PDA

View Full Version : san fran plane crash

PETE'S BROTHER
07-06-2013, 03:12 PM
http://rt.com/usa/plane-san-francisco-fire-748/

pray for as many survivors as possible

SunisinuS
07-06-2013, 03:51 PM
I just hope there is truly no North Korean involvement so even larger casualties do not result.

FORD
07-06-2013, 03:57 PM
Very strange looking scene.... the tail section is completely missing. Middle of the fuselage was burned. Landing gear might have failed, since it looked like the middle of the plane dragged across the runway (probably what led to the fire.)

The fact that this was an overseas flight coming in for a landing was somewhat fortunate, because the plane was low on fuel.

Many passengers seen evacuating the plane, via emergency slides. from the pictures they all appeared to be in good shape. No word yet on whether anyone is still on board, but the TV people made the point that there was no "triage center" set up at the scene yet, which would presumably indicate it's not a high casualty situation.

PETE'S BROTHER
07-06-2013, 03:59 PM
I just hope there is truly no North Korean involvement so even larger casualties do not result.

you're gonna get elvis all worked up, ya know :yo:

FORD
07-06-2013, 04:00 PM
Looking at the debris field at the beginning of the runway, I suspect pilot error here. It looks to me like he came down a little too early and the tail hit the wall that surrounds the airport, which is located right on the water.

PETE'S BROTHER
07-06-2013, 04:06 PM
Looking at the debris field at the beginning of the runway, I suspect pilot error here. It looks to me like he came down a little too early and the tail hit the wall that surrounds the airport, which is located right on the water.

i read one statement that it was comin' down "kinda awkward"

FORD
07-06-2013, 04:53 PM
Not a lot going on right now, but here's a live stream from SF, if anybody gives a shit......

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/live

ELVIS
07-06-2013, 04:54 PM
Eyewitnesses report a 'boom' before impact...

FORD
07-06-2013, 05:14 PM

Bull fucking shit.

Simple case of pilot error.... witnesses report the nose was too high, which would mean the tail was too low. You can see from the arial shots that the tail section hit the seawall and that's what knocked the tail off the plane. And the impact of that probably fucked up the landing gear, causing the remains of the plane to skid, and the friction causing it to catch fire.

Just a dumb mistake. No consipiracies. No terraism.

Sadly, two people dead, and 61 injuries. Which leaves probably about 200 people who actually walked away from this shit. :headlights:

PETE'S BROTHER
07-06-2013, 05:23 PM
Sadly, two people dead, and 61 injuries. Which leaves probably about 200 people who actually walked away from this shit. :headlights:

so fucking awesome

(other than the loss of life of course)

SunisinuS
07-06-2013, 05:34 PM
Bull fucking shit.

Simple case of pilot error.... witnesses report the nose was too high, which would mean the tail was too low. You can see from the arial shots that the tail section hit the seawall and that's what knocked the tail off the plane. And the impact of that probably fucked up the landing gear, causing the remains of the plane to skid, and the friction causing it to catch fire.

Just a dumb mistake. No consipiracies. No terraism.

Being a Pilot myself I so far disagree with the tail too low thing....not a typical possibility, as it would be a very strange moment to combine with perhaps a go around attempt... but hey.

FORD
07-06-2013, 05:45 PM
Did you see the air shots from the news helicopters? There were some obvious fresh gouges in the top of that seawall, and the debris trail begins directly after.

And they now have this confirmed by eyewitnesses who saw the tail hit the wall. Though some are also saying that the plane hit the lighting pier that extends out from the seawall, which would mean he really came in too low, too early. Which seems like an odd thing to happen in the middle of the afternoon in good weather, to fuck up a landing like that.

FORD
07-06-2013, 06:36 PM
Well, this was easy enough to predict, once the news of the fatalities was confirmed, but apparently they were at the back of the plane, and fell out when the tail section was ripped away.

That's gotta suck......... :(

Kristy
07-06-2013, 06:56 PM
Just a dumb mistake. No conspiracies. No terrorism.:headlights:

More than likely there was a "boom" and most likely is was after impact.

Seshmeister
07-06-2013, 07:00 PM
We'll find out on Monday from Alex Jones...

FORD
07-06-2013, 07:11 PM
http://www.classwarfareexists.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Alex-Jones.jpg

OBAMA DID IT! I don't know how he could have done it,
or WHY he would do it, but goddamn it I know he did it!!!

Whorehey
07-06-2013, 07:35 PM
Watching CNN douchenozzles speculate is highly
entertaining. They played tower tapes, pilot called in
an emergency.

SunisinuS
07-06-2013, 09:07 PM
Lol all I know is that being a pilot and arson investigator (still one hehe) that I tend to let my little experience take over and wait for awhile....hey Kristy....I don't care but for Chris Cornell fans I just got to start a new thread on this one.......sorry unrelated I just like Rock.

LoungeMachine
07-06-2013, 09:19 PM

I think the boom boom came from your pants....

:gulp:

May be time to change.

FORD
07-07-2013, 02:12 AM
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/130706201822-33-san-francisco-plane-crash-horizontal-gallery.jpg

Notice the landing gear got ripped off along with the tail. It's actually a damn stroke of luck that only 2 people got killed in this shit.

Nickdfresh
07-07-2013, 05:23 AM

It's obviously a false-flag operation they're covering up, because they don't want to annoy anyone with their false-flag operations...

Kristy
07-07-2013, 11:16 AM
Nope, it's a "conspiracy theory" all right. Apparently, "spaceweather" is to blame:

Seshmeister
07-07-2013, 11:28 AM
The CIA inserted a genetically modified tomato in the pilots lunch as a false flag blah blah bleuch

Never was
07-07-2013, 12:13 PM
Asiana is well known for shitty or no maintenance on their planes with under trained and under paid pilots, this really is not a surprise.
They had a plane grounded in UAE last year cause it had helicopter parts duct taped into a bad engine. The plane was eventually decommissioned.

Whorehey
07-07-2013, 05:03 PM
I think I'm in love with this NTSB chick.

SunisinuS
07-07-2013, 05:17 PM
NTSB: Flight 214's cockpit voice recorder reveals pilots called to initiate "go-around" 1.5 seconds before impact.

So so far I am right. Damn things these pilots know that .....well you know. And a pilot who does that means that there is some error there.

FORD
07-07-2013, 05:28 PM
NTSB: Flight 214's cockpit voice recorder reveals pilots called to initiate "go-around" 1.5 seconds before impact.

So so far I am right. Damn things these pilots know that .....well you know. And a pilot who does that means that there is some error there.

So what does that mean exactly?

Did he realize he was going to hit the wall and couldn't correct it in time, or was he saying there was something wrong with the plane and was expecting a rough landing? (though probably not as rough as the one he got)

Never was
07-07-2013, 05:44 PM
Means pilot error

Hardrock69
07-07-2013, 05:52 PM
Video of the accident on CNN now. The plane was just coming in way too low.

<object width="416" height="234" classid="clsid:D<param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="movie" value="http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/apps/cvp/3.0/swf/cnn_embed_2x_container.swf?site=cnn&profile=desktop&context=embedwww&videoId=us/2013/07/07/vo-plane-sf-plane-crash-on-cam.courtesy-fred-hayes&contentId=us/2013/07/07/vo-plane-sf-plane-crash-on-cam.courtesy-fred-hayes" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/apps/cvp/3.0/swf/cnn_embed_2x_container.swf?site=cnn&profile=desktop&context=embedwww&videoId=us/2013/07/07/vo-plane-sf-plane-crash-on-cam.courtesy-fred-hayes&contentId=us/2013/07/07/vo-plane-sf-plane-crash-on-cam.courtesy-fred-hayes" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="416" wmode="transparent" height="234"></embed></object>

Whorehey
07-07-2013, 05:53 PM
I distinctly hear ATC tell the pilot twice that emergency vehicles
are in route but I don't know if it's pre or post impact.

SunisinuS
07-07-2013, 05:57 PM
So what does that mean exactly?

Did he realize he was going to hit the wall and couldn't correct it in time, or was he saying there was something wrong with the plane and was expecting a rough landing? (though probably not as rough as the one he got)

His or Her instincts were wrong....you can call a go around on a prop plane ect....but a 777 is more like an Exxon Valdez....every pilot hearing this now knows that either that was a mis-timed (from cockpit recorder) call for a go around or the pilot was BEHIND the airplane....you cannot stop a train or a 777 in 1.5 seconds....so his/her instincts betrayed them.

It means they were texting while driving in laymens terms. For some reason they were not able to make appropriate timed decisions....who knows yet why....maybe smoke in the cockpit? A steward on her lap? But every pilot worth their salt....knows that is too late.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWmYny9MepE

PETE'S BROTHER
07-08-2013, 12:15 AM
http://flyingprofessors.net/what-happened-to-asiana-airlines-flight-214-2/

twonabomber
07-08-2013, 09:20 AM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18t7klxqpicm4jpg/ku-xlarge.jpg

Sum Ting Wong would be pissed!

VAiN
07-08-2013, 05:34 PM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18t7klxqpicm4jpg/ku-xlarge.jpg

Sum Ting Wong would be pissed!