PDA

View Full Version : Out with the old in with the new ...

Eyes of the Night
08-28-2013, 02:15 AM
Replacing the pickup with a Frankenstein as you all know or forgot I had on the 5150 Kramer ...

I'm keeping the wood and will replace everything that is stock ...

The Kramer IS different in that all that's out there today are Fender, Charvel, and Peavey ...

Sorry I haven't been around "ever" but here I am now and to be honest I feel like a caveman ...

Seshmeister
08-28-2013, 04:40 AM
There are cavemen reading this and shaking their heads wondering what you are trying to say... :)

envy_me
08-28-2013, 05:13 AM
Oh, I think cavemen are familiar with Kramer :)

Eyes of the Night
08-28-2013, 06:03 AM
Something about the resonance of the Kramer it's beefy but it's lacking a truss rod ... can you just add one or is it already a part of the fretboard? ...

:gulp:

jhale667
08-28-2013, 12:21 PM
Something about the resonance of the Kramer it's beefy but it's lacking a truss rod ... can you just add one or is it already a part of the fretboard? ...

For what it would cost to steam off the fretboard, have a channel routed and install a truss you could just replace the neck.

Coyote
09-27-2013, 04:10 PM
Musikraft has not one, but two variants of the Kramer headstock, IIRC...

(Been thinking about getting a backup "beak" neck for "Wifey")

jhale667
09-28-2013, 01:39 PM
Musikraft has not one, but two variants of the Kramer headstock, IIRC...

(Been thinking about getting a backup "beak" neck for "Wifey")

Yep, "large" and "small" banana headstock. I got the "large" for my Kramer Voyager.

:guitar:

ashstralia
10-08-2013, 12:10 AM

Are you sure there's no rod? My recently acquired focus 3000 has the truss rod adjustment at the butt end of the neck... You have to remove the neck to get to it. Same as my 80's 62 reissue strat.