PDA

View Full Version : Hooray For James Hetfield!!!

Hardrock69
08-14-2013, 08:41 AM
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sammy-hagar-wanted-james-hetfield-to-guest-on-friends-album/

Spamulus Flatulus Wanted JAMES HETFIELD To Guest On 'Friends' Album

Sammy Hagar will release a star-studded solo set on September 24, called "Sammy Hagar & Friends". Among the high-profile guest performers and/or writers are Hagar's CHICKENFOOT bandmates Michael Anthony, Chad Smith, and Joe Satriani, along with Kid Rock, Ronnie Dunn, JOURNEY's Neal Schon, HEART's Nancy Wilson and various members of MONTROSE. The album will feature covers of BOB SEGER's "Ramblin' Gamblin' Man" and DEPECHE MODE's "Personal Jesus".

Asked in a brand new interview with RollingStone.com if he was able to get every guest musician that he wanted, Hagar said: I didn't really want to say this, but I'm completely honest: James Hetfield [METALLICA] is a dear friend and we hang out in Hawaii a lot. Kid Rock did the duet on 'Knockdown Dragout', which he recorded for me instantly. I would've just as soon had James Hetfield do it, but I ran into Kid, because I did that Detroit show with him, and we were communicating about other stuff and about his tour, so I just spontaneously asked him to sing on the track. And, boom, it got done. After he finished it, I thought that I would get James to sing just the 'Knockdown! Dragout!' part. I sent it to him and told him Kid Rock was on there and the whole thing, and he got back to me and said, quote-unquote, 'I'm completely flattered that you would want my sailor-assed voice on your record.' And then he said, ' . . . but it isn't my style.' And I said, 'It's OK. I still love you, James.'"

He added: "James has become just such a great frontman. He's really powerful, and he doesn't bullshit. He's not up there doing cheap shit to become a good frontman, like I do. I'll use a stupid line like, 'Are we having any fun yet?' just to get a reaction. And I know how to say something right before you end a song, so the band ends it and you get a big giant cheer because of something I said, and it sounds like they loved the song. I know all them little old veteran tricks. James doesn't even use that shit and he's still got charisma up the ass. He's really strong, man.

"I really wanted him on there, but it doesn't fit. I was cheating by sending him that song, because if he would've heard the whole album — if a METALLICA fan would've heard this album and bought it because he was on there, they would be pissed off. This isn't a METALLICA record, you know? But he's my friend, and I would've loved to have had him on it."

As stupid as he is, at least he realizes he is a plastic suckball....

vandeleur
08-14-2013, 08:46 AM
I read the whole article on twitter , Hagar shock horror comes over as a total dirt bag .
It's by the numbers I love ed I hate ed , I love van I hate van ... Sly dig at Dave .

Cheesy cunt doesn't do him justice

binnie
08-14-2013, 10:46 AM
Papa Het is quite choosey about outside projects........

I also can't imagine that he's much of a fan of Hagar's solo material.

Hardrock69
08-14-2013, 06:34 PM
Spambot knows he's a lame klown. Maybe we should give him some credit for admitting it.......

NAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!

:hee:

Hims all crys cause someone with musical integrity won't purform onna ablum?

Him needs his fucking baby food....

http://i39.tinypic.com/5cyl8h.jpg

Kristy
08-14-2013, 07:03 PM
I'm growing impatient here. I mean, I so want to see F A T Crammy get liver cancer possibly from drinking that placenta/toxic sludge swill he calls "tequila" so I can enjoy my days mocking him as he slowly (and painfully) rots from the inside out and then to binge on a bunch of laxatives after eating at a $6 all you can eat buffet to shit all over his grave seeing that filthy plagiarizing fuck Page is still in good health. Yeah, yeah I know. What a terrible thing to say, Kristy. But ask me if I give a shit here - because I do! Or is it doo?

Terry
08-14-2013, 09:09 PM
I'm growing impatient here. I mean, I so want to see F A T Crammy get liver cancer possibly from drinking that placenta/toxic sludge swill he calls "tequila" so I can enjoy my days mocking him as he slowly (and painfully) rots from the inside out and then to binge on a bunch of laxatives after eating at a $6 all you can eat buffet to shit all over his grave seeing that filthy plagiarizing fuck Page is still in good health. Yeah, yeah I know. What a terrible thing to say, Kristy. But ask me if I give a shit here - because I do! Or is it doo?

And then, after you do all that, call up the engravers and make sure they chisel 'Sammy Hagar was a dumb, talentless fat fuck who ruined Van Halen' on his headstone in the largest letters possible. Then exhume the corpse, light it on fire, piss on it until the fire goes out, then re-bury it and throw a copy of Eat 'Em And Smile into the casket before slamming it shut and filling the grave in with raw sewage.

ELVIS
08-14-2013, 09:32 PM
I so want to see F A T Crammy get liver cancer possibly from drinking that placenta/toxic sludge swill he calls "tequila" so I can enjoy my days mocking him as he slowly (and painfully) rots from the inside out and then to binge on a bunch of laxatives after eating at a $6 all you can eat buffet to shit all over his grave seeing that filthy plagiarizing fuck Page is still in good health.

You couldn't a bottle of Cabo to decide if it was "swill" or not...

Hardrock69
08-14-2013, 10:02 PM
God damn, Terry.....hate Spambot much? :hee:

Angel
08-14-2013, 11:28 PM
You couldn't a bottle of Cabo to decide if it was "swill" or not...

Wtf???

Mr. Vengeance
08-15-2013, 09:28 AM
Wtf???

I think he forgot the word "afford"...that's my guess.

Diamondjimi
08-15-2013, 09:28 AM
Hagar.... Kid Rock.... On an album together???
Hetfield has bullshit alert on full steam... (Dunno wtf he was thinking agreeing to be Lou cocksucker Reed's backup band)

binnie
08-16-2013, 06:43 PM
(Dunno wtf he was thinking agreeing to be Lou cocksucker Reed's backup band)

I think that Lars gets 'artistic' ideas in his head sometimes, and the rest of the band indulges him. I'm not too sure why Lou Reed picked Metallica, especially since he clearly wanted the music to be essentially improvished and they're hardly improv players. If he wanted a 'loud' band, I think someone like Pearl Jam would have been a better choice - their sound would probably gell better with Lou's voice.

Metallica have 3D movie due for cinema release in the summer - it's part blockbuster, part concert. It's clearly Lars thing (or the management thinking up news ways to make money). Hetfield let it slip in an interview recently that he wanted to have a new record 'done yesterday' but they can't sit down and do it because of the movie taking up too much time (and having to tour to pay for the making of the movie).

chefcraig
08-16-2013, 06:58 PM
I think that Lars gets 'artistic' ideas in his head sometimes, and the rest of the band indulges him. I'm not too sure why Lou Reed picked Metallica, especially since he clearly wanted the music to be essentially improvished and they're hardly improv players. If he wanted a 'loud' band, I think someone like Pearl Jam would have been a better choice - their sound would probably gell better with Lou's voice.

I don't quite follow the reasoning either. Since New York Reed has recorded in a living-room setting with the guitars and drums almost muted, as if he lived in an apartment or condo and didn't wish to disturb the neighbors. The result has yielded the best music of his career. To suddenly upset the formula by bringing in the clods from Metallica and throwing them into some sort of improvisational setting is beyond comprehensible logic. Crazy Horse, Sons of Mumford, Gov't Mule, Arctic Fire? Well hell yes. Metallica? Them dickheads can't even hold a spontaneous BBQ in a back yard without contacting a manager, lawyer and 8 or 9 roadies to move the charcoal brickets and do the shopping at a fucking supermarket, let alone decide which sporting event to put up on the tv set.

binnie
08-17-2013, 05:28 PM
I don't quite follow the reasoning either. Since New York Reed has recorded in a living-room setting with the guitars and drums almost muted, as if he lived in an apartment or condo and didn't wish to disturb the neighbors. The result has yielded the best music of his career. To suddenly upset the formula by bringing in the clods from Metallica and throwing them into some sort of improvisational setting is beyond comprehensible logic. Crazy Horse, Sons of Mumford, Gov't Mule, Arctic Fire? Well hell yes. Metallica? Them dickheads can't even hold a spontaneous BBQ in a back yard without contacting a manager, lawyer and 8 or 9 roadies to move the charcoal brickets and do the shopping at a fucking supermarket, let alone decide which sporting event to put up on the tv set.

I'm a HUGE Metallica fan, but even I would admit that they could not pull off improv. Who knows what Reed was thinking......