PDA

View Full Version : PBS declares war on "reality" TV with viral ads

FORD
07-21-2013, 02:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45GU1K2g32I

Kristy
07-21-2013, 03:15 PM
And if you think Young Turks is real journalism says a lot about the state of today's so-called news. Rich hipster kids.

FORD
07-21-2013, 03:32 PM
And if you think Young Turks is real journalism says a lot about the state of today's so-called news. Rich hipster kids.

"Real journalism" compared to what?

The fools on FAUX, CNN, or ABC?

I don't think TYT have ever claimed to be journalists for that matter. But it seems like all the real journalists in the US have left the country like Greg Palast or Glenn Greenwald, or else murdered like Michael Hastings. I sincerely hope Matt Taibbi avoids small planes, and knows how to check his car for sabotage. :(

Kristy
07-21-2013, 03:40 PM
I don't think TYT have ever claimed to be journalists for that matter. :(

Young Turks is just an embarrassment to watch. They don't have to claim to be journalist just like Fox News doesn't claim to do journalism but somehow gets regarded as being such. It's their whole smug, we know better than you an mocking of serious events that gets on my nerves whenever I hear the FAT fuck open his gob next to his token female sidekick who looks like she failed out of every women's studies program in college. Sorry Ford, but they are just terrible and are hardly an alternative to the 24 hour disinformation cable crap already out there.

Kristy
07-21-2013, 04:07 PM
Plus, PBS is going the way of the Dodo bird - only much slower.

Nickdfresh
07-21-2013, 05:00 PM
Plus, PBS is going the way of the Dodo bird - only much slower.

It will be a sad day. Front Line and Nova are about the best things on that stinking field of festering shit know as American television...

Kristy
07-21-2013, 05:07 PM
You do realize Nova is largely funded by David Koch?

Nickdfresh
07-21-2013, 05:10 PM
You do realize Nova is largely funded by David Koch?

Is it? It's hard to say how it effects content as Nova has aired several programs critical of corporate gerrymandering of the global warming debate...

FORD
07-21-2013, 05:24 PM
It's true that the KKKochs have contributed money to PBS, and have managed to prevent some programming that didn't portray them favorably from being aired.

Which illustrates why public broadcasting AND PUBLIC FUNDING OF IT must be protected, so they don't have to rely on corporatist "donations" which come with corporatist strings, naturally.

When you watch the allegedly "Liberal" MSNBC, and see commercials for energy industries, big pharma, wall street banks, and MonSatan, and then wonder why the network is less than critical of those industries, despite the fact that there are very real stories about them that need to be told.

PBS used to tell those stories. Bill Moyers still does, but Nova and Frontline have pulled back on somethings because of the corporate donors. It's a fucking crime :(