PDA

View Full Version : Bob Daisley's Book

tojoro
07-14-2013, 08:56 AM
For a few years now, Bob has had a book in the works. His is one I'm very much looking forward to read, as his years with Ozzy should make for an interesting read. He and Sharon have zero love for one another, so I expect him to pull zero punches.
The one thing about Bob is what he has had to say over the years has never changed, and he has always come off as not only a straight-shooter, as well as an all-around nice bloke.
For those who are unaware, Bob was Ozzy's original bassist when he went solo, recorded both Blizzard and Diary with Rhoads, and wrote music, lyrics and performed on everything up to and including No More Tears. (Ultimate Sin was writing only, Tears was performance only.)
I just got this email this morning, and it winds up being $55.81 USD for a signed copy:

Many thanks for registering your interest in buying a signed copy (at no
extra charge) of Bob Daisley's autobiography. We're very pleased to tell
you that you can now purchase your copy.

Bob has done everything that he can to ensure that we, the fans, get an
excellent quality book at an affordable price. It costs £18.99p + postage
& packing. Should you wish to buy more than one copy, please contact
webmaster@bobdaisley.com.

It measures 11" x 7.5" (280 x 190 mm) and is an inch thick, there are over
460 photographs, mostly colour, the majority of which were taken by Bob
and have remained in his personal archives until now.

This is a limited offer, Bob will be in the UK during the first week of
August to sign copies of his book, so if you'd like to buy your signed
copy please do so at:

http://www.bobdaisley.com/for-facts-sake/order-now/signed

This offer will close on the 28th of July and orders received after that
date will not be eligible for a signed copy.

The Book will be dispatched during August.

There will be another link on the website and Facebook very soon but that
should NOT be used if you want to purchase a signed copy.

Thanks

Bob Daisley's Webmaster

Whorehey
07-14-2013, 09:28 AM
Toj for your sake I really hope it isn't 460 photos of him
with Widowmaker and Uriah Heep. Sharon fucked this guy
(and Lee Kerslake imo) dry in the ass with farm implements.
Then had the sack to hire him back for BATM and TUS.
Didn't she even have Robert Trujillo re-record his bass lines
on BOO and DOAM? He's been saying for a long time the "truth"
will come out one day. Hope it's not a career retrospective, as
there is only about a two year period of this guy's career I
actually give two shits about.

Whorehey
07-14-2013, 09:31 AM
And knowing Daisley's penchant for litigation,
I pity the first person that leaks any excerpts
onto the internet. Just wondering Toj, did you
have to sign any kind of waiver to buy this book?

tojoro
07-14-2013, 02:14 PM
No, no waiver, but this book does cover his career, not just his time with Ozzy.
I understand this book only would appeal to a very small niche of fans, and most are going straight to the chapters concerning the Ozzy years. As for myself, I am biased, as Bob was a big reason for me picking up the bass, and I do look forward to Bob telling of the time he spent with the likes of Iommi, Dio, Blackmore and Malmsteen.
Although I'm a big fan of Rhoads, I'm not expecting any startling revelations, as Randy's time in Ozzy's band has been well (over) documented..I could easily say I've read it all.
I find it amazing that Sharon would screw the one person who brought her husband the most success...as a performer, writer, lyricist, musical director and co-producer.
Daisley is just as much responsible for the "Ozzy sound" as Rhoads was.

Seshmeister
07-14-2013, 02:18 PM
I am interested to read the Ozzy era stuff although he's told his story of a lot of it already in long online interviews.

If he's smart he should dish some scandal on Sharon and then get a tabloid newspaper interested.

Problem is that I think Sharon has already put so much dirt out herself I don't know what would shock people.

jhale667
07-14-2013, 02:22 PM
One thing that always stands out to me regarding the Ozzy business dealings.. I think deep down Ozzy's a nice dude, or he NEVER would have made sure it was communicated to me (as I've related here before) he didn't want to personalize my Rhoads-autographed DOAM tour program when he autographed it in '97 because it's worth more $$ if it isn't. But Sharon wasn't around when he was doing that signing... she probably would've tried to buy it off me for $50...:biggrin: I'm very interested to read Daisley's book.

fraroc
07-14-2013, 04:40 PM
Ozzy is a very nice guy.

Sharon on the other hand is a fucking elephantine, monstrous, brobdingnagian, leviathanian CUNT.

tojoro
09-03-2013, 05:19 PM
I've reached the halfway point in the book and think it's great, but then, that's just me. Great quality photos, next to none I've seen in my 46 years, the writing is top notch and I felt it was well worth the wait.
Aside from the Garry Sharpe-Young book, Bob's is the closest we will get to an accurate account of the Blizzard of Ozz Band before Sarzo and Aldridge came into the fold.
Bob didn't waste time mud-slinging, he seems to generally like Ozzy, and was quite respectful of those he had written and recorded with.
Absolutely zero love for Sharon. He was forewarned early on, by David Arden, to not become one of Sharon's "playthings" (shudder).
Just wanted to let folks know it's a read that's well worth it.
Enjoy!
~T.

Whorehey
09-03-2013, 07:20 PM
Great quality photos, next to none I've seen in my 46 years...

Toj, are you saying there's pics you have never seen in Bob's book?

tojoro
09-03-2013, 07:48 PM
That came out a bit wacky, eh? Yes 95% of the photos in this book I haven't seen until now. Lots from Ridge Farm. Not just the Rhoads era.

Terry
09-03-2013, 08:39 PM
Ozzy has commented in various interviews over a span of roughly three decades that he was never interested in the business side of the music biz, doesn't know anything about it, doesn't want to and is content to let his wife handle that part of his career.
Ozzy does come across as a nice guy, although (obviously) a bit fucked up from years of drug and alcohol abuse. It wouldn't be shocking to discover that Ozzy has little to no idea about many of the issues Daisley and Kerslake felt (with justification) upset about - or that if [Ozzy] was once aware of these issues, he's all but forgotten them by now (he comes across as a doddering old man who doesn't know where the fuck he is half the time - someone points him to the stage, he sings songs he's sung for 40 + years and lets others collect the money and handle the lawyers).
Daisley got a good fucking over from the Osbournes and various related record companies in terms of credit and royalties. Not the first musician to encounter this, and certainly won't be the last.
I'd totally agree that Daisley was just as important to the material that wound up on Blizzard and Diary as Osbourne and Rhoads were (Kerslake always seemed to me to be a notch or two below the other three in terms of ability and what he brought to the table, although I wouldn't say any of that was a reason for denial of credit/royalties).

ThrillsNSpills
09-04-2013, 11:42 AM
Ozzy recently set his place on fire cooking a bacon sandwich.
pretty much validates Terry's post.