PDA

View Full Version : Corporate America uses Mercenaries on American Soil

Matt White
07-08-2013, 05:47 PM
Sure would like to see the talking heads discuss this with as much gusto as they do so many minor issues....................

'Bulletproof' Arizona security team raises hackles at Gogebic mine site

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/environment/bulletproof-arizona-security-team-raises-hackles-at-gogebic-mine-site/article_24cb77d0-9444-5ba8-948c-acad96f5e315.html

Two members of the Wisconsin Legislature are asking Gogebic Taconite to remove masked security guards who are toting semi-automatic rifles and wearing camouflaged uniforms at the mining company's site in Northern Wisconsin.

News of the guards emerged over the weekend on the websites of bloggers and activists opposed to mining.

Sen. Bob Jauch, D-Poplar, said the guards are from Bulletproof Securities, an Arizona company that boasts a "no compromises security force."

"I'm appalled. There is no evidence to justify their presence," Jauch said.

Jauch said he was especially concerned that the guards are carrying high-powered rifles more appropriate for fighting wars than for guarding construction equipment in a scenic forest that draws scores of hikers and vacationers in addition to mine protesters.

"Do they have the authority to use those weapons? If so, on who?" Jauch said. "I don't know if there's a hunting season right now except maybe for rabbit, but you shoot a rabbit with that, all you’ll end up with is fur. What would you use those weapons for except to hurt somebody?"

Company spokesman Bob Seitz didn't return phone calls.

Republicans in the state Legislature approved a polarizing mining bill in March, completing a long push to help Gogebic open a massive iron mine near the shores of Lake Superior over environmentalists' objections. The company is now drilling test borings on the site a few miles southeast of Copper Falls State Park.

Protests have been peaceful, said Iron County Sheriff Tony Furyk. The only exception was a June 11 incident that led to charges of robbery with use of force and three misdemeanors against Katie M. Kloth, 26. The Stevens Point woman is alleged to have wrestled a camera from a mine worker who was videotaping her during a protest at a test drilling site.

Bulletproof Securities officials in Scottsdale, Ariz., couldn't be reached for comment. A woman who answered the phone at the company said no one was available to comment.

The company's website says it employs highly trained former military personnel and police equipped with "armor," high-tech equipment and a variety of lethal and non-lethal weapons

"Complacency is no longer an option when a breach can result in excessive amounts of lost time, money and additional liability for your firm," the BPS website states.

Jauch said he and Rep. Janet Bewley, D-Ashland, are writing a letter to the mine company asking for the guards to be withdrawn.

"If anything this increases tensions, it doesn't reduce them." Jauch said.

Paul DeMain, editor of the Hayward-based News from Indian County, said local residents aren't happy.

“Some of the local people are wondering, what the heck? It’s come to a sad situation when you’ve got to have a machine gun to protect a business that people around here don’t want,” said DeMain, an opponent of the mine who posted video online of a guard and a semi-automatic rifle on the seat of a truck at a drilling site.

Kimberlee Wright, executive director of Midwest Environmental Advocates in Madison, said she is concerned that guards would prevent public access to the Penokee Hills forest.

“This is just kind of bad form for G-Tac. This isn’t Appalachia,” Wright said. “It’s just completely overkill. It’s pretty scary. We don’t want anyone to shoot anybody.”

Hardrock69
07-08-2013, 10:57 PM
Nothing new.

Corporations been hiring armies for...what...several thousand years?

Let's start in RECENT history...say about 2,500 BC.....4,500 years ago......you got guys bankrolling massive cultural projects.....called Pharaohs.....and like, some of them were better CEOs than others.

Just look at the Monarchy of any nation, and think of it as a business. Some people just were....fucked....like Philip IV of France....who owed money like a bitch....and decided "hey, if you owe money to somebody, just arrest they ass and the debt is GONE, babeh!!!" As a result those Knights Templar got to compete in the French flambe' championships in October of 1307.....on FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH mothafukkaz.....

Then you have nimrods like Louis XVI....dude lost his head over living the high life........at the expense of the working class....:hee:

Peeps like Pharoah Akhenaten got ran the fuck outta Egypt cause he wanted to riff on a single God.....upset the whole God business....all the priests were mad, and going broke.....all they shit all fucked up....the multitude of gods nullified by order of the CPO (Chief Pharaoh Officer).

So....dey peeps rise up an' ride him the fuck out of town on a rail wit de tar and de feathas and everthang.......

It is not enough to be a great leader.....one has to be a great administrator.....

I bet in 3,700 BC (almost 6,000 years ago) you had muthafucking guys going..."Hey, I could defend the kingdom myself, or I could do it for cheaper by hiring this army here.....".
Those kind of bitches who actually can think for a living would most likely bring prosperity to the nation.

Though leading a nation of illiterates back then only required some gold and a bunch of thugs to keep order.

Sure, lotta rulerz wuz ignerint ana cud not spele they shith like fuakking...bfdzbfdfbfdbzdbzbzd
And their countries ran great risk of going under due to their idiocy. Just like any corporation with a fucking dumbass as a CEO.

Ever work for some motherfucker who is an idiot yet he/she wields much greater power than you do in the corporate hierarchy?
But I digress.......

Anyway, that shit is fucked up. It is bad enough we are moving towards the militarization of our police forces.

You also have a lot of defense contractors (civilians) providing security for places like Area 51.

Of course, corporations rule the world. Without them, governments are irrelevant.
Hell, WITH them, governments are irrelevant.

I just wanna live to be 100 and kick it before the world gets too fucked up.