PDA

View Full Version : Molly Ringwald - Whore, Failed Actress and now.. Jazz Singer!?

Kristy
06-20-2013, 01:13 AM
T'was doin' sum ourdrin on Amazon (why am I talking in Ebonics?) when I came across this:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/NRNArt/Molly-Ringwald--Except-Sometimes-album-cover.jpg

Nothing like being 45 going on 25 is there?

Release notes say: " The album is filled with jazz standards such as 'I'll Take Romance,' and 'The Very Thought of You,' and also includes a throwback to her eighties fame with 'Don't You Forget About Me,' arranged by Peter Smith who co-produced the album."

I just can't bring myself to even desire to listen to this out of curiosity. I might place a loaded gun to my head if I do.

Mushroom
06-20-2013, 01:19 AM
I forgot all about her. If she is a whore send her my way. But she is definitely not a failed actress. I always loved that red-headed bitch but the only vision left to my imagination is her pouty 80's personality. I wanted to nail her. And strangely my girlfriends in the 80's resembled her because she was a teen pop culture icon.

I agree, don't waste your time or money on this lame attempt at a comeback.

Kristy
06-20-2013, 01:24 AM
Really? Tell me what has she done since say...1987?

Mushroom
06-20-2013, 01:26 AM
retired

mdk1967
06-20-2013, 01:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OFROViP0J0

chefcraig
06-20-2013, 08:09 AM
Hmmm...OK, Paul Gleason dropped dead. Emilio Estevez makes lousy movies, Ally Sheedy discovered Richie Sambora and drugs, Anthony Michael Hall occasionally shows up on basic cable tv and doesn't embarrass himself, and Molly Ringwald finds well worn jazz tunes to share with the 12 folks on the planet that still care.

This can only mean that Judd Nelson will be releasing an album of blues and old Stones tunes this coming September, available only at Starbucks.

Christ, witnessing this Breakfast Club saga unveil is only about as painful as watching that wretched An American Family reality show on PBS during the early 1970s. At least the Loud family appeared to be somewhat close to genuine human beings.

Kristy
06-20-2013, 12:20 PM
There must be a Breakfast Club curse or, more likely, not one of those actors can actually act. From reading on IMDB they all went on to make some really bad low budget/b-list movies in the later part of the 80's, showed up here and there on poorly written sit-coms and T.V. drama shows in the 90's and faded from public interest then on. Every now and then one will make themselves known but for the most part they were simply just terrible actors who just happened to have great agents. I never quite understood how 'The Breakfast Club' was so popular to maintain such a high cult following. Maybe it was the first film to bring forth high school social ills but the script was so bad, loaded with endless cliches and pseudo-melodrama to the point where it gives me a headache from watching 5 minutes of it. Hughes was a one trick pony of a director.

Then again, I should not be surprised. If Kevin Costner can make a country record and have people listen to it as being serious no doubt Molly here can record a jazz offering though I'm willing to bet she stare at you crossed-eyed if you asked her who Duke Ellington or Thelonious Monk was.

TFM_Dale
06-20-2013, 12:35 PM
I don't mind Breakfast Club, not even in my top ten of 80s movies but I have watched worse. Molly Ringwhore on the other hand I never really had a use for, shit actress, she must have gave amazing head.

Kristy
06-20-2013, 12:43 PM
Her roles were all the same too. She usually played a misunderstood, victimized character. Saw her in a late night cable movie one time where she played a museum director trying to get her alcoholic father out of a bad gambling debt. I never knew how it ended up. The film was so bad and so unbelievably poorly acted I just didn't care.

Terry
06-20-2013, 12:45 PM
There must be a Breakfast Club curse or, more likely, not one of those actors can actually act. From reading on IMDB they all went on to make some really bad low budget/b-list movies in the later part of the 80's, showed up here and there on poorly written sit-coms and T.V. drama shows in the 90's and faded from public interest then on. Every now and then one will make themselves known but for the most part they were simply just terrible actors who just happened to have great agents. I never quite understood how 'The Breakfast Club' was so popular to maintain such a high cult following. Maybe it was the first film to bring forth high school social ills but the script was so bad, loaded with endless cliches and pseudo-melodrama to the point where it gives me a headache from watching 5 minutes of it. Hughes was a one trick pony of a director.

Then again, I should not be surprised. If Kevin Costner can make a country record and have people listen to it as being serious no doubt Molly here can record a jazz offering though I'm willing to bet she stare at you crossed-eyed if you asked her who Duke Ellington or Thelonious Monk was.

Yeah, I never quite got all the accolades for that movie, either. It was hailed as some filmic Catcher In The Rye for the 80s generation, but it was basically just another ABC Afterschool Special for me: overblown, self-important and way too fucking sappy.

twonabomber
06-20-2013, 12:53 PM
Her roles were all the same too. She usually played a misunderstood, victimized character. Saw her in a late night cable movie one time where she played a museum director trying to get her alcoholic father out of a bad gambling debt. I never knew how it ended up. The film was so bad and so unbelievably poorly acted I just didn't care.

Wasn't that the Pick-Up Artist? I didn't think much of that movie, either.

Girl I was dating in the late '80's dragged me to For Keeps...another bad one.

Kristy
06-20-2013, 12:55 PM
Rumor had it that there was going to be a sequel to 'The Breakfast Club' as a 25 year reunion so some such shit and that it was in the works before Hughes died. Molly must be desperate for money to do a "jazz standards" album and really, Tony Bennett (who can actually sing) already beat her to the punch when it comes to producing such crap.

chefcraig
06-20-2013, 12:57 PM
Yeah, I never quite got all the accolades for that movie, either. It was hailed as some filmic Catcher In The Rye for the 80s generation, but it was basically just another ABC Afterschool Special for me: overblown, self-important and way too fucking sappy.

Yep, essentially...we are all misunderstood and defined by class distinction, yet thank Christ we all got together this morning to find out we are all mutually fucked up. And let's project our anger on the dickhead vice-principal.

There, everything's better. HUH?

Oddly enough, I enjoyed the film when it came out, which pretty much tells you more about my state of mind at the time, than the God-damned movie.

Kristy
06-20-2013, 01:00 PM
Wasn't that the Pick-Up Artist? I didn't think much of that movie, either.

Yeah, that was it with a highly annoying preself-medicated Robert Downy, Jr.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_SI72Qn7mM5Y/TRbY3IkypEI/AAAAAAAABA0/3-IaYie27ic/s1600/the%2Bpick%2Bup%2Bartist%2B1987.jpg

sonrisa salvaje
06-20-2013, 01:01 PM

No doubt. Let us not forget such gems as Don Johnson's Heartbeat and Bruce Willis' Return of Bruno. Those 2 albums were successful enough that each of them did a follow up record. Hard to believe but it is true.

Kristy
06-20-2013, 01:06 PM
It's what I expected. Monotonous drek.

lesfunk
06-20-2013, 01:10 PM
I'm curious as to why you would waste your time with this in the first place?

ThrillsNSpills
06-20-2013, 01:20 PM

:eek1: welcome to our world funkman

LoungeMachine
06-20-2013, 01:23 PM
I just can't bring myself to even desire to listen to this out of curiosity. I might place a loaded gun to my head if I do.

I just ordered it and had it sent Overnight Express to you. ;)

TFM_Dale
06-20-2013, 01:29 PM
I just ordered it and had it sent Overnight Express to you. ;)

For 50 bucks Ringwhore will drive to your door and blow you, or so I have heard................................. Might be down to 20 by now.

Kristy
06-20-2013, 04:12 PM

http://www.miridiatech.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/inquiring_minds_logo.png

saint
06-20-2013, 04:36 PM
Actually she sings better than she acts, the songs are easily forgettable but she don't make a fool out of her self. Compared to my own jazz attempts it's not bad, but then again she don't play the instruments, or write the songs :)

LoungeMachine
06-20-2013, 04:45 PM
Actually she sings better than she acts,

Wouldn't she pretty much have to?

:gulp:

saint
06-20-2013, 04:52 PM
Ha ha you got a point :)

Terry
06-20-2013, 07:54 PM
Yep, essentially...we are all misunderstood and defined by class distinction, yet thank Christ we all got together this morning to find out we are all mutually fucked up. And let's project our anger on the dickhead vice-principal.

There, everything's better. HUH?

Oddly enough, I enjoyed the film when it came out, which pretty much tells you more about my state of mind at the time, than the God-damned movie.

The reality of such a situation back then is if you took a jappy princess, a jock, a nerd, a burnout and a flake and put them all in a room together, the first time any one of them tried to instigate a "let's all get together and have a group hug because we're all the same underneath our stereotypes" moment, someone would have called that person a 'fag' and everyone else would have laughed, perhaps adding a few rejoinders of 'what a fucking queerbait' or 'that's wicked gay'...and that would have been the end of the movie right there.

Kristy
06-20-2013, 07:59 PM
Yeah, Hughes wasn't breaking any of the social high school barriers as he thought he did with that dismal film.

Terry
06-20-2013, 08:11 PM
That's what I never got about all the "Hughes is an iconic director" bullshit. Hughes had a take on high school that seemed to be his fantasy of what it should be like, but something like Fast Times At Ridgemont High or (in parts) Heathers was a little closer to reality.