PDA

View Full Version : Dick Cheney: Even bigger monster than you thought

Satan
11-15-2013, 09:34 PM
Dick Cheney: Even bigger monster than you thought
Listen to the man with a taxpayer-funded new heart wax indifferent to the life of his donor

Joan Walsh Thursday, Nov 14, 2013 02:59 PM PST (http://www.salon.com/2013/11/14/dick_cheney_even_bigger_monster_than_you_thought/)

http://media.salon.com/2013/11/dick_cheney-620x412.jpg

You’ve probably heard that Dick Cheney agrees with Bill Clinton about letting people who are losing private insurance keep their old plans, as President Obama repeatedly seemed to promise they could. That’s not surprising: Cheney is a troll who maligns the president whenever he can, and piling on with Clinton is a special kind of fun. Yes, it’s outrageous that a man who has enjoyed many millions of dollars of taxpayer-funded medical care doesn’t give a damn about the uninsured in our society, but that’s Dick Cheney.

Still, I was a little startled to hear the former vice president express total indifference to questions about his heart donor in a revealing interview on Politicking with Larry King. It’s a window into his utter entitlement and self-absorption, and he comes off as an even bigger monster than I’d thought. Most people would at least feign interest in the donor; Cheney can’t manage it.

When King asks if he knows the identity of the person whose heart keeps him alive, Cheney, who is promoting a book about his transplant experience, says no, and adds, “it hadn’t been a priority for me.” Then he goes on:

"When I came out from under the anesthetic after the transplant, I was euphoric. I’d had–I’d been given the gift of additional lives, additional years of life. For the family of the donor, they’d just been [through] some terrible tragedy, they’d lost a family member. Can’t tell why, obviously, when you don’t know the details, but the way I think of it from a psychological standpoint is that it’s my new heart, not someone else’s old heart. And I always thank the donor, generically thank donors for the gift that I’ve been given, but I don’t spend time wondering who had it, what they’d done, what kind of person.

“It’s my new heart, not someone else’s old heart.”

Consider the complete self-centeredness of that statement, and the utter lack of empathy. I shouldn’t be surprised at that — war criminals and torture-promoters aren’t known for their empathy — but I was. Cheney’s so absorbed in his great good luck that he can’t help sharing: “My cardiologist told me at one point, ‘You know, Dick, the transplant is a spiritual experience, not just for the patient, but also for the team.’” What a generous guy, sharing that “spiritual experience” with his cardiology team! So: Cheney is happy to have a new heart, but doesn’t bother to “spend time wondering who had it, what they’d done, what kind of person.”

And his statement that it wasn’t a “priority” to learn about his heart donor revealingly echoes his explanation for getting five deferments from the Vietnam War: The notorious war hawk famously told the Washington Post: “I had other priorities in the ’60s than military service.” Now he has other priorities than learning about his heart donor.

It’s certainly not compulsory to find out about the person who died so that you could live – who gave what Cheney called “the gift of life itself.” There may be valid psychological reasons not to. I don’t judge that decision. But I can’t get over the coldness required to express complete indifference to knowing about that person, and their family’s suffering.

Or could it be compassion? For a lot of people, the tragedy of a family member dying would be compounded, not lessened, by learning that their heart went to Cheney. Nah, there’s neither compassion nor self-awareness in the way Cheney talks about receiving

Joan Walsh is Salon's editor at large and the author of "What's the Matter With White People: Finding Our Way in the Next America."

Satan
11-15-2013, 09:36 PM
Enjoy somebody else's heart while you can, Darth. We both know where you're destined to be for eternity, and believe me, we're ready for you.......... http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d010.gif

twonabomber
11-15-2013, 09:43 PM
Tell him the heart came from a gay, black Democrat and see what he says!

Terry
11-15-2013, 10:07 PM
He and Rumsfeld are just...eerie. Eerie in their total, complete sense of belief that they've made no mistakes.

I'm not even really talking about if I agreed with their decisions or not, but anyone - ANYone - who has that much faith in themselves (without the slightest traces of self-doubt)...I dunno. It's a mindset I can't really understand. I mean, neither of these guys emit the slightest traces of regret about anything. I can't tell if this is just a facade they put on for the public, or if they are really THAT satisfied with themselves.

Like, watching the documentary The Fog Of War, I could NEVER picture Don Rumsfeld sitting there being defensive and struggling with inner doubt over Iraq in a manner like Robert McNamara (belatedly) demonstrated over Vietnam, or saying that he (Rumsfeld) was wrong in not planning for the post-invasion of Iraq more carefully than he did.

Cheney would also gladly do it all over again exactly the same way with no regrets the second time around, too.

Nitro Express
11-16-2013, 12:30 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/11/14/liz-cheney-emphasizes-wyoming-roots-in-first-tv-ad/

Dick's daughter Liz is running for the US Senate out of Wyoming. Her dad is from here but she grew up in Virginia. People hate her dad and view her as a carpetbagger. She has no chance in hell of winning unless there is major voter fraud.

Nitro Express
11-16-2013, 12:34 AM
Tell him the heart came from a gay, black Democrat and see what he says!

The Dick is a homo. George W. Bush was his pegboy on Dumb Fuck Mountain.

cadaverdog
11-16-2013, 12:54 AM
I had cataract surgury a few years ago and I told my great nieces and nephews I had an eye transplant. I told them I could see the face of the guy who murdered the previous owner. I really freaked them out when I pointed out one of my nieghbors as the killer. I hope it's not my fault the one little bastard likes to pull knives on people. He pulled a knife on his mother, then his brother then me. His brother beat his ass pretty good but I choked the little fucker until he went limp and almost passed out. If no one else was there I would have killed him. Hopefully I taught him a lesson. If you're gonna pull a knife on someone twice your size you better use it before they beat the crap out of you.

Satan
11-16-2013, 01:17 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/11/14/liz-cheney-emphasizes-wyoming-roots-in-first-tv-ad/

Dick's daughter Liz is running for the US Senate out of Wyoming. Her dad is from here but she grew up in Virginia. People hate her dad and view her as a carpetbagger. She has no chance in hell of winning unless there is major voter fraud.

Hope you guys don't use anything other than pencil and paper ballots to vote, because with a BCE candidate in the mix, major voter fraud is all but guaranteed.

cadaverdog
11-16-2013, 01:20 AM
Hope you guys don't use anything other than pencil and paper ballots to vote, because with a BCE candidate in the mix, major voter fraud is all but guaranteed.
Looks like Ford turned Satan into a conspiracy theorist too. Next thing you know Jesus will be talking about the BCE also.

Nitro Express
11-16-2013, 02:12 AM

We have both bubble sheet ballots and touch screens. The touch screens were added to comply with the federal act regarding making voting accessible to people with disabilities. Anyone can use the touch screens if they choose to do so.

I think the bubble sheets are the best way to go. People are used to using them because it's how tests are given in school. You have a physical paper record made by each individual voter. There are no hanging chads. You still have the convenience of counting votes quickly using a scanner.

Nitro Express
11-16-2013, 02:23 AM
I had cataract surgury a few years ago and I told my great nieces and nephews I had an eye transplant. I told them I could see the face of the guy who murdered the previous owner. I really freaked them out when I pointed out one of my nieghbors as the killer. I hope it's not my fault the one little bastard likes to pull knives on people. He pulled a knife on his mother, then his brother then me. His brother beat his ass pretty good but I choked the little fucker until he went limp and almost passed out. If no one else was there I would have killed him. Hopefully I taught him a lesson. If you're gonna pull a knife on someone twice your size you better use it before they beat the crap out of you.

Knives are nasty weapons up close. I think they are more dangerous than a gun up close. A gun is dangerous on one linear plane and there are a lot of things you can do to disarm or move that line of fire in a non-lethal direction. Knives are a nightmare. In highly trained hands you are probably toast. This is why knives are still used in combat situations.

The best thing to do is make some distance between you and the knife and either get the hell out of harm's way or grab something to use as a weapon. A chair or stool is good. You can also kick the knife out of their hand if they are holding it fairly still. If they are whipping it around like a crazy person you better open the distance and grab a chair and drive it into the fuck. Kind of like how Dave was saying the Japanese used ladders in bars to pin crazy sword swinging patrons. LOL!

If you have a belt on you can use it as a tourniquet. I used to fence in college and it's easy to get killed. Sometimes you kill each other at the same time. The best strategy is to be on the defense and let them attack you first and then you know how they are coming in and you can deal with it.

Of course this shit is like golf. It's a perishable skill and I haven't been in the dojo for a long time. LOL!

Satan
11-16-2013, 02:26 AM
Looks like Ford turned Satan into a conspiracy theorist too. Next thing you know Jesus will be talking about the BCE also.

Well, JC knows all and sees all, so certainly He would know the facts behind any conspiracy.

As for me, I invented conspiracies. You know that whole "one third of Heaven's angels uprising against my Former Employer" thing, back in the day.

Satan
11-16-2013, 02:31 AM
We have both bubble sheet ballots and touch screens. The touch screens were added to comply with the federal act regarding making voting accessible to people with disabilities. Anyone can use the touch screens if they choose to do so.

I think the bubble sheets are the best way to go. People are used to using them because it's how tests are given in school. You have a physical paper record made by each individual voter. There are no hanging chads. You still have the convenience of counting votes quickly using a scanner.

The scanners are where you could run into trouble there. Even though you technically vote on a paper ballot with the bubble sheet, once it's scanned into a computer (usually made by the same companies such as Diebold or ES&S who make the touch screen machines) it's the same insecure bytes of data, at the mercy of the folks who made the proprietary software.

All of whom happen to be friends and political donors to the BCE.

Technically, it's always possible to count the paper ballots, which arguably is better than the touchscreens. But what are the odds it would actually be done?

Nitro Express
11-16-2013, 02:33 AM
Even Satan is scared of Dick Cheney. LOL!

Remember when a small private plane was using the US Capitol dome for a VFR navigation point and spaced it and flew into restricted air space. They sortied the fighters and got the dumb fuck to land his plane. He was lucky he didn't get shot down. Anyways, the Secret Service grabbed Dick Cheney and took him into the White House bunker. The President George W. Bush was riding his bicycle in some park.

My brother who had worked in upper management for large corporations made the comment that we had a puppet president. He said he didn't know of one CEO who would be riding his bicycle during key business hours. They don't have the time. He said a US president who has a war going on multiple fronts and a terrorist threat certainly wouldn't have time. He saw right through George W. Bush and the situation. He said Dick Cheney was the one working. He was at the White House. The president was jacking off.

Obama is no different. But Biden isn't the one running things. Vallerie Jarett is.

Nitro Express
11-16-2013, 02:45 AM
The scanners are where you could run into trouble there. Even though you technically vote on a paper ballot with the bubble sheet, once it's scanned into a computer (usually made by the same companies such as Diebold or ES&S who make the touch screen machines) it's the same insecure bytes of data, at the mercy of the folks who made the proprietary software.

All of whom happen to be friends and political donors to the BCE.

Technically, it's always possible to count the paper ballots, which arguably is better than the touchscreens. But what are the odds it would actually be done?

Anything digital can be manipulated. But you have physical ballots that can be hand counted. But there was voter fraud with Obama's last election. Don't tell me there was no voter fraud in Ohio or Florida. Florida is Bush turf. If the Bush's wanted Romney in Romney would have gotten Florida.

The answer is obvious. The Bush clan wanted Obama to win. They probably picked Romney and endorsed him because they knew he would lose. No way are those southern evangelicals going to vote for a Mormon. Romney didn't get the support from those people and that is why he lost along with some voter fraud on Obama's side.

Obama is more useful. Think about it. A half black president is untouchable and they can play the race card. They can get away with more shit. Barry works for the banks and so does Bush. The neocons wanted that Syrian war and hey Barry was trying to give it to them. So it's all BCE so to speak. The same ilk.

Since Reagan all the presidents have been Bush Co. Heck I wouldn't be surprised if Barry worked for the CIA. Think about it. He would be a great agent and it would explain a lot of strange things in his past.

Are you aware the contractor Booze Allen Hamilton that works with all 18 of the US intelligence agencies is owned by the Carlyle Group? So basically the Carlyle Group is running the NSA by infiltrating their people into it from Booze Allen Hamilton. Barry has done nothing about it. Then Democrats like Feinstein are all for it.

Why is it in Utah? A lot of momrons work in intelligence agencies. Many speak a second language and have lived overseas on missions. They are organizational loyal and they can keep secrets. Plus, there are a lot of talented programmers and technical people in the greater Salt Lake City area. Plus Brent Snowcroft has a lot of pull in the NSA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brent_Scowcroft

Nitro Express
11-16-2013, 03:13 AM
As far as Bain Capital is concerned it's returns were too good. Most firms don't have runs like Bain was having. So that's a sure sign there is some money laundering going on. Rumor is Mitt was laundering dirty BCE drug money. LOL! Who knows but something is fishy with Bain.

vh rides again
11-16-2013, 04:37 PM
I watched an interview and when asked about his doner heart he said he had nothin but admiration for his doner and all other Doners.
He actually called his heart doner his angel of life and said he wondered about the person frequently .

So fuck this story and the cocksucker that posted it.

cadaverdog
11-16-2013, 04:53 PM
Ford's not a cocksucker. He's been in a few circle jerks but otherwise he's straight.

cadaverdog
11-16-2013, 04:54 PM
I watched an interview and when asked about his doner heart he said he had nothin but admiration for his doner and all other Doners.
He actually called his heart doner his angel of life and said he wondered about the person frequently .

So fuck this story and the cocksucker that posted it.Is a doner anything like a donor?

Nitro Express
11-16-2013, 05:35 PM

Believe me. When you are connected like Dick Cheney, you could kidnap and kill the source of a needed organ no problemo. The guy is a war criminal. When you start wars for profit, human life doesn't mean much to you. They don't care about the people we attack and they don't care about the people who serve in our military. Most people would feel guilty and not sleep well at night. Cheney has no problem.

vh rides again
11-16-2013, 07:41 PM
Believe me. When you are connected like Dick Cheney, you could kidnap and kill the source of a needed organ no problemo. The guy is a war criminal. When you start wars for profit, human life doesn't mean much to you. They don't care about the people we attack and they don't care about the people who serve in our military.
Most people would feel guilty and not sleep well at night. Cheney has no problem.
Well he doesn't sound any worse than the dipshits running the country now.
At least he's taking care of his donor heart unlike many dipshits that drink and drug their livers into submission then keep on drinking with the new liver.
When I was heavily into AA and NA I would see people come in and out of the rooms that received new livers at some point in their life and it always irked the shit out of me that they had the nerve to keep on drinking when some other poor soul probably died waiting for a liver.

Pisses me off big time .

Nitro Express
11-17-2013, 12:53 AM
Oh it's all one big Council on Foreign Relations circle jerk.

http://youtu.be/BbnpN07J_zg

Satan
11-18-2013, 05:43 PM

It's worse than that..... she probably wouldn't even get the votes from her own family.... assuming any of them can legally vote in Wyoming. Which they shouldn't be able to do, since none of them (Liz included) actually live there.

Not that laws mean shit to a Cheney. But now Lizard has thrown her own sister under the bus to get the teabagging vote. Which is something that her dear old bastard daddy wouldn't even do..........

Cheney sisters feud over gay marriage
Dylan Stableford, Yahoo News

Thanksgiving at the Cheney house might be a bit uncomfortable this year.

Liz Cheney, daughter of former Vice President Dick Cheney, said on "Fox News Sunday" that she opposes same-sex marriage. Her younger sister, Mary Cheney — a gay married woman — was at home with her wife watching the show.

"I love Mary very much. I love her family very much," Liz Cheney, a Republican candidate for the U.S. Senate in Wyoming, told Fox News' Chris Wallace. "This is just an issue in which we disagree."

Mary Cheney took to Facebook to respond.

“Liz — this isn’t just an issue on which we disagree," Mary Cheney wrote. "You’re just wrong — and on the wrong side of history.”

The sisters haven't spoken in months.

Mary Cheney’s wife, Heather Poe, also responded through Facebook.

"Liz has been a guest in our home, has spent time and shared holidays with our children, and when Mary and I got married in 2012 — she didn't hesitate to tell us how happy she was for us," Poe wrote. "To have her now say she doesn't support our right to marry is offensive to say the least."

Poe also took a thinly veiled swipe at Liz Cheney's relocation from northern Virginia to Wyoming to seek public office — a move that has led some to call her a carpetbagger.

“I can’t help but wonder how Liz would feel if as she moved from state to state, she discovered that her family was protected in one but not the other,” she wrote. “Yes, Liz, in fifteen states and the District of Columbia you are my sister-in-law.”

Liz Cheney is seeking to upset Wyoming Republican Sen. Mike Enzi in a primary in August that has drawn national intererest. Dick Cheney supports his daughter's candidacy, but he doesn't hold her "traditional marriage" view. In 2012, the former vice president lobbied the Maryland state legislature to legalize gay marriage. Lynne Cheney, Liz and Mary's mother, supports same-sex marriage, too.

"This is an issue we have dealt with privately for many years," Lynne and Dick Cheney said in a joint statement released on Monday, "and we are pained to see it become public. Since it has, one thing should be clear. Liz has always believed in the traditional definition of marriage. She has also always treated her sister and her sister's family with love and respect, exactly as she should have done. Compassion is called for, even when there is disagreement about such a fundamental matter and Liz's many kindnesses shouldn't be used to distort her position."

According to The New York Times, the Cheneys will be celebrating Thanksgiving at Mary and Heather's home in Virginia. Mary Cheney told the paper she assumed Liz Cheney would be staying in Wyoming.

Satan
11-19-2013, 06:05 PM
http://www.creators.com/editorial_cartoons/1/27914_thumb.gif

Satan
11-19-2013, 06:06 PM
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ucomics.com/jd131119.gif

Seshmeister
11-20-2013, 03:59 PM
Believe me. When you are connected like Dick Cheney, you could kidnap and kill the source of a needed organ no problemo.

Cheney got drunk, shot a guy in the face and the guy apologized to him.

That is pretty powerful...