PDA

View Full Version : Pixies reunion

Jérôme Frenchise
09-30-2013, 03:35 PM
I like their albums, especially "Trompe le Monde" (not only because of its French title), but I eventually preferred the Breeders...
Reuniting without Kim Deal, well, the same old story of the great old bands who get in trouble when it comes to join together again...
The Breeders are touring, by the way.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2013/sep/30/pixies-live-stream-paris-olympia

Nickdfresh
10-01-2013, 07:14 AM
It's not the same without Deal, but I can't believe the Breeders are still active.... :D

Jérôme Frenchise
10-01-2013, 09:00 AM
Yes, they are! The Deal sisters have been touring for months.

They're one of my guilty pleasures. :o

I've read here and there that Frank Black is an unplasant, watermellon-headed guy, a kind of tyrant, even.
I really like the Pixies albums, but Black's self-conceited image on stage kind of altered my interest.

The Breeders released "Title TK" in 2002, a collection of diabolicly efficient mid-tempos, and "Mountain Battles" in 2008,
which was a little less successful.

I like a dose of female drive rock-wise every once in a while, and the Breeders bring it on to me every time. :)

Jérôme Frenchise
10-01-2013, 09:19 AM
Guilty pleasure... Listening to them takes me to the memories of my twenties,
back when I'd go partying in Belgium, especially. Guilty of (happy) nostalgia. :)

No Aloha, early January in Paris:

Jérôme Frenchise
10-01-2013, 09:37 AM
It's called The Breeders, but drummer Jim McPherson isn't in.

I understand why they will get on some music fans' nerves, but... :D

Sorry, I like it. :)

Kristy
10-01-2013, 10:44 AM
F A T Frank is at it again, is he?

Let's see wasn't there a reunion in 2004, 2006, 2007, 2009?

I'd have to say the only music more bland than Coldplay is The Pixies. As for Deal, fuck her, F A T Frank can't afford her demand for cocaine.

Jérôme Frenchise
10-01-2013, 10:59 AM
I'd have to say the only music more bland than Coldplay is The Pixies.

I disagree. Coldplay is among the last pieces of boring music shit, all right.

But the Pixies back in the days were great, to me. They did original stuff, dismantling the classic song frame,
and that suited damn well with doing drugs. :)
Listen again to Bossanova and Trompe le Monde, nothing to do with those hollow fags, Coldplay or muse...

As for Deal, fuck her, F A T Frank can't afford her demand for cocaine.

She doesn't need him for her supply, she can afford it by herself - and besides she benefitted the earlier reunion tours
anyway. I'm not sure how she declined the present one (beyond the fact she's already touring with her own band) nor
what terms they are in, but I enjoy thinking she told him to GTF.

Jérôme Frenchise
10-01-2013, 11:18 AM
All right, "F A T" Black Francis is a big cunt, and it's too big a criterion not to skip it.

But the Pixies kicked ass nonetheless back in those days.

binnie
10-08-2013, 03:24 PM
The Pixies are a band that I've always appeciated, but never enjoyed. I see their talent, but it's not for me.

I think the problem is the voice - like The Smashing Pumpkins, it just irritates me.