PDA

View Full Version : 'Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson' goes digital on iTunes

chefcraig
07-23-2013, 07:42 PM
'Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson' goes digital on iTunes

LA TIMES

By Susan King

July 23, 2013, 6:00 a.m.

Not only are vintage interviews from "The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" airing Monday evenings this month on TCM, but nearly 15 hours of video content from the Carson archive will be made available for digital download starting Tuesday on iTunes.

"Johnny would be thrilled to see his legacy transcend generations," Jeff Sotzing, president of Carson Entertainment Group, said in a statement. "We always believed in sharing such universal content, and utilizing technology to showcase the archive that we worked so hard to preserve has allowed us to do just that. Johnny is simply the greatest and his influence will last forever."

Available for purchase on iTunes will be compilations of clips from the 1960s through 1992, animal high jinks, stand-up comedians and Carson's final broadcast. Also featured are 16 edited episodes highlighting such guests as Don Rickles, Jay Leno, Steve Martin, Jerry Seinfeld, Betty White, David Letterman, Robin Williams and Chevy Chase.

ITunes will also offer 50 alert tones featuring Johnny and Ed McMahon's voices uttering such catchphrases as "Here's Johnny," "Hi-yo" and "We'll be right back."

VetteLS5
07-23-2013, 07:50 PM
I bought the DVD collection back in the late 90's. Some hilarious moments, and lots of reminders of how everything in his wake has been a pale imitation. One of my guilty/forbidden pleasures as a kid was to be allowed to stay up and watch. The absolute master of the talk/interview format.

VetteLS5
07-23-2013, 08:05 PM
It's just plain must see TV. The 70's outfits are just unreal... that and the ashtrays and smoking on and off camera. And I cried during the farewell. If you're a fan of The Larry Sanders Show, you know exactly where he got his farewell episode from.

IceCreamBlondie
07-24-2013, 01:14 AM
Now this I gotta see. Carson was the best - especially his quips and his monologues. Hilarious stuff; no talk show host comes close to Carson nowdays, and they all know it.

SunisinuS
07-24-2013, 04:10 AM
netflix had a good one I watched tonight....small world..media WORLD .....