PDA

View Full Version : New Doctor Who announced

vandeleur
08-05-2013, 12:03 PM
Not sure if this is many people's cup of tea but last night the bbc announced that the new Doctor was going to be Peter Capaldi.
I thought it was a bit of a shocker , I know the bookies had him as favourite but I thought they were sniffing up the wrong tree.
On the last few years they chose young allegedly attractive unknowns .
Signing up capaldi is totally a kick back against that , don't get me wrong he is a fine actor and a bit of Malcolm tucker would be fun in the tardis .
I might be reaching here but this is the shows 50 year and final regeneration I wonder if we are going to get a much more adult darker tone to the show .

On different but similar note I read a very interesting article from the states about the show saying how much it was worth to the bbc with overseas syndication and DVD merchandising , it's basically the beebs cash cow .
So they are unlikely to kill it off

THEDOCTOR
08-05-2013, 02:40 PM
There's no way this is the last regeneration. With all of the Timelords destroyed and the series being such a hit now ,they will just come up with some reason to continue past the 12th regeneration.
It's already been stated in "The Five Doctors" episode a whole new regeneration cycle can be achieved,when they offered it to The Master in return for his help,and on the Sara Jane Chronicles the 11th Doctor implied he had unlimited regenerations.
I too was surprised at the breaking of the NuWho Doctor mold,but he's a great actor and Moffatt is a genius ,it'll be okay.

vandeleur
08-05-2013, 02:51 PM
Yeah there is obviously some fuckery going on with the John hurt thing at the end of the last series . There obviously going to have to pull something out of the hat with regards to regeneration .

THEDOCTOR
08-05-2013, 05:31 PM
"The Name Of The Doctor". Matt Smith was "The Eleventh" DOCTOR. Im seeing the key with Hurt being that he did the thing that went against the name of the Doctor,which negates him being "A Doctor". But we will see .Moffatt is a beast when it comes to throwing a curve ball and beaning you in the head with stuff you did not see coming. I'm thinking Hurt is the 8th regeneration that blew the shit out of the crazy Timelords and Daleks on the last day of the Timewar,killing them all,and going against the very name of the Doctor. He'd fall in between McGann and Eccelston. We shall see though! I'm seriously glad Moffatt keeps us in the goods with eye candy hot companions.Amy was super fucking hot and so is Clara. Dammit why can't they piss of boyfriends enough to post their naughty business online? lol

vandeleur
08-05-2013, 05:37 PM
Yeah , both are very hot . Though Clara will need to wear the police outfit to properly compare them:D

vandeleur
08-05-2013, 05:40 PM
Yeah I tried to work out where hurt fitted in the cannon of the doctor and by the time I read the Internet buzz and stuff I gave up , I never get it right any way so may well just enjoy the revelation .

Seshmeister
08-05-2013, 05:49 PM
Another guy from my neck of the woods becomes the Doctor.

To be honest I haven't been watching it since it came back as it seemed to be a teen TV show and I'm a Tom Baker guy but with Capaldi in the role I will be watching.

Tucker was one of my fave characters of all time - someone has already done the inevitable mash up...

vandeleur
08-05-2013, 05:54 PM
Yeah there had been some funny shit about him getting the role . And yeah tucker is class .
One tweet I saw went something like , great another fucking Glaswegian fighting a cider man .
I thought it was funny :D

THEDOCTOR
08-06-2013, 08:58 AM
Sesh,since the return the writing on the show is stellar. Many many times ive found myself acting like the Grinch and saying.."I'm......FEEeeeling!............What's the deal?"
So definitley give it a look. Baker WAS the Doctor,and I think he cast a lonnnng shadow. I'm sad that there is going to be no classic Doctors in the 50th anniversary show, but they are producing a Big Finish audio story with all of the classic Doctors in the mix.
Police outfit? Nah let's see what's really on her(Clara) phone pics! Amy still imo is the hottest companion ever?
Who is your top 5 hottest Who companions guys?

Seshmeister
08-06-2013, 09:26 AM
Leela?

http://avilian.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Louise-Jameson-actress.jpeg

Unfortunately googling her shows she supports homeopathy so she's a dummy - 61 now too yikes...

vandeleur
08-06-2013, 09:46 AM
Ok off the top of my head , Amy pond police woman , billy piper with Cassandra in her being slutty .
Of the old companions perri.. Had that tea time sexy thing going on .
This is a serious subject and I need to think a bit more :D

vandeleur
08-06-2013, 09:57 AM
And can I just say the front line classic TARD will be useful for tucktor who ... :biggrin:

THEDOCTOR
08-06-2013, 12:13 PM
Leela - almost falling out of her outfit

THEDOCTOR
08-06-2013, 12:15 PM
the Romana's were pretty hot(and Baker was banging this one for sure and I have strong suspiscions the other one too)

vandeleur
08-06-2013, 12:16 PM
Man .. The doctor your worse than me with these pics . At my age I need big ones or I gotta go get my glasses :lol:

THEDOCTOR
08-06-2013, 12:22 PM
Romana I - The late Mary Tamm

flappo
08-06-2013, 12:24 PM
jon pertwee and tom baker were the gratest , they've all been shit since

THEDOCTOR
08-06-2013, 12:27 PM
Nicola Bryant -Peri Brown
known for her large....eyes

vandeleur
08-06-2013, 12:34 PM
Perri ... She had something :D

Seshmeister
08-06-2013, 06:30 PM
http://www2.b3ta.com/host/creative/79773/1375792592/capaldi.gif

Kristy
08-06-2013, 06:57 PM
Dr. Who is ghey

Sci-Fi rehash for the terminally unfuckable population on this gawd-forsaken planet.

vandeleur
08-07-2013, 05:26 AM
And well done once again proving you can take a shit in any thread ... Again well done .

THEDOCTOR
08-07-2013, 08:21 AM
Well all I can say is its the longest running scifi show....ever. Can't be too bad! The writing is actually way better than its ever been and the worldwide success that it is currently enjoying undermines the argument that it is a show undeserving of praise.But hey,to each his own,I hat any of the Housewives Of Hell shows,and I know lots of people who dig that,and I can't really understand the appeal of Honey Boo Boo. I'll stick to my "Sci-Fi rehash for the terminally unfuckable population on this gawd-forsaken planet" (Actually most sci fi shows are rehashing old Doctor Who plots-like The Borg being a direct rip off of The Cybermen-but hey whatever.)