View Full Version : John Lennon Auditioning on The Voice

Unchainme
06-28-2013, 04:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxwHA9kXDKw

The epitome of truth.

ELVIS
06-28-2013, 04:36 PM
Lennon's family is black and Indian ??

I'm glad Lennon isn't around to see what happened to music and TV propaganda...

FORD
06-28-2013, 05:03 PM
Sad truth is that NOBODY who made any real music between 1962 and 1996 would have ever passed the "audition" on any of these corporate cookie cutter crap TV shows.

Which is the entire point.....

They are not looking for true talent at all. They are looking for bubblegum conformity. :puke:

Kristy
06-28-2013, 09:30 PM
What they're looking for is disposable/marketable crap that will sell to a clueless public for a quick(er) profit. Music, as we all once really knew and understood it died back in 2004.

FORD
06-28-2013, 10:10 PM
What they're looking for is disposable/marketable crap that will sell to a clueless public for a quick(er) profit. Music, as we all once really knew and understood it died back in 2004.

Nah, it wasn't 2004. It was 1996. A lot of really bad things happened that year.....

Ramones broke up.
Soundgarden broke up.
Van Halen "reunited", then broke up again.
Bill Clinton signed the "Telecommunications Reform Act" which directly enabled the corporatization of radio.

After all that happened within a year, it's like any thing worthy in music collectively said "fuck it" and gave up. :(

And the fact that both Van Halen and Soundgarden finally came back didn't have the effect I hoped it would. I was thinking two great albums from two classic bands would inspire some new great rock n roll.....

VAiN
06-28-2013, 11:30 PM
Nah, it wasn't 2004. It was 1996. A lot of really bad things happened that year......

Agreed.. from 96-99 all kinds of bad things were going down. limp bizkit??? :sick0020: korn - that whole metal/rap garbage, creed, etc... nightmare!

Kristy
06-29-2013, 01:41 AM
2004 was the birth of the MySpace band thus destroying music forever.

FORD
06-29-2013, 01:50 AM
Hey... let's not knock MySpace now... Joe Thunder launched his "music" career there!

And believe it or not, his fucking page is still up!

https://myspace.com/joethunder303

hambon4lif
06-29-2013, 02:08 AM
Hey... let's not knock MySpace now... Joe Thunder launched his "music" career there!

And believe it or not, his fucking page is still up!

https://myspace.com/joethunder303

At this point, if anyone still has a MySpace page, they deserve to be 'treated' by the sounds of Box Lunch 'music'.

Real music is about to make a major comeback, which means that tubby Joe is going to actually have to go out and find a motherfucking job!!

"Yeah, I want cheese on that! Give me the total when we drive up to the fucking window, round-ass!!"

I knew he wasn't going to amount to shit! I should've punched him in the face when I had the chance. Loser!!

ELVIS
06-29-2013, 08:42 AM
2004 was the birth of the MySpace band thus destroying music forever.

How did it destroy music forever ??

FORD
06-29-2013, 12:52 PM
How did it destroy music forever ??

Well, certain bands who had become parodies of themselves started recruiting new lead singers that way

(The bands formerly known as Yes, Journey, and Boston come to mind, for examples)

Kristy
06-29-2013, 12:58 PM
Because anyone who wanted to be in a band could be in a band. You didn't have to have talent, experience or even pay dues. MySpace was a failed musicians dreamworld

Angel
06-29-2013, 01:02 PM
Because anyone who wanted to be in a band could be in a band. You didn't have to have talent, experience or even pay dues. MySpace was a failed musicians dreamworld

Oh, come on. Prior to MySpace, etc. shitty musicians still formed bands. The only difference is that MySpace and other similar sites gave them a place to share that music.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 4 Beta

LoungeMachine
06-29-2013, 01:33 PM

What were you called?

:gulp:

Maybe I've heard of you.... ;)

Kristy
06-29-2013, 02:07 PM
The only difference is that MySpace and other similar sites gave them a place to share that music.

That is my point, most dog and pony MySpace bands should have never been heard - much less seen. Thus, it killed music as we know it.

envy_me
06-29-2013, 06:31 PM

But you don't have to have talent or play to get a record deal either. Myspace was good because all the bands and musicians that were good but not commercial got a forum. Record companies lost the monopoly to a degree.

envy_me
06-29-2013, 06:33 PM
That is my point, most dog and pony MySpace bands should have never been heard - much less seen. Thus, it killed music as we know it.

Like 95% of the bands with a record deal should have never been heard or seen...

envy_me
06-29-2013, 06:35 PM
Agreed.. from 96-99 all kinds of bad things were going down. limp bizkit??? :sick0020: korn - that whole metal/rap garbage, creed, etc... nightmare!

Oh god yes! All that nu metal crap. Eeew :sick0020:

TFM_Dale
06-29-2013, 07:27 PM

I can handle listening to Korn but I do agree, I'm just saying give me Korn over fuckin Creed any day!

TFM_Dale
06-29-2013, 07:32 PM
Oh, come on. Prior to MySpace, etc. shitty musicians still formed bands. The only difference is that MySpace and other similar sites gave them a place to share that music.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Every decade has had its share of crap no doubt. The difference I see is we haven't had any absolute kick you in the balls holy shit this band fucking rocks music in awhile, we are due for some brand new killer music that is from a brand new band. The whole reality music show pipe line fucking sucks.

ELVIS
07-01-2013, 11:14 AM
And it fucking sucks!!!

Did I mention it sucks ??

Angel
07-01-2013, 02:54 PM

But, it also allowed us to see and hear bands that we never would have. Of course, it's easier for non-musicians. We don't know what mistakes are being made. But I found some great indie bands through various MySpace type sites.

Unchainme
07-03-2013, 05:51 PM
I don't think music is dead right now.

Quite the opposite.

You're seeing quite a few indie and electronic groups that were quite underground now suddenly getting airplay.

Hell, DAFT PUNK is in the Top 5 most played songs in the country right now....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA5PRj7KPkE

...And is releasing stuff that sounds like it came off of an early 80's Police album.

I just thought this video was a good example of how stupid the Karaoke contests are in terms of finding talent.

FORD
07-03-2013, 10:05 PM
That's not bad, but it's pretty much retro 80's synth pop with a 90's hip hop beat mixed in.

Not horrible, but also not horribly original. Don't think it sounds much like the Police at all. Actually, the vocals remind me of early Ministry.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L0q6FQY0Y4

Unchainme
07-03-2013, 10:33 PM
Is that the same ministry that did "Jesus Built My Hot Rod"?

Because if it is, that's even more head scratching then hearing Trent Reznor covering "Der Kommisar" back in the day.

FORD
07-03-2013, 10:36 PM
Is that the same ministry that did "Jesus Built My Hot Rod"?

Because if it is, that's even more head scratching then hearing Trent Reznor covering "Der Kommisar" back in the day.

Yep, it's them. Or at least it's Al Jourgensen singing. He actually went by "Alain" then, to make him seem British along with the fake accent (even though he's from Chicago). I think they went through some personnel changes by the time they fully embraced the industrial-metal hybrid sound about 1988 or so.

Dr. Love
07-03-2013, 11:13 PM
you guys are getting old ... I can only imagine how like your parents you sound when they were your age.

The internet is the greatest thing to happen to music; People are connecting with bands they would have never heard of before, and enjoying content regardless of the big label's interference.

GreenBayLA
07-06-2013, 01:15 AM
Seems like they got it about right to me, this John Lennon guy looks kinda old and his voice is a bit off.

FORD
07-06-2013, 01:55 AM
Ah why the fuck not.... how about some more old Ministry?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGskkcIDdXg