PDA

View Full Version : NSA denies discussing Merkel phone surveillance with Obama

baru911
10-27-2013, 06:37 PM
How come the homophobic Nick the Dick isn’t hammering President Ego over this mess? If Bushy had been at the helm during all this crap the misogynistic Nick the Dick would have been all over this forum spouting his words of wonder for all to see and they would have been at the 2nd grade level that we've all come to expect. How come Nick the Dick is so quiet when his party is the douche bag?

The answer as we all know is because Nick the Dick is a hypocrite.

Course it might be that he’s busy answering the Wikipedia shoe phone. Sure, that’s it! He’s busy correcting the changes the public made to Wikipedia.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/oct/27/barack-obama-nsa-angela-merkel-germany

NSA denies discussing Merkel phone surveillance with Obama

The US National Security Agency was forced on Sunday to deny that its director ever discussed a surveillance operation against the German chancellor with President Barack Obama, as the White House tried to contain a full-scale diplomatic crisis over espionage directed at allied countries.

The Obama administration appeared in disarray as it struggled with the fallout over the disclosure that the National Security Agency monitored the phone conversations of at least 35 world leaders, and that the phone of the German chancellor, Angela Merkel, had been monitored.

Early on Sunday, the White House refused to comment on an overnight report in the German tabloid Bild, which alleged that Obama was personally briefed about by the operation to target Merkel's phone by the NSA's director, Keith Alexander, and allowed it to continue.

That appeared to conflict with a second report, in the German newspaper Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung. It said that when Obama spoke to Merkel over the phone on Wednesday, he assured the German leader he had not previously known her phone had been monitored.

Caitlin Hayden, the White House's national security council spokeswoman, declined to comment on the reports, telling the Guardian: "We are not going to comment publicly on every specific alleged intelligence activity."

However just over three hours later, that position appeared to have been reversed, when the NSA said in a statement that Alexander "did not discuss with President Obama in 2010 an alleged foreign intelligence operation involving German Chancellor Merkel, nor has he ever discussed alleged operations involving Chancellor Merkel. News reports claiming otherwise are not true".

Bild cited "a secret intelligence employee who is familiar with the NSA operation against Merkel" in its story, which was widely-picked up by global media.

The intervention by the NSA was unusual – the agency rarely comments publicly on specific allegations about its surveillance activities.

However the White House and NSA are coming under intense pressure to reveal the extent to which Obama and senior administration officials knew about US surveillance operations targeting the leaders of allied countries.

The agency did not dispute another report in Germany, based on documents disclosed by the whistleblower Edward Snowden, that the NSA's Special Collection Service (SCS) had listed Merkel's phone number since 2002. The report, in Der Spiegel, said the phone number was still on the list – marked as "GE Chancellor Merkel" – weeks before Obama visited Berlin in June, raising the possibility that the German leader had been under surveillance for more than a decade.

In an SCS document cited by the magazine, the agency said it had a "not legally registered spying branch" in the US embassy in Berlin, the exposure of which would lead to "grave damage for the relations of the United States to another government".

A delegation of German intelligence officials are due to arrive in the US to meet counterparts in the coming days. They are expected to demand clarity on the nature and scope of NSA activities in their country.
However in Washington, the first signs are emerging that Obama's administration may seek to distance itself from the NSA, concluding that the spy-agency has strayed beyond its remit and overreached. Many senior figures in Congress have already said the NSA failed to properly inform them of the nature and scope of its surveillance activities.

Lisa Monaco, a homeland security advisor to the White House, called on Friday for a "greater focus" to ensure the US was balancing "security needs with the privacy concerns all people share". Her op-ed piece in USA Today was widely interpreted as a signal of growing concern within the administration.

Monaco wrote: "We want to ensure we are collecting information because we need it and not just because we can."

In August, announcing a review of US intelligence activities in the aftermath of the first disclosures based on documents leaked by whistleblower Edward Snowden, Obama gave the impression that the NSA was solely focused on counter-terrorism measures.

"I don't have an interest and the people at the NSA don't have an interest in doing anything other than making sure that where we can prevent a terrorist attack, where we can get information ahead of time, that we're able to carry out that critical task," he said. "We do not have an interest in doing anything other than that."

The Spiegel report said the NSA's Berlin-based surveillance hub, adjacent to the Brandenberg gate, was one of several in Europe, citing a 2010 document that referred to branches existing in about 80 locations across the world, including Paris, Madrid, Rome, Prague, Geneva and Frankfurt. The article said it was not clear whether the monitoring of Merkel's phone included actual telephone conversations or was restricted to call data, but raised the question over whether a surveillance operation, which began three years before she became chancellor, was initially intended to gather intelligence ahead of the Iraq War, which Germany opposed.

Merkel, then in opposition, was critical of Germany's anti-war stance. Bild reported that the then-chancellor, Gerhard Schröder, was also the target of surveillance, at the behest of the George Bush administration.

Revelations about the NSA monitoring foreign leaders – particularly allies – have blown open a dimension of the NSA scandal which, until now, has proven relatively uncontroversial in the US: surveillance conducted abroad.

The US debate over NSA surveillance has focused almost exclusively on operations that may involve US citizens – such as a program to collect the phone records of millions of Americans. Until the recent revelations, there was virtually no concern raised over surveillance involving foreign citizens, even among vocal critics of the NSA on Capitol Hill.

Legislation to reform the NSA, which is being introduced in both houses of Congress this week, focuses almost entirely upon surveillance activities that might involve US citizens. Few in Washington are challenging the administration's claim that "all nations" engage in similar forms of espionage.

However diplomatic sources have told the Guardian that the White House's declarations that its practices do not differ from those employed by "all nations" are deeply misleading.

The sources said that while the US, Russia, China, Britain and France are well-known to engage in aggressive cyber espionage, including against allies, many other countries do not have anywhere near the same surveillance infrastructure – and concentrate their more limited resources on counter-terrorism and serious crime.

The revelations about NSA activity in Germany were discussed on the US Sunday morning political talkshows. Speaking on Face the Nation, on CBS, the Republican Darrell Issa, the chairman of the House oversight and government reform committee was asked if he thought Obama had known about the surveillance of Merkel's phone.

He said: "Remember, the NSA works for the president. Through his national security advisers he knew or should have known."

Asked about the propriety of such surveillance, Issa answered: "If what you do in Germany helps the Germans, then fine. But you don't spy on a head of state."

Mike Rogers, the Republican chair of the House intelligence committee, was more bullish in defending surveillance practices, criticising press coverage of the latest NSA revelations and arguing that Europeans were unaware of the extent of surveillance conducted by their own governments and had been misled by incorrect media reports about the nature of NSA activities.

He told CNN recent reports in France about the NSA's monitoring of millions of phone calls in the country were "100% wrong".

"I would argue by the way, if the French citizens knew exactly what that was about, they would be applauding and popping champagne corks," he said. "It's a good thing – it keeps the French safe."

Going further, Rogers claimed that the emergence of fascism in Europe in the early 20th century could be partly explained by a conscious decision by the US not to monitor its allies.

"We said: 'We're not going to do any kinds of those things, that would not be appropriate," he said. "Look what happened in the 30s: the rise of fascism, the rise of communism, the rise of imperialism. We didn't see any of it. And it resulted in the deaths of tens of millions of people."

Rogers added: "Remember: sometimes our friends have relationships with our adversaries."

Nickdfresh
10-27-2013, 07:03 PM
How come the homophobic Nick the Dick isn’t hammering President Ego over this mess?

Oh look! More trite, fake arguments from the moron hick. Throwing the typical slights at me? Again idiot, which one of us had the avatar with a cock in it that said "suck it". I know logic, truth, and overall critical thinking aren't your strong suits. But anyone that's seen your pedantic arguments based on phony assertions knows what a complete jerk off you are. Why am I not hammering Pres. "Ego" over this? I think if you took the time to read the thread Natra started, you'd see pretty clearly I condemned the NSA spying and said it needs to stop.

BTW, assfuck, where is your condemnation of the useless Republican'ts in Congress who seem to agree with POTUS on this? You know, the ones you vote for mindlessly like a good "conservative" servile bitch?

But are you not the fucking guy that defended the atrocities committed by Blackwater? Are you going to criticize "President Ego" over the use of drone strikes, then sit here and contend that it was just fine for a bunch of mercenary thugs to murder defenseless Iraqis? Fuck yourself, mightily sir...

If Bushy had been at the helm during all this crap the misogynistic Nick the Dick would have been all over this forum spouting his words of wonder for all to see and they would have been at the 2nd grade level that we've all come to expect. How come Nick the Dick is so quiet when his party is the douche bag?

I'm a "misogynist" now? Are you a women or something? I'm pretty sure you're the one that wants to take away their rights like all good self anointed "conservatives" do. But I bet you don't ever vote Republican, right fuckwit?...

Secondly, much of this DID start under the BUSH, and even Clinton admins. And there doesn't seem to be much opposition from the GOP party of opposition on this. Where is your blame for them?

The answer as we all know is because Nick the Dick is a hypocrite.

Right! And you're a disingenuous cunt and coward who's afraid to admit you've voted for every republican redneck asshole politician to come out of your backwards state! But I'm a "hypocrite"? You're a cocksucker and a fairly brainless one at that...

Course it might be that he’s busy answering the Wikipedia shoe phone. Sure, that’s it! He’s busy correcting the changes the public made to Wikipedia.

Oh, that's clever fuckface! Coming from a guy that masturbates to Rush Limbaugh and gets his programming from him, go to the theater and rape room and fuck yourself, assclown while you watch shitty tasteless films for the whole family...

BTW, you lazy douchbag, there's already a thread where this is all being discussed. So, may the next time when you have such a hard on to post more of your baseless, thoughtless, and ignorantly phony diatribe and need to start a thread to expose me as some sort of hypocrite, you might make yourself look slightly less stupid by actually reading some of the threads, most notably this one. The one (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?69700-I-officially-apologize-for-supporting-Obama) where I refer to Ed Snowden as a hero!

Now you can go back to fucking your sister/wife, you redneck douche...

baru911
10-27-2013, 07:50 PM
.....I'm a "misogynist" now?....

Now you can go back to fucking your sister/wife, you redneck douche...

Strike One
I’m not the one who posted that he was visiting a bar that had a bartended that was hired based upon he looks and no other skills. That was you dude. You also implied in the post you had something to do with her hiring. If that ain’t the definiation of misogynism then nothing is.

Stike Two
On the homophobic references – You call Elvis the f-word in here all the time. The homosexual community really isn’t down with that. Matter of fact, if you hit someone will using the term you are likely to be charge with a hate crime.

Strike three and Nick the Dick is out….
I have been referred to as a redneck…LMAO. I’m the guy whose grandfather had a cross burned into his yard by the Klan. What a dumbass you truly are Nick the Dick. I’m a redneck? I’m laughing my ass off at the reference. A redneck? A redneck? My wife asked me why I was laughing out loud. I told her your comment and know she can’t stop laughing either. That’s truly the dumbest thing I have ever had anyone call me.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA!

Nickdfresh
10-27-2013, 08:04 PM
Strike One
I’m not the one who posted that he was visiting a bar that had a bartended that was hired based upon he looks and no other skills. That was you dude. You also implied in the post you had something to do with her hiring. If that ain’t the definiation of misogynism then nothing is.

Um what? When did I say looks were the only criteria? They're actually good bartenders for the most part. How does that make me hate women? I don't fucking own the place and would run it completely differently if I did. I may partially own it in the not too distant future, and if I do none of the girls will wear revealing breast cleavage shirts! I will have free popcorn and peanuts though. Any bar that doesn't is run by retards. That's like saying if you aren't picketing Hooters, you're a misogynist!

Stike Two
On the homophobic references – You call Elvis the f-word in here all the time. The homosexual community really isn’t down with that. Matter of fact, if you hit someone will using the term you are likely to be charge with a hate crime.

I don't recall calling Elvis fuck, or fag if that's what you mean. I can't even remember using that word recently. I call Elvis Elbow-ah! I generally don't hit people. Not for being gay, and even if someone is just an asshole and deserves it...

Strike three and Nick the Dick is out….
I have been referred to as a redneck…LMAO. I’m the guy whose grandfather had a cross burned into his yard by the Klan. What a dumbass you truly are Nick the Dick. I’m a redneck? I’m laughing my ass off at the reference. A redneck? A redneck? My wife asked me why I was laughing out loud. I told her your comment and know she can’t stop laughing either. That’s truly the dumbest thing I have ever had anyone call me.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA!

Oh, sorry oh learned cosmopolitan! She'd laugh even harder if I called you genius!

Nitro Express
10-27-2013, 09:25 PM
What I find humorous is they built the new NSA data center behind the golf course I used to golf at. They used to call it No Such Agency (NSA) because it was so secretive, now everyone knows about it and wants it gone.

Nitro Express
10-27-2013, 09:31 PM
http://imageshack.com/a/img843/2066/5fji.jpg (http://imageshack.com/i/nf5fjij)Uploaded with ImageShack.com (http://imageshack.com)

Nickdfresh
10-27-2013, 11:08 PM
What I find humorous is they built the new NSA data center behind the golf course I used to golf at. They used to call it No Such Agency (NSA) because it was so secretive, now everyone knows about it and wants it gone.

In Utah? LOL

I used to eat in the NSA mess hall because they always had the best food. It wasn't even close...

baru911
10-29-2013, 05:55 PM
Any bar that doesn't is run by retards.

I don't recall calling Elvis fuck, or fag if that's what you mean. I can't even remember using that word recently. I call Elvis Elbow-ah! I generally don't hit people. Not for being gay, and even if someone is just an asshole and deserves it...

Lets see........before I went outside the US and didn't post here for 9+ months. You were using the f-word with Elvis all the time.

Now your using the word "retard". You are a walking neanderthal of verbiage that is offensive to one protected group of people or another. You truly live up to the "Nick the Dick" label. Do you go out of your way to offend protected classes of people or what?

I don't know what makes you so dumb but it really works.

Nickdfresh
10-29-2013, 06:06 PM
Lets see........before I went outside the US and didn't post here for 9+ months. You were using the f-word with Elvis all the time.

Fantastic! Please quote me, then...

Now your using the word "retard". You are a walking neanderthal of verbiage that is offensive to one protected group of people or another. You truly live up to the "Nick the Dick" label. Do you go out of your way to offend protected classes of people or what?

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. I'll refer to you as "special!" I mean, you're the one that wants to piss all over poor people and deny them health insurance and is in favor of middle class people continuing to go into bankruptcy from medical crises.

You also seem to enjoy when mercenaries murder Iraqis and mindlessly defended their use in Iraq.

But good job playing the politically correct hypocrite, retard, or er "special person!"

I don't know what makes you so dumb but it really works.

I'm dumb? :D Says the uneducated hammer-swinger who can't write his way out of a bathroom stall and whose life now seems dedicated to posting every possible negative thing he can find on Obama without any real coherent thought or point! But you're a good person though! Keep telling yourself that! You're nothing but a shallow and transparent cunt and you hate America and Americans. Please go back the fuck abroad wherever the shithole was...

Nickdfresh
10-29-2013, 06:09 PM
bardouchebag911, hates Obama and NSA spying of foreign dignitaries, but loves the murdering of foreigners by fascist merc thugs!...

FORD
10-29-2013, 06:17 PM
Baruca Salt is clearly on her "cycle". I've never seen a case of PMS like this on this board ever before, and I've been here since day one.

baru911
10-29-2013, 08:43 PM
bardouchebag911,hates Obama and NSA spying of foreign dignitaries, but loves the murdering of foreigners by fascist merc thugs!...
I don't hate President Ego. That would mean that I spend a lot of energy on him. Just doesn't happen. Don't like the NSA spying on anyone or any nation.

As far as the "merc thugs"...I know a bunch of contractors. They aren't thugs nor are they mercs. They have a certain skill set that allows them to be employed being paid large sums of money for a job that they were vastly underpaid for when they worked for Uncle Sam. That's right the US Government taught all the "evil things" that you seem to have issues with. BTW, Nick the Dick, my friends and I have made a great deal of money under both the Bush and President Ego's Administrations. Neither of them treated us much differently nor did they impose rules of engagement that is/or was noticeable different. The checks cashed the same under both. It is interesting that you hammer Bush and yet the guy you cling to so steadfast is no different.

Nickdfresh
10-29-2013, 09:28 PM
I don't hate President Ego. That would mean that I spend a lot of energy on him. Just doesn't happen. Don't like the NSA spying on anyone or any nation.

Well, that's explains the literal 10 threads a day on him!

As far as the "merc thugs"...I know a bunch of contractors. They aren't thugs nor are they mercs. They have a certain skill set that allows them to be employed being paid large sums of money for a job that they were vastly underpaid for when they worked for Uncle Sam. That's right the US Government taught all the "evil things" that you seem to have issues with. BTW, Nick the Dick, my friends and I have made a great deal of money under both the Bush and President Ego's Administrations. Neither of them treated us much differently nor did they impose rules of engagement that is/or was noticeable different. The checks cashed the same under both. It is interesting that you hammer Bush and yet the guy you cling to so steadfast is no different.

LOL I'm not clinging to anyone and I sure as fuck am not married to Obama and I only "hammered Bush" for a significant, specific set of policies which led to disastrous wars and for setting in motion the same policies people are pissing themselves over now, conveniently. I've also made quite a bit of bling under both admins. Who gives a fuck? How was your 401K after the stock market collapsed under Bush, though? Was it all his fault? No. But you can't even logically discuss the differences or similarities between Bush and Obama without acknowledging that Bush faced significant congressional opposition to his policies towards the end of his presidency whereas Obama has had significant congressional opposition and bulwarking for nearly his entire term. I'm glad you know "contractors" or whatever. I know UXO "contractors" as well, but you sure as fuck don't seem to know much else. All you're capable of is nitpicking at problems without offering any real solutions or alternatives.

Whenever I hammered Bush, I offered a very specific reasoning for doing so, maybe even with alternative courses of action. There are some very valid criticisms of how Obama should have handled issues, you just seem to think it's cause he's the devil!

And believe it or not, even though they were few and far between, I also actually defended Bush in some instances against conspiracy theorists and the few policies I did agree with.

ELVIS
10-30-2013, 09:25 AM
Whenever I hammered Bush, I offered a very specific reasoning for doing so, maybe even with alternative courses of action.

Hahahahahaha...

You're so full of yourself...:biggrin:

jhale667
10-30-2013, 10:35 AM
Baruca Salt is clearly on her "cycle". I've never seen a case of PMS like this on this board ever before, and I've been here since day one.

Agree, and it's gotten beyond tedious... all his spam shit should be consolidated in one "Barucadouche911 hates Obama for reasons he can't substantiate" thread. What a joke. :rolleyes:

ELVIS
10-30-2013, 10:47 AM
If you knew how to read, you would see that baru substantiates each anti-Obomba post he or she (or it) makes...

jhale667
10-30-2013, 10:56 AM
"If I knew how to read..." who do you write for again, hick-hack? Go die in a fire. :biggrin:

DavidLeeNatra
10-30-2013, 12:57 PM
the NSA is a fucking hydra and it needs to get her head cut off...

Coyote
10-30-2013, 01:04 PM
I wonder how the NSA's gonna explain this one:

http://rt.com/usa/nsa-secretly-access-yahoo-google-982/

NSA secretly accessed Yahoo, Google data centers to collect information
Published time: October 30, 2013 16:36

Despite having front-door access to communications transmitted across the biggest Internet companies on Earth, the National Security Agency has been secretly tapping into the two largest online entities in the world, new leaked documents reveal.

Those documents, supplied by former NSA contractor Edward Snowden and obtained by the Washington Post, suggest that the US intelligence agency and its British counterpart have compromised data stored on the servers of Google and Yahoo, the two biggest companies in the world with regards to overall Internet traffic.

“From undisclosed interception points, the NSA and GCHQ are copying entire data flows across fiber-optic cables that carry information between the data centers of the Silicon Valley giants,” the Post’s Barton Gellman and Ashkan Soltani reported on Wednesday.

The document providing evidence of such was among the trove of files supplied by Mr. Snowden and is dated January 9, 2013, making it among the most recent top-secret files attributed to the 30-year-old whistleblower.

Earlier this year, separate documentation supplied by Mr. Snowden disclosed evidence of PRISM, an NSA-operated program that the intelligence company conducted to target the users of Microsoft, Google, Yahoo, Facebook, PalTalk, YouTube, Skype, Aol and Apple services. When that program was disclosed by the Guardian newspaper in June, reporters there said it allowed the NSA to “collect material including search history, the content of emails, file transfers and live chats” while having direct access to the companies’ servers, at times with the “assistance of communication providers in the US.”

According to the latest leak, the NSA and GCHQ are conducting similar operations targeting the users of at least two of these companies, although this time under utmost secrecy.

ELVIS
10-30-2013, 02:11 PM
They can't, nor do they care to...

They think they're god...

ELVIS
10-30-2013, 02:12 PM
"If I knew how to read..." who do you write for again, hick-hack? Go die in a fire. :biggrin:

Now you're a writer ??

FORD
10-30-2013, 09:29 PM
the NSA is a fucking hydra and it needs to get her head cut off...

Well... the problem with that, if you recall the story, is when you cut the head off a hydra, two more grow back in its place.

DrMaddVibe
10-31-2013, 07:01 AM
I wonder how the NSA's gonna explain this one:

It's for the good of the people. Think of the children.

THAT'S how they're gonna spin it...maybe throw in clean water and global warming...but it's ALWAYS for the children!

DavidLeeNatra
11-02-2013, 03:18 AM
Well... the problem with that, if you recall the story, is when you cut the head off a hydra, two more grow back in its place.

not if you cut off the MAIN head

ashstralia
11-02-2013, 06:05 AM
I sent her a text yesterday. She said 'yo ash, I'm good, How about you?'

Seshmeister
11-02-2013, 07:41 AM
No offence but given the history of the 20th century is it completely unreasonable to keep tabs on the German government? :)

Nickdfresh
11-02-2013, 02:26 PM
It's for the good of the people. Think of the children.

THAT'S how they're gonna spin it...maybe throw in clean water and global warming...but it's ALWAYS for the children!

They're actually spinning it as everyone else does it and allies spy on each other. I don't totally disagree with the exception of the scale and scope of it, and the attitude that "we can do it means we should!" I'm more worried about their datamining of U.S. citizens' phone records and their hacks into Yahoo and Google...