PDA

View Full Version : Verizon Is Now Obama's Little Bitch

Kristy
06-06-2013, 10:28 AM
Welcome to 2013!

http://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/2013/06/06/2395453/

Now, I'm not going all Alex Jone$ here but to justify this as legitimate spying of one's personal phone date is really going over the top. So...to all of you still living in the 80's (with your mullets) who use Verizon you may want to rethink your service.

More scare here:

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/Report-Feds-Getting-Phone-Records-Of-All-Verizon-Customers-210395631.html

ELVIS
06-06-2013, 10:29 AM
More like welcome to 1984 and beyond...

ELVIS
06-06-2013, 12:19 PM
The Obama administration called government review of complete phone records of U.S. customers a “critical tool” in protecting the public from terrorists.

The information “allows counterterrorism personnel to discover whether known or suspected terrorists have been in contact with other persons who may be engaged in terrorist activities, particularly people located inside the United States,” a senior Obama administration official said Thursday. The official stopped short of confirming the practice.

Former officials described the practice after a published account on the gathering of complete phone records from all Verizon U.S. customers, including landline and wireless accounts, was published Wednesday.

Read more propaganda at: WSJ (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324299104578529112289298922.html)

:elvis:

Nitro Express
06-06-2013, 02:05 PM
The only reason we know about Verizon is the british press broke the story. The press here is so government controlled they still aren't covering it. The thing is it's just the tip of the ice berg with the IRS, NSA, and Justice Department scandals. There is a whole huge closet of skeletons we don't see and more shit is just going to fall out. The thing is the US federal government has gone completely rogue, and we have the world's largest military and contractors running rough shod over the world. It's not just a US citizen problem. We need to defund these government agencies and just shut them the fuck down. The FDA works for Monsanto. The EPA works for the gas and oil companies. The SEC works for the Wall Street bankers. The IRS is now the gestapo.

Give your senators and congressmen hell about it. Nancy Pelosi once said she could have arrested George W. Bush and had the sargent of arms hold him in the US Capitol jail. There is a jail in the basement of the US Capitol and the Speaker of the House has the authority to arrest a US President if they go rogue, ignore congress, and abuse their power. Well Mr. Oompaloompa Bone Head (someone is going to jail and nothing has yet been done) what's keeping you from doing your job? Defund the abusers and throw this rogue tyrant of a president in jail.

We have an agency government. Many of these agencies are incorporated in Delaware and have unions. Not even the president can fire the employees and employees can be fired if they talk to a member of congress without permission. These directors of these agencies are not elected but they have the power to seize assets and arrest you and hold you without due process. Now under Bush, all these agencies have their own armed military type police forces. Even amish farms and health food stores have had these armed thugs bust in and do whatever they hell they want and seize what they want. It used to be if the EPA or FDA came calling, they sent your letter or sent an agent to come talk to you. Now armed goons come busting in and hold a gun to your head.

The agency government has to go. We need to return the power back to the congress. The executive branch has become too powerful and under bush it has become a tyrant and it's gotten worse with Obama.

Nitro Express
06-06-2013, 02:18 PM
More like welcome to 1984 and beyond...

Even Piers Morgan admitted he sees the tyranny now. Well Mr.Morgan that's why we have a 2nd Amendment. I cringe to think whee we would be now if that deterent wasn't there. Sure an organized military force can roll armed citizens but you stir one hell of a bees nest by doing so and most people would rather avoid doing so. The thing is, I think we have some crazy motherfuckers in charge who just flipped us the middle finger and they are going to do whatever the hell they want to do. All I can say, chances are good things are going to get dicey unless those assholes in congress grow a set of balls and step in and start doing their job. We have to get this rogue executive branch and it's agencies under control or this thing is going to spiral into something really nasty.

Nitro Express
06-06-2013, 02:23 PM
I don't like the snooping but frankly you are going to die of boredom looking at my phone records. Nothing juicy to blackmail me on either.

Nickdfresh
06-06-2013, 06:05 PM
Here's the original Guardian article (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/06/nsa-phone-records-verizon-court-order)

FORD
06-06-2013, 09:17 PM
June 6, 2013
A Letter to Verizon Customers
Posted by Andy Borowitz

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Today, President Obama issued the following letter to all Verizon customers:

Dear Verizon Customers,

Yesterday it came to light that the National Security Agency has been collecting millions of phone records from you each and every day. Since that news was released, many of you have called the White House with questions and concerns about this new program. To save my time and yours, here are answers to three of the F.A.Q.s (Frequently Asked Questions) we’ve been hearing from you:

1. Will I be charged extra for this service?

I’m happy to say that the answer is no. While the harvesting and surveillance of your domestic phone calls were not a part of your original Verizon service contract, the National Security Agency is providing this service entirely free of charge.

2. If I add a phone to my account, will those calls also be monitored?

Once again, the answer is good news. If you want to add a child or any other family member to your Verizon account, their phone calls—whom they called, when, and the duration of the call—will all be monitored by the United States government, at no additional cost.

3. Can the National Security Agency help me understand my Verizon bill?

Unfortunately, no. The National Security Agency has tried, but failed, to understand Verizon’s bills. Please call Verizon customer service and follow the series of electronic prompts.

I hope I’ve helped clear up some of the confusion about this exciting new program. But if you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to call the White House. Joe Biden is standing by.

God bless America,

President Obama

ELVIS
06-07-2013, 08:34 AM
Yeah, make light of the spy grid, sheep...

:rolleyes:

Nickdfresh
06-07-2013, 10:31 PM
Yeah, make light of the spy grid, sheep...

:rolleyes:

The funny thing about idiots like you is that you think the guber'mint can somehow fake or create mass shootings to justify ineffectual gun control they never seem to enact anyways when they can't keep this stuff secret...

Nickdfresh
06-07-2013, 10:41 PM
I think this is complete bullshit, BTW. It would be nice if some Democrats (afraid to look weak on terrorism - eeeegh gads no!) and Republicans (need to suck Obama's cock on this because then they would have to explain why they sucked Bush's cock all these years if they actually made a stand for civil liberties). WTF? Whatever happened to the Fourth Amendment? Since when does the gov't get to just collect reams of data for the sake of looking for a few patterns that would much more effectively be dealt with via HUMINT.

I have no problem with the NSA monitoring foreign communications, but U.S. citizens should be off limits without a specific warrant...

ELVIS
06-07-2013, 11:32 PM
U.S. citizens should be off limits without a specific warrant...

That's right, due process...

Seems we're past that thanks to Obomba...

And keep the "but Bush" comments to yourself...

I'm aware it started with 9/11 under Bush, false flag or not...

Who cares who started it, we have a problem now that has to be stopped...

Satan
06-08-2013, 12:27 AM
On the other horn, you could turn the tables on the fucking bastards......

https://www.commondreams.org/further/2013/06/07-0

Dr. Love
06-08-2013, 02:42 AM
And with all that data, somehow they weren't able to identify and stop the boston bombers.

I'm glad we're trading our freedom for increased security.

Nickdfresh
06-08-2013, 07:54 AM
That's right, due process...

Seems we're past that thanks to Obomba...

And keep the "but Bush" comments to yourself...

I'm aware it started with 9/11 under Bush, false flag or not...

Who cares who started it, we have a problem now that has to be stopped...

"Obama?" Gee, but what about McCarthy and Boner sucking his balls on this issue despite the fact they'd LOVE to trip up Obama every chance they get on issues - fantasy ones and real ones?

The real issue here isn't Obama or Bush, it's that the unPatriot Act needs serious revisions and that people in general need to not be such fucking scardy cats every time someone utters "terrorism" or "al Qaida." Let's assume that the Boston Bombing wasn't a "false flag" (actually, the correct term would be "agent provocateur", but Alex Jones is an incompetent dummy - neither here nor there).

Three (or was it four) people died and a bunch of other people suffered wounds of varying degrees of horror in that attack. But I wonder how many people died in traffic accidents and crimes that week in the Boston area?

Nickdfresh
06-08-2013, 08:06 AM
And with all that data, somehow they weren't able to identify and stop the boston bombers.

I'm glad we're trading our freedom for increased security.

Right! Exactly!! I oppose this bullshit not just on Libertarian and civil liberties' grounds, but on the grounds that all they're doing is swamping themselves with massive amounts of data that cannot be effectively "mined" for any practicable benefit, even with their massive supercomputers in the desert. I think I heard the claim that they stopped a NYC subway bombing, but it sounded like dubious bullshit to me and they could have just as easily stopped it by focusing in on the guys who were chatting with foreign jihadists rather than collecting phone numbers of who Roger and Jane have called and received calls from. What fucking good is that? You investigate people under suspicion. You don't find suspicious people by investigating everybody because then you're off on bullshit, Quixotic Easter egg hunts...

ELVIS
06-08-2013, 09:02 AM
The data mining is for us, dumdum...

Satan
06-08-2013, 02:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U78aW6FwkS8

Satan
06-08-2013, 03:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK5fM7VV1ug

ELVIS
06-08-2013, 08:12 PM
Some "change" Obomba brought, eh ??

Satan
06-08-2013, 08:16 PM
Well, there's a reason he did not carry the Demoncratic Party of Hell's endorsement in the 2012 election. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d085.gif

ELVIS
06-08-2013, 08:21 PM
That's scary shit...

He's just standing there telling how it's "legal" to spy on everyone and then goes on to further justify it by saying it started in 2006 under Bush...

Incredible...

Nickdfresh
06-08-2013, 10:03 PM
Meanwhile the Chinese are hacking the fuck out of us and eating our Moo Goo Gai Pan lunch!

ELVIS
06-09-2013, 11:52 AM
(Reuters) (http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/08/us-usa-security-leaks-idUSBRE95700K20130608) - President Barack Obama's administration is likely to open a criminal investigation into the leaking of highly classified documents that revealed the secret surveillance of Americans' telephone and email traffic, U.S. officials said on Friday.

The law enforcement and security officials, who were not authorized to speak publicly, said the agencies that normally conduct such investigations, including the FBI and Justice Department, were expecting a probe into the leaks to a British and an American newspaper.

Such investigations typically begin after an agency that believes its secrets have been leaked without authorization files a complaint with the Justice Department.

It was unclear on Friday whether a complaint had been submitted by the publicity-shy National Security Agency, which was most directly involved in the collection of trillions of telephone and email communications.

However, one U.S. official with knowledge of the situation said that given the extent and sensitivity of the recent leaks, federal law may compel officials to open an investigation.

A criminal probe would represent another turn in the Obama administration's battle against national security leaks. This effort has been under scrutiny lately because of a Justice Department investigation that has involved searches of the phone records of Associated Press journalists and a Fox News reporter.

Leaks to media outlets this week have revealed a government campaign of domestic surveillance going far beyond anything that had been acknowledged previously.

Late on Wednesday, Britain's Guardian newspaper published what U.S. officials later acknowledged was an order, approved by the secretive U.S. Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court, requiring a subsidiary of Verizon Communications to give the NSA raw data showing phone calls made from numbers within the United States and from U.S. numbers to those overseas.

The data did not include the identities of people who made the calls or the contents of the calls.

On Thursday, the Guardian and the Washington Post published slides from a secret NSA powerpoint presentation that described how the agency gathered masses of email data from prominent Internet firms, including Google, Facebook and Apple under a Top-Secret program called PRISM.

Some of the companies denied that the NSA and FBI had "direct access" to their central servers, as the Post reported.

On Friday, for example, Facebook founder and Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg said his company "is not and has never been part of any program to give the U.S. or any other government direct access to our servers."

"We have never received a blanket request or court order from any government agency asking for information or metadata in bulk, like the one Verizon reportedly received," Zuckerberg said. "And if we did, we would fight it aggressively. We hadn't even heard of PRISM" before Thursday, he said.

James Clapper, the director of U.S. national intelligence, condemned the leaks and asserted that the news articles about PRISM contained "numerous inaccuracies."

WIKILEAKS

Journalists involved in The Guardian and Washington Post articles have reported in depth on WikiLeaks, the website known for publishing secret U.S. government documents.

The Post report on the PRISM program was co-written by Laura Poitras, a filmmaker who has been working on a documentary on WikiLeaks, with the cooperation of its founder Julian Assange, and who last year made a short film about Bill Binney, a former NSA employee who became a whistleblowing critic of the agency.

Last year, the web magazine Salon published a lengthy article by the author of the Guardian report, Glenn Greenwald, accusing U.S. authorities of harassing Poitras when she left and re-entered the United States. Greenwald also has written frequently about Assange.

The Guardian and Post stories appeared in the same week that U.S. Army Private First Class Bradley Manning went on trial in Maryland accused of leaking hundreds of thousands of classified documents to WikiLeaks.

In an email to Reuters on Friday, Poitras rejected the notion that the trial had any impact on the timing of her story.

"I am fully aware we are living in a political climate where national security reporting is being targeted by the government, however, I don't think fear should stop us from reporting these stories," Poitras wrote.

"To suggest that the timing of the NSA PRISM story is linked in any way to other events or stories I'm following is simply wrong. Like any journalist, I have many contacts and follow multiple stories."

Kris Coratti, a Washington Post spokeswoman, said the timing of the paper's publication of Poitras' story had nothing to do with Manning's trial and that Assange had played no role in arranging or encouraging the story.

Nickdfresh
06-09-2013, 04:09 PM
Edward Snowden identified as source of NSA leaks
By Barton Gellman and Aaron Blake, Updated: Sunday, June 9, 4:00 PM

Edward Snowden, a 29-year-old former undercover CIA employee, unmasked himself Sunday as the principal source of recent Washington Post and Guardian disclosures about top-secret National Security Agency programs.

Snowden, who has contracted for the NSA and works for the consulting firm Booze Allen Hamilton, denounced what he described as systematic surveillance of innocent citizens and said in an interview that “it’s important to send a message to government that people will not be intimidated.”

Director of National Intelligence James R. Clapper Jr. said Saturday that the NSA had initiated a Justice Department investigation into who leaked the information — an investigation supported by intelligence officials in Congress.

Snowden, whose full name is Edward Joseph Snowden, said he understands the risks of disclosing the information, but that he felt it was important.

“I intend to ask for asylum from any countries that believe in free speech and oppose the victimization of global privacy,” Snowden told the Post from Hong Kong, where he has been staying. The Guardian was the first to publicly identify Snowden. Both media organizations made his name public with his consent.

“I’m not going to hide,” Snowden said Sunday afternoon. “Allowing the U.S. government to intimidate its people with threats of retaliation for revealing wrongdoing is contrary to the public interest.”

Asked whether he believed his disclosures would change anything, he said: “I think they already have. Everyone, everywhere now understands how bad things have gotten— and they’re talking about it. They have the power to decide for themselves whether they are willing to sacrifice their privacy to the surveillance state.”

Snowden said nobody was aware of his actions, including those closest to him. He said there wasn’t a single event that spurred his decision to leak the information.

“It was more of a slow realization that presidents could openly lie to secure the office and then break public promises without consequence,” he said.

Snowden said President Obama hasn’t lived up to his pledges of transparency. He blamed a lack of accountability in the Bush administration for continued abuses. The White House could not immediately be reached for comment Sunday afternoon.

“It set an example that when powerful figures are suspected of wrongdoing, releasing them from the accountability of law is ‘for our own good,’” Snowden said. “That’s corrosive to the basic fairness of society.”

Snowden also expressed the hope that the NSA surveillance programs would now be open to legal challenge for the first time. Earlier this year, in Amnesty International v. Clapper, the Supreme Court dismissed a lawsuit against the mass collection of phone records because the plaintiffs could not prove exactly what the program did or that they were personally subject to surveillance.

“The government can’t reasonably assert the state secrets privilege for a program it has acknowledged. The courts can now allow challenges to be heard on that basis,” Snowden said.

Snowden’s name surfaced as top intelligence officials in the Obama administration and Congress pushed back against the journalists responsible for revealing the existence of sensitive surveillance programs and called for an investigation into the leaks.

The Guardian initially reported the existence of a program that collects data on all phone calls made on the Verizon network. Later in the week, the Guardian and The Washington Post reported the existence of a separate program, code-named PRISM, that collects the Internet data of foreigners from major Internet companies.

Clapper, in an interview with NBC, targeted the leaker but also sought to spotlight the media who first reported the programs, calling their disclosures irresponsible and full of “hyperbole.” Earlier Saturday, he had issued a statement accusing the media of a “rush to publish.”

“For me, it is literally — not figuratively — literally gut-wrenching to see this happen because of the huge, grave damage it does to our intelligence capabilities,” Clapper said.

On Sunday morning, Clapper got some backup from the chairs of the House and Senate intelligence committees, who appeared jointly on ABC’s “This Week” to espouse the values of the programs.

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Mike Rogers (R-Mich.) had harsh words for whoever is responsible for the leaks, and for the journalist who first reported the NSA’s collection of phone records, the Guardian’s Glenn Greenwald.

“He doesn’t have a clue how this thing works; nether did the person who released just enough information to literally be dangerous,” Rogers said, adding, “I absolutely think [the leaker] should be prosecuted.”

Greenwald, who appeared earlier on the same show, said the secrecy is the reason the programs must be laid bare.

Senate Intelligence Committee Chairwoman Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) agreed that whoever leaked the information should be prosecuted, and she sought to beat back media reports that suggest the Obama administration overplayed the impact of the programs.

After opponents of the programs questioned their value last week, anonymous administration officials pointed to the thwarting of a bomb plot targeting the New York City subway system in 2009. Soon after, though, reporters, including BuzzFeed’s Ben Smith, noted that public documents suggested regular police work was responsible for thwarting the attack rather than a secret government intelligence program.

Feinstein confirmed that the programs were invaluable in both the New York case and another one involving an American plotting to bomb a hotel in India in 2008.

“One of them is the case of David Headley, who went to Mumbai to the Taj [Mahal] Hotel and scoped it out for the terrorist attack,” Feinstein said. “The second is Najibullah Zazi, who lived in Colorado, who made the decision that he was going to blow up a New York subway.”

Feinstein noted that she could talk about those two cases because they have been declassified, but she suggested the surveillance programs also assisted in other terrorism-related cases.

That explanation wasn’t enough to satisfy some critics of the programs. Her Senate Intelligence Committee colleague, Sen. Mark Udall (D-Colo.), agreed that the so-called PRISM program — which taps into the Internet usage of foreigners — has “been very effective.” But he said the collection of Americans’ phone metadata has not proven so.

“It’s unclear to me that we’ve developed any intelligence through the metadata program that’s led to the disruption of plots that we couldn’t obtain through other programs,” Udall said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union.”

Udall and two Democrats from Oregon — Sens. Ron Wyden and Jeff Merkley — have emerged as key voices critical of the phone record collection.

Another chief critic of the efforts, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), said he is looking at filing a lawsuit against the government and called on Americans to join in.

“I’m going to be asking all the Internet providers and all of the phone companies, ask your customers to join me in a class action lawsuit,” Paul said on “Fox News Sunday.” “If we get 10 million Americans saying we don’t want our phone records looked at, then somebody will wake up and say things will change in Washington.

© The Washington Post Company (http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/intelligence-leaders-push-back-on-leakers-media/2013/06/09/fff80160-d122-11e2-a73e-826d299ff459_story.html)

Dr. Love
06-09-2013, 05:08 PM
The most transparent presidency ever

ELVIS
06-09-2013, 05:39 PM
Committed to total transparency...

Hardrock69
06-09-2013, 08:11 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/zy9bt0.png

Satan
06-09-2013, 08:36 PM
Yep.....

While a Devil certainly does not endorse Obama doing anything like this, the fact is that he's done nothing that Chimpy hadn't already done before. And not a single right winger objected then, from my Most Unholy memory.

The Constitution has no skin color or political affiliation. Those who violate it deserve condemnation for doing so equally.

And eternal damnation, as well, but that's my department...... http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d010.gif

ELVIS
06-09-2013, 11:25 PM
the fact is that he's done nothing that Chimpy hadn't already done before.

That's fucking bullshit you hypocrite...

NADD

NSA Spying

Obama if far worse than Bush in favoring the super elite...

Obama is in bed with Monsanto...

You're full of shit, FORD...

Satan
06-09-2013, 11:38 PM
So Chimpy didn't favor the "super elite"???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn4daYJzyls

BTW, isn't that one of the KKKochs sitting behind half assed monkey boy?

Satan
06-09-2013, 11:43 PM
Poppy Bush gave his personal blessings to Round up ready FrankenFood, and deregulated Monsanto so they could do it.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCer5NmEw5U

Satan
06-09-2013, 11:49 PM
Chimpy defends the BCE spying on American citizens......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAvFMuZPwWA

Nitro Express
06-10-2013, 04:16 AM
http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/09/bush-obama-war-on-terror/

Obama is more like the Bush's than people would care to admit. The war on terror marches on while we lose more freedoms here.

Satan
06-10-2013, 07:51 PM
So it's Booz Allen Hamilton who is involved in all this data collection?

I'll give you mortals 666 guesses who owns Booz Allen Hamilton.... and the first 665 don't count....

Go on......... guess.

ELVIS
06-11-2013, 09:40 AM
Link! (http://www.infowars.com/27-edward-snowden-quotes-about-u-s-government-spying-that-should-send-a-chill-up-your-spine/)

Would you be willing to give up what Edward Snowden has given up? He has given up his high paying job, his home, his girlfriend, his family, his future and his freedom just to expose the monolithic spy machinery that the U.S. government has been secretly building to the world. He says that he does not want to live in a world where there isn’t any privacy. He says that he does not want to live in a world where everything that he says and does is recorded. Thanks to Snowden, we now know that the U.S. government has been spying on us to a degree that most people would have never even dared to imagine. Up until now, the general public has known very little about the U.S. government spy grid that knows almost everything about us.

But making this information public is going to cost Edward Snowden everything. Essentially, his previous life is now totally over. And if the U.S. government gets their hands on him, he will be very fortunate if he only has to spend the next several decades rotting in some horrible prison somewhere. There is a reason why government whistleblowers are so rare. And most Americans are so apathetic that they wouldn’t even give up watching their favorite television show for a single evening to do something good for society. Most Americans never even try to make a difference because they do not believe that it will benefit them personally. Meanwhile, our society continues to fall apart all around us. Hopefully the great sacrifice that Edward Snowden has made will not be in vain. Hopefully people will carefully consider what he has tried to share with the world. The following are 27 quotes from Edward Snowden about U.S. government spying that should send a chill up your spine…

#1 “The majority of people in developed countries spend at least some time interacting with the Internet, and Governments are abusing that necessity in secret to extend their powers beyond what is necessary and appropriate.”

#2 “…I believe that at this point in history, the greatest danger to our freedom and way of life comes from the reasonable fear of omniscient State powers kept in check by nothing more than policy documents.”

#3 “The government has granted itself power it is not entitled to. There is no public oversight. The result is people like myself have the latitude to go further than they are allowed to.”

#4 “…I can’t in good conscience allow the US government to destroy privacy, internet freedom and basic liberties for people around the world with this massive surveillance machine they’re secretly building.”

#5 “The NSA has built an infrastructure that allows it to intercept almost everything.”

#6 “With this capability, the vast majority of human communications are automatically ingested without targeting. If I wanted to see your e-mails or your wife’s phone, all I have to do is use intercepts. I can get your e-mails, passwords, phone records, credit cards.”

#7 “Any analyst at any time can target anyone. Any selector, anywhere… I, sitting at my desk, certainly had the authorities to wiretap anyone, from you or your accountant, to a federal judge, to even the President…”

#8 “To do that, the NSA specifically targets the communications of everyone. It ingests them by default. It collects them in its system and it filters them and it analyzes them and it measures them and it stores them for periods of time simply because that’s the easiest, most efficient and most valuable way to achieve these ends. So while they may be intending to target someone associated with a foreign government, or someone that they suspect of terrorism, they are collecting YOUR communications to do so.”

#9 “I believe that when [senator Ron] Wyden and [senator Mark] Udall asked about the scale of this, they [the NSA] said it did not have the tools to provide an answer. We do have the tools and I have maps showing where people have been scrutinized most. We collect more digital communications from America than we do from the Russians.”

#10 “…they are intent on making every conversation and every form of behavior in the world known to them.”

#11 “Even if you’re not doing anything wrong, you’re being watched and recorded. …it’s getting to the point where you don’t have to have done anything wrong, you simply have to eventually fall under suspicion from somebody, even by a wrong call, and then they can use this system to go back in time and scrutinize every decision you’ve ever made, every friend you’ve ever discussed something with, and attack you on that basis, to sort of derive suspicion from an innocent life.”

#12 “Allowing the U.S. government to intimidate its people with threats of retaliation for revealing wrongdoing is contrary to the public interest.”

#13 “Everyone everywhere now understands how bad things have gotten — and they’re talking about it. They have the power to decide for themselves whether they are willing to sacrifice their privacy to the surveillance state.”

#14 “I do not want to live in a world where everything I do and say is recorded. That is not something I am willing to support or live under.”

#15 “I don’t want to live in a world where there’s no privacy, and therefore no room for intellectual exploration and creativity.”

#16 “I have no intention of hiding who I am because I know I have done nothing wrong.”

#17 “I had been looking for leaders, but I realized that leadership is about being the first to act.”

#18 “There are more important things than money. If I were motivated by money, I could have sold these documents to any number of countries and gotten very rich.”

#19 “The great fear that I have regarding the outcome for America of these disclosures is that nothing will change. [People] won’t be willing to take the risks necessary to stand up and fight to change things… And in the months ahead, the years ahead, it’s only going to get worse. [The NSA will] say that… because of the crisis, the dangers that we face in the world, some new and unpredicted threat, we need more authority, we need more power, and there will be nothing the people can do at that point to oppose it. And it will be turnkey tyranny.”

#20 “I will be satisfied if the federation of secret law, unequal pardon and irresistible executive powers that rule the world that I love are revealed even for an instant.”

#21 “You can’t come up against the world’s most powerful intelligence agencies and not accept the risk.”

#22 “I know the media likes to personalize political debates, and I know the government will demonize me.”

#23 “We have got a CIA station just up the road – the consulate here in Hong Kong – and I am sure they are going to be busy for the next week. And that is a concern I will live with for the rest of my life, however long that happens to be.”

#24 “I understand that I will be made to suffer for my actions, and that the return of this information to the public marks my end.”

#25 “There’s no saving me.”

#26 “The only thing I fear is the harmful effects on my family, who I won’t be able to help any more. That’s what keeps me up at night.”

#27 “I do not expect to see home again.”

Would you make the same choice that Edward Snowden made? Most Americans would not. One CNN reporter says that he really admires Snowden because he has tried to get insiders to come forward with details about government spying for years, but none of them were ever willing to…

As a digital technology writer, I have had more than one former student and colleague tell me about digital switchers they have serviced through which calls and data are diverted to government servers or the big data algorithms they’ve written to be used on our e-mails by intelligence agencies. I always begged them to write about it or to let me do so while protecting their identities. They refused to come forward and believed my efforts to shield them would be futile. “I don’t want to lose my security clearance. Or my freedom,” one told me.

And if the U.S. government has anything to say about it, Snowden is most definitely going to pay for what he has done. In fact, according to the Daily Beast, a directorate known as “the Q Group” is already hunting Snowden down…

The people who began chasing Snowden work for the Associate Directorate for Security and Counterintelligence, according to former U.S. intelligence officers who spoke on condition of anonymity. The directorate, sometimes known as “the Q Group,” is continuing to track Snowden now that he’s outed himself as The Guardian’s source, according to the intelligence officers.

If Snowden is not already under the protection of some foreign government (such as China), it will just be a matter of time before U.S. government agents get him.

And how will they treat him once they find him? Well, one reporter overheard a group of U.S. intelligence officials talking about how Edward Snowden should be “disappeared”. The following is from a Daily Mail article that was posted on Monday…

A group of intelligence officials were overheard yesterday discussing how the National Security Agency worker who leaked sensitive documents to a reporter last week should be ‘disappeared.’

Foreign policy analyst and editor at large of The Atlantic, Steve Clemons, tweeted about the ‘disturbing’ conversation after listening in to four men who were sitting near him as he waited for a flight at Washington’s Dulles airport.

‘In Dulles UAL lounge listening to 4 US intel officials saying loudly leaker & reporter on #NSA stuff should be disappeared recorded a bit,’ he tweeted at 8:42 a.m. on Saturday.

According to Clemons, the men had been attending an event hosted by the Intelligence and National Security Alliance.

As an American, I am deeply disturbed that the U.S. government is embarrassing itself in front of the rest of the world like this.

The fact that we are collecting trillions of pieces of information on people all over the planet is a massive embarrassment and the fact that our politicians are defending this practice now that it has been exposed is a massive embarrassment.

If the U.S. government continues to act like a Big Brother police state, then the rest of the world will eventually conclude that is exactly what we are. At that point we become the “bad guy” and we lose all credibility with the rest of the planet.

ELVIS
06-12-2013, 10:22 AM

ELVIS
06-13-2013, 08:44 AM
You know what ??

I'm gonna go ahead and say this Snowden whistleblower shit is staged...

And no, I didn't get that from Alex Jones, he thinks it's real...

I think it's fake...

How does a High School dropout (who's had CIA connections) land a high security $350,000 gig...

Answer, they don't...

It's staged...

Satan
06-13-2013, 01:46 PM
I think you answered your own question there....

He had CIA connections. You know who owns Booz Allen Hamilton, right?

Satan
06-13-2013, 02:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=episodic&NR=1&v=8zB0UIS5wjQ

ELVIS
06-14-2013, 01:45 AM
He had CIA connections. You know who owns Booz Allen Hamilton, right?

The Carlyle Group bought the government contracting firm sometime around 2008...

So what's your spin ??

Satan
06-14-2013, 01:54 AM
The Carlyle Group bought the government contracting firm sometime around 2008...

So what's your spin ??

You DO remember who the Carlyle Group is, right?

Basically the "corporate acquisitions" branch of the Bush Criminal Empire (with occasional contributions from Saudi Royals and the Bin Laden family).

Just the guys you want prying into your private life, right?

ELVIS
06-14-2013, 02:06 AM
Dude, the Government is huge...bloated...out of control...

The BCE seems to me to be the right wing cutout of the globalist sector...(only seen with far left FORD goggles)

But the way I see it, there is no left/right that high up in the globalist food chain...

They want to slaughter everyone...

Kristy
07-05-2013, 08:58 PM
Sexy NSA Commercial With Sasha Grey from Sasha Grey