PDA

View Full Version : Target Stands Up to Frankenfood

FORD
06-18-2013, 05:10 PM
Target to Remove GMOs from Major Food Brand
Elizabeth Renter
Natural Society / News Report (http://www.nationofchange.org/target-remove-gmos-major-food-brand-1371568029#comments)
Published: Tuesday 18 June 2013

Super store giant, Target, has announced they will be adding a new brand to their shelves—one that is made with natural health in mind. Called Simply Balanced, the brand will be on shelves soon and will phase out genetically modified ingredients by the end of 2014.

According to a press release on the Target official website, the initial roll-out will include a selection of foods that are 40% organic and the majority of them will not contain GMOs. GMOs will be completely absent from the ingredients within the next year and a half.

This, they say, is in an effort to align with the “increasing demand for healthy food products at a great price.” The Simply Balanced brand will also exclude other harmful ingredients while striving to provide consumers with a natural and affordable store-brand option.

The Simply Balanced collection is crafted to be free of artificial flavors, colors and preservatives, and avoids high fructose corn syrup. The collection never uses trans fats, is mindful about the amount of sodium in each product, and forty percent of the products are organic – giving guests more of the simple, recognizable ingredients they know and want – and a food label they can understand.

As a wellness brand built on purity and simplicity, Simply Balanced products exclude 105 common food additive ingredients, and the vast majority of the items within the collection are made without GMOs. As part of Target’s commitment to wellness, the Simply Balanced collection will eliminate all GMOs by the end of 2014.

In all, there will be nearly 250 products carrying the brand name, ranging in price from $1 for water to $14.99 for seafood products. Snacks, pasta, drinks, dairy, cereal, and frozen seafood will all be included in the lineup.

This brand is replacing two subsets of the current store-brand Archer Farms: Archer Farms Simply Balanced and Archer Farms Organic. The store will begin rolling out the new products this month.

As consumers continue to voice their opinions with the almighty dollar, corporations have no choice but to respond accordingly. Continue supporting businesses that provide organic, local, and GMO-free products and urge local stores to carry more of these options.

Zing!
06-18-2013, 05:13 PM
It's a start.

FORD
06-18-2013, 05:21 PM
Well, as I said... hopefully the real grocery stores will follow the example. I can't remember ever buying groceries at Target, but I would definitely consider it, if they take this step and other stores refuse to do so.

I'll never shop at WalMart in either case, but I would be very surprised if they didn't jump on this, since they see Target as a primary competitor. (Though made in China lead poisoned food would still suck with or without GMOs)

Zing!
06-18-2013, 05:28 PM
As Target is based out of MN, they're awfully convenient. This is good news, but still no substitute for the farmers market.

FORD
07-01-2013, 03:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e7tQjkSRBE

Kristy
07-01-2013, 04:02 PM
No Elvis retort that this is a "false flag" from a major corporation? Maybe he's waiting on the Jone$ research once Jone$ steals what has been posted on the subject on Wiki.

I quite happen to like shopping at Target. Sure, they sell Chinese made junk but at least they treat their employees fair.

ELVIS
07-01-2013, 04:08 PM
Do you work the register ??

twonabomber
07-01-2013, 05:02 PM
Well, as I said... hopefully the real grocery stores will follow the example. I can't remember ever buying groceries at Target, but I would definitely consider it, if they take this step and other stores refuse to do so.

Local Target just finished adding a large grocery section. Not sure how many of the others around here are doing the same.

LoungeMachine
07-01-2013, 05:03 PM
Do you work the register ??

Do you work?

:gulp:

And as for companies who treat their employees right, Costco is THE place to shop....

ELVIS
07-01-2013, 05:09 PM
You're proud of that Gold membership card, eh Molester ??

LoungeMachine
07-01-2013, 05:13 PM
You're proud of that Gold membership card, eh Molester ??

What the fuck does that even mean?

Are you back on the sauce again?

Once an addict.....

ELVIS
07-01-2013, 05:16 PM
So, what time does Bingo start down at the pub ??

LoungeMachine
07-01-2013, 05:20 PM
:lmao:

Ouch, no fair teasing me for owning my own business.... ;)

ELVIS
07-01-2013, 05:24 PM
You should have an acoustic duo called Bingo and Free Beer...

LoungeMachine
07-01-2013, 05:27 PM
Actually the "acoustic duo" we had Saturday night packed the place to the rafters, the show made the entertainment section of 3 local papers, we had a record night in sales, and they're coming back before they go back out on tour. :)

Meanwhile you looked for work re-wiring another car wash. :lmao:

ELVIS
07-01-2013, 05:35 PM
Meanwhile you looked for work re-wiring another car wash. :lmao:

I don't look for work...

Work finds me...and way too often...;)

LoungeMachine
07-01-2013, 05:37 PM
:lmao:

Cool story, bro :thumb:

Kristy
07-03-2013, 01:03 PM
I don't look for work...

Work finds me...and way too often...;)

Usually from mom and dad as you continue to live in their basement rent free? Such work like taking out the trash, cleaning up your room, doing your own laundry getting the shit stains out of your underwear?

TFM_Dale
07-03-2013, 01:37 PM
Usually from mom and dad as you continue to live in their basement rent free? Such work like taking out the trash, cleaning up your room, doing your own laundry getting the shit stains out of your underwear?

Kristy fuckin cracks me up :)

Tapatalk says things could be worse, you could be at Roth Fans.

TFM_Dale
07-03-2013, 01:38 PM
Target to Remove GMOs from Major Food Brand
Elizabeth Renter
Natural Society / News Report (http://www.nationofchange.org/target-remove-gmos-major-food-brand-1371568029#comments)
Published: Tuesday 18 June 2013

Super store giant, Target, has announced they will be adding a new brand to their shelves—one that is made with natural health in mind. Called Simply Balanced, the brand will be on shelves soon and will phase out genetically modified ingredients by the end of 2014.

According to a press release on the Target official website, the initial roll-out will include a selection of foods that are 40% organic and the majority of them will not contain GMOs. GMOs will be completely absent from the ingredients within the next year and a half.

This, they say, is in an effort to align with the “increasing demand for healthy food products at a great price.” The Simply Balanced brand will also exclude other harmful ingredients while striving to provide consumers with a natural and affordable store-brand option.

The Simply Balanced collection is crafted to be free of artificial flavors, colors and preservatives, and avoids high fructose corn syrup. The collection never uses trans fats, is mindful about the amount of sodium in each product, and forty percent of the products are organic – giving guests more of the simple, recognizable ingredients they know and want – and a food label they can understand.

As a wellness brand built on purity and simplicity, Simply Balanced products exclude 105 common food additive ingredients, and the vast majority of the items within the collection are made without GMOs. As part of Target’s commitment to wellness, the Simply Balanced collection will eliminate all GMOs by the end of 2014.

In all, there will be nearly 250 products carrying the brand name, ranging in price from $1 for water to $14.99 for seafood products. Snacks, pasta, drinks, dairy, cereal, and frozen seafood will all be included in the lineup.

This brand is replacing two subsets of the current store-brand Archer Farms: Archer Farms Simply Balanced and Archer Farms Organic. The store will begin rolling out the new products this month.

As consumers continue to voice their opinions with the almighty dollar, corporations have no choice but to respond accordingly. Continue supporting businesses that provide organic, local, and GMO-free products and urge local stores to carry more of these options.

I like it. As others have mentioned I hope more stores do this. Way to go Target!

Tapatalk says things could be worse, you could be at Roth Fans.