PDA

View Full Version : The Shit Hitting The Fan In Egypt?

Nickdfresh
07-03-2013, 06:13 AM
Egypt's Morsi defiant as army deadline nears
Sarah Lynch 5:59 a.m. EDT July 3, 2013

Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi rejects a 48-hour ultimatum given by the army, which is set to expire in a matter of hours.
http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2013/07/01/1226672/448509-egypt-protests.jpg
Protestors in Cairo rally against Morsi, who they say has become a virtual dictator that does not represent the Arab Spring nor the will of the majority of Egyptians...

CAIRO — Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi has insisted he will not resign as a deadline to break political deadlock nears and violence threatens to billow as democracy is tested in a region that is vastly changing.

At least 23 people were killed in the Cairo Tuesday in clashes between Morsi's opponents and supporters, the Associated Press reported. Many of the deaths occurred after gunfire erupted outside Cairo University in Giza, where pro-Morsi demonstrators gathered to show support for the president.

On Monday, the armed forces gave a 48-hour deadline — set to expire today — for politicians to meet the people's demands or it will implement a "road map" for the nation's future.

The escalation of violence followed three days of unprecedented unrest that has surged since Sunday, when millions of people clogged Egypt's streets to demand that Morsi step down amid calls for an early presidential election. The protests then remained largely peaceful.
The rest at USA TODAY (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013/07/03/egypt-morsi-protests-army-deadline/2485355/)

ELVIS
07-03-2013, 09:25 AM
Images (http://www.infowars.com/egyptian-protesters-blame-obama-for-morsi-dictatorship/) seldom broadcast on mainstream media networks reveal a wave of anti-Obama fervor has gripped Egypt as demonstrators blame the White House for helping to install Mohamed Morsi, the Muslim Brotherhood leader who could be toppled later today.

http://static.prisonplanet.com/p/images/july2013/030713egypt1.jpg

The protests in Egypt have largely been characterized by the media as representing an even split between pro-government Muslim Brotherhood advocates and the anti-Morsi opposition movement, despite the fact that the anti-Morsi demonstrations have been far larger.

However, one aspect of the demonstrations that has been almost completely ignored is the fact that Egyptians firmly lay the blame for Morsi’s calamitous year in office at the feet of the White House.

As the photos below illustrate, Egyptians are fully cognizant of the fact that the Obama administration played a key role in contriving the revolution that toppled former President Mubarak. Signs held by protesters include, “Wake up America, Obama backs a fascist regime in Egypt,” “Obama Supports Terrorism,” and “Obama Your Bitch is Our Dictator.” The signs also condemn the role of Anne Patterson, the US Ambassador to Egypt.

As we previously highlighted, the 2011 revolution in Egypt was far from a grass roots uprising given that its organization was aided by establishment NGOs like Freedom House (linked to the CIA) and National Endowment for Democracy (NED).

Despite supporting Mubarak for decades, the US abandoned him and threw its support behind the Muslim Brotherhood when Mubarak rejected US attempts to establish military bases inside the country and seize control of Egypt’s communications networks.

Mohamed Morsi has overseen the implementation of a dictatorship in Egypt that rivals that crafted by his autocratic predecessor. After enshrining Shariah law in the newly drafted constitution, Morsi granted himself sweeping powers to introduce any law and made himself immune from judicial oversight.

“So, is he Egypt’s dictator? At the moment, yes, on paper the most powerful Egyptian leader since the pharaoh,” Eric Trager, a fellow at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, told CBC News.

Unlike in Syria, where a militant-led insurrection was hyped as a democratic uprising, the largest mass protest in human history over the last few days in Egypt has been met with deafening silence from the White House.

:elvis:

ELVIS
07-03-2013, 09:29 AM
Oops...

Someone please put my Egypt story here...

Seshmeister
07-03-2013, 09:34 AM
There do seem to be a lot of armchair commentators just now both on the left and right saying we should be doing more in the Mid East and they are usually the exact same people who say we shouldn't be interfering in the Mid East any time we do.

ELVIS
07-03-2013, 10:15 AM
And this is more proof that we all need to leave the middle east alone...

Va Beach VH Fan
07-03-2013, 04:17 PM
A military coup of a democratically-elected president of a country, even if that President was pro-Muslim Brotherhood....

I never realized until today that Egypt was 60% Christian, would've never guessed that...

Seshmeister
07-03-2013, 04:18 PM
When I was there they always said the figure was 10%???

Seshmeister
07-03-2013, 04:19 PM
Wikki agrees with me

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Egypt#Religions

LoungeMachine
07-03-2013, 04:21 PM

Couldn't agree more....

:gulp:

But as long as we love building bombs, and stealing oil, it will never happen.

Va Beach VH Fan
07-03-2013, 04:26 PM
Wikki agrees with me

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Egypt#Religions

Must've heard it wrong, please forgive me... ;)

Seshmeister
07-03-2013, 04:29 PM
When everywhere you go they tell you that the only beer available is made by the Christian Copts and they only make up 10% of the population, that's the fact you remember, not the date Tutankhamun was born... :D

ELVIS
07-03-2013, 05:01 PM
Buh-Bye US Puppet...

ELVIS
07-03-2013, 05:02 PM
Hail Obomba...

ELVIS
07-03-2013, 05:06 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ihWR6dN46Y8/UdItSYEFi5I/AAAAAAABNQY/UqcOGv9rtJE/s600/130701-obama-egypt-010.jpg

ELVIS
07-03-2013, 05:10 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-AjZ59jNKvDA/UdItWZfYe2I/AAAAAAABNRs/kKRWtsvrKGI/s600/130701-obama-egypt-africa-010.jpg

ELVIS
07-03-2013, 05:10 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-l813JcFJuso/UdItVRHqyaI/AAAAAAABNRQ/fIXEflzN_dI/s600/130701-obama-egypt-063.jpg

Nickdfresh
07-03-2013, 06:00 PM
Buh-Bye US Puppet...

He was never a "U.S. Puppet." Are you retarded? Since when would a Muslim Brotherhood candidate be our candidate...

ELVIS
07-03-2013, 06:01 PM
You're dumb as a rock...

ELVIS
07-03-2013, 06:06 PM
:mad2:

ELVIS
07-03-2013, 06:08 PM

Nickdfresh
07-03-2013, 06:13 PM
You're dumb as a rock...

You're dumber than one! Does that mineral Tang cause delusions?

ELVIS
07-03-2013, 06:17 PM

ELVIS
07-03-2013, 06:18 PM

Nickdfresh
07-03-2013, 06:19 PM
He was never "Obama's" dictator, that's retarded. The Muslim Brotherhood won the election because of uneducated fuckwits in the countryside and because the MB had the only real political machine besides the ruling party's that was tied to the military. It was never a real democracy that represented anyone's will. What was Obama or anyone else supposed to do? Topple the elected leader of Egypt? (which he no doubt secretly condoned.).

Should we have sent in troops and bombers? You seemed to piss out of both sides of your trousers, Elvira. On the one hand, the U.S. shouldn't interfere with dictatorships in the Middle East as in Syria. But when we have a tool that plays the democratic system to become an Islamic strongman, you denounce the U.S. for not doing anything to prevent it? Are you really this fucking thick with the mixed message of candy-ass "gotcha politics" featuring conspiracy fuckwits?

ELVIS
07-03-2013, 06:25 PM
Obomba illegally funded the Muslim Brotherhood...

You're full of shit...

Nickdfresh
07-03-2013, 06:26 PM
Obomba illegally funded the Muslim Brotherhood...

You're full of shit...

LOL How do you hide all those factoids up your asshole? :D

sadaist
07-03-2013, 06:28 PM
Just a side not about Egypt. I have an Arab friend who has explained to me on many occasions that in the middle east Egyptians are viewed as a lesser class. A worker class. Exactly like Mexicans standing on the corner out front of Home Depot looking for work in the USA. We hire Mexicans for shit jobs. The Arab world hires Egyptians for shit jobs.

Not really pertinent to the troubles they got going on today, but I found that very intriguing.

Nickdfresh
07-03-2013, 06:35 PM

Then stop driving giant SUV's that get like four miles a gallon like a selfish American douche, then cry about our interests in the Middle East...

Nickdfresh
07-03-2013, 06:37 PM
Just a side not about Egypt. I have an Arab friend who has explained to me on many occasions that in the middle east Egyptians are viewed as a lesser class. A worker class. Exactly like Mexicans standing on the corner out front of Home Depot looking for work in the USA. We hire Mexicans for shit jobs. The Arab world hires Egyptians for shit jobs.

Not really pertinent to the troubles they got going on today, but I found that very intriguing.

Egyptian or Palestinian?

Va Beach VH Fan
07-03-2013, 06:43 PM
The Arab world hires Egyptians for shit jobs.

I disagree with that. Every Arab country I've seen that needs workers for shit jobs gets them from Asia, i.e. Filipinos, Malaysia and other poor countries like that....

sadaist
07-04-2013, 10:23 AM
Hmmm...my friend wouldn't lie. Perhaps it's more narrow & localized than I worded in my first post. He is Kuwaiti and stated it's like that there.

jhale667
07-04-2013, 11:16 AM
Interesting. I have an Egyptian friend who's never indicated anything like that...