PDA

View Full Version : Sesh or Ozzy?

Von Halen
06-11-2013, 01:40 PM
I can't understand either of these two drunken bastards.

envy_me
06-11-2013, 01:51 PM
Stop hanging out with thugs like Sesh :biggrin:

Angel
06-11-2013, 01:52 PM

:lmao:

envy_me
06-11-2013, 01:54 PM
Hey Sesh, one of my favorite bands is from Scotland. Del Amitri. Do you know them?

vandeleur
06-11-2013, 02:36 PM
Eh one of them is a washed up has been who has released a cd no one wants to hear and the other is married to Sharon Osborne :biggrin:

vandeleur
06-11-2013, 02:42 PM
Hey Sesh, one of my favorite bands is from Scotland. Del Amitri. Do you know them?

He must know them he is Scottish :D

envy_me
06-11-2013, 02:51 PM
He must know them he is Scottish :D

:lmao: Right!!! My thoughts exactly :D

Seshmeister
06-11-2013, 06:38 PM
Eh one of them is a washed up has been who has released a cd no one wants to hear and the other is married to Sharon Osborne :biggrin:

Fuck You! :)

Seshmeister
06-11-2013, 06:48 PM
I think the most annoying thing about this thread isn't that Von who is insular even for a hillbilly and hasn't even been abroad in his half century on this Earth felt he was qualified to understand anyone.

No it's the fact he didn't even put this thread in the fucking music forum!

Von Halen
06-11-2013, 08:33 PM
I think the most annoying thing about this thread isn't that Von who is insular even for a hillbilly and hasn't even been abroad in his half century on this Earth felt he was qualified to understand anyone.

Take it back Sesh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seshmeister
06-11-2013, 08:36 PM
Have you even got a passport yet? :)

Nickdfresh
06-11-2013, 08:48 PM
I doubt he has an enhanced license...

ELVIS
06-11-2013, 09:15 PM

And Ozzy can't even type...

ELVIS
06-11-2013, 09:17 PM

That's like asking someone who lives in Manhattan if they know Bill...

ELVIS
06-11-2013, 09:18 PM
No it's the fact he didn't even put this thread in the fucking music forum!

What music ??

Von Halen
06-11-2013, 10:18 PM
Have you even got a passport yet? :)

Yes fucker, I have a passport!

ELVIS
06-11-2013, 10:34 PM
Does it have stripes ??

envy_me
06-12-2013, 01:44 AM

Glasgow isn't exactly New York...

Seshmeister
06-12-2013, 05:01 AM
No it's more like a mixture between Boston and Detroit.

It looks quite like an East coast US city as it's a grid system, so much so that they shot the World War Z movie there playing the part of Philadelphia.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/6d/WorldWarZGlasgowOB%26SWATVehicles.jpg/800px-WorldWarZGlasgowOB%26SWATVehicles.jpg

They needed 2000 zombie extras and 3000 turned up.

The SM asked me to pick her up in the car right in the middle of the city while this was going on. All the stop signs and road signs were Philly ones, half the city center was cordoned off, there was fire and rubble, burning cars and extras everywhere.

When I finally got through to her she was standing under a huge US flag at the building being used for City Hall.

She got in the car and said 'What took so long?'.

'The fucking movie, why did you ask me in today?'

'What movie...?'

Unbelievable.

vandeleur
06-12-2013, 05:44 AM
Have not seen the film , tho enjoyed the book . When I saw on the news they were filming it in Glasgow I was like how the fuck they gonna do that .
I've been to Glasgow a few times , once for work and a couple of piss ups. Fuck I actually played here a couple of times to.
It reminds me of Liverpool , probably stating the obvious here but the city center has that old grand building architecture you get in Newcastle and Liverpool , these old industrial cities .
Though Sesh you may be aware of this being as you actually live there :)

VHscraps
06-12-2013, 05:54 AM
Glasgow isn't exactly New York...

This is true - although, it has played New York in several movies (as well as Philly, as Sesh said).

The West of the City Centre is actually more like San Francisco, very hilly - which is why it has also played ... San Francisco. In a couple of movies, but this is Cloud Atlas.

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6167/6154061944_b05e2507c4_b.jpg

envy_me
06-12-2013, 06:47 AM
I meant when it comes to size. The chances are bigger that somebody is gonna know somebody in a small city then in a big city.

twonabomber
06-12-2013, 08:31 AM

One of the local stations played the shit out of Last To Know, or whatever it was called.

The Sensational Alex Harvey Band was big here in Cleveland. WMMS played them all the time.

I can't tell you how many times one of my immigrant callers at Progressive asked if I knew Drew Carey. They'd find out we were based near Cleveland and that was one of the next questions.

envy_me
06-12-2013, 08:40 AM
You should hear Some other suckers parade, Roll to me, Not where it's at, Driving with the breaks on, This side of the morning, Be my downfall, etc...

DLR Bridge
06-12-2013, 09:07 AM
One of the local stations played the shit out of Last To Know, or whatever it was called.

That's department store music. Every time I'm trapped in a Macy's or Nordstrom's and I'm complaining just as much as my kids to get the hell out of the store, Last To Know or Roll To Me is usually playing.

Seshmeister
06-12-2013, 09:09 AM
Never ran into Del Amitri, not my taste. :)

Surprisingly few rock bands have been successful out of Glasgow considering how many have tried.

Someone wrote a book about it recently and my band got a few paragraphs so that shows you the paucity... :)

Nazareth, Gun, The Almighty, Texas, Alex Harvey, Simple Minds and then I'm starting to struggle. Do Franz Ferdinand count?

The local Indie bands seem to have done better over the years.

envy_me
06-12-2013, 09:14 AM
What kind of music do you play? Do you have any songs you can post?

Seshmeister
06-12-2013, 09:22 AM
That's department store music. Every time I'm trapped in a Macy's or Nordstrom's and I'm complaining just as much as my kids to get the hell out of the store, Last To Know or Roll To Me is usually playing.

I would classify Del Amitri as White Soul which has been the mainstream music in the UK for the last 30 years or so IMHO and not helped by all the TV talent contests. It's just about the least interesting form of music you can get, I ignore it. It's not even interesting enough to dislike - it's nothing to me, background noise.

I did heard Rainbow in a UK Wal Mart(ASDA) once which was kind of bizarre.

ELVIS
06-12-2013, 09:29 AM
I meant when it comes to size. The chances are bigger that somebody is gonna know somebody in a small city then in a big city.

I would think Glasgow is easily comparable to one of the major boroughs of New York...

Seshmeister
06-12-2013, 09:31 AM
What kind of music do you play? Do you have any songs you can post?

http://tinyurl.com/poc5xp5

Von Halen
06-12-2013, 09:31 AM
Look at Sesh. Using "insular" and "paucity" in the same thread! :brainiac: :D

ELVIS
06-12-2013, 09:40 AM
Look at Sesh. Using "insular" and "paucity" in the same thread! :brainiac: :D

That's impressive ??

Seshmeister
06-12-2013, 09:44 AM
I think he means compared to Ozzy... :)

Angel
06-12-2013, 09:46 AM
I can't tell you how many times one of my immigrant callers at Progressive asked if I knew Drew Carey. They'd find out we were based near Cleveland and that was one of the next questions.

Haha. Hell, I once had someone ask me if I knew Joe from Toronto when they heard I was from Canada. :rolleyes:

Von Halen
06-12-2013, 09:47 AM
That's impressive ??

And he spelled them correctly Elvis...:thumb:

vandeleur
06-12-2013, 09:48 AM
Ozzy has used many big words in the past , usually the ones Geezer wrote down for him :D

ELVIS
06-12-2013, 09:48 AM
I think he means compared to Ozzy... :)

FUCK YOU MOTHERFUCKER !!!!!!!!!

OZZY can read BIG words...

I saw him do it once...

envy_me
06-12-2013, 09:49 AM
I would classify Del Amitri as White Soul which has been the mainstream music in the UK for the last 30 years or so IMHO and not helped by all the TV talent contests. It's just about the least interesting form of music you can get, I ignore it. It's not even interesting enough to dislike - it's nothing to me, background noise.

I did heard Rainbow in a UK Wal Mart(ASDA) once which was kind of bizarre.

Shut up!! They are good! :D

In every genre there are songs I like and there are songs I don't like.

ELVIS
06-12-2013, 09:50 AM
Ozzy has used many big words in the past :D

More PROOF !!

ELVIS
06-12-2013, 09:51 AM
And he spelled them correctly Elvis...:thumb:

I can turn spell check on too...;)

DLR Bridge

Yep. Not unlike the Rembrandts, with gems like Just The Way It Is Baby and that annoying song from Friends.
How background reaches the foreground every now and then, I'll never know.

vandeleur
E stop thanking me you will get me a bad name :biggrin:

ELVIS
06-12-2013, 09:53 AM
I always thank TROOTH !!!

envy_me
06-12-2013, 09:55 AM
http://tinyurl.com/poc5xp5

There is no doubt that it's rock! It's heavy. I like it, I like the melody. The sound remindes me of something, I just can't put my finger on what. Maybe some of the songs on Sex and Religion.
I like it.

ELVIS
06-12-2013, 09:58 AM
Does it make you think about tampons ??

envy_me
06-12-2013, 10:00 AM
Does it make you think about tampons ??

No. But your attempts of being funny make me think about tampons. Used ones.

VHscraps
06-12-2013, 10:21 AM

Surprisingly few hard rock bands have been successful out of Glasgow considering.

Someone wrote a book about it recently and my band got a few paragraphs so that shows you the paucity... :)

Nazareth, Gun, The Almighty, Texas, Alex Harvey, Simple Minds and then I'm starting to struggle. Do Franz Ferdinand count

The local Indie bands seem to have done better over the years.

Er, Heavy Pettin' ...

Oh, Lord - don't tell me that was your band, Sesh!? I saw them opening for somebody - probably Ozzy.

In the 70s Stone the Crows / Maggie Bell were signed to Zeppelin's Swan Song label, but I never rated them.

Seshmeister
06-12-2013, 10:30 AM
Ah forgot about Heavy Pettin' they were great. :)

I knew some of those guys and had a bit of a mad drinking night with one of them back in the day. I'm a little younger.

I think in hindsight their singer held them back a bit, his voice was a little bit annoying. They did a couple of big support tours in the US one with RATT I think.

ELVIS
06-12-2013, 10:52 AM
heavy pettin' ??

:rolleyes:

Seshmeister
06-12-2013, 10:53 AM
You had to be there.

VHscraps
06-12-2013, 11:04 AM
Yeah, and then there was the Eurovision fiasco ...

Back in the mid-80s I used to drink in a bar on Bath St that was below street level - every Sunday night they had some guy playing rawk records. Can't remember the name of the bar ... just looked up google maps street view. Seems to now be an orange fronted shop called 'Retrospect'.

You ever frequent that place, Sesh? This was before the Solid and the Cathouse etc.

vandeleur
06-12-2013, 11:07 AM
We played somewhere called Maggie Mays :-/ possibly . Something like that . Weird trendy ish up stairs rock bar downstairs .

VHscraps
06-12-2013, 11:11 AM
heavy pettin' ??

:rolleyes:

Named after a UFO album - bad name, I know ... Sesh was probably in a band with a more conventional moniker, like "Glasgow" ... (presumably named after Boston - which takes us right back to Glasgow looking a bit like Boston±)

VHscraps
06-12-2013, 11:14 AM
We played somewhere called Maggie Mays :-/ possibly . Something like that . Weird trendy ish up stairs rock bar downstairs .

was that recently? I think there's a rock bar by that name near the Trongate - I've been living in England for years, so it's all becoming a bit blurry.

vandeleur
06-12-2013, 11:25 AM
it will be at least 5 years ago I think , these shitty gigs blur into one another . A deserted bar in camden is the same as a deserted bar in licoln by the end lol

envy_me
06-12-2013, 11:44 AM
Yep. Not unlike the Rembrandts, with gems like Just The Way It Is Baby and that annoying song from Friends.
How background reaches the foreground every now and then, I'll never know.

I think all those can go under the category pop. Pop is really an umbrella category where you can find anything from Beatles to more shitty stuff.

I HATE that friends song by the way. When I was in my teens my favorite song was Friends which made ALL my friends ask me "the one from the show??" NO you moron, Joe Satch Friends! HUGE difference. Always made me annoyed.

Seshmeister
06-12-2013, 12:13 PM

It's still there.

Seshmeister
06-12-2013, 12:19 PM
Named after a UFO album - bad name, I know ... Sesh was probably in a band with a more conventional moniker, like "Glasgow" ... (presumably named after Boston - which takes us right back to Glasgow looking a bit like Boston±)

The guitarist of Glasgow got convicted of killing someone recently - sad story.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-22295490

vandeleur
06-12-2013, 12:26 PM
This sounds spinal tapish , but it's kinda coming back to me a bit .
Not sure if you were gigging then or if you were involved in sorting band gigs out Etc .
But am sure one of the gigs was promoted by an English man called lefty and I swear to fuck he had one eye .
Not sure why that would stick in my mind lol .

Von Halen
06-12-2013, 12:29 PM
The guitarist of Glasgow got convicted of killing someone recently - sad story.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-22295490

I thought since you fags aren't responsible enough to own guns, you didn't have violent crime there?

Maybe they should ban cars too.

Seshmeister
06-12-2013, 12:31 PM
Yeah, and then there was the Eurovision fiasco ...

Back in the mid-80s I used to drink in a bar on Bath St that was below street level - every Sunday night they had some guy playing rawk records. Can't remember the name of the bar ... just looked up google maps street view. Seems to now be an orange fronted shop called 'Retrospect'.

You ever frequent that place, Sesh? This was before the Solid and the Cathouse etc.

You are a bit older than me so I think this was before my time which was more in the late 80s.

I think I drank in every even vaguely rock bar in Glasgow so I think it must have shut down by then. :)

VHscraps
06-12-2013, 12:36 PM
Right, so you are not him! Unless you are resting at Her Majesty's leisure with a laptop in your cell.

It can only mean, you were in some other band ... like Ch$s%r ...

Seshmeister
06-12-2013, 12:39 PM
I thought since you fags aren't responsible enough to own guns, you didn't have violent crime there?

Maybe they should ban cars too.

Glasgow has the second highest homicide rate in the whole of Europe.

Fuck knows what it would be like if we had guns too... :)

Von Halen
06-12-2013, 12:47 PM
Glasgow has the second highest homicide rate in the whole of Europe.

Fuck knows what it would be like if we had guns too... :)

Are there black Scottish people?

VHscraps
06-12-2013, 01:03 PM
There's not a large black population, certainly not Scots-born.

In university towns and the bigger cities it's fairly multicultural - UK, European, Asian - and if you go to St Andrews up on the East Coast during the University session you might think you are in New England 'cos the place is full of young Americans who are studying there (because it is 3rd choice after Oxford and Cambridge, or failure to get into Harvard etc).

It used to be the case that if you ventured into the old industrial heartlands south of Glasgow, where I grew up, it wasn't unknown to see Confederate flags flying / painted on cars etc.

envy_me
06-12-2013, 01:24 PM
Are Dire Straits Scottish? I think they are. I love them even more then Dimitri :D

When the other forum closed and I came here, I was considering to going to Mark Knopfler message board instead. But those people were so extremely nice and polite, I would have been the bad and the vulgar one at that board :biggrin: I wanna be the good one :D So I came here :lmao:

Plus some of those hags thought that MK was hot, which made me feel very unfomfortable.

envy_me
06-12-2013, 01:30 PM
There's not a large black population, certainly not Scots-born.

Imagine that dialect :biggrin: African dialetc meets scottish :D

Von Halen
06-12-2013, 01:39 PM
Imagine that dialect :biggrin: African dialetc meets scottish :D

Scottish ebonics.

It would probably be an improvement for Sesh's communication skills!

envy_me
06-12-2013, 01:45 PM
Scottish ebonics.

It would probably be an improvement for Sesh's communication skills!

Imagine sesh making african click sounds trying to explain to you what to do with the site :D

Angel
06-12-2013, 02:44 PM
I wanna be the good one :D So I came here :lmao:

That title will always belong to BLONDGIRL777, imo...Shoes is a close second...sorry to tell you, but I don't even think you're in the running.

Satan
06-12-2013, 03:08 PM
This is true - although, it has played New York in several movies (as well as Philly, as Sesh said).

The West of the City Centre is actually more like San Francisco, very hilly - which is why it has also played ... San Francisco. In a couple of movies, but this is Cloud Atlas.

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6167/6154061944_b05e2507c4_b.jpg

The difference there, of course, is that in San Francisco, the men only wear skirts on Castro street.

Seshmeister
06-12-2013, 05:15 PM
Are Dire Straits Scottish? I think they are. I love them even more then Dimitri :D

When the other forum closed and I came here, I was considering to going to Mark Knopfler message board instead. But those people were so extremely nice and polite, I would have been the bad and the vulgar one at that board :biggrin: I wanna be the good one :D So I came here :lmao:

Plus some of those hags thought that MK was hot, which made me feel very unfomfortable.

Mark Knopfler was born in Glasgow but I've never really thought of him as being very Scottish as his parents were foreign and he left when he was a teenager.

vandeleur
06-12-2013, 05:29 PM
i always thought he is kind of an adopted geordie ... local hero etc etc . even tho thats from a film about scotland.

but then I saw him in traditional weegie head gear

envy_me
06-12-2013, 05:40 PM
My dad has always been a big Dire Straits fan. These last few years he has become a huge fan of celtic traditional music and he says MK "borrowed" a whole lot from it.

vandeleur
06-12-2013, 05:42 PM
My dad has always been a big Dire Straits fan. These last few years he has become a huge fan of celtic traditional music and he says MK "borrowed" a whole lot from it.

It’s not where you take things from—it’s where you take them to.”
— Jean-Luc Godard

envy_me
06-12-2013, 05:44 PM
He still loves DS and MK but he just made a connection.

Nickdfresh
06-12-2013, 06:58 PM

Not really. There's only like four bands in Scotland currently active...

Nickdfresh
06-12-2013, 07:06 PM
What about those twin cunts that had that "I would walk 500 miles" hit back in the 90's? Why didn't Glasgow's guitarist murder them?

Satan
06-12-2013, 07:12 PM
What about those twin cunts that had that "I would walk 500 miles" hit back in the 90's? Why didn't Glasgow's guitarist murder them?

Maybe he did? Considering they were never heard from again after that.

Can't say I've seen them here in Hell, but then they were reportedly Christians (hence the band name "The Proclaimers") so odds are they wouldn't have come this direction anyway.

VHscraps
06-12-2013, 07:23 PM
It’s not where you take things from—it’s where you take them to.”
— Jean-Luc Godard

That's surely a first - Jean-Luc Godard quoted on these boards! Someone call Dave, or get a doctor for vandeleur.

Now I am wondering what the Frenchie sounding "vandeleur" could refer to ... a character in one of those chaotic movies by JLG ...

Seshmeister
06-12-2013, 08:12 PM
Maybe he did? Considering they were never heard from again after that.

Can't say I've seen them here in Hell, but then they were reportedly Christians (hence the band name "The Proclaimers") so odds are they wouldn't have come this direction anyway.

I never mentioned them because they are from a little Scottish village not Glasgow.

They have had some songs since 500 miles including quite a big song in the first Shrek movie in 2001.

They bugged me back in the day but as time has passed I actually have a wee soft spot for them now.

They aren't religious and even had a song against Born Again types.

"New Religion"

Evidence of a new religion
I'll spare you the details
Effluent from a bloated business
With replica shirt sales
Two for the kids, one for the wife
Indicating a stunted life
Didn't know gullibility was so rife?
Well you do know now?

Evidence of a new rligion
Some hippy with a gripe
Strikes a blow with his census form
By summoning Star Wars tripe
Here's a thing I'd love to say
Lynndie England walks free today
If she'll only agree to play
With every Jedi Knight

An Lo! My faith it was honed
We can't be alone
Don't say we're alone

Give me ancestry that's inbred
Give me wit that's completely dead
Give me a zip for the back of my head
I want to join in too

Evidence of a new religion
Meeting a human need
fertiliser for the brain
Feeding the weakest seeds

envy_me
06-13-2013, 05:08 AM

:lmao: People normally lose the accent when they sing, but not them.

Nickdfresh
06-14-2013, 06:10 AM
:lmao: People normally lose the accent when they sing, but not them.

You know it's funny, not an hour after I posted that I was driving and guess what song came on the radio right after I started the car - right! That 500 miles song...

I forgot it was in that Johnny Depp, Aidan Quinn movie...

Seshmeister
04-30-2014, 12:38 PM

Funny that half this thread is us telling envy_me she is an idiot.

A couple of weeks ago the SM bought me a jacket from a vintage shop and when I looked in the pocket there was an all areas pass belonging to... the singer of Del Amitri. :)