PDA

View Full Version : California Sheriff's deputies shoot, kill 13-year-old

ELVIS
10-23-2013, 12:23 PM
AP (http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/23/Calif-Sheriffs-deputies-shoot--kill-13-year-old)

SANTA ROSA

Northern California sheriff's officials and family members say deputies shot and killed a 13-year-old boy who was carrying a replica assault weapon.

Two Sonoma County deputies saw the boy walking with the replica weapon around 3 p.m. Tuesday in Santa Rosa. Lt. Dennis O'Leary says they repeatedly ordered him to drop what appeared to be a rifle before firing several rounds.

The boy fell to the ground. Deputies handcuffed him and began administering first aid, but he was pronounced dead at the scene. O'Leary says deputies also found a plastic handgun in his waistband.

The boy's father, Rodrigo Lopez, told the Press Democrat of Santa Rosa the victim was his 13-year-old son, Andy.

The deputies have not been identified.

:mad2:

Seshmeister
10-23-2013, 12:53 PM
So are you for or against this?

ELVIS
10-23-2013, 12:55 PM
Have another drink to help you decide...

Seshmeister
10-23-2013, 12:58 PM
I'm consistent.

This was not your dreaded evil federal government that did it, it was local police.

You are in favor of people having assault weapons so this kind of thing is inevitable.

I assume you broadly support the shooting.

ELVIS
10-23-2013, 01:46 PM
You are in favor of people having assault weapons so this kind of thing is inevitable.

I assume you broadly support the shooting.

You're consistently drunk...

Of course I don't support the shooting at all, if the story is correct...

These paramilitary thugs we have today disguised as policemen are trained to treat average citizens as if they're on the streets of Fallujah...

Why would I possibly support a shooting like this ??

Kristy
10-23-2013, 02:06 PM
So are you for or against this?

Alex hasn't instructed him on that yet.

Seshmeister
10-23-2013, 04:35 PM
You're consistently drunk...

Of course I don't support the shooting at all, if the story is correct...

These paramilitary thugs we have today disguised as policemen are trained to treat average citizens as if they're on the streets of Fallujah...

Why would I possibly support a shooting like this ??

He could be black.

You're just assuming by the name that he isn't.

ELVIS
10-23-2013, 05:57 PM
Who cares what color he is, shit starter ??

Nickdfresh
10-23-2013, 06:20 PM
Hmmmm. Note to self: When carrying a realistic item that resembles an assault weapon, and two policemen approach you guns drawn and tell you to "drop it!" DROP THE FUCKING TOY ASSAULT RIFLE!!

FORD
10-23-2013, 09:44 PM

Or perhaps a large part of the problem is people joining civilian police departments who came directly FROM the streets of Fallujah, and their brains are too conditioned/traumatized to know the goddamned difference?

I've said this before and will say this again... there should be a mandatory "reverse boot camp" when you get out of the military, which stresses that the mentality you may need for the combat zone doesn't apply in the civilian world.

FORD
10-23-2013, 09:50 PM
Hmmmm. Note to self: When carrying a realistic item that resembles an assault weapon, and two policemen approach you guns drawn and tell you to "drop it!" DROP THE FUCKING TOY ASSAULT RIFLE!!

Well, that works if the kid is fluent in English. I don't want to assume too much, but from the article it's apparent the kid's family were native Spanish speakers.

When I was a kid, I remember seeing semi-"realistic" looking UZI squirt guns once. I didn't have the cash on me to buy one, and when I went back later, they were gone. Never saw one again, and the neon-colored super soakers (which not even the most inept dumbassed Joe Arpaio wannabe could confuse for an actual gun) had taken their place.

The fake UZIs looked cooler, but it's probably just as well that I didn't get one, because of stories like this.

Seshmeister
10-23-2013, 10:01 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/10/23/article-2473573-18EEE39700000578-355_634x462.jpg

Looks a bit like a replica.

I thought kids toy guns these days usually had big bright flashes of colored plastic to prevent this.

In fact over here at least you hardly ever see toy guns any more.

Even if it had been real I still don't understand why a kid walking about in a field by himself has to be killed?

Heater
10-23-2013, 10:03 PM
Well, that works if the kid is fluent in English. I don't want to assume too much, but from the article it's apparent the kid's family were native Spanish speakers.

When I was a kid, I remember seeing semi-"realistic" looking UZI squirt guns once. I didn't have the cash on me to buy one, and when I went back later, they were gone. Never saw one again, and the neon-colored super soakers (which not even the most inept dumbassed Joe Arpaio wannabe could confuse for an actual gun) had taken their place.

The fake UZIs looked cooler, but it's probably just as well that I didn't get one, because of stories like this.

You come across as more of a neon colored squirtgun guy anyway.

ashstralia
10-23-2013, 10:15 PM
I dare anyone to lace on the boots for 1 fucking day. Then you'd have some kind of understanding about what's involved with being a cop.

What if the gun was real? Are you gonna let him shoot first? Of course you're not.

Kristy
10-23-2013, 11:17 PM

Go fuck a tube of toothpaste.

FORD
10-23-2013, 11:27 PM

Doesn't matter how many times you hit on me, Bleater. I'm just not into sheep. :sheepshagger:

Heater
10-23-2013, 11:48 PM
Doesn't matter how many times you hit on me, Bleater. I'm just not into sheep. :sheepshagger:

Your little cartoon would suggest otherwise, what i really think you are into is being a victim by proxy, an "it coulda happened to me" person. As in, if YOU bought one of those toy Uzis, you might've ended up shot by a cop too. Completely plausible in the mind of someone who has to inject himself into another's tragedy.

SunisinuS
10-24-2013, 04:07 AM

Not that there is anything wrong with that.*

ELVIS
10-24-2013, 10:42 AM
What if the gun was real? Are you gonna let him shoot first? Of course you're not.

He wasn't shooting it, he was carrying it...

ashstralia
10-24-2013, 11:01 AM
Fuck, when I was in the Feds they had some serious hardware.