anyone else. Lazy or no. He is not and has never been a shredder.

They guy has some cool licks for sure. But they have been so boring live for the last 20 years I'm not surprised to see them struggle to sell big places. They are playing a club in town here sometime soon. It's like their standing around two feet away from each other for some gimmick. Well it couldn't be anymore boring ! I will never see them again. Some of these guys need to retire. Fuck Billy used too run around a little in the 70's and early 80's and gave you something too watch. And he would play a real guitar that had a tone ! A les Paul. Not some stupid custom piece of shit Gretsch. They haven't had a good album in 20 years.

Hardrock69
05-27-2013, 01:31 PM
Welll....I could say it is possible they have had decent albums in the past 20 years, as they ARE capable of producing them, but I would not know, as I am only interested in ZZ Top from the 70s.

I think Afterburner was the last album I ever owned, and I do not listen to what they put out these days. I really should, as there would be at least a song or two on each album that would be good, but these days I am more into metal stuff, or bands that actually do kickass, like BCC, Rammstein or Van Halen.

78/84 guy
06-04-2013, 06:37 PM
True. I'm sure you could get a few cds worth of songs that are good from their last 5-6 albums but I don't want too pay for them then weed through them for the good stuff. The 70's stuff is awesome.

DavidLeeNatra
06-05-2013, 03:09 AM
Hagar opened for Kid Rock...same audience, same league, same shit...

DLR Bridge
06-05-2013, 06:09 AM
In fact, I may be the only person on earth who has Olivia's entire catalogue and Venom's entire catalogue...

Wow. That's up there with Elvis crankin' John Denver and Wasp!

Hey, diversity is a good thing and If you're a musician, it can only lead you down a more creative path.

DLR Bridge
06-05-2013, 06:28 AM
LOL. I like what I like and don't give a shit what anyone else says about it.

As damn well you shouldn't!

My personal view on Kid Rock is that while I'm sure he and his band can put on a good show, I just can't get into the whole rap/rock hybrid thing. Rage was about the only band I could get into from that genre and even that wore on me quick. I also think that Kid relies way too heavily on sampling classic rock songs to cough up a mainstream rock radio hit. If he's actually ever written any decent music on his own, I don't know that I've heard it. Not saying he hasn't.

cadaverdog
06-05-2013, 06:50 AM
True. I'm sure you could get a few cds worth of songs that are good from their last 5-6 albums but I don't want too pay for them then weed through them for the good stuff. The 70's stuff is awesome.
The Afterburner album established an image and a sound they have tried to stick with ever since. Same thing happened to AC/DC after Bon Scott died. The songs all seem the same in some ways. Ted Nugent wrote "Cat Scratch Fever" and damn near every song he wrote after that was about getting pussy.

cadaverdog
06-05-2013, 06:57 AM
As damn well you shouldn't!

My personal view on Kid Rock is that while I'm sure he and his band can put on a good show, I just can't get into the whole rap/rock hybrid thing. Rage was about the only band I could get into from that genre and even that wore on me quick. I also think that Kid relies way too heavily on sampling classic rock songs to cough up a mainstream rock radio hit. If he's actually ever written any decent music on his own, I don't know that I've heard it. Not saying he hasn't.
It might just be part of his act I don't get but I don't care all for the bragging bullshit. Whether he can "back it up" or not. A guy who started out as Vanilla Ice from Detroit should be more humble.