PDA

View Full Version : Saw The Darkness last Friday night

Hollywood Jesus
06-27-2004, 09:11 PM
Fun times at the Roy Wilkins in St. Paul a few days ago.

Also from the UK, the Wildhearts opened the show. Great energy and melodies. Reminds me a little of Saigon Kick.

The crowd went nuts for The Darkness. There were smiles, dancin', screamin', raunchy guitars and even "boobies" as Justin Hawkins stated. They remind me of a lot of former bands like Queen, GnR and Cheap Trick. And, yes Justin sounds like Tiny Tim in real life too.

Warmed my heart to know that wit, babes, guitars and Marshall stacks still have a place in rock 'n' roll.

rustoffa
06-27-2004, 09:15 PM
Gotta agree....saw 'em here and it was grate. Fucking loud as hell.

diamond den™
06-27-2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Hollywood Jesus
Fun times at the Roy Wilkins in St. Paul a few days ago.

Also from the UK, the Wildhearts opened the show. Great energy and melodies. Reminds me a little of Saigon Kick.

The crowd went nuts for The Darkness. There were smiles, dancin', screamin', raunchy guitars and even "boobies" as Justin Hawkins stated. They remind me of a lot of former bands like Queen, GnR and Cheap Trick. And, yes Justin sounds like Tiny Tim in real life too.

Warmed my heart to know that wit, babes, guitars and Marshall stacks still have a place in rock 'n' roll.

The Darkness are a GRATE fucking band!!!!!! They have the real classic rock sound, look and attitude. :)

tobinentinc
06-28-2004, 12:54 AM
Saw them a few weeks ago. They kicked ass! Very exciting, lots of energy. Great sound. Can't wait for the new album.

Chaz Rock City
06-28-2004, 01:08 AM
I saw the Darkness in Pittsburgh: they were outfuckingstanding!! I got a kick out of Justin Hawkins refering to the FCC as the Fucking Cunt Cunters. I had a sore thoart for 3 days for trying to sing like Justin.

flappo
07-03-2004, 02:02 PM
the next zep ?

who knows ??

Lou
07-03-2004, 04:16 PM
I'll be the first to rain on the parade and say I don't like either of the two songs I heard on the radio from them, and that first song they did sounds like The Cars. Nothing wrong with that but I don't get the hype. They seem like one of these bands where they arbitrarily get wildly popular for a short period of time.

DiamondDoug
07-08-2004, 11:40 PM
The Darkness will blaze the path back to real fukin' rock n roll!

DiamondDoug
07-08-2004, 11:41 PM
I hadn't realized their song "Growing On Me" was about genital warts though, until I heard them live, and Justin said so.

Golden AWe
07-09-2004, 02:35 AM
I'll hopefully see them here in Finland in the beginning of August...

BTW, Hollywood Jesus...perfect avatar you've got there!

Diver Down NJ
07-11-2004, 01:27 AM
I can't fuckin' wait to see them live. They need to get their butts in NJ!!!

Mr Grimsdale
07-11-2004, 05:35 PM
what a woofter!

VHII
11-04-2004, 07:37 PM
yes darkness, come to NJ

Lou
11-05-2004, 06:38 PM
Hate to break the news to you but their 15 minutes of fame are already up. They went down as quickly as the new Van Hagar songs.

Atomic_Rob
11-07-2004, 07:07 PM
Here in the UK people are sick of em, theres been way to much written about them in the press and shit like that. There songs were constantly all over the radio.

Saw them at Reading Festival this year... They couldnt handle a huge gig like that.

Sayin that, Black Shuck is a great song