PDA

View Full Version : tired ass MTV VMA's rant

Unchainme
08-26-2013, 08:44 PM
Actually attempted to watch this garbage.

I mainly did because Daft Punk was supposedly going to perform, and I kind of wanted to see if they did anything interesting. Daft Punk kind of goes all out on these sorts of things.

A highlight of sorts.

-Really classy to use "No sleep 'till Brookyln" after doing all those tributes to MCA after he passed away. Oh, that's right, they were too busy showing "Teen Mom". Fuck Viacom.
-Pre-show/Carpet Walk was absolute garbage. I've seen football games, and auto racing events with less ties in with sponsors. also, in defense of those, I fully expect something related to those two to be sponsored.
-More on the pre-show. It felt like a class reunion for all sorts of douche bags and tools.
-Lady Gaga's performance was very underwhelming. Tame.
-One Direction fucking sucks. Their fanbase sucks too. Fuck Simon Cowell, he is a cancer.
-Taylor Swift is this generations Debbie Gibson.
-Justin Timberlake is now regarded as a "Legendary" artist in MTV's eyes now. Yeah..okay.
-N*Sync reunited...for 2 minutes. It was awful. Also, who was asking for them to reunite? I'd prefer to leave that crap behind where it belongs.
-I've had bouts with Bronchitis more funny than Kevin Hart. Why did Dave Chappelle have to have a meltdown and leave us with that talentless hack?
-Praise heaped on Lil Kim as some "Brooklyn Icon". Right.
-My brother and I came to the conclusion that outside of the DJ/Electronic Music acts (all two of them) in attendence are the only talented people at the show.
-Miley Cyrus is really slutting up big time. She looks like a crackwhore, and has no ass. Fuck that.
-Don't ask me what "twerking" is. It's a dumb ass fade, that's really annoying.
-Robin Thicke is a no talent ass clown, but you guys know this already.

After sitting through all that garbage, the only thing I saw in regards to the only act I wanted to see, was a short 1 minute video clip. Something that was literally posted online within MINUTES of it being put up.

Look, I don't have a problem with the piece of shit award show, but don't try to sell me on the damn thing by having legitimate musical artists in attendance.

By the way, MTV knows as much about what teens/college kids listen to as much as I know about rocket science. Fucking pathetic assclown marketing majors,

fraroc
08-26-2013, 08:56 PM
You'd actually be surprised how much of my generation can't stand this shit.

twonabomber
08-26-2013, 09:53 PM
Timberlake was probably the most inoffensive thing (to me, at least) on there. I didn't watch it all, though. I heard Bruno Mars was pretty good too.

The Gaga thing was dumb.

I've been saying it all day...Madonna did this shit long before Miley and Gaga did.

Whorehey
08-26-2013, 10:01 PM
They still do VMAs? They still do videos?

Kristy
08-26-2013, 10:45 PM
You'd actually be surprised how much of my generation can't stand this shit.

Yeah, when you constantly live in 1985. No wonder.

Coyote
08-27-2013, 10:19 AM
I bet Miley's going to rehab pretty soon.
http://seriouslyforreal.com/funny/miley-cyrus-vma-performance-15-moments/

sadaist
08-27-2013, 11:22 AM
Timberlake was probably the most inoffensive thing (to me, at least) on there.

Timberlake has really earned my admiration & respect. He works his ass off, is a talented singer, dancer, actor, has terrific comedic timing, and just overall a great figure to watch. Good role model for the kids. Yeah, this guy is definitely a great talent. I saw the clip from the show & as expected he was great.

As for Miley Cyrus? I don't think I'd even hit that if she offered me a freebie. I'd feel like I was licking a public toilet. She is just nasty. Not one shred of any talent. Mileys manager to Miley: "Just go out there & let everyone know you have a vagina & are willing to shove things in it...oh, and your mouth too and maybe your butthole." That's basically her schtick.

FORD
08-27-2013, 01:02 PM
When the "big surprise" of the evening was a 30 second N'Suck reunion, you know this thing has jumped the fucking shark.

Not a single performance by an actual musician. The VMA's now have as much to do with music as anything else on eMpTyV these days.

fraroc
08-27-2013, 04:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDydr7oqsek

I don't agree with Gene on most things, but here he hit the nail right on the head.

sonrisa salvaje
08-27-2013, 04:37 PM
MTV still doing the VMAs is about as dumb as it would be for Hagar to make a Levi's commercial. I'll bet they still do it in order to have an event in which to charge more for advertising.

Mr. Vengeance
08-27-2013, 05:33 PM
Music today licks the sweat off a dead man's balls.

Regardless of what trolling cunts say.

It's total shit. Now and then one of the old greats puts out an album, and it rocks, but between those are total crapola.

FORD
08-27-2013, 05:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_czBLLkmRM

ODShowtime
08-27-2013, 05:52 PM
Someone was complaining about how all the singers on the show were "pitchy". I thought that was good news because I would think that means that there's no lip-syncing going on.

But what the fuck ever. Fuck all that noise. I'm listening to a Cream record that I bought at the flea market.

Kristy
08-27-2013, 05:54 PM
Music today licks the sweat off a dead man's balls.

Regardless of what trolling cunts say.

It's total shit. Now and then one of the old greats puts out an album, and it rocks, but between those are total crapola.

Maybe at the age of 51 you'll move out of your parents basement and find employment.

fraroc
08-27-2013, 06:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ydu1aBKgrfs

This should wash the bad taste out of our mouths.

R.I.P Daniel MacMaster. God only takes the best.

Mr. Vengeance
08-27-2013, 06:20 PM
Maybe at the age of 51 you'll move out of your parents basement and find employment.

Same boring, unoriginal comments.

Get a new act.

Anyone have ANY doubt that this dumb cunt is middle aged and 60 lbs overweight, with no friends, smoking her skunkweed in HER parents' basement? Projecting- you're guilty of it.

chuckjitsu
08-27-2013, 07:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ydu1aBKgrfs

This should wash the bad taste out of our mouths.

R.I.P Daniel MacMaster. God only takes the best.

I actually saw these guys live around the time this album was out. They opened for The Cult. Don't remember much other than Jason talking about John for a few minutes at some point during the show.

Mr. Vengeance
08-27-2013, 07:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_czBLLkmRM

I was just watching this!

tbone888
08-30-2013, 02:03 PM
Remember when you were young and one of your parents or your friend's parents said "all of today's music is shit...the only good music was what I grew up on", and thinking yeah, yeah, whatever OLD MAN. Well......

FORD
08-30-2013, 03:36 PM
Remember when you were young and one of your parents or your friend's parents said "all of today's music is shit...the only good music was what I grew up on", and thinking yeah, yeah, whatever OLD MAN. Well......

I wish I could fucking find that Robin Williams HBO special from the early 80s when he's talking about the "baby boomer" generation, and what would happen when they aged. He envisioned some cranky old man yelling at his grandkids..... Music? You kids think this garbage is music? Why back in my day we listened to Jimi Hendrix and Black Sabbath! Now THAT was music!!

fraroc
08-30-2013, 04:09 PM

Definitely the other way around today.

I can bet you right now, that there is some kid getting in trouble for listening to his Dad's LP's.

Dad: Son, why are you touching my records! You have your OWN music!
Son: But DAD!! Today's music sucks ass!!!! This shit rocks!!!

Coyote
08-30-2013, 05:34 PM
I wish I could fucking find that Robin Williams HBO special from the early 80s when he's talking about the "baby boomer" generation, and what would happen when they aged. He envisioned some cranky old man yelling at his grandkids..... Music? You kids think this garbage is music? Why back in my day we listened to Jimi Hendrix and Black Sabbath! Now THAT was music!!

"An Evening With Robin Williams"?

Kristy
08-30-2013, 09:09 PM
Same boring, unoriginal comments.

Get a new act.

Anyone have ANY doubt that this dumb cunt is middle aged and 60 lbs overweight, with no friends, smoking her skunkweed in HER parents' basement? Projecting- you're guilty of it.

Oh, the irony.

Mr. Vengeance
08-30-2013, 10:11 PM
Oh, the irony.
Oy vey.....Listen, I know you're trying really hard to be the board troll, but really, it's boring.

Notice at the end of my post that I said, "Projecting- you're guilty of it."? Pretty much says there's zero irony in my post.

Terry
08-30-2013, 10:23 PM
The odd part is how so many are apparently freaking out over Miley Cyrus "twerking" (a pretty lame term if ever there was one). Went on youtube to see what the fuss was all about re: Miley's VMA performance, and one of the comments under the video I watched was:
"OMG, Miley! My 11 year old daughter grew up watching your show, and now I have to explain to her what twerking is and why it's not appropriate. It's clear that you have to change your wicked ways. Jesus still loves you, and I'll be praying for you, Miley."
For fuck's sake, it's not like this is some new kind of thing on Miley's part. Didn't she make an appearance on the VMAs a few years back where the centerpiece of her performance was her gyrating on a stripper pole? And she was filmed smoking pot and that was put online...I mean, what kind of Christian nutjob parent is looking to Miley Cyrus to be some sort of a role model for her kid anyway?
Sometimes people have attitudes about sexuality that are throwbacks to the Victorian era.
Whatever. Anyway, I'm off to watch the old 1980s Spiderman and His Amazing show. Taped it off the HUB channel and put it on dvd, so now I can rub one out to Firestar anytime I want.

twonabomber
08-30-2013, 10:52 PM
"OMG, Miley! My 11 year old daughter grew up watching your show, and now I have to explain to her what twerking is and why it's not appropriate.

I don't get the "now I have to explain to my kid" thing. No one ever explained shit to me when I was a kid. I remember being told "it's nothing, now shut up" a lot.

Terry
08-31-2013, 02:31 PM
I don't get the "now I have to explain to my kid" thing. No one ever explained shit to me when I was a kid. I remember being told "it's nothing, now shut up" a lot.

When I grew up, society was centered around adults, not children.