PDA

View Full Version : Supreme Court DOMA Decision Rules Federal Same-Sex Marriage Ban Unconstitutional

Hardrock69
06-26-2013, 10:40 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/26/supreme-court-doma-decision_n_3454811.html

WASHINGTON -- The Defense of Marriage Act, the law barring the federal government from recognizing same-sex marriages legalized by the states, is unconstitutional, the Supreme Court ruled Wednesday by a 5-4 vote.

"The federal statute is invalid, for no legitimate purpose overcomes the purpose and effect to disparage and to injure those whom the State, by its marriage laws, sought to protect in personhood and dignity,” Justice Anthony Kennedy wrote in the majority opinion. “By seeking to displace this protection and treating those persons as living in marriages less respected than others, the federal statute is in violation of the Fifth Amendment.”

Justice Kennedy delivered the court’s opinion, and was joined by Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Stephen Breyer, Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan. Chief Justice John Roberts and Justices Antonin Scalia and Samuel Alito all filed dissenting opinions.

DOMA, signed by President Bill Clinton in 1996, prevents same-sex couples whose marriages are recognized by their home state from receiving the hundreds of benefits available to other married couples under federal law. During the Obama administration, the Justice Department initially defended DOMA in court despite the administration’s desire to repeal it. But the Justice Department changed course in early 2011, finding that the law was unconstitutional and declining to defend it any longer. House Republicans have since spent hundreds of thousands of dollars taking over that defense.

Plaintiff Edie Windsor, 84, sued the federal government after the Internal Revenue Service denied her refund request for the $363,000 in federal estate taxes she paid after her spouse, Thea Spyer, died in 2009.

During the March oral arguments in United States v. Windsor, a majority of the court seemed to express doubts about the constitutionality of DOMA. Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg said that supporters of the law seemed to want "two types of marriage," likening same-sex unions to the "skim milk" version of marriage.

Hardrock69
06-26-2013, 10:57 AM
Actually, the above was only half of it. They also struck down California's Proposition 8.

Poor Christian assholes are sobbing everywhere today.

Sad motherfuckers.

sadaist
06-26-2013, 11:05 AM
I believe that marriage should not have ANY government or authority involved. No changes in tax codes, or anything else that changes when you get married. It should be a spiritual thing between the 2 people and whatever they believe in. It's simply a way to show a promise to love each other forever. The only marriage we should each individually care about is our own. As for anyone else we should be happy that two people found love & happiness. Why we gotta be up in everyones business all the fucking time? For fucks sake already. Tired of this fight.

sadaist
06-26-2013, 11:08 AM
Actually, the above was only half of it. They also struck down California's Proposition 8.

Sad motherfuckers.

Meh. In actuality this will just inspire their hatred even more and increase fundraising & coffers.

Kristy
06-26-2013, 11:11 AM
Von should be happy to hear this. He can now move to Cali and purpose to Roth.

jhale667
06-26-2013, 11:11 AM
Meh. In actuality this will just inspire their hatred even more and increase fundraising & coffers.

Funny, I bet racist fucks in the South said something similar in the 60s. So I guess after yesterday we can expect this to be overturned in 40 years if we're going by historical precedent... :rolleyes:

Von Halen
06-26-2013, 11:16 AM
Von should be happy to hear this. He can now move to Cali and purpose to Roth.

Do you mean propose?

If I were to propose to another man, it would be you. I am ghey for you.

Angel
06-26-2013, 11:53 AM
Do you mean propose?

Bullshit. You're plannin your walk up the aisle with Sammy as we speak...probably both wearing orange shorts...

Kristy
06-26-2013, 12:01 PM
Do you mean propose?

I'm sorry, Von. But I need a man who has a job and doesn't live in a trailer. But best of luck to you and Roth.

Von Halen
06-26-2013, 12:15 PM
I'm sorry, Von. But I need a man who has a job and doesn't live in a trailer. But best of luck to you and Roth.

Come on over and check it out!

Kristy
06-26-2013, 12:22 PM
Lovely place you have!
http://worldonline.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com/img/photos/2008/05/09/wkd_lakeside_village_003_t460.jpg?926875e5be5f93a8 dc1e86b8d949ee54b77d1e0d

Where do you hide the food stamps from Elvis when he comes over?

Von Halen
06-26-2013, 12:29 PM
What are "food stamps"?

And why would I have Elvis over?

I'll be out there skiing this winter. Can I come visit you?

Kristy
06-26-2013, 12:32 PM
No. And no.

fraroc
06-26-2013, 01:08 PM
The response that the ruling got on MSN just makes me fucking hate religious people even more. Every single fucking comment is "USA is going to Hell", "God Hates Gays","Obama is the Anti-Christ" (shitty president definitley, but Anti-Christ? Seriously?) and on and on and on. Of course, everyone here knows that I am the most opinionated fuck on this planet so I decided to chime in. I wrote a comment saying that even though I believe in God and have read the Bible before, I think what you people are doing to gay people is wrong and God loves everybody and I added "Thou Shall Not Be Gay" is not one of the Ten Commandments.

The first comment I got was.....

Douchebag: Burn in Hell, you homosexual scum. Leviticus 18:22.
Me: Thanks, but no thanks, I'm straight.
Douchebag: Then you will burn for being an athiest. Psalm 14:1.
Me: Are you fucking stupid? My original post said that I. BELIEVE. IN. GOD. I'm not a goddamn athiest!
Douchebag: Then you will burn for being a hypocrite. Matthew 6:5.

And it just escalated from there.

jhale667
06-26-2013, 01:31 PM
If your argument against marriage equality begins with "The bible says..." you've already lost the debate.

TFM_Dale
06-26-2013, 01:35 PM
Even if somebody believes gay marriage shouldn't be legal due to religous beliefs I still don't get all the commotion over it. Won't they "pay" for their sins like everybody else? Pretty sure most of their beliefs are that we will be judged at Heaven's gates so who the fuck are they to judge anybody now?

Von Halen
06-26-2013, 01:41 PM
Money is not the root to all evil. Religion is.

jhale667
06-26-2013, 01:53 PM

Exactly. And people wonder why "none" is the fastest growing denomination.

kwame k
06-26-2013, 02:26 PM
The response that the ruling got on MSN just makes me fucking hate religious people even more. Every single fucking comment is "USA is going to Hell", "God Hates Gays","Obama is the Anti-Christ" (shitty president definitley, but Anti-Christ? Seriously?) and on and on and on. Of course, everyone here knows that I am the most opinionated fuck on this planet so I decided to chime in. I wrote a comment saying that even though I believe in God and have read the Bible before, I think what you people are doing to gay people is wrong and God loves everybody and I added "Thou Shall Not Be Gay" is not one of the Ten Commandments.

The first comment I got was.....

Douchebag: Burn in Hell, you homosexual scum. Leviticus 18:22.
Me: Thanks, but no thanks, I'm straight.
Douchebag: Then you will burn for being an athiest. Psalm 14:1.
Me: Are you fucking stupid? My original post said that I. BELIEVE. IN. GOD. I'm not a goddamn athiest!
Douchebag: Then you will burn for being a hypocrite. Matthew 6:5.

And it just escalated from there.

Slam 'em back with Leviticus........you should read Leviticus. So much ammo to combat the religious reich with:yo:

Greatest scene ever on the West Wing......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7jOek1KhZs

FORD
06-26-2013, 02:35 PM
Good to see that the Five BCE Imbeciles got at least one case right this week. They probably feared for their lives if they released two fucked up decisions on two consecutive days.

FORD
06-26-2013, 02:38 PM

Sad motherfuckers.

And right on cue, here comes Louie GOMER with the first wave of stupidity......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oel55wa6hJ8

FORD
06-26-2013, 02:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSOBm3zjvuc

FORD
06-26-2013, 03:15 PM
And for some real comedy on this, check out the Phelps KKKult Twitter feed....

https://twitter.com/wbcsays

jhale667
06-26-2013, 03:22 PM
:doh: The stupid, it burns.

sadaist
06-26-2013, 03:35 PM
Slam 'em back with Leviticus........you should read Leviticus. So much ammo to combat the religious reich with:yo:

Greatest scene ever on the West Wing......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7jOek1KhZs

okay, that was pretty awesome.

kwame k
06-26-2013, 03:50 PM
An oldies but a goodie!

I challenge anyone to find a "Christian" who actually follows the Bible chapter and verse!

Can't be done but........when it suits their agenda they'll throw Bible quotes out there, yet they themselves cherry pick which verses they'll abide by and which ones they ignore.

I haven't heard of a "Christian" in this country stoning his wife/daughter/sister for wearing mixed linens, wearing jewelry or forcing a widow to marry her brother-in-law!

Also, anyone with a tattoo is going to hell, too:yo:

*edit*

Ladies remember if you are ever unfortunate enough to be raped you have to marry that man!

tbone888
06-26-2013, 05:43 PM
If your argument against marriage equality begins with "The bible says..." you've already lost the debate.

Same as if it begins with " based on teachings of the Qur'an and Sunnah". Could you imagine if this ruling had taken place in Afghanistan? Everyone responsible would have been dragged into the streets, beheaded and burned.

jhale667
06-26-2013, 05:49 PM
Same as if it begins with " based on teachings of the Qur'an and Sunnah". Could you imagine if this ruling had taken place in Afghanistan? Everyone responsible would have been dragged into the streets, beheaded and burned.

I probably should have added that, but it kinda goes almost w/o saying. All religious objections are invalid, and all religions are bullshit.

FORD
06-26-2013, 06:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZvp1pVNiQo

FORD
06-26-2013, 06:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1lkLuDq5wA

kwame k
06-26-2013, 07:53 PM
I probably should have added that, but it kinda goes almost w/o saying. All religious objections are invalid, and all religions are bullshit.

Now here my friend, I have to disagree with you......my church, the Church of Dude......we abide:yo: http://dudeism.com/

And yes, I am ordained in the Church of Dude!

PETE'S BROTHER
06-26-2013, 08:00 PM
Now here my friend, I have to disagree with you......my church, the Church of Dude......we abide:yo: http://dudeism.com/

And yes, I am ordained in the Church of Dude!

i got one from you! it's in my cube at work :thumb:

PETE'S BROTHER
06-26-2013, 08:01 PM
the latter day dude

kwame k
06-26-2013, 08:02 PM
Outstanding:beers8:

Romeo Delight
06-26-2013, 08:05 PM
They call themselves the Right wing Watch? Wow.

jhale667
06-26-2013, 08:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZvp1pVNiQo

Nope, sorry - they weren't "falsely" accused, and they've made themselves 2nd class citizens by being hateful bigoted zealots. Oh the irony of these fucks beginning to feel as maligned, disenfranchised and ostracized as they wanted LGBT people to be... how terrible for them... :biggrin:

Notice they lack the same indignation for yesterday's SCOTUS decision (which was as wrong as today's is right)... didn't hear shit out of them yesterday. :rolleyes:

Dr. Love
06-26-2013, 08:07 PM

Money is a religion. I see people worshiping it every day.

jhale667
06-26-2013, 08:08 PM

Only because "Reich-Wing" didn't play as well in their initial marketing surveys. ;)

jhale667
06-26-2013, 08:09 PM

There's a false idol in your sig... :yo:

PETE'S BROTHER
06-26-2013, 08:12 PM
There's a false idol in your sig... :yo:

only to some

jhale667
06-26-2013, 08:16 PM
only to some

C'mon, you don't wanna "worship" her for at least a few minutes?

kwame k
06-26-2013, 08:19 PM

People, Doc?

Fuck, I see all major religions worshiping it.......the fucking Pope in Rome sits on a golden throne:pullinghair:

Spammy would kill for those lyrics:lmao:

FORD
06-26-2013, 08:20 PM

No, actually "Right Wing Watch" is the organization that watches all these fringe religious batshit crazy lunatic TV shows (and internet shows) so you don't have to.... and then puts their craziest bits on You Tube.

If I remember correctly, RWW is a division of People For the American Way, which was founded by Norman Lear (who is definitely not a right winger)

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/

Seshmeister
06-26-2013, 08:23 PM

Trust me you're miles out with that line of attack...

FORD
06-26-2013, 08:24 PM
Notice they lack the same indignation for yesterday's SCOTUS decision (which was as wrong as today's is right)... didn't hear shit out of them yesterday. :rolleyes:

It's true that most of the complaints the right wingers (Fat Tony Scalia included) have had about TODAY's court decision actually fit YESTERDAY's fiasco much better.

More on Fat Tony's comments to follow......

Dr. Love
06-26-2013, 08:28 PM
People, Doc?

Fuck, I see all major religions worshiping it.......the fucking Pope in Rome sits on a golden throne:pullinghair:

Spammy would kill for those lyrics:lmao:

Corporations are people too, my friend

Dr. Love
06-26-2013, 08:28 PM
Also I think the current pope removed the golden throne in favor of something simpler.

Satan
06-26-2013, 08:34 PM
Charisma: Satan Using Gay Marriage to Ban Straight Marriage (http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/charisma-satan-using-gay-marriage-ban-straight-marriage)
Submitted by Brian Tashman on Wednesday, 6/26/2013 4:00 pm

Charisma news editor Jennifer LeClaire writes today in her column, “Satan’s End-Time Strategy to Outlaw Traditional Marriage in Full Swing,” that “we are in the end times” as a “satanic agenda” will soon “mainstream gay marriage” and “eventually end” marriage between opposite sex couples.

Clearly, our nation is seeing Romans 1 play out before its very eyes because although we know God, we have chosen not to glorify Him (Rom. 1:21).

Our Supreme Court has “exchanged the truth of God for the lie” (v. 25). A growing number of our citizens are fine and dandy with the fact that women exchange "the natural use for what is against nature,” and more are accepting of the fact that men have left "the natural use of the woman" and have "burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful” (vv. 26-27).

Many of our nation's leaders have given in to a “debased mind” (v. 28). Our nation is marked by “all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness” (v. 29). Many of our citizens are “full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful” (vv. 29-31).

Our Supreme Court just opened the door to more of the same. Could it be possible that one day marriage as an institution could be outlawed altogether? I believe that is part of Satan’s end-time strategy.

Paul hints at this in a prophetic letter to his spiritual son, Timothy, more than 2,000 years ago. Paul wrote, “Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron, forbidding to marry” (1 Tim. 4:1-3).

We are in the latter times. We are in the end times even now. And many are indeed departing from the faith. Less than 1 percent of 18- to 23-year-olds have a biblical worldview, according to a recent Barna Group survey. Seven in 10 Protestants ages 18 to 30 who went to church regularly in high school said they quit attending by age 23, LifeWay Research reveals. And the Pew Research Center’s Forum on Religion & Public Life reports that half of former Protestants who left the church said they turned away from their childhood faith because they stopped believing in its teachings—and about 40 percent said they did so because they do not believe in God.

We are in the latter times. We are in the end times even now. And some are indeed giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons. Look at the likes of Rob Bell, with his “no hell” theology; John Crowder, with his distorted hypergrace messages; and Carlton Pearson, with his universalistic “gospel of inclusion.” Then there’s the false justice movement that talks about Jesus while holding Bible studies, worship meetings and performing good works—but it’s a different Jesus at the center. These are just a few of the doctrines of demons circulating through the church today that are leading us toward the end-time harlot church.

We are in the latter times. We are in the end times even now. And some are indeed speaking lies in hypocrisy. Some are indeed living with a seared conscience. So the question is, Will 1 Timothy 4:3 be the next part of this prophetic Scripture to come to pass? Will we see governments forbidding marriage? I believe it’s inevitable as we get closer to the Second Coming of Christ. I believe the institution of traditional marriage will come under attack in parts of the earth as the deceptive gay marriage agenda continues to gain momentum.

Today’s rulings from the U.S. Supreme Court are about more than allowing gays to tap into federal benefits that, until now, were reserved for couples in traditional marriages. Today’s rulings set into motion a dynamic that could mainstream gay marriage in this nation sooner than later—and forward the satanic agenda to eventually end a godly institution that’s almost as old as the world itself.

Really???

My "Satanic agenda" to take over the whole fucking world involves two people in love getting married? How in the fuck would that serve my Most Unholy purposes??

Their "Satanic Rainbow Flag" graphic is kinda funny though..... http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d025.gif

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/sites/default/files/imagecache/rww_front_topstory/images/a_story_images/gay_satan_a.jpg

Dr. Love
06-26-2013, 08:44 PM
It's unfortunate how easily people are emotionally manipulated. Gay marriage, immigration, abortion are used to rile people up, divide the people and pit them against each other. I tend to agree with ELVIS that there's something terrible going on though I disagree that the government is the one conspiring to make it happen. I generally think that the wealthy, politically motivated people have already paid for the government, or enough of it to get their way.

They dismantle education, leaving the populace dumber (think about how many creationists there are out there).
They saddle the citizenry with their debt through the Fed
They push the country into further debt through pointless wars for their own personal enrichment
They control public opinion through corporate owned media
They try to strip people's rights to limit the voting population to those most likely to vote for their agenda
They forcefully disband peaceful protest and assembly (OWS)

People don't care. I don't care. It's all pointless, all theatrics. It won't change by voting. It won't change by getting involved. The deck is way too stacked. I genuinely think that eventually financial ruin will settle in, when the next economic collapse happens and they can't print their way out of it. When the dust settles, and people realize how screwed they are, how manipulated they are, how controlled they've been, I think change will finally come.

Until then... it's hard to really care too much about it.

kwame k
06-26-2013, 08:45 PM
Corporations are people too, my friend

Missed ya, brother:lmao:

Seshmeister
06-26-2013, 08:47 PM
It's unfortunate how easily people are emotionally manipulated. Gay marriage, immigration, abortion are used to rile people up, divide the people and pit them against each other.

Don't forget a completely disproportionate and unjustifiable fear of terrorism and foreign military threats.

kwame k
06-26-2013, 08:48 PM
Also I think the current pope removed the golden throne in favor of something simpler.
Nope,,,,but he is a hell of a lot better than the last Nazi:yo:

Dr. Love
06-26-2013, 08:50 PM
Don't forget a completely disproportionate and unjustifiable fear of terrorism and foreign military threats.

I'd move to Canada where things don't seem to be so retarded, except for the bizarre lack of canadian bacon. It's a deal breaker.

Dr. Love
06-26-2013, 08:51 PM
Nope,,,,but he is a hell of a lot better than the last Nazi:yo:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/papa_brand_new_bag_pJba5AQ5IY1VLmi8Dx6N4M

He’s a bishop without bling.

Here’s Pope Francis (pictured) in a wooden chair instead of a golden throne, wearing black shoes rather than his predecessor’s ruby slippers and clad in a white cassock, not a gold-embroidered stole.

Satan
06-26-2013, 09:00 PM
Being the Devil, any comments I make regarding a church leader might be taken as "biased", but I gotta give Pope Frankie some credit.....

He's either a far better man than recent popes, or he's a far better marketer than they were.

Obviously, I'm hoping it's the latter and he's eventually exposed.

Seshmeister
06-26-2013, 09:02 PM
Being the Devil, any comments I make regarding a church leader might be taken as "biased", but I gotta give Pope Frankie some credit.....

He's either a far better man than recent popes, or he's a far better marketer than they were.

Although to be fair either way that would not have been difficult... :)

Satan
06-26-2013, 09:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ech25vHLp78

Satan
06-26-2013, 09:49 PM
Yemen??? Glenn, you're a MORMON. You didn't need to go to the Muslims to find a polygamy strawman, you dumb son of a bitch! Look in your own religious closet.... and see if you can find three other women crazy enough to marry your ass.

Satan
06-26-2013, 09:53 PM
Poor Batshit Bachmann..... between this case and those fools at Exodus International closing their doors, she knows that Marcus is going stop his charade any day now and dump her ass..... and there goes her phony Swiss citizenship when he leaves her.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hecZmkBoPSE

Seshmeister
06-26-2013, 10:09 PM
Reading the Clinton's welcoming the SCOTUS decision and thinking fucking hmm....

Politicians... meh

President's statement on DOMA 1996

Statement by President Bill Clinton
On Friday, September 20, prior to signing the Defense of Marriage Act, President Clinton released the following statement:

Throughout my life I have strenuously opposed discrimination of any kind, including discrimination against gay and lesbian Americans. I am signing into law H.R. 3396, a bill relating to same-gender marriage, but it is important to note what this legislation does and does not do.

I have long opposed governmental recognition of same-gender marriages and this legislation is consistent with that position. The Act confirms the right of each state to determine its own policy with respect to same gender marriage and clarifies for purposes of federal law the operative meaning of the terms "marriage" and "spouse".

This legislation does not reach beyond those two provisions. It has no effect on any current federal, state or local anti-discrimination law and does not constrain the right of Congress or any state or locality to enact anti-discrimination laws. I therefore would take this opportunity to urge Congress to pass the Employment Non-Discrimination Act, an act which would extend employment discrimination protections to gays and lesbians in the workplace. This year the Senate considered this legislation contemporaneously with the Act I sign today and failed to pass it by a single vote. I hope that in its next Session Congress will pass it expeditiously.

I also want to make clear to all that the enactment of this legislation should not, despite the fierce and at times divisive rhetoric surrounding it, be understood to provide an excuse for discrimination, violence or intimidation against any person on the basis of sexual orientation. Discrimination, violence and intimidation for that reason, as well as others, violate the principle of equal protection under the law and have no place in American society.

Seshmeister
06-26-2013, 10:14 PM
It's simply a way to show a promise to love each other forever. The only marriage we should each individually care about is our own. As for anyone else we should be happy that two people found love & happiness. Why we gotta be up in everyones business all the fucking time? For fucks sake already. Tired of this fight.

The younger that you are, the more likely you are to think this and for young people it's a no brainer unless you have been indoctrinated by religious fundamentalism.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1012115_10151701860580560_561570595_n.jpg

Angel
06-26-2013, 10:28 PM
I'd move to Canada where things don't seem to be so retarded, except for the bizarre lack of canadian bacon. It's a deal breaker.

How many times do I have to tell you...It's BACK BACON! ;)

Satan
06-26-2013, 10:34 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pPRaD6TKLc

Dr. Love
06-26-2013, 11:23 PM

I guess Canada is retarded in its own way then :biggrin:

Satan
06-26-2013, 11:29 PM
I guess Canada is retarded in its own way then :biggrin:

Well, to be fair, they DID spawn the likes of Celine Dion and Bryan Adams.

FORD
06-27-2013, 02:22 AM
http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae35/mpkartist/EllenPage_zpsced1460f.png

jhale667
06-27-2013, 02:34 AM
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/FUhuckabee_zps6786a8fc.jpg (http://s65.photobucket.com/user/jhale667/media/FUhuckabee_zps6786a8fc.jpg.html)

:lmao:

FORD
06-27-2013, 11:24 AM
So apparently Pat Robertson and his puppet Jay Sekulow are implying that justice Anthony Kennedy didn't write this Supreme Court decision, but one of his "homosexual employees" did.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAGI0E5e8Cw

FORD
06-27-2013, 11:39 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oudkUBm0Nng

Climate change????

Damn, I was sure he would go with another "man on dog" argument :(

sadaist
06-27-2013, 11:48 AM
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/FUhuckabee_zps6786a8fc.jpg (http://s65.photobucket.com/user/jhale667/media/FUhuckabee_zps6786a8fc.jpg.html)

:lmao:

LMFAO! Great.

FORD
06-27-2013, 02:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmZb86062yE

FORD
06-27-2013, 02:33 PM
It's true that most of the complaints the right wingers (Fat Tony Scalia included) have had about TODAY's court decision actually fit YESTERDAY's fiasco much better.

More on Fat Tony's comments to follow......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwEGsY4jVjo

Kristy
06-27-2013, 03:40 PM
Trust me you're miles out with that line of attack...

So sorry. Didn't mean to insult your abode as well, Sesh.

FORD
06-27-2013, 06:38 PM
http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/2013/130427-doma-repeal-fiscal-responsibility-edition.jpg

FORD
06-27-2013, 06:47 PM
http://editorialcartoonists.com/cartoons/LoweC/2013/LoweC20130626_low.jpg

Nickdfresh
06-27-2013, 07:05 PM
LMFAO! Great.

So 33-year old bachelor wept?

PETE'S BROTHER
06-27-2013, 07:08 PM
So 33-year old bachelor wept?

:biggrin:

PETE'S BROTHER
06-27-2013, 07:10 PM
was there a female disciple?

Nickdfresh
06-27-2013, 07:12 PM

Well, there's speculation he was fucking the bejesus out of Mary Magdalene. But he was always around a dozen guys or so...

Jesus Christ
06-27-2013, 07:29 PM
Seriously Nicodemus, did ye really need to go there??

Ye know that Sesh always tries to imply that I am gay, just because I was 33 and unmarried.

But verily I say unto thee, that when ye know that ye are going to be crucified, rise from the dead, and then ascend to Heaven, then what would be the point of marrying and having children when I would not have been there on Earth with them?

My stepfather Joseph died when I was a teenager, and it really hurt My Mom and My younger brothers and sisters. But Joseph did not know his fate in advance, so ye cannot condemn him for marrying and having a family. But it would have been irresponsible of Me to do so.

But yes, I loved Mary Magdalene very much. And still do. And now she is indeed My wife, here in Heaven.

Oh, and BTW, the Messiah hath no Twitter account, so that was an imposter who replied to Michael Huckabee. But I do pretty much agree with his sentiments. I have never approved of the hatred and prejudice done in My name. And that is what makes Jesus weep more than anything :(

kwame k
06-27-2013, 07:32 PM
Come on now, Jesus!

You were banging MM........she was the Yoko Ono of your group!

Made the rest of the Disciples jealous:yo:

Jesus Christ
06-27-2013, 07:34 PM

Verily, there were many. But ye must remember the books of Scripture which were compiled into the collection ye know as "The Bible" were written by (and for) a patriarchal society, and so the men got all the mention.

The 12 men whose names ye may know - they were the leadership of the Disciples, but there were many other Disciples beyond that, both male and female.

Dr. Love
06-27-2013, 07:36 PM
Oh, and BTW, the Messiah hath no Twitter account

I've got it on good authority that he doesn't have a Roth Army account either.

kwame k
06-27-2013, 07:37 PM
So I've been PM'ing a false Messiah:(

Jesus Christ
06-27-2013, 07:39 PM
I've got it on good authority that he doesn't have a Roth Army account either.

Physician, heal thyself! :jesuslol:

Hardrock69
06-27-2013, 10:50 PM
Seriously Nicodemus, did ye really need to go there??

Ye know that Sesh always tries to imply that I am gay, just because I was 33 and unmarried. :(

You are forgetful in your old age, Lord. The wedding at Canaan in the New Testament was YOUR wedding. The people came to you to ask about the supply of wine running out.
They would only have come to the groom to discuss such a thing.

The groom was the person in charge of the wedding in Israel during the time period when you were "alive". It is common knowledge among historians. Note I did not say "Fascist Christan Zealots". ;)

Factual statement. :D

Have your Dad rewind the cosmic video tape so you can be reminded of what happened to you 2,000 years ago. :hee:

Hardrock69
06-27-2013, 11:07 PM
A message to all the Christian assholes who are whining about DOMA being overturned yesterday:

Hows it feel to be a "victim" you fucking assholes?

You fuckers have only been victimizing innocent people in the name of "God" for 1700 years!

How is it that you are victim of this situation, when you have no right telling other people how to live their lives?

Nobody is stopping you worthless goddamnable fucks from living your own lives as you see fit.

You are free to continue being the tight-wad, narrow-minded assholes you always have been. Nobody is stopping you.

But guess what? You cannot tell other people how to live their lives.

So other people do not believe as you do. Good for them. You should have no problem with that. Don't you have enough to worry about in your own life? It must take a lot of effort to be fucking assholes the way you are.

So SHUT THE FUCK UP and go back to living your miserable fucking lives.

Nobody is trying to order YOU around. You have no valid reason to try to order other people around who believe differently from you.

And if you do not want your children to grow up to be gay, STOP HAVING GAY BABIES!

Fucking idiots.

FORD
06-27-2013, 11:07 PM
Well..... at least that settles the question of whether or not He was gay. :biggrin:

kwame k
06-27-2013, 11:09 PM
.....add to that, it was his mother that came to Jesus to tell him they were out of wine!

Mother of the groom:yo:

FORD
06-28-2013, 12:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPoownRAbU0

FORD
06-28-2013, 03:29 PM
Looks like Jabba the Christie isn't trying to paint himself as a "sensible moderate centrist" anymore.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDN2fZ6gWWM

jhale667
06-29-2013, 02:36 AM
There's no such thing as God's law. But there is such a thing as God slaw. I make it with paprika! #qualitysidedish— God (@TheTweetOfGod) June 29, 2013

ELVIS
06-29-2013, 09:09 AM
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

2 Corinthians 4:4

Nickdfresh
06-29-2013, 09:45 AM
Looks like Jabba the Christie isn't trying to paint himself as a "sensible moderate centrist" anymore.......

I'm not a big Christie fan. But he does seem to genuinely to be independent of the GOP Kool Aid group think of extreme, authoritarian-conservatism...

ELVIS
06-29-2013, 09:48 AM
There's an oxymoron if I ever fucking heard one...

Nickdfresh
06-29-2013, 09:57 AM
There's an oxymoron if I ever fucking heard one...

https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/3504412747/eba1a661860cf006c968eea9fb8bf027.jpeg
Um, what?

ELVIS
06-29-2013, 10:01 AM
Not quite the sharpest knife in the drawer, eh Dickforbrains ??

FORD
06-29-2013, 02:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCo5Zpcrpk4

Nickdfresh
06-30-2013, 11:19 AM
The Daily Show with Jon StewartGet More: Daily Show Full Episodes,Indecision Political Humor,The Daily Show on Facebook

LOL "You don't want to bring nature into this! Because nature is where dog's hump each other in the face..."

Nickdfresh
06-30-2013, 11:22 AM
Not quite the sharpest knife in the drawer, eh Dickforbrains ??

Yeah, but we're used to you being a bit thick by now...

Would you care to point out where the "oxymoron" is, specifically? And why?

ELVIS
06-30-2013, 11:27 AM
All I was saying is that "extreme authoritarian conservatism" is an oxymoron...

Dickforbrains...

Nickdfresh
06-30-2013, 11:33 AM
All I was saying is that "extreme authoritarian conservatism" is an oxymoron...

Dickforbrains...

Except, here's what I actually said:

...GOP Kool Aid group think of extreme, authoritarian-conservatism...

Did you notice the comma implying a pregnant pause and a separation of ideas? I guess reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, DickonBrain...

ELVIS
06-30-2013, 12:36 PM
Yes, I noticed it...

Even authoritarian conservatism is an oxymoron...

Nickdfresh
06-30-2013, 01:39 PM
Yes, I noticed it...

Even authoritarian conservatism is an oxymoron...

Then take it up with the writers who coined the term. And that's your opinion, not any sort of a fact when the far right of the GOP stifles any sort of debate, discussion, or bipartisanship...

Kristy
06-30-2013, 01:57 PM
That "Young Turks" show is fucking painful to watch. Counter culture pseudo-intellectualism for Fox viewers and annoying hipsters.

FORD
07-01-2013, 03:01 PM
http://0.tqn.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/s/y/4/religious-right-eff-you.jpg

jhale667
07-01-2013, 03:41 PM
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/jhale667/Politics/Triumphofagenda_zps5cbd12f0.png (http://s65.photobucket.com/user/jhale667/media/Politics/Triumphofagenda_zps5cbd12f0.png.html)

FORD
07-01-2013, 03:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7O8hbJf5QI

jhale667
07-01-2013, 03:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7O8hbJf5QI

So tired of the "child abuse/endangerment" bullshit argument.

ELVIS
07-01-2013, 05:11 PM
But why get married when you can just adopt your filthy same sex partner ??

FORD
07-01-2013, 05:21 PM
But why get married when you can just adopt your filthy same sex partner ??

Let's leave Ped Nugent out of this.......

ELVIS
07-01-2013, 05:28 PM
Gay man adopts his partner to avoid inheritance tax (http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2013/07/gay_man_adopts_his_partner_to.html)

Click on that garbage if you wanna waste your time reading it...

FORD
07-01-2013, 05:34 PM
Gay man adopts his partner to avoid inheritance tax (http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2013/07/gay_man_adopts_his_partner_to.html)

Click on that garbage if you wanna waste your time reading it...

Well, at least they were both consenting adults..... though I don't know how the guy was able to claim his "son" was older than him....

None of this would have been necessary if they lived in a state where they could get married. But Nugent would still be a pedophile.

ELVIS
07-01-2013, 06:14 PM
All rock stars would be pedophiles by your logic...

And if Nugent were a dick sucking liberal queer, you'd love him...

FORD
07-01-2013, 06:17 PM
All rock stars would be pedophiles by your logic...

And if Nugent were a dick sucking liberal queer, you'd love him...

Whether Nugent's into dick or pussy makes no difference to me. As long as it's adult dick or pussy.

And yeah, he might not be the only rock star who ever fucked an underaged kid, but he's probably the only one who adopted one so he could fuck her. :puke: