PDA

View Full Version : Hardrock 69's Magic Iron Maiden Review.....Gnashville, TN...

Hardrock69
09-06-2013, 09:48 PM
Ok....so....yesterday afternoon, got downtown....found my perfect parking spot...which is only 2 blocks from the arena.

Walked down, looked at merch in the merch tent set up there...by the way...for those of you who have not seen this tour yet....the sides and back of the merch tent make for a perfect backdrop for photo ops....there were some guys from El Salvador there...the usual cast of characters from ALL OVER THE WORLD, lol. And we all took turns reveling in the fact we were going to get pummeled in the next hour or so....

Walked down to Rock Bottom on Lower Broadway.....went up to our own private floor, lol. Iron Maiden Fan Club bash. Maiden fans EVERYWHERE. Had a drink and burger and fries...20 bucks and I feel I got away cheap.....met people from all over the world....a testament to Iron Maiden's universal appeal......

Walked up Broadway to the Arena.....found the Iron Maiden Fan Club hospitality room......large room....met even more Maiden fans.....and just before I got to the room, I saw guitarist Damon Johnson, currently in Thin Lizzy going down the hall. I heard he lives here, but I dunno, lol.

Got a shirt right off the bat......how could I not?

And the amazing thing...this really cool thing...is that Nashville is the Mecca Of Country Music. The whole Lower Broadway machine is set up to make those cuntry tourist dollars....and as I walked down the street there was a sea of Iron Maiden shirts as far as the eye could see. No matter where you looked....in front, behind......across the street....in all the clubs, bars and restaurants that line the streets there.....mwuhahahahaaha......"it's number....is thirty-three and a third...."

We invaded downtown Nashville, lol.

It was a once in a lifetime experience.

And then, a great show....acceptable volume for Bridgestone....LOUD.

Megadeth came out and played a great set. I saw some lamer say someplace else on the net that their drummer sucked.....but the guy is full of fucking shit. Interesting video screen backdrop made for highly entertaining entertainment.

And there were other elements to the show that had me laffing like a muffukka.....Dave and Co. don't take themselves too seriously.

Personally, I never was into this band. The musicianship is great, though Dave sort of growls his way through all his tunes, lol. Hey, it's a signature sound haha.

Anyway, they played a decent opening set. My second time seeing them...first time was in the early 90s in a 2000-seat-ballroom.

One other thing Maiden does right is pick great bands to open for them.
That really adds extra value to the package.

They played the same set as last year's tour. Bruce is not one of those singers who loses his voice early in life. I noticed he was substituting lower vocal lines occasionally on some of the songs. He screamed a few times where he about tore my fool haid off. I would say he was just a little off in the vocal department, but hey, he has a few years on me, and he is electrifying as a performer.

Band was as lively as ever....at one point Dave brought out the black and white Gibson Flying V he played last year as well. I love those guitars.

Over the years I have understood both sides of the Jannick argument.
Yes he is excess musical baggage, but he is entertaining to say the least. He can seriously shred on the guitar....but more often than not I hear a bunch of flash with no substance.....if he retired it would not bother me if the band kept on without him....they existed for years before he showed up anyway. This is the only band in metal history that could have a re-union of the original lineup...by getting rid of one member, lol.

But on the flip side, it was right honorable for Harry to keep him on when Adrian came back.......seriously....and in this business called Musical Ass-Rape, that integrity counts for a lot. The bastards always go the extra mile.
Astonishing as a band, as people, as an organization.

Iron Maiden.....these motherfuckers SLAYED!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OdB0MlyOlc

After the show I hung out with friends, had much fun.....then back to the 4-wheeled vehicle device for the drive home.

And I saved my hearing by using earplugs. At one point I took them out, and the sound pressure levels were too much. So my ears are not ringing.

Dig?

?

!

??!
!?!
!?!
!?!??!?
!?!
?!??
?

?!!????!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??

?

Hardrock69
09-06-2013, 11:18 PM
Hail Satan! :hee:

http://i42.tinypic.com/x1yb2q.jpg

Hardrock69
09-17-2013, 09:00 PM
Ahh...seems Brian Slagel was at this show.

http://instagram.com/p/d5szbWlaJk/#

I just noticed something.....lower right-hand corner of the photo above...dude is wearing a yellow fireman's hat, lol.

jacksmar
09-18-2013, 03:43 PM
deleted