PDA

View Full Version : Wasted Potential.....

Hardrock69
09-25-2013, 12:58 PM
So back in the 90s I used to hang out at this rock club. It opened in about 1989, closed I think in about 1999 or so. I basically lived there. Lotsa great memories.

There was a small gaggle of girls. About 4 or 5 of them. 2 of them were sisters, and the whole group was involved in all that fucking soap opera drama shit that young girls are into.

One of them was really cool. Smart, sensible, etc. I always hoped she would have a good life.

Well, in the early 2000s I heard she had gotten arrested for something. She was at a girlfriend's house....the friend's boyfriend was there.....this chick wanted to run to the store, so boyfriend tells her she can borrow his car. She got 2 blocks away and was pulled over. Car was stolen, and house had been under surveillance to catch the boyfriend.

Anyway....so my friend goes to the slammer. I discovered this in about 2009. Decided to write her in prison. We traded letters for about a year. Then she got transferred to another facility and I lost track of her. Found out she had served her sentence and gotten out.

Last night I was wondering what happened to her so I typed her name into Google.

Ugh....first hit I got was to the Oklahoma Department of Corrections inmate search.

About 2 years ago, right after she dropped off my radar, she got arrested in OK and charged with trafficking in heroin. 15 year sentence. Eligible for parole in 2016.

What a fucking waste. She could have had a great life, but she fucked it all up.

Oh well.

For the rest of us, life goes on. :(

Jérôme Frenchise
09-25-2013, 01:31 PM
Very sad indeed. .

Maybe she could have avoided that fate, if she hadn't taken that goddamn car - did she know it had been stolen and the guy was wanted?

Hardrock69
09-25-2013, 04:25 PM
No. But she was out on parole for the car thing in the mid-2000s, and got popped later on for using someone else's ATM card, and possession of a controlled substance. So she got sent back to the slammer and then I later found out about her being in the p-farm.

She apparently just could not make good decisions about who to hang out with. :(

Spending 10-15 years of your life in prison over petty shit like that is just stupidity.

She was not a girlfriend of mine, we just hung out at the same club for quite a few years. So I had no reason to be depressed, but last night's news that she was back in the slam bummed me out.

That is what happens when you care about people and they fuck up.