PDA

View Full Version : ALAE Video Question...

chippertherippe
07-10-2013, 02:03 AM
I'm ashamed I don't know this but...
I was watching this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdyGWABD2C4
and was wondering where the 'behind the scenes' shots were from.Its obviously the A Little Ain't Enough video shoot but I've never seen it. Is this on an official release or bootleg compilation? I'd like to see more if its out there. Thanks in advance...

sadaist
07-10-2013, 10:41 AM
Do you mean like where the scenes were filmed? Los Angeles most definitely. JHale here I think knows where the underpass is that has the D A V E graffiti. Not sure about the stadium because it doesn't look like Dodger Stadium or LA Coliseum. Might be Rose Bowl?

Sorry. I'm kinda new myself to LA and can't spot it all. We have some members from LA that would know. Just hold tight until they get a chance to see the thread here in the next couple days.

Zing!
07-10-2013, 02:22 PM
JHale here I think knows where the underpass is that has the D A V E graffiti.

Is that graffiti still there? Would be interesting to find out - although I'm not sure you would want to risk your life finding it for a photo- op...

sonrisa salvaje
07-12-2013, 08:03 PM
Whoever put that video together did a good job mixing footage from various official videos plus what appears to be bootleg footage from the Skyscraper tour. I have never seen that behind the scenes footage they show from the making of the video for ALAE. That is very interesting. The football field looks like Texas Stadium. I wonder if that footage came from MTV at some point in time? The reason I ask this is because when Skyscraper came out, MTV had a weekend where at the top of every hour they showed 2 or 3 minutes behind the scenes with Dave while preparing for the Skyscraper tour which showed him backstage and practicing his repelling for when he would come down out of the lights over the stage during the song Skyscraper. I often wish I had taped all of those and then put them together on dvd. In all I think there was probably about 30 minutes worth of footage they spread out over the weekend, re-running the same footage depending on when you tuned in. I don't remember them doing the same thing for the release of ALAE but doesn't mean it didn't happen. I too am interested in finding out where this came from.

sonrisa salvaje
07-12-2013, 08:12 PM
Here is something similar that was done for YFLM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yQnznrVbzM&feature=share&list=PLD01B9C7B9A46D889