PDA

View Full Version : Death of the Yellow Dogs

DLR Bridge
11-12-2013, 08:34 AM
Pretty sad tale still being sorted out...

Law & Order More: Brooklyn Murder Shooting
Brooklyn Musician Allegedly Kills 3 Other Musicians And Himself
Erin Fuchs Nov. 11, 2013, 10:21 AM 12,339 4

A Brooklyn musician allegedly killed himself and three other musicians who were originally from Iran, early Monday morning, The New York Times reports.

Two of the victims belonged to a post-punk rock group of Iranian expats in their 20s and 30s called The Yellow Dogs.

The alleged gunman was Raefe Ahkbar, the Wall Street Journal reported.

Ahkbar was in another band and knew The Yellow Dogs from Iran before he had a falling out with them over money, The Yellow Dogs' publicist Ashley Ayers told Reuters.

Members of the Yellow Dogs lived in the East Williamsburg building where they died, the Journal reported.

The alleged gunman was killed by a single wound from a .308-caliber rifle, The New York Daily News reports. Police said there were shell casings all over the apartment on Morgan Avenue and Grand Street, according to the Daily News.

The men found inside were 27-year-old guitarist Soroush Farazmand, drummer Arash Farazman, and 35-year-old singer Ali Eskandarian, according to the Journal. Another man, 22-year-old Sasan Sadeghpourosko, was wounded in his arm and elbow and taken to Elmhurst Hospital for treatment.

The Yellow Dogs formed in 2006 and cited the British rock band Joy Division as one of its influences, according to The Yellow Dogs' Wikipedia page. They played music in the award-winning 2009 Iranian film "No One Knows About Persian Cats."

The group moved to the United States in 2010, according to a May 2013 Public Radio International (PRI) story. They first came to the U.S. on artist visas after they were invited to play at the famed South By Southwest and CMJ music festivals, according to PRI. They were eventually given political asylum because they feared persecution in Iran, according to a Now This News interview with the band.

A CNN profile of the group discussed the troubles The Yellow Dogs faced in Iran, where rock music is considered un-Islamic.

"Now they're living the dream: Sharing an apartment with a handful of other Iranian expat artists in the part of Brooklyn where all the young bands live," the PRI story said.

They also got to tour the U.S. with other bands they love.

"We are from Iran," the band's lead singer, known as Obaash, told PRI. "I always say if we were born and raised in America, or born and raised in a Western country anywhere, we wouldn't appreciate it as much as we do right now to come from a country like Iran and be able to come out here and be able to see like, wow, we used to make our own venue to be able to play music."

Martin Greenman, a 63-year-old recycler who worked near the scene of the shooting, told The New York Times the bandmates were "always together" and "always friendly."

In the CNN interview, one of the band members said his bandmates were like his brothers.

Here's a video profile of The Yellow Dogs:

Correction: This story initially cited reports that the gunman was a member of The Yellow Dogs. It has been updated to reflect police reports that the gunman either belongs to The Yellow Dogs or The Free Keys, as well as a statement from the manager saying that the gunman was not in The Yellow Dogs.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/yellow-dogs-shooting-in-brooklyn-2013-11#ixzz2kRC2Mvaf

Mr. Vengeance
11-12-2013, 08:52 AM
A guy named Raefe Ahkbar went nuts and killed the rest of the band? Who'd have guessed......

DLR Bridge
11-12-2013, 09:03 AM
Ahh. Racial insensitivity at the Roth Army amid a tragedy. Who'd have guessed....

DLR Bridge
11-12-2013, 10:27 AM
http://youtu.be/ofauU0SiOkQ

These poor fucking guys risked their lives for years to play music that they loved, then fled their home country, where it was illegal to rock, to continue doing what they love in America. Total bummer.

Mr. Vengeance
11-12-2013, 05:24 PM
Ahh. Racial insensitivity at the Roth Army amid a tragedy. Who'd have guessed....

Oh please....get off your high horse.

Racial insensitivity my ass.

DLR Bridge
11-12-2013, 08:43 PM
No high horse here. The story moved me and I guess I simply wasn't surprised that the only interest it generated was a half assed wise crack. Shit like this (story) drives me nuts.

Mr. Vengeance
11-12-2013, 09:07 PM
Be moved all you want. Not everyone is going to look at it from the same perspective.

DLR Bridge
11-12-2013, 09:21 PM
Good grief pal. Not here to argue. Some humans that were having a good time living on this Earth died at the hands of a bad human. How else do you see it?

Mr. Vengeance
11-14-2013, 11:03 PM
Good grief pal. Not here to argue. Some humans that were having a good time living on this Earth died at the hands of a bad human. How else do you see it?

Oh please.....No one even knows who they were. And I guess someone from the middle east never went nurts. I'm sooooo wrong to make a joke about it.

Angel
11-15-2013, 07:29 AM
Oh please.....No one even knows who they were. And I guess someone from the middle east never went nurts. I'm sooooo wrong to make a joke about it.
Jokes are funny. That wasn't....

DLR Bridge
11-15-2013, 08:28 AM

Wow. You really are as thick as Kristy says you are. I had been giving you the benefit of the doubt. Now I'm just gonna lmao when she verbally eviscerates you.

Mr. Vengeance
11-15-2013, 09:58 AM
Yeah, Kristy is such an imposing adversary....Here's her M.O.- go into every thread to troll it and call everything gay. Wow...brilliance. Can't keep up with that!!!
And LOL at someone taking up with her because someone has a different fucking opinion than yours...

As far as your problem here- No one asked you to laugh at my comment. No one asked you to even comment about my comment. If you and the other uptight fucks can't accept that it's a little ironic that a guy with a name like Ahkbar would go nuts and kill the rest of his band, then I can't help that. But shut the fuck up about it already. I'm free to say what I want....don't like it? Tough. That doesn't make me "thick", it makes me a member of a free society. You know, the one that those Iranian dudes escaped to......

Oh and please don't threaten me with the scary verbal talents of the mighty Kristy...I don't think I could handle her telling me I'm old for the thousandth time and then making stupid claims like I'm having a hissy fit at her by telling her to shut the fuck up. That's far too clever for me.

DLR Bridge
11-15-2013, 10:44 AM
To your "no one even knows who they are" remark, they were friends of my friends in Brooklyn. They were good kids.

Here's where you're thick. You're pigeon-holing anyone with a last name like that as being automatically insane and violent. You sir, are every bit as thick as the character Archie Bunker.

Continue to enjoy your freedom. I will, too. They can't.

Angel
11-15-2013, 10:59 AM
Yeah, Kristy is such an imposing adversary....Here's her M.O.- go into every thread to troll it and call everything gay. Wow...brilliance. Can't keep up with that!!!
And LOL at someone taking up with her because someone has a different fucking opinion than yours...

As far as your problem here- No one asked you to laugh at my comment. No one asked you to even comment about my comment. If you and the other uptight fucks can't accept that it's a little ironic that a guy with a name like Ahkbar would go nuts and kill the rest of his band, then I can't help that. But shut the fuck up about it already. I'm free to say what I want....don't like it? Tough. That doesn't make me "thick", it makes me a member of a free society. You know, the one that those Iranian dudes escaped to......

Oh and please don't threaten me with the scary verbal talents of the mighty Kristy...I don't think I could handle her telling me I'm old for the thousandth time and then making stupid claims like I'm having a hissy fit at her by telling her to shut the fuck up. That's far too clever for me.

And if you don't want people to comment on your comments, don't post. Free society and all that...

clarathecarrot
11-15-2013, 11:05 AM
To your "no one even knows who they are" remark, they were friends of my friends in Brooklyn. They were good kids.

Here's where you're thick. You're pigeon-holing anyone with a last name like that as being automatically insane and violent. You sir, are every bit as thick as the character Archie Bunker.

Continue to enjoy your freedom. I will, too. They can't.

Here is your problem bukko! assuming everyone named that isn't insane and violent when evidently he was even more insane and violent than you could have imagined.

When the evidence is splattered all over the walls you still give some goddamned asshole the benifit of the doubt..HORSESHIT!!!!

Fuck him !

Von Halen
11-15-2013, 11:10 AM
Here's where you're thick.

What the fuck is "thick"?

You're pigeon-holing anyone with a last name like that as being automatically insane and violent.

Aren't they all insane and violent? :D

You sir, are every bit as thick as the character Archie Bunker.

What's wrong with Archie Bunker?

clarathecarrot
11-15-2013, 11:12 AM
4000 Goddamned years of insane violence exported daily as a rule of law out as a rule of thier affectations towards all other humans, of that assinine backwards closed society located in the same geographic location the middle east, superior ability to see god societies and people like YOU still wanna assume the are decent humans as a majority.

I say as a majority history has labeled themselves and all should be conscidered trigger happy dangerous thru centuries of inbreeding of these doctrines and genetically warped,..allways at all times.

How's that for bigotry...or perhaps, once bitten....for 1000's of years.

clarathecarrot
11-15-2013, 11:21 AM
It was easy for Saddam to find 50,000 body doubles who only had to grow a mustache'....eh....no ouside influence, retro indoctrination techniques of the media, state sponsored walled in breeding programs, stoning of women for looking outside of a cage of clothing....Great People!!!!

A real Guide for the world to follow a real contributions to the growth of the Human Condition...they're GREAT!!!!

DLR Bridge
11-15-2013, 11:23 AM
Not doing this guys. Good humans died. A bad joke was made. I'm done with it. Sorry I brought it up. Wasn't meant to turn into a 'well what do you expect from "those people"' type debate.

DLR Bridge
11-15-2013, 11:27 AM
What's wrong with Archie Bunker?

His assholishness which was portrayed brilliantly by Carrol O'Connor.

Von Halen
11-15-2013, 11:38 AM
His assholishness which was portrayed brilliantly by Carrol O'Connor.

What was better, a time when the likes of the Archie Bunkers of the world were tolerated, and taken for what they were?

Or today?

clarathecarrot
11-15-2013, 11:48 AM
Not doing this guys. Good humans died. A bad joke was made. I'm done with it. Sorry I brought it up. Wasn't meant to turn into a 'well what do you expect from "those people"' type debate.

Those People, is a bad thing to you isn't it ?

Yet, we all spend every waking moment of every day picking sides, on every issue.

Then, when it is leveled with just cause at a repetitive habitual group, it is then harshed with a stupid word like Bigotry...or that even more assinine word...Intollerance.

I am a GODDAMNED BIGOT and I am INTOLLERANT!!!

It sweeps down from the leaders and thier wastefull selfish behaviors.

Ethics and Virtue...as seen in That Jaggoff (singer HACK) grinding his cock in daughters asshole on national TV.

You get 25 years for that if you do it behind closed doors..what does it say about tollerance and the mother fucking way society has accepted the degeneration of the behaviors of decent treatment of each other.

Forgive the Mid-Easterners forget the cunts of the world..embrace the maddness.

What's the worst..legal weed domestic bunk everyone knows imported weed is the best..where is the Colombian Gold Bud...The Iranian Hash....etc. Give us that but take away everything else and placate the simpletons....funny shit!

It's still against the law to own a baseball cap, made in Cuba.....LOL!!!!!!!

The things that are tollerated are assinine the things concidered crimes are tollerated.

I could give a damn what most people do, I know the difference between what's right and wrong, the problem is the "grey areas" are the favorites of the Utopians and the Socially Conscious progressive Thinkers of the wolrd,<<<< In thier own sad little minds.

Pick Your Hell .
Live it .
Love it.

ThrillsNSpills
11-15-2013, 11:57 AM
It's what all webpages turn into.
It's a place where opinions are voiced and criticisms are made and soon it turns into a criticism of a criticism of a criticism and suddenly people make sites criticizing the very site they came from.

It's all symptomatic of the fact that people just don't have better guitars to play.

Rammit rammit rammit rammit up yer poop chute.
Don't fool yourself girl, it's winkin at you hoo
Don't fool yourself girl, it's winkin at you hoo

ThrillsNSpills
11-15-2013, 12:02 PM
At the same time though they'd be pretty boring pages if everybody saw things the same way

clarathecarrot
11-15-2013, 12:04 PM
Zappa was funny like a comedy guy who could play, I mean really play, instead of the comedy guys who can't play or write or arrange a quality shit piece as part of thier act because they can't really play at all, but need the pulpit satisfaction.

I could never take him seriuos and I believe that's the way he wanted it....escape towards individuality in the marketplace of your full of shit peers.

Von Halen
11-15-2013, 12:08 PM
What are we even arguing about here?

Weren't these fuckers killed by one of their own? If it had happened over there, we'd never even have heard about it. It's a shame they all had to come over here to be criminals and victims.

DLR Bridge
11-15-2013, 12:14 PM
What was a better, a time when the likes of the Archie Bunkers of the world were tolerated, and taken for what they were?

Or today?

I can live with both. I'm ok with the occasional off color humor. There is a whole lot of 'as is' in the world that I ain't about to try to change. That's like putting out a volcano with a garden hose.

Oh and Carrot girl, I wasn't defending the shooter as you alluded to in #15. Just want to clear that up.

For as much as I didn't appreciate Mr. V referring to me as an "uptight Fuck" or telling me to "shut the fuck up" (hey, there's no short supply of inflatable Internet muscles in these parts) I can appreciate his point about freedom on the Internet.

ThrillsNSpills
11-15-2013, 12:17 PM

I'm just mad he didn't join the Bon Jovi Band first.

DLR Bridge
11-15-2013, 12:25 PM

Weren't these fuckers killed by one of their own? If it had happened over there, we'd never even have heard about it. It's a shame they all had to come over here to be criminals and victims.

I sure don't know. I live and work in a multicultural area. This story grabbed me at first when it hit the front page of the papers that a young band got mowed down. Grabbed me a little more once I knew I had a friend who was freaked. The national background of these kids is a total side story, but an interesting one, to me. I admire all they went through to escape the shitty world they lived in to come here. They were proud to have done so. That's a beautiful story. How they met their ridiculously untimely end sucked majorly. So, yeah, no need to argue about a thing in my God damn thread, but what's done is done.

clarathecarrot
11-15-2013, 12:32 PM

I wondered about the headlines if the had a free press over in the middle east..or AlJeazer..(sp) I bet it read.

Corrupted By The Corrupt American Government Alah Destroyes The Wayward Non-Believers For Leaving The Muslim Provider.

or some dumbshit like that.

Then we or "I" (cause I am a fuck like that) went the way of the corrupt americans, by commenting that assholes are everywhere why not call a asshole a asshole and name some names.

Perhaps, then someone mentioned a internet bully due to a remote location type, pussy bullshit...but, maybe I am just that goddamned mean and the keyboard just a sounding board.

I used to be sweet and lovely....not so much anymore, I will always give a sukker a even break despite of his shortcomings, just not for long.

The outlines of peace in that last sentence.

clarathecarrot
11-15-2013, 12:37 PM
I sure don't know. I live and work in a multicultural area. This story grabbed me at first when it hit the front page of the papers that a young band got mowed down. Grabbed me a little more once I knew I had a friend who was freaked. The national background of these kids is a total side story, but an interesting one, to me. I admire all they went through to escape the shitty world they lived in to come here. They were proud to have done so. That's a beautiful story. How they met their ridiculously untimely end sucked majorly. So, yeah, no need to argue about a thing in my God damn thread, but what's done is done.

They're Brother and Comrade sent them to Allah...I am sure he did the right thing.

In the sickness of his mind.

No shortage of that mentality anywhere in this world...sad to say.

Von Halen
11-15-2013, 12:42 PM
I admire all they went through to escape the shitty world they lived in to come here.

Doesn't seem like they did escape their "shitty world".

I'm just glad (not glad in a happy way) it was one of their own that killed them, and not Zimmerman. Or some black dude. Imagine the backlash.

Why were they killed anyway?

clarathecarrot
11-15-2013, 12:44 PM
Drugs and Money not one or the other.

DLR Bridge
11-15-2013, 12:54 PM

"Police said Rafie wanted to get back into the band and killed the three when his overtures were rejected. Investigators also said there were allegations that Rafie had a dispute with his old band over money."

Their ethnicity had zero to do with it. The fucknut was no different than an enraged rejected spouse.

It's a frustratingly unfortunate thing, that's all. I know someone who narrowly escaped the collapse of the first tower to fall who ended up being killed a month later in a car accident. Should I share his last name to see if there's a bad joke in there somewhere?

clarathecarrot
11-15-2013, 12:55 PM
Life is easy my brother comedy is hard.

DO IT!!!

Never was
11-15-2013, 01:09 PM
Doesn't seem like they did escape their "shitty world".

I'm just glad (not glad in a happy way) it was one of their own that killed them, and not Zimmerman. Or some black dude. Imagine the backlash.

Actually a black guy had planned on killing the band a week earlier but he never could get a cab to take him out to Brooklyn. Cabs just don't stop north of 94th for a brother. Guess we are all fortunate, well except the band of course.

Mr. Vengeance
11-15-2013, 01:10 PM
So...some guys died. It's awful. No doubt. But you know what, people make jokes about horrible shit. Get over it. You want to go after me for making the OVER THE TOP joke that a guy named Ahkbar kills people??? Honestly...how stupid is that? You want to side with Krusty now because I dare to make that comment? How stupid is THAT? You want to bitch at me for makeing a joke and accept that Krusty is now right about me and I'm so stupid, while defending a fucker who murdered his supposed friends.

Yeah yeah, I know, you're not supporting him- you're pointing out the tragedy of these guys being murdered. But frankly, by going after me for making a joke about this guy's name, you pretty much are supporting him. Sorry to tell you.

Mr. Vengeance
11-15-2013, 01:12 PM
"Police said Rafie wanted to get back into the band and killed the three when his overtures were rejected. Investigators also said there were allegations that Rafie had a dispute with his old band over money."

Their ethnicity had zero to do with it. The fucknut was no different than an enraged rejected spouse.

It's a frustratingly unfortunate thing, that's all. I know someone who narrowly escaped the collapse of the first tower to fall who ended up being killed a month later in a car accident. Should I share his last name to see if there's a bad joke in there somewhere?

People make jokes about tragic shit. That's life. It's a way to get past it. Maybe you should get past it too?

Never was
11-15-2013, 01:14 PM
I'm glad no one jumped to profiling and assumed the killer was the drummer.

clarathecarrot
11-15-2013, 01:21 PM
Actually a black guy had planned on killing the band a week earlier but he never could get a cab to take him out to Brooklyn. Cabs just don't stop north of 94th for a brother. Guess we are all fortunate, well except the band of course.

I am so!!! going to tip my waitress, that was awesome, will you be here all week?

5stars...lol

DLR Bridge
11-15-2013, 01:38 PM
Yeah yeah, I know, you're not supporting him- you're pointing out the tragedy of these guys being murdered. But frankly, by going after me for making a joke about this guy's name, you pretty much are supporting him. Sorry to tell you.

Never went after you and this never would have spiraled outta control if you understood my post #6.

Mr. Vengeance
11-15-2013, 01:58 PM
Get over it. I have.

Now I better get outta dodge before the mighty Krusty shows up and verbally rapes me.

BWAA HAAA HAAA!!!

Mr. Vengeance
11-15-2013, 01:59 PM

That was awesome!