PDA

View Full Version : New Band - KXM Luzier, Lynch, Pinnick

Seshmeister
09-17-2013, 05:12 AM
Formed in early 2013, the band consists of Ray Luzier (KORN) on drums, Doug Pinnick (KINGS X) on bass and vocals, and legendary guitarist George Lynch (LYNCH MOB/T&N/DOKKEN) on guitar. In this introductory trailer the band describes how they came together, the meaning behind the name "KXM" and give us a glimpse into their stellar songwriting ability as they perform the song "Gun Fight" from their upcoming full length release (title/release date tba). For all the latest updates please visit the KXM official Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/KXMofficial

DLR Bridge
09-17-2013, 06:03 AM
Totally looking forward to it!

That riff in the beginning of the clip was great.

I guess Billy Sheehan didn't expect his Winery Dogs to take off. He was originally part of this project.

The song sounds a lot like solo dUg from his Strum Some Up CD.

Anti-govt sentiment, kinda safe route for a rocker with angst. Lol.

George is in his glory playing with a real drummer.

DUg "We're bimusical. We'll fuck anything." Priceless

Sounds like a Mike Varney production

Sesh, you got the band name wrong in the title.
(please dump this sentence if you fix it. :yo:)

DLR Bridge
09-17-2013, 06:29 AM
This is the third CD dUg has put out this year,and he toured with King's X and he's sixty-fucking-three!! Wish he set the bar for all the other lazy assed rockers out there.

Seshmeister
09-17-2013, 06:42 AM
Sesh, you got the band name wrong in the title.
(please dump this sentence if you fix it. :yo:)

LOL!

Brainfart - XFM is the local Classic Rock radio station here... :)

Kristy
09-17-2013, 11:25 AM
Sounds like my dog took a shit, ate that shit, regurgitated out that shit and then worms ate what was left over of that shit and then a bird ate the worms that ate that regurgitated shit and then reregurgitate that shit into more shit that the baby birds ate and then shitted on the ground that I walked into and then scaped that shit of my shoe upon which these shitheads somehow made into what they call music.

sonrisa salvaje
09-17-2013, 12:21 PM
Sounds like my dog took a shit, ate that shit, regurgitated out that shit and then worms ate what was left over of that shit and then a bird ate the worms that ate that regurgitated shit and then reregurgitate that shit into more shit that the baby birds ate and then shitted on the ground that I walked into and then scaped that shit of my shoe upon which these shitheads somehow made into what they call music.

So what's your dog's name?

Kristy
09-17-2013, 12:56 PM
Dawg.

DLR Bridge
09-17-2013, 01:47 PM
Like with the other thread, faith restored or whatever, sometimes some good ol' straight forward rock that doesn't necessarily split the atom or reinvent the wheel is still good enough to enjoy. It is, after all, just a project with some aging rockers. Doesn't mean it can't yield a thing, two or three worth spinning every now and then. These "shit Heads" have earned my ear to atleast check it out. The jury's out as to whether or not they'll make my money though. Times is lean.

FORD
09-17-2013, 03:41 PM
Dawg.

Is he a Black Dog (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tlSx0jkuLM)? :biggrin:

sonrisa salvaje
09-17-2013, 04:24 PM
Another band that i have been checking out is called Black Star Riders which is basically the name Thin Lizzy is recording under now. They have a song out called Bound for Glory and the guy sounds like Phil for sure. Out of respect to the latter, they didn't want to record under the name Thin Lizzy which i think is admirable. I am digging the cd....you guys need to check it out.

DLR Bridge
09-17-2013, 04:53 PM
I remember 78/84 Guy talking them up a couple of weeks ago. They sound alright. I'd prefer Damon Johnson do lead vocals rather than back a guy singing like Phil, but it's not bad.

jhale667
09-17-2013, 05:34 PM
Definitely interested to hear more of this, "Gun Fight" sounds cool!

:guitar:

Terry
09-17-2013, 09:53 PM
I think I like the production and the way the song was recorded maybe a little bit more than what they actually played...although Luzier was excellent.

SunisinuS
09-17-2013, 10:25 PM

I think he ate my stash...follow the little mother fucker around for the next three days so I can get it back please.

VHscraps
09-18-2013, 07:13 AM
I don't quite have Kristy's way with words, but what I ask myself when these kind of guys - the sidemen with great chops etc - form one of these 'supergroup' type of bands, is do any of these super-talented dudes, great players, etc. have a track record of writing great tunes that I have remembered from their glory days?

Er, no.

I did however hear a great tune when I was watching a movie last night, which I'd be willing to bet will kick ass over anything they manage to do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otR1Pzm4j-s

rock and roll people

DLR Bridge
09-18-2013, 08:27 AM
Little odd coming from you scraps. Is the song you posted in competition with a side project these guys are excited about taking a stab at? Outside of the shitty singing contest TV shows, is there really any place for competitiveness in a purely subjective art form?

I've enjoyed elements of the bodies of work from all 3 members of this project. This could be a bomb (however, I'm sure they're not looking to conquer the world anyway) or there can be some tasty grooves to enjoy. I'm certain there are way better things out there, but why even bother putting them on a scale?

VHscraps
09-18-2013, 09:51 AM
aha haha!

VHscraps
09-18-2013, 09:57 AM
Nah, nothing like that, DLRB. I just felt an overwhelming urge to drink beer when I heard that Ash Grunwald tune! And thought - YES, this is the best thing ever ... or the best thing I've heard for ages.

Call it midlife crisis, teenage nervous breakdown, etc., over-excitement in advance of tonight's Celtic vs. AC Milan champions league match. The beers have been primed, and Ash Grunwald is providing the rock and roll meantime ...

sonrisa salvaje
09-23-2013, 10:50 AM
I remember 78/84 Guy talking them up a couple of weeks ago. They sound alright. I'd prefer Damon Johnson do lead vocals rather than back a guy singing like Phil, but it's not bad.

I know what you mean. At this point in time i am looking for anything that can hold my attention for a just a little bit. Except for ADKOT i haven't listened to anything for weeks at a time.

Speaking of supergroups, has anyone listed to the full cd of the Winery Dogs? I haven't yet and didn't want to without recommendation.

DLR Bridge
09-23-2013, 12:14 PM
Not yet. I'm loving the chorus to that song, Elevate, but not feeling the rest of it. The whole bluesy croaking mixed with Mr. Big-esque over indulgent synchronized bass and guitar hammering is just too... I don't know. They're trying too hard and it just comes off like showing off. Hopefully, for their sake, they've concentrated on putting together some more decently thought through songs that are well played, rather then flash, flash, flash. But hey, that's just my taste right now. I rarely put on my Racer X CDs these days. Twenty years ago, I played them to death.

WARF
10-28-2013, 12:05 PM
George Lynch
Doug Pinnick
Ray Luzier

This is gonna be great whatever the final result is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVZft-EUrYs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

jhale667
10-28-2013, 12:07 PM
Dupe thread.

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?69449-New-Band-KXM-Luzier-Lynch-Pinnick

WARF
10-28-2013, 12:10 PM
Haven't been around lately. Thanks!

Doug Pinnick is a drummer's wet dream!!!

twonabomber
10-28-2013, 01:06 PM
Haven't been around lately. Thanks!

Like that matters. You repost your own old threads! :D

WARF
10-29-2013, 08:39 AM
Like that matters. You repost your own old threads! :D

I knew that was coming ;)

Von Halen
10-29-2013, 12:57 PM
I cannot fucking wait for this album to come out!

I spoke to Ray fairly extensively about this project, earlier this month. He is very excited by it. Genuinely appreciative to be playing with these guys. He told me he always teases Lynch that he owes him a day, because he spent a whole day in Pittsburgh when he was in high school, waiting in line for Dokken tickets to go on sale!

DrMaddVibe
10-29-2013, 12:59 PM
I dunno..I enjoyed the Winery Dogs release for what it was.

If their own bands aren't gonna do anything...go out and DO SOMETHING!

Eddie...Alex...you listening?

DrMaddVibe
10-29-2013, 01:01 PM
Not yet. I'm loving the chorus to that song, Elevate, but not feeling the rest of it. The whole bluesy croaking mixed with Mr. Big-esque over indulgent synchronized bass and guitar hammering is just too... I don't know. They're trying too hard and it just comes off like showing off. Hopefully, for their sake, they've concentrated on putting together some more decently thought through songs that are well played, rather then flash, flash, flash. But hey, that's just my taste right now. I rarely put on my Racer X CDs these days. Twenty years ago, I played them to death.

If that's honestly how ya feel...all right...it wasn't going to change the world kinda music though...it was just them paying back some fans and not resting on their laurels...which they could do.

Racer X eh? Well, all right.

DLR Bridge
10-29-2013, 01:57 PM
I'm down with decent grooves and catchy melodies these days. The flash is ok, but certainly not required for my listening enjoyment. If Ed's solos were only half as bitching as they turned out on ADKOT, I'd have been ok with that, too.