PDA

View Full Version : Windows Phone

TFM_Dale
07-05-2013, 09:15 AM
Does anyone here have one? What are your thoughts on them? I have android and apple tablets already, I'm tired of iphones and my wife's android phone doesn't thrill me either. All I am looking for is good web browsing, good camera, decent sized screen. Anyone that has any hands on time with a windows phone and wants to give me some feedback would be much appreciated.

flappo
07-05-2013, 11:31 AM
no , i can afford an iphone

thx

try getting a fucking job

lol

flappo
07-05-2013, 11:31 AM
edit

holy fuck - you have a wife ???

hahaha

i always assumed you were 12

jesus

TFM_Dale
07-05-2013, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the help flaps, please go back to sucking cock for rent money.

Von Halen
07-05-2013, 11:37 AM
edit

holy fuck - you have a wife ???

hahaha

i always assumed you were 12

jesus

Ha ha! Holy shit, that is funny.

Why did you assume he was 12?

Von Halen
07-05-2013, 11:40 AM
My personal phone is an iphone. Flappo loves my iphone.

My work phone is some new HTC Android. I am actually partial to the HTC.

I don't know shit about the Windows phones.

sadaist
07-05-2013, 11:50 AM
[QUOTE=TFM_Dale;1792962]All I am looking for is good web browsing, good camera, decent sized screen.

A Dell, a Canon, and a television.

flappo
07-05-2013, 11:57 AM
Ha ha! Holy shit, that is funny.

Why did you assume he was 12?

because of his shitty retarded comebacks

see above as an example

TFM_Dale
07-05-2013, 12:01 PM
because of his shitty retarded comebacks

see above as an example

This coming from the old senile dude with hard drives full of cock and an obsession to post them.

Seshmeister
07-05-2013, 12:09 PM
I'm due to upgrade to the new iPhone 5 in a couple of months but I must admit I am going to have a look at the Nokia Lumina 928 which the company tech guru is saying he prefers.

I am getting pretty fucking sick of iTunes and the fact I have to charge my iPhone overnight AND usually a second time during the day. Plus 4 months ago the WiFi just stopped working. It greyed itself out as an option. Took it into the Apple Store and they said "Yeah that happens sometimes, you need a new one. That will be £170 as it's a couple of months beyond a year old so out of warranty".

TFM_Dale
07-05-2013, 12:23 PM
I'm due to upgrade to the new iPhone 5 in a couple of months but I must admit I am going to have a look at the Nokia Lumina 928 which the company tech guru is saying he prefers.

I am getting pretty fucking sick of iTunes and the fact I have to charge my iPhone overnight AND usually a second time during the day. Plus 4 months ago the WiFi just stopped working. It greyed itself out as an option. Took it into the Apple Store and they said "Yeah that happens sometimes, you need a new one. That will be £170 as it's a couple of months beyond a year old so out of warranty".

I hear you Sesh, I am tired of iTunes, tired of dropped calls, and tired of constantly updating stupid apps I rarely use anyway. Windows phones get really good reviews, I'm just hoping for some feedback from a fellow owner.

Seshmeister
07-05-2013, 12:34 PM
Twice in the last 6 months an iTunes update has killed my phone dead.

I then have to go into the nearest Apple Store which is 8 miles away and try and skip in without an appointment otherwise I'm meant to wait 2 days with no phone?

Plus they don't pay any fucking tax on anything. They take 7 billion in Europe, channel it through Ireland giving the Irish a mere 25 million, then send it through a company with no employees in the Netherlands paying a couple of million there and then send it on to Bermuda.

So at the moment my company pays 20% corporation tax in the UK and Apple pay 0.000000038% (I think :) )

As I said they are trying my patience at the moment.

flappo
07-05-2013, 12:36 PM
I hear you Sesh, I am tired of iTunes, tired of dropped calls, and tired of constantly updating stupid apps I rarely use anyway. Windows phones get really good reviews, I'm just hoping for some feedback from a fellow owner.

they get grate reviews from sites with lots of ms ads , ya fucking moron

go figure

flappo
07-05-2013, 12:37 PM
Twice in the last 6 months an iTunes update has killed my phone dead.

I then have to go into the nearest Apple Store which is 8 miles away and try and skip in without an appointment otherwise I'm meant to wait 2 days with no phone?

Plus they don't pay any fucking tax on anything. They take 7 billion in Europe, channel it through Ireland giving the Irish a mere 25 million, then send it through a company with no employees in the Netherlands paying a couple of million there and then send it on to Bermuda.

So at the moment my company pays 20% corporation tax in the UK and Apple pay 0.000000038% (I think :) )

As I said they are trying my patience at the moment.

get a mac you whiny old faggot

lol

Seshmeister
07-05-2013, 12:38 PM
To be fair the whole point of him starting this thread was to get first hand feedback.

flappo
07-05-2013, 12:41 PM
i got an iphone 5 as soon as it came out , 32 gig , white - nazi version :D

fucking AWESOME phone , really amazing - camera is stunning for video !!! i videoed my sister's weDding with my leica and with my iPhone , the iPhone quality was better

so good i sold it to my company and the fucking unlimited usage too

i have a grate accountant , lol

TFM_Dale
07-05-2013, 12:47 PM
they get grate reviews from sites with lots of ms ads , ya fucking moron

go figure

Let the adults with functioning brains have a discussion without your stupid shit for once.

TFM_Dale
07-05-2013, 12:51 PM
To be fair the whole point of him starting this thread was to get first hand feedback.

Like that fuck wit cares.

twonabomber
07-05-2013, 12:54 PM
Most of the maintenance guys at work have dumped their iPhones and gone Android. Not sure what the office guys are doing, but we do get a few emails with "sent from my iPhone" tags on them. I don't know anyone with a Windows phone.

Once I got my Samsung Galaxy Tab I took most of the apps off my Android phone, I didn't surf the net on it anyways. I am now set up to tether the tablet to phone via Bluetooth...and I don't do that much, either.

I set up an iPod for my friend and found iTunes to be one of the most un-intuitive pieces of software I've ever used. It was enough of a nuisance to use that it doesn't make me want to use anything with the Apple name on it.

As for the cam etc...I would rather have multiple devices that do one thing well than one device that does everything half-assed.

Hardrock69
07-05-2013, 08:58 PM
Here is how to solve the battery problem. Leave the fucking phone off. Turn it on when you have to make a call. Otherwise...leave it the fuck off and it will last you at least a couple of days....

Seshmeister
07-05-2013, 09:23 PM
If I never switched it on I would never need to charge it at all.

Well it's a plan but not brilliant. :)

I get about 100 emails a day 25 of which I need to deal with and when I'm travelling that all needs to be done on my phone. Also a bunch of incoming calls.

Angel
07-05-2013, 10:43 PM
Here is how to solve the battery problem. Leave the fucking phone off. Turn it on when you have to make a call. Otherwise...leave it the fuck off and it will last you at least a couple of days....

Then how the fuck would I kill dead time at work? :D I'm busy uninstalling apps right now...my battery life sucks shit. Only thing I miss about the blackberry...

Seshmeister
11-02-2013, 09:10 AM
Went out yesterday and got a 64GB iPhone 5S.

It'a nice but woke up this morning with a vague feeling I had been raped.

$1200 for a fucking phone, what was I thinking...? :)

TFM_Dale
11-04-2013, 10:13 AM
I picked up a Lumia 720, I'll never get another iPhone again. Works perfectly every time I use it for whatever reason I am using it. That said I do still use my iPad almost as much as my android tablet, just always had a problem with iPhones for whatever reason.

Von Halen
11-04-2013, 10:16 AM
I picked up a Lumia 720, I'll never get another iPhone again. Works perfectly every time I use it for whatever reason I am using it. That said I do still use my iPad almost as much as my android tablet, just always had a problem with iPhones for whatever reason.

Is that the 40 something MP camera phone? I heard it's a great camera, horrible phone.

TFM_Dale
11-04-2013, 10:20 AM
No, it only has a 6.1MP, I like taking decent pictures but that 40MP phone is just to much.

Seshmeister
11-04-2013, 01:45 PM
Is that the 40 something MP camera phone? I heard it's a great camera, horrible phone.

Yeah it's like those ridiculous phones the size of tablets.

Apparently the next iPhones are going to be bigger which is dumb, I like a phone to be a phone.