PDA

View Full Version : It never ends...Pres. Ego's ability to piss off our allies never seems to end

baru911
10-28-2013, 08:54 AM
Now it is Spain. At what point does President Ego step-in and deal with this? Germany, the UK, Spain, and 32 other allies have had the NSA collect information/data mine/spy/whatever. Got a little international incident on your hands and President Ego can’t seem to get in front of this mess.

The term incompetent does begin to touch this.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/oct/28/spain-summons-us-ambassador-nsa-calls

Spain summons US ambassador over claim NSA tracked 60m calls a month

The Spanish prime minister, Mariano Rajoy, has summoned the US ambassador to explain the latest revelations to emerge from the files leaked by Edward Snowden, which suggest the National Security Agency tracked more than 60m phone calls in Spain in the space of a month.

Spain's European secretary of state, Íńigo Méndez de Vigo, is meeting James Costos as the White House struggles to contain a growing diplomatic crisis following accusations that the NSA monitored the phones of scores of allies, including the German chancellor, Angela Merkel.

El Mundo newspaper reported on Monday that it had seen an NSA document that showed the US spy agency had intercepted 60.5m phone calls in Spain between 10 December 2012 and 8 January this year.

An NSA graphic, entitled "Spain – last 30 days", reportedly shows the daily flow of phone calls within Spain, and that on one day alone – 11 December 2012 – the NSA monitored more than 3.5m phone calls. It appears that the content of the calls was not monitored but the serial and phone numbers of the handsets used, the locations, sim cards and the duration of the calls were. Emails and other social media were also monitored.

The news comes as a parliamentary delegation from the EU prepares to visit Washington to discuss the scale of US spying on its allies. The EU's civil liberties committee will meet members of Congress to express their concerns over the impact on EU citizens' fundamental right to privacy.

Last week Spain rejected a move by Germany, which wants the EU's 28 member states to sign a "no-spy deal" along the lines of an agreement wanted by Berlin and Paris.

"We'll see once we have more information if we decide to join with what France and Germany have done," Rajoy said at a press conference in Brussels on Friday.

"But these aren't decisions which correspond to the European Union. They are questions related to national security and are the exclusive responsibility of member states. France and Germany have decided to do one thing and the rest of us may decide to do the same, or something else."

The White House and NSA are coming under intense pressure to reveal the extent to which Obama and senior administration officials knew about US surveillance operations targeting the leaders of allied countries.

Nickdfresh
10-28-2013, 08:59 AM
Are you just spamming the forum with threads on related topics, idiot?

I think there is already a thread on this, actually several related to NSA spying. But if you bothered to read your own articles rather than just frothing attacking the "Ego", which is redundant since every president ever has had an ego, you'd find that he was never briefed specifically on much of this although surely realized that some of his briefs were out of peoples' phone conv.

And BTW, while I don't like the NSA spying on this, I think there is some talk that the Germans and Spaniards haven't ever actually denied doing the same things. Also, the French are the most notorious for economic spying and have been doing it to their allies since at least the 70's...

I also get the feeling you could give a fuck about any of this in actuality and are just obsessed with Obama. I don't think you really understand it as well...

ELVIS
10-28-2013, 10:13 AM
Shuddup, Obamapologist...

Nickdfresh
10-28-2013, 10:14 AM

Did Alexis Jonestown tweet that for you, bitch-parrot?

Jesus Christ
10-28-2013, 10:16 AM

Gregory, ye need to remember who ye claim to be representing at this site.........

Nickdfresh
BTW, I'm basing my statements on a CNN "nat'l security (cottage industry) contributor who was in the BUSH ADMIN! She said she was no fan of the president either, but that the Germans and Spaniards doth protest too much and that they have never stated they don't do the same thing, and not expressly denying something is as good as saying you do do it!

ELVIS
I have no idea...

I don't pay attention to social media...

Nickdfresh
10-28-2013, 10:32 AM
I have no idea...

I don't pay attention to social media...

Maybe he beamed it in through your tinfoil hat?

Va Beach VH Fan
10-28-2013, 06:13 PM
You guys act like this is a new revelation, the NSA has been around since 1952...

What the fuck do you think they've been doing for 61 years?

DrMaddVibe
10-28-2013, 06:15 PM
Making cinnamon french toast?

Kristy
10-28-2013, 06:18 PM

Good one, Alex. You've managed one-word idiocy idioms. That $50 for that DVD of Jone$ is really paying off.

Va Beach VH Fan
10-28-2013, 06:20 PM

LOL, walked right into that one, huh...

DrMaddVibe
10-28-2013, 06:24 PM
LOL, walked right into that one, huh...

We can't bust heads like we used to. But we have our ways. One trick is to tell stories that don't go anywhere. Like the time I caught the ferry to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for m'shoe. So I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt. Which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Gimme five bees for a quarter, you'd say. Now where was I... oh yeah. The important thing was that I had an onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time. You couldn't get white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

;)

Nickdfresh
10-28-2013, 08:12 PM

They actually had some pretty good fucking cinnamon french toast in the Ft. Meade messhall lol...