PDA

View Full Version : FUCK these fucking brainwashed and braindead fucking asshole cops!!!

ELVIS
07-02-2013, 09:44 AM
Daily Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2353347/Police-shoot-kill-Rottweiler-street-dog-runs-owner-arrested-obstruction-justice.html)

'All he did was love me': Heartbreaking moment police shoot and kill dog that was defending owner when officers arrested him for FILMING them

The 130-pound, 3-year-old Rottweiler named Max was shot to death after he escaped through a window in a parked car and ran over to his master, Leon Rosby, who was being arrested for filming the scene on his phone.

The video (watch original on YouTube) shows Rosby, 52, walking his dog Sunday around 7 p.m. near a house with several police squad cars parked outside.

He is seen filming the scene in order 'to make sure nobody's civil rights were being violated,' he told DailyBreeze.com.

Rosby is then seen talking to a pair of police officers in the distance.

Hawthorne Police Lt Scott Swain said that officers were warning Rosby to turn down the music in his car.

'It's distracting the officers. It's interfering with what they are able to hear,' Lt Swain said. 'It's not just a party call. It's an armed robbery call. The officers need to hear what's going on with the people being called out of the residence. That music in his car is bleeding over and it's distracting them.'

A neighbor who witnessed the event said they heard Rosby yell 'It's my (expletive) radio!' to officers.

But Rosby said that didn't happen because as a Christian he doesn't swear.

'I do apologize if I didn't immediately comply,' Rosby said. 'The music may have been a little loud but I was complying.'

Eventually the two officers start walking towards Rosby, who puts Max into his car where the windows are rolled down. Rosby seems to calmly walk over to the officers and turn around, volunteering himself for arrest.

As the officers put handcuffs on Rosby, the dog starts barking and manages to jump out of the car. Another police officer comes over and looks like he's trying to grab the leash when the dog jumps up and the officer shoots him several times.

:mad2:

Seshmeister
07-02-2013, 03:26 PM
About 50% the fault of the owner.

Dr. Love
07-02-2013, 03:40 PM
But Rosby said that didn't happen because as a Christian he doesn't swear.

I know a lot of Christians that are going to be very surprised when they hear about this.

Dr. Love
07-02-2013, 03:42 PM
Come to think of it, including ELVIS.

ELVIS
07-02-2013, 03:42 PM
About 50% the fault of the owner.

For what, walking his dog and taking photos ??

ELVIS
07-02-2013, 03:44 PM
Come to think of it, including ELVIS.

Yeah, that's a bunch of bullshit too...

Most Christians are lukewarm dishrags who think not gossiping and not cursing will get them into Heaven...

Seshmeister
07-02-2013, 04:32 PM
For what, walking his dog and taking photos ??

Blasting out shitty music really loud while rubber necking at a crime scene and not securing his animal properly even when he knew the cops were going to take action.

Who walks their dog in a car? He was probably there just to get material for his Facebook.

The cops were assholes too of course.

sadaist
07-02-2013, 04:41 PM
WARNING - GRAPHIC

This fucking little dicked cop shoots this 2 year old dog. What the fuck??!! God fucking damn I hate police more & more every fucking day. Trigger happy dudes with small dicks need to be tough guys. Why the fuck did they arrest this man?

Again, WARNING - this is hard to watch. If you can't handle it, don't watch the last :35 seconds please. But I think everyone should see this and send this police department letters, emails & phone calls. It's the only way to make things change.

sadaist
07-02-2013, 04:50 PM
All the websites are down for these miserable fucks.

Seshmeister
07-02-2013, 05:03 PM
Once you get over the horribleness of seeing a dog shot, there are two sides to this as a poster in another forum writes

I have read a bunch of the comments on here and I am wondering if I watched a different video.

This dog snaps and lunges at two cops that have their hands on someone that was blasting music in the street during a SWAT raid. You understand, if you can't hear, you are at a disadvantage in trying to A) issue orders to citizens that may be in a dangerous area Hear someone that is planning to attack your SWAT members while hiding in a closet C) Record statements made during the investigation.

I know there are a lot of people that hate cops, sometimes rightly so, but come on. This dog jumped out of the car and advanced threateningly, it lunged and the officers backed up, it snapped and the officer defended himself and others. I will tell you in no uncertain terms, while I love animals, HUMANS will always come first.

In closing, what would YOU have done if you had a Cujo coming at you? You aren't outrunning it, especially with a subject in handcuffs. You aren't going hand to hand with it, I assure you when you wrestle with your shitzu at home its not the same. You aren't going to taze it, as someone that has been tazed, I can tell you, if you want to still do something, the X26 aint going to stop you from doing it. So what are you going to do? Also, to speak to the lethality of this animal, he shoots it once and it keeps attacking, ya taze it... sure. Have any of you actually had a dog bite wound?

As an EMT, I can say, they are not pretty and heal even worse, there is a good chance for infection which can turn septic, fuck that. Not worth the chance. Put this Piece of Shit, ratchet ass hood in jail and prevent him from owning another animal, the blood is on his hands. Included is a link to the video I watched, in it, they say several times, this guys music is way too loud. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDBZr4ie2AE&feature=youtu.be

I still think the cop could/should have used a pepper spray or similar.

jhale667
07-02-2013, 05:15 PM
Personally I've never seen a maced or pepper-sprayed dog ( I've seen mail carriers zap a couple over the years) do anything other than run away yelping...

fraroc
07-02-2013, 05:25 PM
This is why I love dogs more that cats. As much as kittens are cute, dogs truly love their owners and as sadly evidenced here, they will take a bullet for you. There is a reason why they're called "Man's Best Friend". I really need to hug my neighbor's dog now :(

And to the cops who killed that dog, :fufu: , :mad2: , :finger33: , :give-the-finger: , :upyours: , :asshole:

sadaist
07-02-2013, 05:48 PM
That "other side" of the story is as fucking stupid as "the other half" was to Van Halen. The guy with the dog did nothing to warrant being arrested which is what fired up the dog in the first place.

Fuck these cops.

Baby's On Fire
07-02-2013, 06:00 PM
Blasting out shitty music really loud while rubber necking at a crime scene and not securing his animal properly even when he knew the cops were going to take action.

Who walks their dog in a car? He was probably there just to get material for his Facebook.

The cops were assholes too of course.

Your mind-boggling, abject stupidity never ceases to amaze me. You've managed to out do yourself. Which is amazing.

I hate cops. I can only hope these cunts get a bullet in the head, like they deserve.

Matt White
07-02-2013, 06:08 PM
Dumb human gets his dog shot..............

that guy deserves to get beat with a club full of nails............................

sadaist
07-02-2013, 06:18 PM
Dumb human gets his dog shot..............

that guy deserves to get beat with a club full of nails............................

WHAT THE FUCK?

you're gonna blame the dude that did nothing but film the police, then when they approached to arrest him he fully cooperated & did not struggle.

Lame dude, seriously lame.

ELVIS
07-02-2013, 06:20 PM
Your mind-boggling, abject stupidity never ceases to amaze me. You've managed to out do yourself. Which is amazing.

Here here...:biggrin:

ODShowtime
07-02-2013, 06:29 PM

I hate cops. I can only hope these cunts get a bullet in the head, like they deserve.

I hate cops too but I hate armed robbers just as much. Wait until someone holds you up and you'd be begging for help.

It's a shame an animal had to die, but based on my understanding, the owner created the situation.

There are a lot of people in a lot of neighborhoods in this country that think it's fun to fuck with the cops while they're working. That is a stupid idea. You don't make eye contact and you comply with their orders and get the fuck out of there and you get to keep your money and sleep in your bed. It's not that difficult. It's common sense actually.

If I was a cop, I wouldn't let some idiot's dog bite me and maybe lose my arm to infection. It almost happened to someone I worked with. Fuck that. That is stupid.

ODShowtime
07-02-2013, 06:30 PM
WHAT THE FUCK?

you're gonna blame the dude that did nothing but film the police

Reading comprehension. The idiot was blasting his music right next to a robbery investigation. Do you really need to have that explained to you? Innocent people could have been hurt because of that noise. People.

ELVIS
07-02-2013, 06:32 PM
How do you know that was his music ??

Watch it from another angle...

ELVIS
07-02-2013, 06:33 PM
Innocent people could have been hurt because of that noise.

You're fucked in the head...

Seshmeister
07-02-2013, 06:34 PM

So now we are going to have a dead dog conspiracy theory...? :D

fraroc
07-02-2013, 06:45 PM

I know that someone is gonna mention this, might as well just start it now and let it run it's course.

Vinnie Vincent.

Seshmeister
07-02-2013, 06:49 PM
If it wasn't his car blasting out the music(and I think the people videoing said specifically it was) then how come we have other angles? Why did the cops who must get filmed all the time these days ignore the other people filming and go for that guy?

Anyway I refuse to be the guy sticking up for asshole cops, I just said that the owner fucked up too.

Seshmeister
07-02-2013, 07:00 PM

ODShowtime
07-02-2013, 07:33 PM

wait say what?

from your own post:

Hawthorne Police Lt Scott Swain said that officers were warning Rosby to turn down the music in his car.

'It's distracting the officers. It's interfering with what they are able to hear,' Lt Swain said. 'It's not just a party call. It's an armed robbery call. The officers need to hear what's going on with the people being called out of the residence. That music in his car is bleeding over and it's distracting them.'

'I do apologize if I didn't immediately comply,' Rosby said. 'The music may have been a little loud but I was complying.'

Am I missing something? Seriously am I? I wasn't trying to get in and insult you but are you fucking retarded?

sadaist
07-02-2013, 07:35 PM
Reading comprehension. The idiot was blasting his music right next to a robbery investigation. Do you really need to have that explained to you? Innocent people could have been hurt because of that noise. People.

Then go to him and have him turn down the music please.

Nah. Black dude THEY ALL KNOW (see article below). He must be arrested. Ni@@?r musta done something wrong right? We'll figure it out down at the station right Jeffrey? Yeah Bob, now lemme shoot his punk ass dog first cause I never have consequences to my actions (again see below article). ...and a horrible shot at that. 4 times point blank & didn't kill the fucking thing...no, it had to writhe in agony on a 100 degree paved road first for a bit.

READ THIS AND BE EVEN MORE DISGUSTED

The cop that shot, OFFICER JEFFREY SALMON, has a history of brutality and costing the department millions of dollars in lawsuits.

http://www.mountainhomenews.com/blogs/1137/entry/53754/

ODShowtime
07-02-2013, 07:38 PM
You're fucked in the head...

FUCK the POLICE.

But cops have a real job to do sometimes. Weren't you an EMT or something? How could you not understand that? I'm just scratching my head here at your reactions. :headscratch:

ODShowtime
07-02-2013, 07:41 PM
Yeah I watched the video now and its disturbing but it doesn't change the facts or that the guy was being an idiot in the first place. He put himself in that situation and his poor friend had to pay for it.

Sensible Shoes
07-02-2013, 08:00 PM
Never mind any of the circumstances, I'm just so sorry I watched that.

Satan
07-02-2013, 08:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dBLF2xF6WQ

fraroc
07-02-2013, 08:08 PM

The cop that shot, OFFICER JEFFREY SALMON, has a history of brutality and costing the department millions of dollars in lawsuits.

Jeffery SALMON?

Let's grill that bitch.

Satan
07-02-2013, 08:17 PM
Jeffery SALMON?

Let's grill that bitch.

Oh, I guarantee you, that will definitely happen when he arrives here. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d010.gif

Then I'm going to turn Cerberus loose on his ass. Let's see how tough he is facing down a three headed dog without his fucking gun.

jhale667
07-02-2013, 08:19 PM
[VIDEO WARNING] Max is Dead: Justified Dog Shooting or Revenge? http://t.co/4MuqKcoNEm— FOX 11 Los Angeles (@myfoxla) July 3, 2013

fraroc
07-02-2013, 08:22 PM
[VIDEO WARNING] Max is Dead: Justified Dog Shooting or Revenge? http://t.co/4MuqKcoNEm— FOX 11 Los Angeles (@myfoxla) July 3, 2013

FOX can go fucking shove a broom up their asses.

jhale667
07-02-2013, 08:26 PM
FOX can go fucking shove a broom up their asses.

Totally agree on FAUX, but how much you want to bet the ASPCA and PETA get involved once this goes national? Douchebag cop may finally get kicked off the force, which from Sada's linked article would save L.A. County $$. Fuck him. The dog's owner certainly is partly at fault too, but the cop is a trigger-happy douche from all accounts.

Seshmeister
07-02-2013, 08:46 PM
Then go to him and have him turn down the music please.

Nah. Black dude THEY ALL KNOW (see article below). He must be arrested. Ni@@?r musta done something wrong right? We'll figure it out down at the station right Jeffrey? Yeah Bob, now lemme shoot his punk ass dog first cause I never have consequences to my actions (again see below article). ...and a horrible shot at that. 4 times point blank & didn't kill the fucking thing...no, it had to writhe in agony on a 100 degree paved road first for a bit.

It always pisses me off when police forces settle actions out of court with taxpayers money.

Either they are guilty in which case I want them prosecuted in public or they are innocent and I don't want my money wasted.

But also from the article

Rosby has a history with the Hawthorne Police Department. He has several convictions and has filed six complaints against the agency for mistreatment and racial profiling. He also claims that in March officers broke one of his ribs when they responded to a domestic violence disturbance at his house, nearby where his dog was shot.

Rottweilers are actually banned here and many countries have special laws whereby they have to be muzzled or whatever.

jhale667
07-02-2013, 08:51 PM
Rottweilers are actually banned here and many countries have special laws whereby they have to be muzzled or whatever.

People could care less about Rotts here, they're terrified of Pitbulls.

Nickdfresh
07-02-2013, 08:55 PM

I'm petty sure there was a second shooter in the bushes. And a third one under the street lamp...

Nickdfresh
07-02-2013, 08:58 PM
People could care less about Rotts here, they're terrified of Pitbulls.

I'm more afraid of rotts. But then, I'm afraid of the basic stupidity of the idiots who own about 75% of these types of dogs because they think it makes them some sort of badass...

jhale667
07-02-2013, 09:08 PM
I'm more afraid of rotts. But then, I'm afraid of the basic stupidity of the idiots who own about 75% of these types of dogs because they think it makes them some sort of badass...

Anybody that has one for that reason, and/or trains/abuses them to the point they become vicious is a scumbag.

FORD
07-02-2013, 09:13 PM
Saw a rottie yesterday while walking through the park. Poor guy was panting so hard in the 90-something degree heat he looked about as threatening as a poodle.

Big dogs don't scare me all that much. Only one dog ever left a scar on my body and that was a goddamned Pekingnese. A St. Bernard scared the crap out of me once, but that's because I was 5 years old and a lot smaller than him. He was just being friendly, of course.

DLR Bridge
07-02-2013, 09:27 PM
...But then, I'm afraid of the basic stupidity of the idiots who own about 75% of these types of dogs because they think it makes them some sort of badass...

It's unfortunate about how scared shitless most people have become over certain dogs because of the said idiots. I own a Pit-Bull who's about to turn 11 and is still just a happy, well trained, playful puppy that hardly ever barks and barely even reacts to others walking by. I'm constantly explaining to people (as they march to the other side of the street) that it's all in how they're brought up.

Granted, I hate the name pit-bull, I mean, how can you not think of a bull being dropped in a pit to fight another bull? Poor name choice indeed.

Seshmeister
07-02-2013, 09:44 PM
When my kids were really young in the park I would look at the owner rather than the breed of dog and use that to judge whether I needed to worry or not...

Romeo Delight
07-02-2013, 09:57 PM
Knew a male pit bull fairly well...saw it every month for a couple of years...well one summer I was petting the other dog in the house...a female dog.
I went to go to the kitchen and got to within 10 feet of the male pit bull.

Let's just say he came within 1/2 inch of letting me know what he could have done with my most vital appendage. He was so fast he was back sitting down before I could even react - leapt 10 feet in a millisecond. I guess she was in heat...damn that was scary

I don't think that an animal that dangerous and unable to avoid that ever-present breed-response (or better put inproperly bred response) has a place other than deep woods or on your heavily gated property. Just last month yet another perfect, well-adjusted and calm pit-bull mauled a 7 year old girl where I live. What exactly do we need again to realize some things are just broken? And yes I know there are wonderful pit bulls. I have played with many. What happens if you are the one to meet the next "model citizen " who snaps?

Seshmeister
07-02-2013, 10:22 PM
Yeah I should emphasise I'm talking about the difference between gathering up the kids and getting them the fuck out of there v. just keeping a constant watch.

I would never have left them alone for a second in a room with one of those breeds I don't care what reassurances I got.

I had a drummer in the band at one point who deliberately put a dog biscuit on my lap to demonstrate that his 200lb rottweiler wouldn't bite my cock off, it would just lunge and snap the biscuit up in a mad flurry of teeth.

What a bastard that guy was, I nearly had a stroke... :)

Matt White
07-02-2013, 10:42 PM
WHAT THE FUCK?

you're gonna blame the dude that did nothing but film the police, then when they approached to arrest him he fully cooperated & did not struggle.

Lame dude, seriously lame.

I'm gonna blame a grown adult American Male for rolling up on a police site...IN PROGRESS...and blasting his damn music....AND not having enough God given intelligence to role his FUCKING windows up and protect his completely 1000% innocent dog..........

that guy is a fucking stupid motherfucker who should be charged with cruelty to animals.....and then beaten with a baseball bat full of rusty nails

FORD
07-02-2013, 10:44 PM
Pit bulls definitely have a split personality when other dogs are involved.

Had neighbors with a pit when I was a kid. The dog was a bit of a doofus and completely harmless on his own. But when their cousins came to visit, and they had the dog's brother with them (who apparently was also harmless enough by himself) the two dogs together became raging insane attack animals. Scared the shit out of my mom when she was taking out the trash one morning. They both charged her with no provocation whatsoever. Fortunately she managed to get rid of them by throwing some fire wood at their heads. She also yelled loud enough to get the neighbor's attention, and he was frankly shocked to see the dog act like that. He didn't take any chances on a second episode.... the dog was gone that same day. His kids weren't too happy about it, but they probably wouldn't have been happy with their throats ripped out either.

So I guess the key to owning pit bulls is to only own ONE of them?

sadaist
07-03-2013, 02:15 AM
It just makes my blood boil. As hard as I fought and as much money as I spent to try to save my dogs lives, and this fucker takes one out in 2 seconds for some bullshit. Taking a life is easy. Saving one not so much.

LoungeMachine
07-03-2013, 02:27 AM
Blasting out shitty music really loud

Volume is one thing...

:gulp:

But if shitty music is now a crime, I have a few citizen-arrest warrants to serve....

LoungeMachine
07-03-2013, 02:35 AM
It just makes my blood boil. As hard as I fought and as much money as I spent to try to save my dogs lives, and this fucker takes one out in 2 seconds for some bullshit. Taking a life is easy. Saving one not so much.

And you don't hold the owner in any way accountable?

sadaist
07-03-2013, 03:29 AM
And you don't hold the owner in any way accountable?

Absolutely I do. He made a lot of mistakes. He shouldn't have stopped so close, he should have secured his dog, he should not have played the music so loud. He was taunting the police....just look at his history with them. He knew exactly what he was asking for.

I just believe from what I have seen that the 1 cop was way out of line here. And reading about his history just solidifies that belief.

But we could also blame rape victims. She shouldn't have drank so much, she shouldn't have worn such revealing clothes, she shouldn't have flirted so much with that guy....

sadaist
07-03-2013, 03:31 AM
So what if the guy was asking for it? The police are supposed to be held to a different standard and be highly trained. This is why we entrust them with authority & weapons.

DLR Bridge
07-03-2013, 05:44 AM
Knew a male pit bull fairly well...saw it every month for a couple of years...well one summer I was petting the other dog in the house...a female dog.
I went to go to the kitchen and got to within 10 feet of the male pit bull.

Let's just say he came within 1/2 inch of letting me know what he could have done with my most vital appendage. He was so fast he was back sitting down before I could even react - leapt 10 feet in a millisecond. I guess she was in heat...damn that was scary

I don't think that an animal that dangerous and unable to avoid that ever-present breed-response (or better put inproperly bred response) has a place other than deep woods or on your heavily gated property. Just last month yet another perfect, well-adjusted and calm pit-bull mauled a 7 year old girl where I live. What exactly do we need again to realize some things are just broken? And yes I know there are wonderful pit bulls. I have played with many. What happens if you are the one to meet the next "model citizen " who snaps?

So you're saying that each and every pit bull is a potential snap case and is a breed no one should own as a pet? I couldn't disagree more. There are many stories of pits doing something heroic, but for some reason, those stories just don't sell like the ones about little girls being attacked.

ELVIS
07-03-2013, 08:59 AM
This is why we entrust them with authority & weapons.

I don't entrust them with shit...

ELVIS
07-03-2013, 08:59 AM
There are many stories of pits doing something heroic, but for some reason, those stories just don't sell like the ones about little girls being attacked.

I love dogs...

Let's hear one...

ELVIS
07-03-2013, 09:02 AM
It just makes my blood boil.

Mine too...

I had a fucking breakdown yesterday morning when I found that clip...

I'd take a fucking bullet for my dogs...

Fuck that motherfucker !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DLR Bridge
07-03-2013, 09:07 AM
I love dogs...

Let's hear one...

Google pit bull saves, select any drop down box and enjoy. Smart ass.

ELVIS
07-03-2013, 09:10 AM
I don't want to google it, I'd like to hear one you know about...

I'm not saying it's not true...

ELVIS
07-03-2013, 09:11 AM
And fuck google too...

www.startpage.com

Seshmeister
07-03-2013, 09:11 AM
Mine too...

Oh wake up!

19 000 children died needlessly in the world yesterday and you are blubbing over a criminal's dog?

ELVIS
07-03-2013, 09:17 AM
Me wake up ??

How 'bout you ship some GMO poison corn to some starving kids somewhere and watch them be sterile and full of cancer...

Then you can ship them some Big Pharma poison and vaccines to finish them off...

DLR Bridge
07-03-2013, 09:23 AM
I don't want to google it, I'd like to hear one you know about...

I'm not saying it's not true...

I know of many and I'm at work. If you want me to write out stories that I know (that I've read while researching), you'll have to wait.

DLR Bridge
07-03-2013, 09:25 AM
And fuck google too...

www.startpage.com

Whichever you choose.

ELVIS
07-03-2013, 09:27 AM
I know of many and I'm at work.

I guess I gotta call bullshit then...:biggrin:

jhale667
07-03-2013, 09:45 AM
Too lazy to do his own research... sounds like a legit reason to call BS... :rolleyes: Here you go, Goobs..let me google that for you. (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Pitbull+saves+child)

DLR Bridge
07-03-2013, 09:53 AM
I guess I gotta call bullshit then...:biggrin:

Super dog! Takes a bullet to save SI rob victim
By JAMIE SCHRAM, LIZ SADLER and BILL SANDERSON
Last Updated: 4:11 AM, April 4, 2012

This Staten Island pooch took a bullet to the head to save his owner — and lived to bark about it.
Kilo, a 12-year-old pit bull, was shot during a terrifying home invasion robbery attempt as he lunged at a thug posing as a FedEx deliveryman.
The bullet amazingly ricocheted off Kilo’s skull and exited through his neck — sparing the dog from certain death.
“This is like, one in a million,” said Dr. Greg Panarello, whose veterinary clinic operated on Kilo. “He’s very lucky.”
The hospital’s staff was so impressed, they put a little “S” on his bandage — for “superhero.” Panarello called him “a really sweet dog.”
The drama unfolded at around 5 p.m. Saturday when the fake deliveryman pushed his way into the apartment on Lambert Street in Graniteville after claiming he had a package.
Justin Becker, 32, shoved the thug to the ground, and pushed the door into his body — jamming the gunman as he lay halfway inside the apartment.
That’s when Kilo sprang into action.
“My dog stuck his head out the door, and then [the thug] shot him in the head,” Becker said. The coward then ran off.
Becker’s girlfriend, Nicole Percoco, thought there was no way Kilo would survive.
“Hold him in your arms. Let him die in your arms,” she told him. But Becker refused to give up on his best friend.
“I’m not going to let him die,” he said.
He picked up Kilo and rushed him to South Shore Animal Hospital in New Dorp.
An X-ray showed the bullet entered Kilo’s head but never penetrated his skull.
There was a lot of swelling, but no fracture to the bone, said Panarello. It also looks like Kilo didn’t suffer any injury to his brain.
Kilo’s back home now — with painkillers and antibiotics, and under orders to rest up. He's got a cone around his neck to restrict his movement, and a drain for his wounds.

DLR Bridge
07-03-2013, 10:07 AM
Can I get a FUCK YEAH!!!!
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/03/y7u9ynup.jpg

Angel
07-03-2013, 10:11 AM
Here's a good one:
http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_4095627

Fort Collins -A family's pit bull saved a 9-year-old from being abducted from his backyard, and police searched Tuesday for the suspect.

"Destiny" came to the aid of the boy Monday night as a stranger allegedly was pulling him over the fence. The dog charged the assailant, who let go of the child and fled, according to the family."I got her to protect my kids," Wayne Myers, the boy's father, said of his 2-year-old dog. "I love pit bulls to death."

Myers said he became aware that something was wrong while working on a car in his driveway in the 3000 block of West Laporte Avenue about 7:20 p.m."Destiny started barking, and it wasn't playful," Myers said.Myers said he ran through his house and into the backyard and saw a man he described as about 6 feet tall, in his mid-30s, weighing about 160 pounds, balding with brown hair and a mustache and wearing a blue T-shirt and jean shorts, walking away through a neighbor's yard.

Myers instructed his sons to go inside while he told a roommate to call the police.But while the boy was picking up toys, the man returned and attempted to pull the boy over the fence while covering his mouth, Myers said. Destiny's response saved the boy from further harm, the family believes."That's what I got her for," Myers said. "That's what I trained her to do."

Larimer County deputies and investigators responded to the incident and swept the area with a canine team but were unable to find the man."We have gotten a composite sketch, are going door to door with it and are checking all of the registered sex offenders in the area," said Eloise Campanella, public information officer for the Larimer County Sheriff's Office. Campanella also said sheriff's deputies have increased their patrols of the area.

"In Larimer County, this is certainly an odd event," Campanella said.The boy, whom the family has asked not be identified, was in relatively good shape Tuesday after a night without sleep, according to Myers."He is an extremely tough kid," Myers said. "He takes this stuff better than I do."

ELVIS
07-03-2013, 10:13 AM
So if you live where Pumas are a problem it's good to have a pitbull...:biggrn:

And I wonder how Kilo got is name...

:elvis:

fraroc
07-03-2013, 10:25 AM
Super dog! Takes a bullet to save SI rob victim
By JAMIE SCHRAM, LIZ SADLER and BILL SANDERSON
Last Updated: 4:11 AM, April 4, 2012

This Staten Island pooch took a bullet to the head to save his owner — and lived to bark about it.
Kilo, a 12-year-old pit bull, was shot during a terrifying home invasion robbery attempt as he lunged at a thug posing as a FedEx deliveryman.
The bullet amazingly ricocheted off Kilo’s skull and exited through his neck — sparing the dog from certain death.
“This is like, one in a million,” said Dr. Greg Panarello, whose veterinary clinic operated on Kilo. “He’s very lucky.”
The hospital’s staff was so impressed, they put a little “S” on his bandage — for “superhero.” Panarello called him “a really sweet dog.”
The drama unfolded at around 5 p.m. Saturday when the fake deliveryman pushed his way into the apartment on Lambert Street in Graniteville after claiming he had a package.
Justin Becker, 32, shoved the thug to the ground, and pushed the door into his body — jamming the gunman as he lay halfway inside the apartment.
That’s when Kilo sprang into action.
“My dog stuck his head out the door, and then [the thug] shot him in the head,” Becker said. The coward then ran off.
Becker’s girlfriend, Nicole Percoco, thought there was no way Kilo would survive.
“Hold him in your arms. Let him die in your arms,” she told him. But Becker refused to give up on his best friend.
“I’m not going to let him die,” he said.
He picked up Kilo and rushed him to South Shore Animal Hospital in New Dorp.
An X-ray showed the bullet entered Kilo’s head but never penetrated his skull.
There was a lot of swelling, but no fracture to the bone, said Panarello. It also looks like Kilo didn’t suffer any injury to his brain.
Kilo’s back home now — with painkillers and antibiotics, and under orders to rest up. He's got a cone around his neck to restrict his movement, and a drain for his wounds.

Dogs are the fucking BEST.

Romeo Delight
07-03-2013, 10:31 AM
So you're saying that each and every pit bull is a potential snap case and is a breed no one should own as a pet? I couldn't disagree more. There are many stories of pits doing something heroic, but for some reason, those stories just don't sell like the ones about little girls being attacked.

That's why we can discuss it here...I am not convincing you, nor do I want to.

I am no dog breeder historian, but I think it's fair to say there were probably not the best of motives when breeders developed. From here:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_were_pit_bulls_originally_bred_to_do

They were originally bred to do bull baiting (when a dog grabs a bull by the nose and doesn't let go so that the person castrating a bull doesn't get gored). But then people turned it into a sport where the dog and bull would get into a pit and fight; that's where the name Pit Bull came from. But after that was outlawed they began breeding them to fight each other. Any human-aggressive pits were immediately shot.
Despite their gruesome past and present (in some cases), Pit Bulls can make great pets. They were especially bred not to be aggressive to humans, but can still have animal aggression. With proper training, socialization, and care they can be the most wonderful companions and family members.

I guess I am just not prepared to let dumb-ass humans with serious lack of judgment take this aggressive and powerful animal to a park where kids are. Sure there are great pit bulls, but you can't tell me you haven;t heard of several maulings of innocent kids from previously perfectly friendly pit bulls.

It's not the dog's fault - they were bred to be nasty...sorry it is the hard truth, but that doesn't mean we allow them to hurt innocent kids. When they attack, the results are life-long injuries and scars (hopefully not death) That has to be taken into account

sadaist
07-03-2013, 11:07 AM
Mine too...

I'd take a fucking bullet for my dogs...

Fuck that motherfucker !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah man, I feel exactly the same. I liked my dogs more than I like people. In fact I like most animals more than I like most people nowadays. So I totally understand why a few of us are raging over this. People suck lol.

ELVIS
07-03-2013, 11:10 AM
Amen to that...

sadaist
07-03-2013, 11:10 AM
Oh wake up!

19 000 children died needlessly in the world yesterday and you are blubbing over a criminal's dog?

The world is a fucked up place Sesh. I can only rage over what is put in front of my eyes each day. Lives are so busy nowadays just to scrape by and not become a statistic (or at least not feel like one) that we barely have time to decompress for an hour or 2 before we sleep so we can do it all over again. You want us to rage about children dying in the world? Put it in front of us.

http://alphaleon.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/kevin-carter-vulture1.jpg

ps - I personally look at this photo when I'm at my lowest & think my life sucks. Makes me realize that even at my worst levels of suck that I was still quite blessed. The guy who took the photo ended up committing suicide over it.

DLR Bridge
07-03-2013, 11:13 AM
That's why we can discuss it here...I am not convincing you, nor do I want to.

I am no dog breeder historian, but I think it's fair to say there were probably not the best of motives when breeders developed. From here:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_were_pit_bulls_originally_bred_to_do

They were originally bred to do bull baiting (when a dog grabs a bull by the nose and doesn't let go so that the person castrating a bull doesn't get gored). But then people turned it into a sport where the dog and bull would get into a pit and fight; that's where the name Pit Bull came from. But after that was outlawed they began breeding them to fight each other. Any human-aggressive pits were immediately shot.
Despite their gruesome past and present (in some cases), Pit Bulls can make great pets. They were especially bred not to be aggressive to humans, but can still have animal aggression. With proper training, socialization, and care they can be the most wonderful companions and family members.

I guess I am just not prepared to let dumb-ass humans with serious lack of judgment take this aggressive and powerful animal to a park where kids are. Sure there are great pit bulls, but you can't tell me you haven;t heard of several maulings of innocent kids from previously perfectly friendly pit bulls.

It's not the dog's fault - they were bred to be nasty...sorry it is the hard truth, but that doesn't mean we allow them to hurt innocent kids. When they attack, the results are life-long injuries and scars (hopefully not death) That has to be taken into account

It's all in how you train them, raise them. Got mine at ten weeks old and trained him for a year and a half. I'm not buying into the notion that if my dog's parents and grand parents were forced to fight other dogs by their asshole owners in Newark NJ, that by default, he is a walking liability to the safety of people, mainly kids.

ELVIS
07-03-2013, 11:15 AM
LA 2009 (http://www.prweb.com/releases/2009/02/prweb1946004.htm)

i]The Hawthorne Police Department paid One Million Dollars to a Settle Lawsuit in which it was alleged a man was kicked in the face while handcuffed and then falsely prosecuted along with his wife to cover up the brutality. Evidence the plaintiffs were prepared to present at trial included a photograph of an officer appearing to kick the handcuffed plaintiff in the face and a surveillance video allegedly depicting officers high-fiving each other as the injured plaintiff suffered from a broken jaw.[/i]

The Hawthorne Police Department paid One Million Dollars to a Settle Lawsuit in which it was alleged a man was kicked in the face while handcuffed and then falsely prosecuted along with his wife to cover up the brutality. Evidence the plaintiffs were prepared to present at trial included a photograph of an officer appearing to kick the handcuffed plaintiff in the face and a surveillance video allegedly depicting officers high-fiving each other as the injured plaintiff suffered from a broken jaw.

After approval by the City Council, Hawthorne paid $1,000,000, (one million dollars) to settle Goodrow v. Hawthorne Police Department, Case No. CV- 07-5253 (VBV), on the eve of trial in United States District Court, Central District of California, the Honorable Judge Valerie Baker Fairbank presiding.

Officers Ian Elliot, Thomas Heffner, Melanie Newenham, Renee Descant, Jeffrey Salmon, David Gregor and Jailer Darnell Wallace were among defendants named in the lawsuit. The plaintiffs Anthony Goodrow and Karla Henriquez Goodrow sued the Hawthorne Police Officers for alleged deprivation of their civil rights resulting from excessive force, denial of medical treatment and malicious prosecution, stemming from an incident that occurred at a party on July 21, 2006.

On July 21, 2006, the Hawthorne Police Department received a loud noise complaint. Plaintiffs contend that in shutting down the party, officers beat plaintiff Anthony Goodrow, handcuffed him and then continued to beat him. It was further alleged that while Mr. Goodrow was handcuffed and face down on the cement, an Officer kicked Mr. Goodrow in the face breaking his jaw. Mr. Goodrow alleged he was arrested and taken to the jail instead of the hospital causing a delay in medical treatment. The wife of Mr. Goodrow, Karla Henriquez Goodrow, alleged she witnessed part of the beating and screamed for officers to stop. She alleged they arrested her and falsely charged her with public intoxication.

The Goodrows were then prosecuted in criminal court. Ultimately the criminal charges against Mr. Goodrow were dismissed. The case against Mrs. Goodrow proceeded to trial and she was acquitted. After the acquittal the Goodrows filed a federal lawsuit against the officers for deprivation of civil rights, excessive force, malicious prosecution and denial of medical treatment.

Attorney's Glen Jonas and Christopher Driscoll (from the law firm of Jonas & Driscoll L.L.P.) litigated the civil action to its successful conclusion. Todd Melnik was the attorney who successfully defended the plaintiffs in the original criminal matters, enabling the firm of Jonas & Driscoll to litigate the civil rights action against the defendant police officers.

In April 2008, the law firm of Jonas & Driscoll L.L.P. attained a $4.5 million dollar jury verdict against Bell Gardens Police Officers. In July 2009, Jonas & Driscoll L.L.P. will bring to trial L.A. County Sheriff's Deputies accused of viciously beating Deon Dirks.

If you need further information, contact Glen Jonas at 213-683-2033

vandeleur
07-03-2013, 11:20 AM
Fuck sadaist, that is a heart wrenching picture .
Puts a lot of shit in to perspective .

ELVIS
07-03-2013, 11:22 AM
I'm not buying into the notion that if my dog's parents and grand parents were forced to fight other dogs by their asshole owners in Newark NJ, that by default, he is a walking liability to the safety of people, mainly kids.

Either way...

If I'm out with my dogs and I see a pit, I go the other way...

I don't need to find out if he's nice or not...

And I like all dogs...

ELVIS
07-03-2013, 11:24 AM

And it wouldn't be like that if the so called government "aid" money got to the people...

The money goes to the war lords who could care less about that kid...

vandeleur
07-03-2013, 11:25 AM
There is a lot of truth in that E

DLR Bridge
07-03-2013, 11:30 AM
Either way...

If I'm out with my dogs and I see a pit, I go the other way...

I don't need to find out if he's nice or not...

And I like all dogs...

I understand the apprehension and it is unfortunate that, not only the bad rap, but the fact that there are so many asshole owners out there, it is better to be safe than sorry.

I'm sure our dogs would get along just fine.

ELVIS
07-03-2013, 11:33 AM
Mine are friendly but very protective...

ELVIS
07-03-2013, 11:33 AM
I'm sure our dogs would get along just fine.

Sure, I love 'em...

I even babysit dogs from time to time...

ELVIS
07-03-2013, 11:34 AM
Or is it dog sit ??

:biggrin:

sadaist
07-03-2013, 12:23 PM

Exactly. When I've been flat broke, depressed, and feel like I have been dealt the worst hand ever I look at that photo. Makes my problems seem miniscule.

sadaist
07-03-2013, 12:26 PM
Mine are friendly but very protective...

The way all dogs normally are. I was 4 when I learned not to reach my hand to a strange dogs face. This cop reached out to the dog and the dog did not like it. That part pisses me off. Dog came out, owner calmed him and dog starts sniffing ground again, cop reaches to strange dogs face and then BAM BAM BAM BAM. Totally could have been avoided.

fraroc
07-03-2013, 02:57 PM
The only breed of dog I do NOT like are Pomeranians, I know Kody Van Halen is a Pom and he's very adorable, but both of my grandma's Pomeranians, Isis and Maxie were two of the meanest, nastiest, most evil puppies I have ever encountered, they both HATED me. However both of them died and now she has this absolutley adorable chihuahua/mini-pinscher mix named Cleo.

However, if I were to get a dog, I'd get either German Shepherd/Husky mix or an Alaskan Malamute. I was looking at wolfdog hybrids, but I heard that pet wolves tend to be VERY cat-like in terms of they don't like to socialize with other people at all and they're very independent.

clarathecarrot
07-03-2013, 03:11 PM
First of all...It is impossible to "Murder a Dog" whoever wrote that, well......that is part of what is wrong with the world these days.

Second of all..that dude was asking for it..who walks toward the godamned cops and starts filming ... fuck that asshole.

Third of all.... cops are the most fucked up assholes to have a job and most of them are pussies who never kissed a girl till he was able to place his hand on a gun and then qualify himself as a man.

I have posted about the cops so concerned about a stolen car they were so concerned about it they ran their cop cars into it then shot it 75 times 20 or so of the bullets killing the black lady car thief...90% of cops should be fired and the rest should have their guns taken away.

The glutted city councils of this country and their way to many sadistic officers ( my city isn't 6 sq miles 35 officers on the payroll and 20 cop cars 15 cycles and 10 dodge challengers sitting in the parking lot waiting to become cop cars) ...who kills for traffic violations...cops and your city council.

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?66227-I-Am-NOT-George

DLR Bridge
07-03-2013, 03:18 PM
Yeah, your "first of all" makes zero sense.

clarathecarrot
07-03-2013, 03:23 PM
It is impossible to "murder" a non-human.

Or perhaps you are from the land where the dogs advocate will prosecute the crime and maybe write a book and then make a movie deal while the dog killer gets the goddamned 30 years to life for, murder.

Oh wait happends every day here in America animals elevated over humans by queer thinking liberal utopians.

PETE'S BROTHER
07-03-2013, 03:30 PM
Yeah, your "first of all" makes zero sense.

"MURDER" having a human connotation

DLR Bridge
07-03-2013, 03:36 PM
It is impossible to "murder" a non-human.

Or perhaps you are from the land where the dogs advocate will prosecute the crime and maybe write a book and then make a movie deal while the dog killer gets the goddamned 30 years to life for, murder.

Oh wait happends every day here in America animals elevated over humans by queer thinking liberal utopians.

No vegetable man. I just couldn't understand what the hell you wrote. You are correct. The word killing applies to animals.

clarathecarrot
07-03-2013, 03:42 PM
I am rather black and white. I should be a little more grey in my opinions...no harsh on you, Bridge.

Seshmeister
07-03-2013, 03:43 PM
http://www.dogsbite.org/img/2012-fatality-chart.gif

US 2012 dog bite fatalities

Information gathered by DogsBite.org is verifiable through Internet archive services. Our Fatality Citations section documents each source used in our dog bite-related fatality research.

2012 statistics

38 U.S. fatal dog attacks occurred in 2012.2 Despite being regulated in Military Housing areas and over 600 U.S. cities, pit bulls contributed to 61% (23) of these deaths. Pit bulls make up less than 5% of the total U.S. dog population.

Together, pit bulls (23) and rottweilers (3), the second most lethal dog breed, accounted for 68% of all fatal attacks in 2012. In the 8-year period from 2005 to 2012, this combination accounted for 73% of the total recorded deaths.

The breakdown between pit bulls and rottweilers is substantial over this 8-year period. From 2005 to 2012, pit bulls killed 151 Americans, about one citizen every 19 days, versus rottweilers, which killed 32, about one citizen every 91 days.

Annual data from 2012 shows that 50% (19) of the victims were adults, 21-years and older, and the other half were children, ages 8-years and younger. Of the total children killed by dogs in 2012, 79% (15) were ages 2-years and younger.

Annual data also shows that males were more often victims, 61% (23), than females. The majority of male victims, 61% (14), were ages 8-years and younger. Of the total female victims, only 33% (5) fell into this same age group.

fraroc
07-03-2013, 03:51 PM

Stay Krusty, now.

PETE'S BROTHER
07-03-2013, 03:52 PM
Stay Krusty, now.

he would love that

ELVIS
07-03-2013, 04:02 PM
Stay Krusty, now.

And Stay Krusty now...

jhale667
07-03-2013, 04:27 PM
The only breed of dog I do NOT like are Pomeranians, I know Kody Van Halen is a Pom and he's very adorable, but both of my grandma's Pomeranians, Isis and Maxie were two of the meanest, nastiest, most evil puppies I have ever encountered, they both HATED me. However both of them died and now she has this absolutley adorable chihuahua/mini-pinscher mix named Cleo.

However, if I were to get a dog, I'd get either German Shepherd/Husky mix or an Alaskan Malamute. I was looking at wolfdog hybrids, but I heard that pet wolves tend to be VERY cat-like in terms of they don't like to socialize with other people at all and they're very independent.

I've only met one wolf hybrid (belonged to the singer of an 80s band I'm friendly with) and he wasn't cat-like at all IMO except for the fact that he didn't bark. Was easily 10x smarter than any dog I've ever encountered. First time I met him my friend says to him, without introducing me "Hey, show J your teeth" - it automatically figures "J" must be the new guy in the room, calmly walks over and bares his teeth at me. Biggest incisors I've ever seen. I was like "Oh, shit." Then he lays his (gigantic) head in my lap as if to say "Aw, it's OK buddy, I'm not gonna eat ya...wanna pet me?" He was huge, and the only word I can think of to describe him is ... majestic. Thing watched like a hawk when people were talking, and turned to look at each person as they spoke as if he was following the conversation... You could just look in his eyes and tell there was something going on behind them, way more than the usual "Duh, do you have food, or a ball, per chance?" One of the coolest animals I've ever met.

ELVIS
07-03-2013, 04:32 PM
Thing watched like a hawk when people were talking, and turned to look at each person as they spoke as if he was following the conversation...

My chocolate lab does that...

PETE'S BROTHER
07-03-2013, 04:36 PM
everything jay said reminds me of "Timber", my friend's wolf hybrid. soooo above average dog smart/awareness. i have some pics somewhere....

Seshmeister
07-03-2013, 04:40 PM
My chocolate lab does that...

All the more clever given you guys wear white hoods...

fraroc
07-03-2013, 04:45 PM
That's VERY cool and I love wolfdogs but I still wouldn't want one in my house. Ceasar Milan the Dog Whisperer said that Wolfdogs that are mostly wolf are not like domesticated dogs at all and are usually owned by stupid people that don't know how to take care of a tamed wild animal. Its very tragic to hear the number of beautiful wolfdogs that die every year because their owners buy them because A. They think they're just like dogs and B. They want to look badass (like stupid pit bull owners) One of the common behaviors of wolfdogs that are more than half-wolf is that they begin to destroy the house which makes them get agressive agressive when told "NO!" by their owner, they either maul or get very nasty with their owner and instead of giving him to a wildlife shelter LIKE THEY SHOULD, they give them to dog pounds which usually put them down on the spot, soley due to the fact that they are wolfdog hybrids.

I would love to own one if I knew how to take care of it though. I'll probably end up settling for a German Shepherd or a Husky.

jhale667
07-03-2013, 04:47 PM
everything jay said reminds me of "Timber", my friend's wolf hybrid. soooo above average dog smart/awareness. i have some pics somewhere....

I was reading something on a school of thought that suggests domestication dulls intelligence and senses... and it suggested wolves have something like 70% better acuity sense-wise, and are probably that much smarter than dogs, too...

PETE'S BROTHER
07-03-2013, 04:48 PM
That's VERY cool and I love wolfdogs but I still wouldn't want one in my house. Ceasar Milan the Dog Whisperer said that Wolfdogs that are mostly wolf are not like domesticated dogs at all and are usually owned by stupid people that don't know how to take care of a tamed wild animal. Its very tragic to hear the number of beautiful wolfdogs that die every year because their owners buy them because A. They think they're just like dogs and B. They want to look badass (like stupid pit bull owners) One of the common behaviors of wolfdogs that are more than half-wolf is that they begin to destroy the house which makes them get agressive agressive when told "NO!" by their owner, they either maul or get very nasty with their owner and instead of giving him to a wildlife shelter LIKE THEY SHOULD, they give them to dog pounds which usually put them down on the spot, soley due to the fact that they are wolfdog hybrids.

I would love to own one if I knew how to take care of it though. I'll probably end up settling for a German Shepherd or a Husky.

not for nothin', there are rescues for every breed in every town. timber never "destroyed" anything unless it had fur. the majority is how they are raised.

Romeo Delight
07-03-2013, 04:51 PM
http://www.dogsbite.org/img/2012-fatality-chart.gif

US 2012 dog bite fatalities

Information gathered by DogsBite.org is verifiable through Internet archive services. Our Fatality Citations section documents each source used in our dog bite-related fatality research.

2012 statistics

38 U.S. fatal dog attacks occurred in 2012.2 Despite being regulated in Military Housing areas and over 600 U.S. cities, pit bulls contributed to 61% (23) of these deaths. Pit bulls make up less than 5% of the total U.S. dog population.

Together, pit bulls (23) and rottweilers (3), the second most lethal dog breed, accounted for 68% of all fatal attacks in 2012. In the 8-year period from 2005 to 2012, this combination accounted for 73% of the total recorded deaths.

The breakdown between pit bulls and rottweilers is substantial over this 8-year period. From 2005 to 2012, pit bulls killed 151 Americans, about one citizen every 19 days, versus rottweilers, which killed 32, about one citizen every 91 days.

Annual data from 2012 shows that 50% (19) of the victims were adults, 21-years and older, and the other half were children, ages 8-years and younger. Of the total children killed by dogs in 2012, 79% (15) were ages 2-years and younger.

Annual data also shows that males were more often victims, 61% (23), than females. The majority of male victims, 61% (14), were ages 8-years and younger. Of the total female victims, only 33% (5) fell into this same age group.

Pit bulls are less than 5% of dog population but account for 61% of deaths? I don't think there is much more to be said. There really isn't a second place here...38 fatalities - 23 from pit bulls. Yeah, that's a problem. Half are children 8 years of age or younger. Sorry, this isn't ok

ELVIS
07-03-2013, 04:52 PM
All the more clever given you guys wear white hoods...

This of course means WAR !!!

:biggrin:

ELVIS
07-03-2013, 04:53 PM
You're lucky I'm a nice guy...;)

jhale667
07-03-2013, 04:53 PM

Interesting... my friend's lived into its teens IIRC and he never mentioned any aggressive behavior like that... He was already older when I met him but he just seemed to like to chill with the humans....

ELVIS
07-03-2013, 04:55 PM
I was reading something on a school of thought that suggests domestication dulls intelligence and senses...

There's a hint to why you're so slow...;)

PETE'S BROTHER
07-03-2013, 04:56 PM
Interesting... my friend's lived into its teens IIRC and he never mentioned any aggressive behavior like that... He was already older when I met him but he just seemed to like to chill with the humans....

i put a folder of timber on my FB

PETE'S BROTHER
07-03-2013, 04:57 PM
Timber did "kinda" get "bitey" his last coupla years :(

jhale667
07-03-2013, 05:20 PM
Pit bulls are less than 5% of dog population but account for 61% of deaths? I don't think there is much more to be said. There really isn't a second place here...38 fatalities - 23 from pit bulls. Yeah, that's a problem. Half are children 8 years of age or younger. Sorry, this isn't ok

One of my exes does pit rescues...big passion of hers. ONE out of a couple she fostered while we were together nipped her thumb but she insisted it was a fear response, not aggression. He barely got her, but the problem with something that can exert 1200 lbs psi w/ its teeth; shattered the thumbnail, & she was in danger of losing the tip of her thumb for a bit (didn't happen fortunately). So you DO need to be extra careful with them.
Still, based on what I saw with her I'd almost be willing to bet 4.5% of the truly vicious 5% are/were owned by assholes that made them that way...

sadaist
07-03-2013, 06:24 PM
I would bet my life there are FAR more dog bites every day from small breeds. But they are minor in damage mostly & go unreported. Pit Bulls get a bad rap because when they do bite they are able to do some serious damage.

And this dog in the video was a Rottweiler. Still a huge breed able to do serious damage. But also one of the sweetest/big sissy/tummy rub breeds I've ever known.

DLR Bridge
07-03-2013, 06:25 PM

If I turn my docile dog in, will you sleep better at night?

clarathecarrot
07-03-2013, 09:13 PM
I don't think most of the people in this world are even capable of driving safely much less able to rub thier head and pat their belly at the same time.

So why the damn fool ignorant assholes with a ego issue need a pit bull they can't get to work on time probably can't even seperate their laundry correctlt or pay bills on time..so to the point.

A large dog is like a gun it is most of the time used improperly(the dogs) and undiciplined and thus the people who own the dogs are negligent.

There should be perhaps some legislation maybe Obama can pass a dog bill like a 7 week waiting period for half breed wolves and pit bulls.

The situation is different than guns guns don't kill the owners /operator does.

Dogs kill without proper handling and training......maybe it is the same thing..like I related to in the first sentance people can't be trusted with certain things.

Outlawing guns is as silly as outlawing large breed dogs.

sadaist
07-04-2013, 01:47 AM
The sad thing for pit bulls is since they are very strong, and known as a "gangsta" type dog, a lot of shit owners get them. Obviously they also do not treat them great or love them the was a good doggie should be loved. So they go bad. Raised in a loving home like any other breed a pit bull can be a wonderful family member & protector.

I admit to being a little scared of any large breed of dog when I don't know the dog. Cleaning pools sucked at the houses where they had to lock up the dog when I came. Then someone else would accidentally let it out not knowing why it was locked in a room & not knowing I was there. never fucking failed. Halfway through cleaning the pool & some dog comes at me. I stopped taking on customers where the dog had to be put elsewhere when I came. Just wasn't worth that $85 a month account to be worried the whole time I was there.

And it was 2 bull mastiffs that scared me the most. Any dog that outweighs you by double is a scary thing lol.

Romeo Delight
07-04-2013, 01:57 AM
If I turn my docile dog in, will you sleep better at night?

Yeah I will. Possibly one more family that won't have a loved one mauled to death. The one here was the usual story..."Never barked at anyone...so gentle..""lalalalalala.

Then one day it mauled a 6 year old girl to death...jumping the fence to do so. Awesome breed

ashstralia
07-04-2013, 06:03 AM
fuckwit got his dog shot.

yes, your cops are lacking in many areas of basic training. then again, you probably have more in the greater l.a. or n.y. area than we have in our whole 600 square mile state. (i often do the conversions for y'all).

i hope all you cop haters have a pleasant interaction the next time you really need them.

edit; currently here it involves 14 months of full time training plus at least a diploma of policing. it's kinda hard. tends to weed out the wannabees...

LoungeMachine
07-04-2013, 06:45 AM
I don't think most of the people in this world are even capable of driving safely much less able to rub thier head and pat their belly at the same time.

:lmao:

Irony Alert ;)

DLR Bridge
07-04-2013, 08:12 AM
Yeah I will. Possibly one more family that won't have a loved one mauled to death. The one here was the usual story..."Never barked at anyone...so gentle..""lalalalalala.

Then one day it mauled a 6 year old girl to death...jumping the fence to do so. Awesome breed

Alright man, at ease. I've always liked your posts in other threads. This is just turning into a total bummer. I say pits aren't programmed to do bad things, you maintain that they are. Let's just agree to disagree.

ELVIS
07-04-2013, 09:27 AM
I'd say Pits and Rots are a little more dangerous than your average larger dog and the owner assumes responsibility for the dogs actions...

I wouldn't have one around small children...

sadaist
07-04-2013, 10:45 AM
I'd say Pits and Rots are a little more dangerous than your average larger dog and the owner assumes responsibility for the dogs actions...

I wouldn't have one around small children...

I wouldn't have ANY dog around very very small children unattended. Older children sure.

Watch out! Vicious dogs gonna get ya!

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa214/sadaist/puppies.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/user/sadaist/media/puppies.jpg.html)

DLR Bridge
07-04-2013, 11:55 AM
I'll have to scan pics in of the dog around the kids when they were babies. Was a thing of beauty.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/04/u3ydeteq.jpg
My sister-in-law's nippy little Jack Russell did some damage to her kids faces. It's the little dogs you gotta keep an eye on.

ELVIS
07-04-2013, 12:08 PM
It's all of them...

Seshmeister
07-04-2013, 12:18 PM
They are dirty animals... :)

DLR Bridge
07-04-2013, 12:25 PM
It's all of them...

Are you done?

Angel
07-04-2013, 12:39 PM
Elvis' chocolate lab reminded me of something:

fraroc
07-04-2013, 04:03 PM
I fucking LOVE Black Labs, I love all types of dogs but Black Labs are just beautiful and they're very friendly! I'd so get one