PDA

View Full Version : Hey Repukes, Pope Frankie has some Lessons for you......

FORD
07-30-2013, 01:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBjydaDGT3A

kwame k
07-30-2013, 01:59 PM
Spot fucking on!

This new Pope is the most Christian Pope in decades......possibly, centuries!

ELVIS
07-30-2013, 02:06 PM
I can't watch Dr Creepy...

FORD
07-30-2013, 02:11 PM
Guess you could call him the "populist Pope". Or to coin a phrase, the "Popeulist"?

kwame k
07-30-2013, 02:15 PM
Considering the damage that has been done by the last few Pope's this is a breath of fresh air.......is it genuine or a way to change with the times to boost slagging revenue?

I'm not sure if it really matters HOW they got here.....just that they have arrived!

jhale667
07-30-2013, 02:16 PM
Spot fucking on!

This new Pope is the most Christian Pope in decades......possibly, centuries!

Some of the (cool) things he says it surprises me he hasn't been excommunicated yet...

kwame k
07-30-2013, 02:20 PM
I can't watch Dr Creepy...

Listening to that Sam Kinison voice old Alex Jone$ has must really turn you on:biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Czmb6tEwFE8

kwame k
07-30-2013, 02:21 PM
Some of the (cool) things he says it surprises me he hasn't been excommunicated yet...

He'll be dead of "natural causes" by year's end:(

jhale667
07-30-2013, 02:25 PM
He'll be dead of "natural causes" by year's end:(

That's what I'm afraid of. :( No way will he be allowed to make a difference.

FORD
07-30-2013, 02:51 PM

.....Or died "unexpectedly" like JP 1 did. :(

jhale667
07-30-2013, 05:03 PM
True. I think it's interesting that he's made a couple of statements expressing his desire for the church to be less dogmatic and more tolerant, and in at least one case the Vatican has immediately issued a statement saying in effect "He didn't mean that..." which is kind of funny considering HE's supposed to be the authority...

binnie
07-31-2013, 03:25 PM
I'd actually like to see a Pope (and other religious leaders) who consistently took politicans and big business to task rather than hammering on about homosexuality or abortion.

tbone888
07-31-2013, 04:19 PM
Religion is big business. You could prolly run the federal government for a year if you could tax the Catholic church's real estate holdings alone.

And major universities :)

kwame k
07-31-2013, 04:30 PM
True. I think it's interesting that he's made a couple of statements expressing his desire for the church to be less dogmatic and more tolerant, and in at least one case the Vatican has immediately issued a statement saying in effect "He didn't mean that..." which is kind of funny considering HE's supposed to be the authority...

They may run under the guise of being a religion but the truth is it's a money making enterprise first and foremost! The True Church only changes with the times when attendance is slipping and the profits are sinking!

If 70% of Catholics say they now believe in, Sesh's Flying Spagetti Monster you bet your ass you'd see a rewrite of the Bible;)

ELVIS
07-31-2013, 07:28 PM
Like you'd know the truth if it hit you in the ass...:rolleyes:

jhale667
07-31-2013, 08:10 PM
Said the zealot.

Never was
08-01-2013, 03:16 PM
Francis is actually a throwback to the early Church which was about teachings. Primary teaching is being humble, purity of heart, and not judging. His actions such as washing a womans feet as Jesus did but no Pope ever had before to his message that gays and atheist can get into heaven as it was their heart not their label that was important. This is a radical departure from previous Popes and as a catholic personally welcomed as previous popes were frankly embarrassing. The RCC is an institution and not a religion. The Vatican as many institutions has become about the institution itself not its message. Francis is welcomed as most Catholics are cynical, detached and jaded towards the institution. The gig of Pope as a colorful history w several murders including suspected poisoning of John 1, a woman pope once, and several Jewish popes. It is a place with more drama in its history than any soap opera. Very nice to have someone there who actually remembers some teachings.

binnie
08-01-2013, 03:35 PM
His PR certainly suggests that he's a 'radical departure' from recent Popes, but I guess only time will tell.

He certainly seems to be creating talking points for the right reasons............

Never was
08-01-2013, 03:37 PM
Considering the last guy was literally and not just metaphorically a nazi he has a low bar to clear.

kwame k
08-01-2013, 03:46 PM
Like you'd know the truth if it hit you in the ass...:rolleyes:

You're right, E........I haven't listened to what Alex Jone$ has to say on the matter:headlights:

binnie
08-01-2013, 03:47 PM
Alex Jones is the Pope?

It's a cuntspiracy, a cuntspiracy I tell you!

kwame k
08-01-2013, 03:54 PM
Considering the last guy was literally and not just metaphorically a nazi he has a low bar to clear.

Yeah, but......he was only a Hitler youth:biggrin:

The biggest problem I had with the last Pope was his involvement in covering up the child molestation scandal that had been going on for decades!

That's why he stepped down, IMO. There was talk of serving him with an arrest warrant and even though the Vatican is a country onto itself, there was talk that the PM of Italy wasn't going to interfere with charges and warrants being served to the last Pope!

For now all we have to go on is this man's words..........and so far, he's the most Christian Pope we've had in decades/centuries!

That's a good thing!

kwame k
08-01-2013, 03:58 PM
You're right, E........I haven't listened to what Alex Jone$ has to say on the matter:headlights:

Just in........Alex Jone$ weighs in on the new Pope;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czmb6tEwFE8