PDA

View Full Version : Metallica Rocks The Colbert Report

Va Beach VH Fan
09-25-2013, 09:46 PM
<embed style="display:block" src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:video:colbertnation.com:429269" width="288" height="247" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="window" allowFullscreen="true" flashvars="autoPlay=false" allowscriptaccess="always" allownetworking="all" bgcolor="#000000"></embed>

<embed style="display:block" src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:video:colbertnation.com:429270" width="288" height="247" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="window" allowFullscreen="true" flashvars="autoPlay=false" allowscriptaccess="always" allownetworking="all" bgcolor="#000000"></embed>

This song wasn't on the show, online only....

<embed style="display:block" src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:video:colbertnation.com:429273" width="288" height="247" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="window" allowFullscreen="true" flashvars="autoPlay=false" allowscriptaccess="always" allownetworking="all" bgcolor="#000000"></embed>

binnie
09-26-2013, 06:22 AM
Cheers dude.

I'm intrigued by the Metallica movie thats about to be released. Rock 'n' roll movies are a hit and miss genre, but this one looks interesting.....

Seshmeister
09-26-2013, 07:47 AM
It would be more interesting if it was a snuff movie... :)

DrMaddVibe
09-26-2013, 08:43 AM
It would be more interesting if it was a snuff movie... :)

That was their movie..."Some Kind Of Monster"! THAT basically killed what little credibility they had after Cliff's death. They came off like little whining bitches. James fresh out of rehab with his new pal The Shrink that wanted to become a member of the band...yeah...Dave Mustaine was in it...so they could somehow say sorry, but Dave used it as fuel to better his musical legacy and bury what was Metallica.

CLIFF 'EM ALL

Va Beach VH Fan
09-26-2013, 09:03 AM
One of my old Navy buddies is Kirk's 1st cousin and lives in the same area around 'Frisco... He goes to most of their shows when they're in CA....

If I ever get up that way, I gotta track him down and hook me up with meeting him.... For the inflated egos of James and Lars, Kirk really seems like a cool dude....

sadaist
09-26-2013, 10:02 AM
That was their movie..."Some Kind Of Monster"! THAT basically killed what little credibility they had after Cliff's death. They came off like little whining bitches. James fresh out of rehab with his new pal The Shrink that wanted to become a member of the band...yeah...Dave Mustaine was in it...so they could somehow say sorry, but Dave used it as fuel to better his musical legacy and bury what was Metallica.

CLIFF 'EM ALL

They had Dave in it the same way Sammy Hagar always has to mention VH. Dave Mustaine is the most interesting thing about Metallica. Don't get me wrong. I fucking LOVE Metallica up through Justice. L O V E!!! But since the Black album they got bad fast. Methinks cause they ran out of Mustaine riffs to build songs off of?? Yeah.

And I clicked hee because it said "Metallica rocks...." and I thought to myself oh bullshit. I gotta see this.

Lars is still a little cunt. (and I typically love little cunts. They are the best)

FORD
09-26-2013, 10:25 AM
Curious how they make a "rare" appearance on TV to plug their new project, and then play two old songs.

sadaist
09-26-2013, 10:40 AM
Curious how they make a "rare" appearance on TV to plug their new project, and then play two old songs.

Yeah, but one of those "old songs" is basically their Gimme Shelter, Stairway, Dream On...Just surprised they did that one online & Bell Tolls live on TV.

sadaist
09-26-2013, 10:43 AM
Found this picture of Trujillos mom.....

http://cdn.zmescience.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/crab-yellow.jpg

DrMaddVibe
09-26-2013, 11:30 AM
Found a pic of Robert's dad!

http://s3.amazonaws.com/picable/2008/12/31/578897_GUITAR-PLAYING-GORILLA_620.jpg

sadaist
09-26-2013, 11:33 AM
Found a pic of Robert's dad!

http://s3.amazonaws.com/picable/2008/12/31/578897_GUITAR-PLAYING-GORILLA_620.jpg

:lmao:

binnie
09-26-2013, 01:57 PM
They had Dave in it the same way Sammy Hagar always has to mention VH. Dave Mustaine is the most interesting thing about Metallica. Don't get me wrong. I fucking LOVE Metallica up through Justice. L O V E!!! But since the Black album they got bad fast. Methinks cause they ran out of Mustaine riffs to build songs off of?? Yeah.

And I clicked hee because it said "Metallica rocks...." and I thought to myself oh bullshit. I gotta see this.

Lars is still a little cunt. (and I typically love little cunts. They are the best)

If you watch the film 'Mission To Lars' - which is about an extremely Autistic guy from the UK whose family arrange a meeting with Lars in America - it may very well change your opinion of him.......

Whorehey
09-27-2013, 07:59 AM

Firmly believe between not using Rasmussen (sp) and not having that well of riffs
Cliff and Dave wrote to draw off, and Bob Rock, they werent the
same band after Justice.Justice tore my face off. Worst mix ever
though IMO.

DrMaddVibe
09-30-2013, 03:38 PM
If you watch the film 'Mission To Lars' - which is about an extremely Autistic guy from the UK whose family arrange a meeting with Lars in America - it may very well change your opinion of him.......

Unless Lars paid for the airfare, the hotels, the limo rides, the meals AND let the kid play the drums on "St. Anger"...no, I don't think it will change my opinion.

He's lucky to have been in a metal band with Dave and Cliff to create those great songs that the band has coasted into the station on fumes now.

He's really not that great of a drummer.

Lars Ulrich is still a twat of a person.