PDA

View Full Version : Scuba

PETE'S BROTHER
07-08-2013, 01:30 PM
any other army scuba divers here?

the wife and i are done with classroom and start pool classes this week. open water certification dives the following weekend. wa hoo !!!

Angel
07-08-2013, 01:50 PM

the wife and i are done with classroom and start pool classes this week. open water certification dives the following weekend. wa hoo !!!

My brother is an underwater photographer. I'm using one of his photos as my av right now. It's one from the Red Sea. He's been diving for almost 40 years and has been everywhere...including in the cage with the great whites.

SunisinuS
07-09-2013, 01:01 AM
N.A.U.I and P.A.D.I. open water II here.....Enjoy the experience...and always buddy up!

Angel
07-09-2013, 01:23 AM
N.A.U.I and P.A.D.I. open water II here.....Enjoy the experience...and always buddy up!

My bro is/was terrible for that! Because he would often have to hover for long periods of time for critters to come out of hiding so he could capture them. So, he'd go without a buddy...I always thought that's how he would leave this world.

Angel
07-09-2013, 11:47 AM
Just found this photo on the National Geographic site. He took this one in Mexico:

PETE'S BROTHER
07-09-2013, 11:51 AM
we are goin' to Utila in february to swim with some whale sharks :thumb:

Zing!
07-09-2013, 02:01 PM
I snorkled in a pool at Disneyworld once. It didn't end well. The upshot is, I now know how to control my claustrophobia.

PETE'S BROTHER
07-09-2013, 02:11 PM
I snorkled in a pool at Disneyworld once. It didn't end well. The upshot is, I now know how to control my claustrophobia.

got that part down :thumb:

Angel
07-09-2013, 02:58 PM

The only time I was ever claustrophobic was snorkelling in Tahiti. Surrounded by coral and having schools of fish bumping into me.

Zing!
07-09-2013, 03:10 PM
It was news to me, too. Never really had a problem with enclosed spaces before, but definitely haven't snorkled since. It was right out of a crappy Adam Sandler movie - getting schooled by a bunch of Mickey Mouse kids in the snorkel pool. My wife still makes fun of me.

clarathecarrot
07-09-2013, 03:30 PM

Best advice is not to let other better (more experienced divers) rush you..there will be people on the boat out to the reef who have dove all over the world .

They go places and do things that the novice can't,... take your time develope good habits allways be aware, don't loose yourself in the moments and you will enjoy it very much.

I haven't dove in over 15 years... now, I am sad...lol...but, I was almost; back in the nineties, gave more than serious thought to a move to the Carribean and get a job as a dive tour captain, my own boat...once upon a time.

I love the water, in it and under it.

Take pics!! they have cheap underwater cameras now.

I am NAUI certified.. your PADI right..?

PETE'S BROTHER
07-09-2013, 03:36 PM
padi open water after the 21st. our friends went thru a dive shop that does SSI cert.? i guess about the same thing

clarathecarrot
07-09-2013, 03:38 PM

When I was taking classes back in 1992 there was this smoking hot babe who was getting her certification so she could dive with her hubby on their soon to be honeymoon.

The fucking guys that ran the class and a couple assholes in the class were so all over this woman talking about this and that that, (posing about how cool thay are) when she was in her bathing suit and trying the scuba for the first time she became so overwhelmed with input from these know-it all assholes, she became a panic attack in the three foot end of the pool.

Couldn't handle the claustrophobia is what the instructors sais...I said she probably couldn't handle you fucking assholes swarming around her and ignoring the rest of the class.

They made her so paranoid by the constant attention.

PETE'S BROTHER
07-09-2013, 03:44 PM
i'm a little apprehensive, but that's the spice of life

clarathecarrot
07-09-2013, 03:45 PM
padi open water after the 21st. our friends went thru a dive shop that does SSI cert.? i guess about the same thing

I guess we can no longer talk all our friendship is gone now that I find I am a gentile and you are one of the chosen people our love will suffer because I won't convert to PadI'ism.

LOL!!! I crack me up!!

I trully don't know the difference in the classes someone said once to me that PADI is a more indepth course and NAUI is the original classification and not as much attention to detail.

You are going to love this ..didn't you mention you did some diving at sometime on a vacation..?

Angel
07-09-2013, 03:47 PM

Well, when you get out in tat open water, have a dive for my brother, please. Diving was his entire world.

PETE'S BROTHER
07-09-2013, 03:57 PM
You are going to love this ..didn't you mention you did some diving at sometime on a vacation..?

haven't yet, but plan to incorporate dives into as many future vacas as possible.

clarathecarrot
07-09-2013, 04:00 PM

Could be the Speedo..try some cargo trunks ..

Seroiusly some people can't handle the concepts of being underwater and being able to breath it is just alien to them.

You have a pool so with knowlege of how the scuba system works you will be fine ...find another beginner couple when you and Mrs. PB go on vacay and work together to alieviate any fears..most scuba diver people are cool peeps.

PETE'S BROTHER
07-09-2013, 04:04 PM
Could be the Speedo..try some cargo trunks ..

Seroiusly some people can't handle the concepts of being underwater and being able to breath it is just alien to them.

You have a pool so with knowlege of how the scuba system works you will be fine ...find another beginner couple when you and Mrs. PB go on vacay and work together to alieviate any fears..most scuba diver people are cool peeps.

we're goin' to get BCDs and regulators tonite. probly $2k :ohmy:

PETE'S BROTHER
07-09-2013, 04:05 PM
i'm lookin' forward to the speedo :bigwink:

clarathecarrot
07-09-2013, 04:08 PM
haven't yet, but plan to incorporate dives into as many future vacas as possible.

I have som friens in Mazatlan some Mexico place across the Baja Pinnensula ( I can't splel shit) I want to dive there sometime I have no idea about west coast of the USA or Mexico ( all close to you) could be some good cheap oportunities, but I bet you are going to dig this new adventure.

I have only dove the Carribean and Gulf of Mexico.

If you like the ocean a great dealio is a Dive Cruise 5 days out on a motor sail ship 2 dives a day as you tour around the Ocean big fun.

PETE'S BROTHER
07-09-2013, 04:10 PM
I have som friens in Mazatlan some Mexico place across the Baja Pinnensula ( I can't splel shit) I want to dive there sometime I have no idea about west coast of the USA or Mexico ( all close to you) could be some good cheap oportunities, but I bet you are going to dig this new adventure.

If you like the ocean a great dealio is a Dive Cruise 5 days out on a motor sail ship 2 dives a day as you tour around the Ocean big fun.

cabo in august, we'll get a few dives then. lake pleasant is an hour away (where we do our open water classes). and lots of great spots around san diego s-6 hours away

clarathecarrot
07-09-2013, 04:18 PM
we're goin' to get BCDs and regulators tonite. probly $2k :ohmy:

Unless you are going native like as in staying with a friend who has a boat and lives near some awesome reefs you may not need that I believe most if not all dive operations provide those items for you if you don't have your own.

Everyone has there own mask snorkle and swim fins.

It is sometimes a sales tool by the dive shop you are taking lessons at to sell that..and it may be questionable to rent equip that may be overused at dive tour locations abroad.

I believe with liability issues they will provide good gear at any resorts.

I lot of seasoned vacay divers don't take a BCD or Regulator...I did take my own when I dove.

I had a whole giant duffle bag to ship my gear in. Back in 96 I once took this huge dive knife in my carry-on it was like 12 inches long...lol. Nobody said shit...lol times have sure changed...lol

I will say it is always better to have your own stuff..( you know it works well)..thought shipping it may cost extra..?

clarathecarrot
07-09-2013, 04:20 PM
cabo in august, we'll get a few dives then. lake pleasant is an hour away (where we do our open water classes). and lots of great spots around san diego s-6 hours away

Sweet!

PETE'S BROTHER
07-09-2013, 04:23 PM
Unless you are going native like as in staying with a friend who has a boat and lives near some awesome reefs you may not need that I believe most if not all dive operations provide those items for you if you don't have your own.

Everyone has there own mask snorkle and swim fins.

It is sometimes a sales tool by the dive shop you are taking lessons at to sell that..and it may be questionable to rent equip that may be overused at dive tour locations abroad.

I believe with liability issues they will provide good gear at any resorts.

I lot of seasoned vacay divers don't take a BCD or Regulator...I did take my own when I dove.

I had a whole giant duffle bag to ship my gear in. Back in 96 I once took this huge dive knife in my carry-on it was like 12 inches long...lol. Nobody said shit...lol times have sure changed...lol

I will say it is always better to have your own stuff..( you know it works well)..thought shipping it may cost extra..?

ya gotta pay to rent each time then....more $

ya gotta rent suits that other people peed in, regs they spat on, and may not fit "just right".

we know it's not imperative to own our own gear, but we want to. the more that is familiar each time, the better

PETE'S BROTHER
07-09-2013, 04:25 PM
we can fit both our gear in one larger checked piece of luggage and not over weight :baaa:

clarathecarrot
07-09-2013, 04:39 PM
we can fit both our gear in one larger checked piece of luggage and not over weight :baaa:

Always best, I never wore a dive suit ..they were all lucky I kept my shorts on...I never had the balls for that, Hedonism Cruise....adults only naked cruise lol.

My cousin was into that he and a bunch of couples and singles would organize a rental of a large motor sailer boat and plan some extravagant cruise from the gulf of mexico down the coast of south america for a months back in the 1960's he was a adventure dude, had all US Divers gear, high dollar stuff he was very serious about his tours..

Kinky...stuff.

Angel
07-09-2013, 04:42 PM

West coast of Mexico sucked when I was there. I can't dive due to ear issues, but snorkelling was brown and murky. Some of the best diving in the world is in the Pacific NW though.

PETE'S BROTHER
07-09-2013, 04:46 PM
wish we woulda done this a few years ago in australia

clarathecarrot
07-09-2013, 04:52 PM
That would have been awesome, PB.

I have a great friend who is going to the Barrier Reef soon to dive a vacay.....i hate him....j/k...lol.

TFM_Dale
07-09-2013, 05:00 PM

That is pretty cool, congrats!

katina
07-09-2013, 05:09 PM
ya gotta pay to rent each time then....more $

ya gotta rent suits that other people peed in, regs they spat on, and may not fit "just right".

we know it's not imperative to own our own gear, but we want to. the more that is familiar each time, the better

The better and the safer, try to wear you own gear.

clarathecarrot
07-09-2013, 06:34 PM
Caption This.....

It makes you giggle cause of what is looks like.

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/02/73/85/61/hedonism-ii.jpg

Here is some ideas stuff.

http://www.uwphotographyguide.com/

Just say no, Pete's Bro!!!

http://www.scubadiving-all.com/Naked-Scuba-Diving.html

(Best quote in the wolrd a couple paragraphs down at the above site..lol)

As there are some benefits, there are some risks either. In particular, male divers should avoid feeding fishes. Fish cant distinguish food from a male's hang down, thus maybe causing a bite. Additionally the guys should protect themselves when in schools of fish passes by, that’s not so funny, they might bite your “best thing” off, this is not a yoke.

http://travel.ie.msn.com/beach-holidays/whats-new-in-nudist-travel-3?page=6

PETE'S BROTHER
07-09-2013, 06:38 PM
we'll stick with nude swimming in our pool :thumb:

clarathecarrot
07-09-2013, 06:44 PM
A friend of mine mentioned a case they have so you can convert your IPhone to a underwater camera.

Iphone Drisuit, it is called only waterproof to 15 feet I wouldn't trust that depth as in a spilled beer on a table is deeper than that...hic*

Still pretty amazing.

PETE'S BROTHER
07-09-2013, 06:46 PM
i need to find a waterproof weed smokin' device...

clarathecarrot
07-09-2013, 06:50 PM

Where is that, This Thread Is Useless Without Pics, sign..lol.

The photography site is kinda cool it still seems that the ability to photograph underwater is a expensive hobby but if you can get into that it is amazing what the color is conpared to what you are actually seeing.

It used to be you had to buy a color corrected underwater film,that was kinda pricy. The digital world could lend a hobbyist to some great memories captured.

I know I am talking to much about this new thrread you got rolling here,but I guess you got me jones'ing for the deep.

PETE'S BROTHER
07-09-2013, 06:53 PM

The photography site is kinda cool it still seems that the ability to photograph underwater is a expensive hobby but if you can get into that it is amazing what the color is conpared to what you are actually seeing.

It used to be you had to buy a color corrected underwater film,that was kinda pricy. The digital world could lend a hobbyist to some great memories captured.

I know I am talking to much about this new thrread you got rolling here,but I guess you got me jones'ing for the deep.

tis the reason for the thread :baaa: my wife will end up bein' a waterphotobug

clarathecarrot
07-09-2013, 06:55 PM

The small emergency air tank I would recommend on deeper dives is a back up device and containes only a few breaths for emergency uses on wall dives, advanced stuff.

They arent very expensive and could be filled by a individual of a certain skill level and contain "most excellent air" only appreciated by sofisticated individuals......Oh yes... I have done the math ...just never done the deed..lol.

http://www.spareair.com/

PETE'S BROTHER
07-09-2013, 06:57 PM
:biggrin: that or a dry suit and bell helmet ;)

clarathecarrot
07-09-2013, 07:03 PM
I wanted to invent the floating electric pump aparatus wayback (or I guess i actually thought about it, but didn't do the math) it is a floating electric pump (no petro fumes) and it can pump "surface air" about 30 ft down the hoses and respirators are attatched like a octopus lines you can swimm 15 or so feet down for hours and never get bent.

The problem with it is it cannot expand your lungs like scuba at depth to much external preasure deeper than that.

Great idea for shallow reef diving if someone doesn't like the idea of compressed air diving.

Angel
07-09-2013, 07:09 PM

My brother worked in Saudi for 7 years to finance all the gear he wanted. I bet he's got half a million dollars worth all told. The cost of the gear and travelling all over the world to dive has not left much of a cushion for this time of illness. He lived his dream. I'm happy he had that in the time he was well. I hope to be able to post more of his work soon.

PETE'S BROTHER
07-09-2013, 07:11 PM
My brother worked in Saudi for 7 years to finance all the gear he wanted. I bet he's got half a million dollars worth all told. The cost of the gear and travelling all over the world to dive has not left much of a cushion for this time of illness. He lived his dream. I'm happy he had that in the time he was well. I hope to be able to post more of his work soon.

i didn't realize it was the same brother...

Angel
07-09-2013, 07:17 PM
i didn't realize it was the same brother...

Yeah, hope you don't mind me sharing in your thread...it makes me smile. :)

clarathecarrot
07-09-2013, 07:24 PM
Here is a bad story I aint proud of but I have little care about always being perfect..I will cut thru all the endless retoric.

I was on a dive cruise the 4h day out at sea.

We were going to dive a wreck that was bottomed at 135 feet clear sandy bottom ,water was choppy ..that day ..(arrrg the she beasty sea was angry that day yaaarrrr) ok back to the bad news...the swin out to the marker bouy was difficult and the woman I was with couldn't clear her ears at about 25 ft down.

So, I being the gentleman I am swam with her back to the ship in order to eas her climbing back on. due to the 1 ft swells that were tight.

I wasn't concious of the fact that I was on my tank out to the bouy and down 25 ft and then up to the surface then back thru the chop to assist the gal.

Then back to the bouy (should have got back out with my partner).

Then down 125 foot to the deck of the wreck dive....well after about 2 min of swimming the wreck ..I was out of air completely tried to signal for assisted air from somone but they were all busy looking at stuff...so slowly with much panic I surfaced from 125 ft. It seemed like forever almost passed out.

Signaled the crew I was in need of assistance due to panic at the surface.

They swam out... thought somone else was in danger, down below then I explained it was my fuck=up, and they checked me for the bends and all that shiton deck got me on O2, we did the math I was actuall only on air for like 16 mn and was in no danger. Even though I was that deep.

I chilled on the deck of the ship then went about a hour later down to 60 ft and just hung out sitting on the bottom to remove any bubbles I may have had.

It is important to stay with your partner.

I dove many times after that it is just a lesson of how it can get away from you if you don't think.

Spare Air may have helped also a slow rise to the surface (re makes usable) air that is left in your main tank that isn't usable at deep depths.

clarathecarrot
07-09-2013, 07:27 PM

I almost went into underwater welding big money much danger ..is that what he was doing ..? that is alot of gear..?

How is your brother, I haven't checked your thread about his illness lately ?

PETE'S BROTHER
07-09-2013, 07:28 PM
Yeah, hope you don't mind me sharing in your thread...it makes me smile. :)

absolutely not

PETE'S BROTHER
07-09-2013, 07:32 PM
Here is a bad story I aint proud of but I have little care about always being perfect..I will cut thru all the endless retoric.

I was on a dive cruise the 4h day out at sea.

We were going to dive a wreck that was bottomed at 135 feet clear sandy bottom ,water was choppy ..that day ..(arrrg the she beasty sea was angry that day yaaarrrr) ok back to the bad news...the swin out to the marker bouy was difficult and the woman I was with couldn't clear her ears at about 25 ft down.

So, I being the gentleman I am swam with her back to the ship in order to eas her climbing back on. due to the 1 ft swells that were tight.

I wasn't concious of the fact that I was on my tank out to the bouy and down 25 ft and then up to the surface then back thru the chop to assist the gal.

Then back to the bouy (should have got back out with my partner).

Then down 125 foot to the deck of the wreck dive....well after about 2 min of swimming the wreck ..I was out of air completely tried to signal for assisted air from somone but they were all busy looking at stuff...so slowly with much panic I surfaced from 125 ft. It seemed like forever almost passed out.

Signaled the crew I was in need of assistance due to panic at the surface.

They swam out... thought somone else was in danger, down below then I explained it was my fuck=up, and they checked me for the bends and all that shiton deck got me on O2, we did the math I was actuall only on air for like 16 mn and was in no danger. Even though I was that deep.

I chilled on the deck of the ship then went about a hour later down to 60 ft and just hung out sitting on the bottom to remove any bubbles I may have had.

It is important to stay with your partner.

I dove many times after that it is just a lesson of how it can get away from you if you don't think.

Spare Air may have helped also a slow rise to the surface (re makes usable) air that is left in your main tank that isn't usable at deep depths.

no snorkel for the surface swim?

PETE'S BROTHER
07-09-2013, 07:34 PM
I almost went into underwater welding big money much danger ..is that what he was doing ..? that is alot of gear..?

swear to sesh, i was thinkin' about bein' an underwater welder back in 98, never followed thru...

clarathecarrot
07-09-2013, 07:42 PM
no snorkel for the surface swim?

I thought you might say that, great question the sea was so choppy and not in smooth waves,.. they were everywhere at all angles a real troubled area of water.

A snorkle was usleless...that was the main issue on my bends checking... the time I was on air at depth ( actually under the surface) was only maybe 7 min, but a total air time of 16 or so fighting waves.

....and we know air goes faster the deeper you go, so, inreality it is like I dove down to 125 feet then came back up in 7 min...safe for the bends .

The fuck up on my part was in my mind after I got her back and was back at the bouy...( I think I was a little pissed off at her and wanted to get with everyone else, my mistake) that was "to me" when my dive started....I was a wierd day..she wasn't my girlfriend was someone elses wife and It was wierd.

When I started to decend to the wreck was when I was under water. I didn't count all that backand forth "on air" at the surface as time on compressed air.

What I am saying is "time on air" is the same as at depth, but not really due to Nitrogen absorbtion rates...but,... I ate up all my air shuttling back and forth.

EDIT: What appears on your gadges at the surface is not really what you have at deep depths it may go 2 times as fast I was puffing helping her back to the boat..just a fucked up day. I was embarassed more than hurt I am normally ontop of changes in routine and like all days of wtf , it was.

clarathecarrot
07-09-2013, 07:45 PM
swear to sesh, i was thinkin' about bein' an underwater welder back in 98, never followed thru...

I was going to join the Navy to learn it I know they got the best training in the world..to this day when I see TV Shows about it I see those guys at 500 ft working in complete darkness I still want to do it...maybe in the next life..lol.

That would be the ultimate controlled freak out and the money is great..I hear it claims alot of workers though?

It is like any job if you work for someone else, prevailing wage, still must be high though.

I would get my own rig and sub-contract...big bucks....

Angel
07-09-2013, 07:59 PM

How is your brother, I haven't checked your thread about his illness lately ?

Lol, no that's all his underwater photography and diving gear. It was more than a hobby for him. It was his life. Everything he did was so that he could pursue his passion...and he did. :) He has been everywhere.

He's not doing well. Been declining rapidly the last month. It's only a matter of weeks now. :(

He's got a few pics on FB. None of the best though. Here's one

clarathecarrot
07-09-2013, 08:12 PM
Lol, no that's all his underwater photography and diving gear. It was more than a hobby for him. It was his life. Everything he did was so that he could pursue his passion...and he did. :) He has been everywhere.

He's not doing well. Been declining rapidly the last month. It's only a matter of weeks now. :(

He's got a few pics on FB. None of the best though. Here's one

Awesome pic some kind of, Angel Fish ..?

I have some great shots too all on slide film and regular film I haven't dove in the digital age...tell him if you can that I had a Nikonos 4 underwater camera, he probably had one too.

Best of wishes dealing with all of this Angel you know we all got your back and wish your brother well.

PETE'S BROTHER
07-09-2013, 08:13 PM
Best of wishes dealing with all of this Angel you know we all got your back and wish your brother well.

sea, i mean, si, what he said

clarathecarrot
07-09-2013, 08:20 PM
Tell us about your BCD prchase send us a link to the manufacturer so we can imagine you two on the vacy styling with the swells.

Get me a, DIVE THIS t-shirt man..!!!

I think I could still get a laugh or two with that..lol.

Angel
07-09-2013, 11:57 PM
Awesome pic some kind of, Angel Fish ..?

I have some great shots too all on slide film and regular film I haven't dove in the digital age...tell him if you can that I had a Nikonos 4 underwater camera, he probably had one too.

He sure did! Sadly, I'm not sure he would know what I was talking about.

Angel
07-10-2013, 12:00 AM
Watch for these guys, PB :D

Angel
07-10-2013, 08:40 AM
More "scary" fish

PETE'S BROTHER
07-10-2013, 11:30 AM
spent three grand yesterday ($4k total)at the scuba shop, we have all the "minimum necessary" gear now.... :umm:

Angel
07-10-2013, 11:49 AM
spent three grand yesterday ($4k total)at the scuba shop, we have all the "minimum necessary" gear now.... :umm:

Excellent!

clarathecarrot
07-10-2013, 01:03 PM

You need to polute the reef system with a small weighted Green Bay Packers flag put some fishing wieghts on a small flag pole and clain the reef mountain top as yours !!!!

Take a pic and like the moon landing noone will dispute ownership...lol.

Dan
07-11-2013, 04:02 AM

Damn,I Have Been In Your Pool.:jaw:

Dan
07-11-2013, 04:03 AM
Does Muff Diving Count.:D

PETE'S BROTHER
07-11-2013, 10:54 AM
always

PETE'S BROTHER
07-14-2013, 12:54 PM
fuckin' tired. 8-9 hours in the pool the last 25 hours. next weekend, 5 dives in two days at lake pleasant and we are certified.

PETE'S BROTHER
07-15-2013, 11:40 AM
so sore. legs are cashed...

PETE'S BROTHER
07-22-2013, 10:42 AM
two days of diving "honeymoon cove" at lake pleasant and we are now certified PADI open water divers :thumb:

PETE'S BROTHER
07-22-2013, 10:54 AM
and very sore again...feels like i have sticks connecting my ankles to my knees :)

PETE'S BROTHER
07-22-2013, 04:41 PM

bean's gmpa at the dive shop

PETE'S BROTHER
07-22-2013, 04:58 PM

bean's gmpa at the dive shop

he's the one on the right :baaa:

clarathecarrot
07-22-2013, 08:33 PM
Gramps looks redy2go ..lol.

I guess you mentioned this is all in prep for a dive trip vacation you and Mrs. PB are taking where are you going and when are you coming back .

I want to plan a break'in...I mean :doh:...check the diving area you all are going to be at.

and...leave me the keys to your pool wet bar.... I,....huh hummm..mean, I don't need flight times just a genral layout of your house:doh:...I mean what Island are you going to..?

Teehee.:yo:

PETE'S BROTHER
07-23-2013, 10:21 AM
cabo in 3 weeks, then the island of utila off the coast of honduras in february :thumb:

PETE'S BROTHER
07-23-2013, 10:22 AM
here is the closest to blueprints we have for the house we are renting ;)

http://www.aboututila.com/AccomInfo/The-Round-House/

PETE'S BROTHER
07-26-2013, 12:27 PM
i got my first wetsuit yesterday. pool test was wonderful, it's buoyant enough i can float on my back, watch the game on the big screen on the patio and drink a beer :thumb:

Angel
07-26-2013, 01:23 PM
i got my first wetsuit yesterday. pool test was wonderful, it's buoyant enough i can float on my back, watch the game on the big screen on the patio and drink a beer :thumb:

Is it custom fit? How was getting in and out of the suit?

TFM_Dale
07-26-2013, 01:26 PM

Hell yeah, sounds like you have everything covered. Hope you have a kick ass time.

PETE'S BROTHER
07-26-2013, 01:29 PM
Is it custom fit? How was getting in and out of the suit?

not custom, an xlt and it fits great. in and out isn't too bad, just around the wrists and ankles is the most work. got some rash guards too, took me 43 years to make my butt look that good in shorts :bigwink: i'll pm ya pics, dale.

Angel
07-26-2013, 01:35 PM
My bro and dad both had custom fits in the 70's. We'd laugh our asses off watching them get in and out of them with their panty hose on. They learned to grease themselves up before putting them on if they wanted to get out of them. Those things were literally like a second skin.

PETE'S BROTHER
07-26-2013, 01:39 PM
this one is a thicker one 5/4 mil, i'll be gettin' a 3mil for warmer water.

Angel
07-26-2013, 01:51 PM
this one is a thicker one 5/4 mil, i'll be gettin' a 3mil for warmer water.

Hehe...that's how it starts. In no time you'll be wanting a dry suit...especially if you'll be diving the Pacific...brrrr...;)

PETE'S BROTHER
07-26-2013, 01:54 PM
Hehe...that's how it starts. In no time you'll be wanting a dry suit...especially if you'll be diving the Pacific...brrrr...;)

right? they say a 7 is par for the course in the san diego area.

Angel
07-26-2013, 01:56 PM
right? they say a 7 is par for the course in the san diego area.

Some of the best diving is in the Pacific NW. Unbelievable critters and colours!

PETE'S BROTHER
07-26-2013, 02:05 PM
Some of the best diving is in the Pacific NW. Unbelievable critters and colours!

one of the dive masters in our class, training for asst. instructor, had dove since he was 17 in the puget sound. :thumb:

Angel
07-26-2013, 02:32 PM
one of the dive masters in our class, training for asst. instructor, had dove since he was 17 in the puget sound. :thumb:

My bro discovered and photographed a new species in the sound. Ugly fucking worm type creature...reminds me of some of the posters here.;)

FORD
07-26-2013, 03:29 PM
My bro discovered and photographed a new species in the sound. Ugly fucking worm type creature...reminds me of some of the posters here.;)

Locally, that creature is known as "Tim Eyman".

PETE'S BROTHER
08-18-2013, 01:48 PM

:baaa:

katina
08-18-2013, 01:51 PM
Cool pic !!! :thumb:

PETE'S BROTHER
08-18-2013, 01:53 PM
forty feet below Neptune's finger in cabo. amazing trip!!!

PETE'S BROTHER
08-24-2013, 03:27 PM

PETE'S BROTHER
08-24-2013, 03:28 PM

Angel
08-24-2013, 03:38 PM
Awe...these remind me of my bro's early photos over 40 years ago. Thanks for the walk down memory lane.

PETE'S BROTHER
08-24-2013, 03:43 PM
Awe...these remind me of my bro's early photos over 40 years ago. Thanks for the walk down memory lane.

:thumb:

PETE'S BROTHER
08-24-2013, 03:46 PM

PETE'S BROTHER
08-24-2013, 03:53 PM

PETE'S BROTHER
08-24-2013, 03:55 PM

PETE'S BROTHER
08-24-2013, 03:56 PM

Angel
09-01-2013, 04:14 PM
Here's your future PB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr5RHxf5vr4

Angel
09-03-2013, 08:30 PM
One of my favourites:

PETE'S BROTHER
09-03-2013, 08:40 PM
:thumb:

PETE'S BROTHER
02-18-2014, 02:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/attribution_link?a=nM_G8lsLE7k&u=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DmeZtYVlwH_w%26feature%3Dshare

PETE'S BROTHER
02-18-2014, 02:10 PM
at work, not sure if that is the link to a scuba video, if so, about 12 min in a moray wants to eat my face.

katina
02-20-2014, 09:10 PM
at work, not sure if that is the link to a scuba video, if so, about 12 min in a moray wants to eat my face.

That was scary !! Thanks for sharing :thumb:, was that dive in a cenote ?

PETE'S BROTHER
02-21-2014, 11:12 AM
off the north shore of Utila, Honduras. 150 foot reef wall

katina
02-21-2014, 12:05 PM

:thumb: What a cool adventure experience.

Nitro Express
02-21-2014, 06:57 PM

Just go deep and hang there for awhile. The nitrogen narcosis will kick in and you can get drunk on that. Just don't get too fucked up where you forget about how much air you have left. Don't want to get the bends scrambling up for air.

Nitro Express
02-21-2014, 06:59 PM

Sounds cool. I dove off of Belize and it was the best reef diving next to diving the red sea.

PETE'S BROTHER
02-21-2014, 07:08 PM
Sounds cool. I dove off of Belize and it was the best reef diving next to diving the red sea.

twas beautiful, but the mayor of the last 12 years didn't regulate fishin' and divin' and it has taken it's toll. few and small fish. cozumel this summer :thumb:

Nitro Express
02-21-2014, 07:13 PM
twas beautiful, but the mayor of the last 12 years didn't regulate fishin' and divin' and it has taken it's toll. few and small fish. cozumel this summer :thumb:

I really like Cozumel. We rented a house there and went spear fishing. Some Mexicans showed us how they grilled fish. They used lime juice. It was delicious. That's all old reef off the Yucatan. It's probably the best reef diving to be found in the americas. I want to go wreck diving in the great lakes. That looks like creepy fun.

PETE'S BROTHER
02-21-2014, 07:17 PM
I really like Cozumel. We rented a house there and went spear fishing. Some Mexicans showed us how they grilled fish. They used lime juice. It was delicious. That's all old reef off the Yucatan. It's probably the best reef diving to be found in the americas. I want to go wreck diving in the great lakes. That looks like creepy fun.

great lakes are chilly, i like the warmer climates. definitely doin' the peak buoyancy certification next.

Nitro Express
02-21-2014, 07:18 PM
Diving Truk lagoon is on my bucket list. The problem is my wife can't equalize her ears so she can't dive and she's not about to blow our vacation money going to a place like Truk.

Nitro Express
02-21-2014, 07:21 PM
great lakes are chilly, i like the warmer climates. definitely doin' the peak buoyancy certification next.

I hear ya. I've done cold water diving and some of it can be interesting but it's not like being on a ocean reef. Heck even in the warm water as soon as you go down a ways it get chilly as well.

Angel
02-21-2014, 10:56 PM
Just go deep and hang there for awhile. The nitrogen narcosis will kick in and you can get drunk on that. Just don't get too fucked up where you forget about how much air you have left. Don't want to get the bends scrambling up for air.

My brother did a LOT of deep dives, and had nitrogen narcosis a few times. (Bends only once, early in his career). We suspect that may have been the cause of his brain tumour....

Angel
02-21-2014, 10:58 PM
I hear ya. I've done cold water diving and some of it can be interesting but it's not like being on a ocean reef. Heck even in the warm water as soon as you go down a ways it get chilly as well.

Just need yhe right suit. Some of the best diving is in the Pacific Northwest...it's fucking cold though!!!

Nitro Express
02-22-2014, 12:14 AM
Just need yhe right suit. Some of the best diving is in the Pacific Northwest...it's fucking cold though!!!

I dove the puget sound. You have to be very careful there due to strong currents. It's a dangerous place to dive. Diving off of catalina island was better than I thought it was going to be. Real clear water and huge kelp forests. More colorful fish than I thought there would be.

Scuba is safe if you do it by the numbers. It's like flying an airplane. You have to be trained and you have to follow the guidelines or tragedy is going to happen. If you are not one to keep track of time and follow rules it's not for you. You can kill yourself pretty easy.

Nitrogen narcosis is just like being drunk on alcohol. In fact if you can hold your booze well you can deal with nitrogen narcosis. If you can't handle your booze then you probably don't want to go down that far for that long.

Nitro Express
02-22-2014, 12:22 AM
My brother did a LOT of deep dives, and had nitrogen narcosis a few times. (Bends only once, early in his career). We suspect that may have been the cause of his brain tumour....

Yeah you have to watch your dive time and figure in the decompression. You have to be religious about that. It's too easy to get distracted and stay down too long and find out you don't have enough air in the tank to safely ascend to the surface. That's why on the old dive watches the bezel only turned one way. If you accidentally moved it you just came up sooner. If the bezel moved to give you more time you were going to run out of air and be fucked.

Nitro Express
02-22-2014, 12:26 AM
I like to free dive. I have a good set of lungs and since I live at 6,300 feet it's an advantage when I'm at sea level. I have no problem equalizing my ears which some people like my wife have a real problem doing. I've always been a water bug. I was the kid you had to kick out of the pool at closing time. LOL!

ashstralia
02-22-2014, 07:34 AM
I like to free dive. I have a good set of lungs and since I live at 6,300 feet it's an advantage when I'm at sea level. I have no problem equalizing my ears which some people like my wife have a real problem doing. I've always been a water bug. I was the kid you had to kick out of the pool at closing time. LOL!

I'm a bit surprised your Lamborghini is not waterproof so you can easily drive underwater to France and back in a day. :)

vandeleur
02-22-2014, 07:50 AM
I'm a bit surprised your Lamborghini is not waterproof so you can easily drive underwater to France and back in a day. :)

:biggrin:

Nitro Express
02-23-2014, 12:56 AM
I was going to join the Navy to learn it I know they got the best training in the world..to this day when I see TV Shows about it I see those guys at 500 ft working in complete darkness I still want to do it...maybe in the next life..lol.

That would be the ultimate controlled freak out and the money is great..I hear it claims alot of workers though?

It is like any job if you work for someone else, prevailing wage, still must be high though.

I would get my own rig and sub-contract...big bucks....

I knew a guy in Portland, Ore that was an underwater welder. He did jobs all over the world. He got his training in the US Navy. He was a crazy SOB. He loved to make oxy acetylene bombs.

Nitro Express
02-23-2014, 12:59 AM

You have watched too many James Bond movies.

Angel
02-25-2014, 04:13 PM
Yeah you have to watch your dive time and figure in the decompression. You have to be religious about that. It's too easy to get distracted and stay down too long and find out you don't have enough air in the tank to safely ascend to the surface. That's why on the old dive watches the bezel only turned one way. If you accidentally moved it you just came up sooner. If the bezel moved to give you more time you were going to run out of air and be fucked.

Yeah, I wasn't aware of any of this....having a brother who was a professional diver for 30+ years you would think I would be aware of some of this. :rolleyes:

PETE'S BROTHER
08-17-2014, 09:43 PM
not a corona ad :baaa: