PDA

View Full Version : Oh No! Fawn Leibowitz Is Dead!

Hardrock69
09-25-2013, 09:57 AM
This was posted on the CNN iReport page, but for some warped reason they took it down.

So sad....:(

It is still viewable though...the Google cache:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:xS5XTrEJv7QJ:ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-65526+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

http://i39.tinypic.com/14uwfn7.jpg

FAWN LIEBOWITZ DIES

WOUNDED DEER, Massachusetts - Emily Dickinson College sophomore Fawn Liebowitz died suddenly last week in a kiln explosion on campus. Liebowitz, 20, a sociology major from Fort Wayne, Indiana, was tragically killed while firing a pot in the new kiln in Sylvia Plath Hall. "Messy" was how Wounded Deer Fire Chief Michael Redman described the scene of the accident. "It was hard to tell the pot shards from the body parts," said the pyrodefense professional. "She just blew like a frog sucking on a cherry bomb," Redman added. The cleanup of Plath Hall has been further complicated by a thin coat of glaze that has affixed many of the body parts to the light fixtures and hand railings. In the wake of this tragedy, there has been talk among Emily Dickinson students of renaming Plath Hall to Fawn Hall. Until she was blown to bits, friends would say that Fawn's best feature was her smile. Her roommate, Shelly Dubinsky (sophomore, primitive cultures), described Fawn as "a special friend who liked to share her thoughts and experiences, and who had a curiosity about life and relationships." Her long-time boyfriend (they were "engaged to be engaged"), Eric "Otter" Stratton of nearby Faber College, was in shock when he first learned of Fawn's passing. "I just talked to her last week. She was going to make a pot for me," Stratton said while attempting to hold back tears. Services have already been held. In lieu of flowers or donations, the family requests that friends express their grief by posting comments on line at: www.myspace.com/crazycueball. CCNN thanks The Blue Republic (www.thebluerepublic.com) for contributing to this iReport.

THEDOCTOR
09-25-2013, 11:45 AM
That's awesome!

High Life Man
09-25-2013, 04:40 PM
Yet no mention of close friend Brunella. FOR SHAME!

chefcraig
09-25-2013, 06:06 PM
Utterly brilliant! :winner::lmao:

Sensible Shoes
09-25-2013, 08:54 PM
Love the description of the kiln accident.

Hardrock69
09-25-2013, 08:58 PM
I found out later it was originally posted in 2008. But no matter. :hee:

chefcraig
09-26-2013, 10:01 PM
Don't fuckin' matter here. I shared this with several folks in a public setting, and just about all of 'em (of a certain age) retired to their cars, laughing their collective asses off.

I was at one point concerned about losing my job over this exposure, until my supervisor saw the article I'd spread about from the initial link (now gone). Seeing yer oversee-er bent over with laughter kinda works in your favor. As does having everyone else on shift at that time, does also.

What a great, inspired moment. Thanks to Hardrock69 for capturing it.:yo: