PDA

View Full Version : BFC cast speaking AGAINST Moore?

Ally_Kat
06-28-2004, 06:11 PM
Bowling For Truth

The Unhappy Cast of Bowling
People featured in Bowling For Columbine, as well as those related to its message have voiced their opposition to Moore's manipulation of them to serve his dishonest views.

Nichols' Brother Sues 'Columbine' Director

James Nichols, the brother of Oklahoma City bombing conspirator Terry Nichols, says he was tricked into appearing in the documentary "Bowling for Columbine," according to a federal lawsuit filed against filmmaker Michael Moore.

Nichols also alleges in the lawsuit, filed Monday in Detroit, that Moore libeled him by linking him to the terrorist act.

Nichols accuses Moore of libel, defamation of character, invasion of privacy and intentional infliction of emotional distress. His lawyer is asking for a jury trial and damages ranging from $10 million to $20 million on each of nine counts, the Detroit Free Press reported.

A message seeking comment was left Tuesday with Moore's publicist.
In the film, Moore asks Nichols for an interview and steers the subject from the Oklahoma City bombing to gun ownership. Nichols tells Moore he has a gun under his pillow, and Moore asks Nichols to show him.

In the lawsuit, Nichols, who lives in Decker, said Moore misled him about the purpose of the interview.

"Bowling for Columbine" won the feature-length documentary Academy Award earlier this year.

Robert Pickell - Sheriff interviewed
Robert Pickell is the Sheriff of Genese County, Michigan. He was in Bowling for Columbine (BFC) only briefly, about 30 seconds. In an interview, Pickell, who was in the CIA for five-and-a-half years, says: "The movie was disrespectful to this country and our leaders."

He is particularly upset by one specific scene which shows airplanes crashing into the World Trade Center, accompanied by this text: "Sept. 11, 2001: Osama bin Laden uses his expert CIA training to murder 3,000 people." This assertion is so loony a reviewer in the N.Y. Times (10/11/02) called it "idiocy... hardly worth engaging."

Mark Taylor - Columbine Victim
"I am completely against him (Moore). He screwed me over," said Mark Taylor, who with Richard Castaldo was featured in the Kmart segment that resulted in the removal of bullets from the retailer's shelves nationwide.

"He completely used us to make a buck."

Taylor contends Moore wasn't upfront about his intentions when the three visited Kmart's headquarters in Troy, Mich. Taylor said he was led to believe the visit would involve a talk with the chairman about enforcing policies on selling ammunition to youth and improving gun safety.

Even with bullets still lodged in his body from the April 1999 shooting, Taylor remains supportive of gun ownership. Moore made it appear the opposite, Taylor said.

"I had no idea what Moore's agenda was. And he had an agenda. He had it all planned out, completely," Taylor said. "I believe that every American has the right to have a gun. We should have the right to protect ourselves."

Taylor said people are placing the blame on him for Kmart pulling the bullets, and the film burned bridges between him and the National Rifle Association, whose philosophies he supports.

Richard Castaldo - Columbine Victim
Wheelchair-bound from the incident, Richard Castaldo agreed Moore could have been more upfront about his intentions when visiting Kmart.

"He said he was making a movie, but wasn't too clear on what it was about," Castaldo said.

(Despite Moore's dishonesty - unlike Taylor, Castaldo said he didn't feel "used," and felt the pulling of ammunition was a positive outcome.)

Ann M Kechter - Mother of slain Columbine student
(not featured in BFC)
From the Rocky Mountain News: "Recently, a co-worker asked me if I had seen the movie Bowling for Columbine yet, I told her absolutely not! My answer surprised her, given the fact my son, Matthew, was one of the 13 murdered during the deadliest school shooting in our country's history. I explained to her that prior to the public release of the movie the families of the injured and dead were invited by Michael Moore to attend a preview screening. How thoughtful.

Our family and others considered attending because we were genuinely interested in his message to the public regarding gun control and school violence.

However, once we discovered he was going to charge us admission we refrained from doing so.

It's laughable that Moore attempts to portray himself as an anti-establishment liberal who is the voice of the common folk, when in fact he is no better than the greedy capitalists he shuns. Maybe now that he has made millions of dollars off the blood of our children he could toss a DVD or two our way to view."

Charlton Heston - President of the NRA
Why in the world would Charlton Heston let an idiot like Michael Moore inside of his house to interview him and film part of the layout of his home? When asked this question, Bill Powers, a spokesman for Heston would say only: "I won't spend 30 seconds talking about Michael Moore."

It's obvious Heston is not concerned with Michael Moore's defamation of him and wishes not to waste the energy on countering his propaganda.

--------------------------
(1) Despite what both boys say, speaking to the Canyon Courier from his New York office, Moore said he made his agenda well-known to the youths. "That's very odd to hear that," Moore said. "What part isn't clear? We were there to try and get the bullets off the shelves. That's why we were there. That's why they decided to go."

FORD
06-28-2004, 06:41 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ally_Kat

Nichols also alleges in the lawsuit, filed Monday in Detroit, that Moore libeled him by linking him to the terrorist act.

Uhhhhh..... let's see. His brother and good buddy are convivted in the bombing. The bombs were made on his farm. He was investigated by the FBI, ATF, CIA and whatever other acronym you can throw in. They might not have found anything to put him at the scene, but he IS linked by association, and it's clear that he didn't really take objection to his brothers actions, or McVeighs. So where's the libel, Jim?

Robert Pickell is the Sheriff of Genese County, Michigan. He was in Bowling for Columbine (BFC) only briefly, about 30 seconds. In an interview, Pickell, who was in the CIA for five-and-a-half years, says: "The movie was disrespectful to this country and our leaders."

He is particularly upset by one specific scene which shows airplanes crashing into the World Trade Center, accompanied by this text: "Sept. 11, 2001: Osama bin Laden uses his expert CIA training to murder 3,000 people."

And that's exactly what happenned, isn't it?

"I am completely against him (Moore). He screwed me over," said Mark Taylor, who with Richard Castaldo was featured in the Kmart segment that resulted in the removal of bullets from the retailer's shelves nationwide.

Taylor contends Moore wasn't upfront about his intentions when the three visited Kmart's headquarters in Troy, Mich. Taylor said he was led to believe the visit would involve a talk with the chairman about enforcing policies on selling ammunition to youth and improving gun safety.

Even with bullets still lodged in his body from the April 1999 shooting, Taylor remains supportive of gun ownership. Moore made it appear the opposite, Taylor said.

"I had no idea what Moore's agenda was. And he had an agenda. He had it all planned out, completely," Taylor said. "I believe that every American has the right to have a gun. We should have the right to protect ourselves."

Taylor said people are placing the blame on him for Kmart pulling the bullets, and the film burned bridges between him and the National Rifle Association, whose philosophies he supports.

Bullshit. He went to the store and bought the bullets. He took them to the K-Mart corporate headquarters, and he knew that changing K-Mart's policies was the objective. The fact that KMart gave them MORE than they asked for can hardly be blamed on Michael Moore. And exactly HOW does the removal of bullets from a store such as K-mart interfere with the second ammendment.. BTW Michael Moore remains a lifetime NRA member, as far as I know.

Why in the world would Charlton Heston let an idiot like Michael Moore inside of his house to interview him and film part of the layout of his home? When asked this question, Bill Powers, a spokesman for Heston would say only: "I won't spend 30 seconds talking about Michael Moore."

It's obvious Heston is not concerned with Michael Moore's defamation of him and wishes not to waste the energy on countering his propaganda.

Charlton Heston's explanation for why America has exponentially more gun violence than any other industrialized country (regardless of the number of guns) was nothing but RACIST BULLSHIT. It was Moses spewing the propaganda here, not Moore. Moore established a solid case that it was the corporate media induced fear culture that was behind much of the violence - a condition that doen't exist in the UK, Germany, France, Japan, Australia, or even in Canada, country that we usually think of as much like our own.

Cathedral
06-28-2004, 07:46 PM
Michael Moore is a sack of shit who will never have a dollar of mine in his pocket, nuff said...

FORD
06-28-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Michael Moore is a sack of shit who will never have a dollar of mine in his pocket, nuff said...

Well here's a compromise for you then.... go see the movie at a Loews theater. They just got bought by the Carlyle Group, so that way you can give money to Michael Moore AND the BCE at the same time ;)

rustoffa
06-29-2004, 12:17 AM
Make no mistake, Moore is a student of media manipulation.
The current sensationalistic cloud of shit surrounding reasonable
politics plays right into his hands. He should be condemned by
the very demographic he appeals to as a capitalizing fucking
charlatan. He's stirring the pot with prejudiced profit on his mind.

John Ashcroft
06-29-2004, 08:31 AM
Michael Moore is profiteering off of the suffering of others. First Columbine, now Iraq. Fucking hypocrite.

FORD
06-29-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
Michael Moore is profiteering off of the suffering of others. First Columbine, now Iraq. Fucking hypocrite.

You don't have a problem with the BCE profiteering from the suffering of others, which they have done for the last 8 decades or so, just Michael Moore for making movies.

Riiiiiiiiiiight..... :rolleyes:

John Ashcroft
06-29-2004, 08:49 AM
He's doing exactly what he's accusing his subjects of doing. He's a hypocrite.

Keeyth
06-30-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
Bowling For Truth

People featured in Bowling For Columbine, as well as those related to its message have voiced their opposition to Moore's manipulation of them to serve his dishonest views.

James Nichols, the brother of Oklahoma City bombing conspirator Terry Nichols, says he was tricked into appearing in the documentary "Bowling for Columbine," according to a federal lawsuit filed against filmmaker Michael Moore.

Nichols accuses Moore of libel, defamation of character, invasion of privacy and intentional infliction of emotional distress. His lawyer is asking for a jury trial and damages ranging from $10 million to $20 million on each of nine counts, the Detroit Free Press reported.

In the film, Moore asks Nichols for an interview and steers the subject from the Oklahoma City bombing to gun ownership. Nichols tells Moore he has a gun under his pillow, and Moore asks Nichols to show him.

In the lawsuit, Nichols, who lives in Decker, said Moore misled him about the purpose of the interview.

"Bowling for Columbine" won the feature-length documentary Academy Award earlier this year.

He is particularly upset by one specific scene which shows airplanes crashing into the World Trade Center, accompanied by this text: "Sept. 11, 2001: Osama bin Laden uses his expert CIA training to murder 3,000 people." This assertion is so loony a reviewer in the N.Y. Times (10/11/02) called it "idiocy... hardly worth engaging."

Wheelchair-bound from the incident, Richard Castaldo agreed Moore could have been more upfront about his intentions when visiting Kmart.

"He said he was making a movie, but wasn't too clear on what it was about," Castaldo said.

(Despite Moore's dishonesty - unlike Taylor, Castaldo said he didn't feel "used," and felt the pulling of ammunition was a positive outcome.)

(not featured in BFC)
From the Rocky Mountain News: "Recently, a co-worker asked me if I had seen the movie Bowling for Columbine yet, I told her absolutely not! My answer surprised her, given the fact my son, Matthew, was one of the 13 murdered during the deadliest school shooting in our country's history. I explained to her that prior to the public release of the movie the families of the injured and dead were invited by Michael Moore to attend a preview screening. How thoughtful.

Our family and others considered attending because we were genuinely interested in his message to the public regarding gun control and school violence.

However, once we discovered he was going to charge us admission we refrained from doing so.

It's laughable that Moore attempts to portray himself as an anti-establishment liberal who is the voice of the common folk, when in fact he is no better than the greedy capitalists he shuns. Maybe now that he has made millions of dollars off the blood of our children he could toss a DVD or two our way to view."

(1) Despite what both boys say, speaking to the Canyon Courier from his New York office, Moore said he made his agenda well-known to the youths. "That's very odd to hear that," Moore said. "What part isn't clear? We were there to try and get the bullets off the shelves. That's why we were there. That's why they decided to go."

Sorry babe, but they all just sound like people who didn't know the movie was going to be such a huge success, and are now bitter about not getting PAID!!!

You know I love ya babe, but...
FORD answered your questions, why can't you answer Micheal Moores? Oh, that's right. You've made up your mind BEFORE seeing the movie.... ...Hmmm

DaveIsKing
06-30-2004, 01:56 PM
Michael Moron is a propagandist...pure and simple.

I so wish that Penn&Teller would do a BULLSHIT! segment on this fucking fat loser.

Ally_Kat
06-30-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Keeyth

You know I love ya babe, but...
FORD answered your questions, why can't you answer Micheal Moores? Oh, that's right. You've made up your mind BEFORE seeing the movie....

And you saw the movie? What did Moore say that hasn't been broadcasted/discussed/known already in the public and in random threads with Ford over the years?

You may be new to this section of the board, but the regulars here have been going at all this since 9/11. If the boards hadn't crashed, I could give you so many links you wouldn't know what to do.

edit -- of all the people I've talked to here in NY, everyone who went to see it already made their mind up before they saw the movie, too. The difference between me and them? They decided against Bush. But I bet they are better than me and have a right to do so because it's against Bush

Guitar Shark
06-30-2004, 03:54 PM
BFC.... BCE.... too similar to be unrelated!!! :eek:

Keeyth
06-30-2004, 04:54 PM
And you saw the movie? What did Moore say that hasn't been broadcasted/discussed/known already in the public and in random threads with Ford over the years?

You may be new to this section of the board, but the regulars here have been going at all this since 9/11. If the boards hadn't crashed, I could give you so many links you wouldn't know what to do.

edit -- of all the people I've talked to here in NY, everyone who went to see it already made their mind up before they saw the movie, too. The difference between me and them? They decided against Bush. But I bet they are better than me and have a right to do so because it's against Bush

Actually no, I haven't seen the movie yet... ...but I have been going on about this since a month after 9/11 as well...
...and interestingly enough, long before I knew who Micheal Moore was... ...maybe not here, but elsewhere, and I have plenty of links myself. It may be harder for you to accept what Bush has done because you are in fact living IN New York, but it's a reality I think you will soon realize...
...one way or another.

LadyTudor2711
09-26-2004, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral

OH my, I completely agree. That fat, disgusting bastard will never get a single cent from me, nor will I suffer through his movies. I saw the part where he was abusive to Charleton Heston, what nerve... Michael Moore is so aggressively ugly that he frightens me. The sight of him sickens me. I hope he get so fat that he explodes and we will never have to hear from that filthy bastard again.

LT

FORD
09-26-2004, 11:11 PM
Oh my... a troll digging up old threads to start shit. How refreshing :rolleyes:

Rikk
09-26-2004, 11:19 PM
Bowling For Truth

(not featured in BFC)

:rolleyes: LOL...shooting the messenger. Cracks me up.

DrMaddVibe
09-27-2004, 01:18 PM
He also lied about GM too.

EVERYTHING this fatass does is an outright lie or a lie by ommission. Either way it's a lie.

JCOOK
09-27-2004, 04:21 PM
Leave Mikey alone hes' about one krispy kreme away from meeting his maker

Ally_Kat
09-27-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe

EVERYTHING this fatass does is an outright lie or a lie by ommission. Either way it's a lie.

you might likethis (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10733) then

Keeyth
09-27-2004, 06:44 PM

Unfortunately for you, even if you dislike what Moore has said, even someone as brainwashed as you has to admit there is enough truth behind what he has said that it deserves further investigation... ...oh, but wait, that would mean uncovering the truth... ...and the truth is something Republicans, at least the Busheep, are very VERY afraid of...

Big Train
09-27-2004, 07:39 PM
Not afraid at all...bring it on I say. If he could fill in some of the holes in his research, perhaps I might be able to take him more seriously. The flights of fancy currently required to buy his theories just don't do it for me..I need facts EVERY step of the way.

John Ashcroft
09-27-2004, 09:06 PM
Unfortunately for you, even if you dislike what Moore has said, even someone as brainwashed as you has to admit there is enough truth behind what he has said that it deserves further investigation... ...oh, but wait, that would mean uncovering the truth... ...and the truth is something Republicans, at least the Busheep, are very VERY afraid of...

Come on now dude, let's get serious for a second...

Of which "truth" do you speaketh?

Seems to me, every time you libs post "truth" around here, it comes from some underground web site or admittedly pro-democrat source. None of which are reputable.

So which "Truths" are we all missing? And be sure to post legitimate supporting evidence, mkay?

That fact is, you can tell which party's interested in truth simply by which labels they're willing to embrace. A Conservative will proudly call themselves Conservative. Will a Liberal do the same? Seems to me, Liberal politicians do their damndest to run from that particular label. Ever wonder why?

LoungeMachine
09-27-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft

Any more than Halliburton?

Any more than the Bush family?

Any more than your man Chalabi did?

He could donate every dollar he makes to YOUR favorite charity and you'd STILL hate him.

Let's not make this about money. Tell the truth.

YOU dont like that he points out your president's ignorance.

fucking hypocrite

LoungeMachine
09-27-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Big Train
Not afraid at all...bring it on I say. If he could fill in some of the holes in his research, perhaps I might be able to take him more seriously. The flights of fancy currently required to buy his theories just don't do it for me..I need facts EVERY step of the way.

With all due respect BT, too bad you dont require the SAME chain of evidence with regards to your administrations lies and misdirections

Big Train
09-27-2004, 09:36 PM
With all due respect Lounge, YOU ARE the one calling them that. I don't feel there are any and when I do I will question it. My standards change for nobody...

LoungeMachine
09-27-2004, 09:43 PM
What do YOU call the lead up to the sequal to MY DADDY'S WAR???

Are you actually saying that NO lies or misdirections were approved by this administration.? seriously?

What about Wolfies OWN admission that they ETTLED on the WMD issue as the best one to sell the public?

LoungeMachine
09-27-2004, 09:45 PM
the word my fingers were attempting was SETTLED

LoungeMachine
09-27-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Big Train
. My standards change for nobody...

I respect that.

Since your administation [ shrub, dickie, rummy, wolfie, condi, et al ] NEVER admit to ANY mistakes, I have a serious, sincere question for you, my right wing friend.

Do YOU personally feel your administration has made any MAJOR errors in the last 4 years, and if so, what are they?

LoungeMachine
09-27-2004, 10:03 PM
regardless BT,

here's a fiver

for a right wing nut, you're alright

Big Train
09-28-2004, 12:20 AM
Well, I thank you and I respect similarily.

To respond, I guess it depends on what your fishing for. As far as what I disagree with about the administration, it's mostly envoirnmental. I think neither party gets it right. The conservatives don't go far enough and the liberals write stupid legislation with no teeth. I am concerned about the earth, but am practical, no earth day nut.

The "lies and misdirections" I fail to see. If we are talking Iraq, I have detailed my positions in many threads. I think the intel was good but we took too long to get there. Consequently, a few people had to fall on their swords and declare a mistake was made. The Swift Boat thing Kerry brought on himself, thinking he was in a position of strength. I have no issue with Halliburton and do not believe the war was for profit or oil, as nobody who holds that position can show me with any degree of accuracy any proof of financial benefit.

I'm sure I'm missing stuff you'd like to address..

DrMaddVibe
09-28-2004, 10:53 AM

BRAINWASHED! Hows' bout being able to tell the truth from a lie! Every single one of Moo-re's "films" are the same. Lying by ommission, splicing and editing words to fit his agenda. The topic is the only thing that changes. GM, NRA, The tragedy at Columbine, 9-11 and the Bush administration. Same stuff different day, yet you want to call ME brainwashed. That's good. There are scores of places where his work is discredited or shown for what it really is, you chose to believe Moo-re because it fits your personal agenda and not the Truth! You really should look at everything from both angles and know your target before you blab about people you know NOTHING about!

Keeyth
10-19-2004, 08:08 PM
BRAINWASHED! Hows' bout being able to tell the truth from a lie! Every single one of Moo-re's "films" are the same. Lying by ommission, splicing and editing words to fit his agenda. The topic is the only thing that changes. GM, NRA, The tragedy at Columbine, 9-11 and the Bush administration. Same stuff different day, yet you want to call ME brainwashed. That's good. There are scores of places where his work is discredited or shown for what it really is, you chose to believe Moo-re because it fits your personal agenda and not the Truth! You really should look at everything from both angles and know your target before you blab about people you know NOTHING about!

I'm sorry, but you mistake me for someone else. I have no personal agenda, other than wanting a safer America for my child to grow up in, and to have a government that is not being run by a criminal syndicate. If that is your idea of a personal agenda, O.K....:rolleyes: