PDA

View Full Version : If I could I would..?

clarathecarrot
11-16-2013, 08:55 AM
Go somewhere and extrude.

clarathecarrot
11-16-2013, 08:56 AM
Perhaps enjoy a soothing adult beverage, perhaps cool, perhaps ....just right... a little bit more to the left.

PETE'S BROTHER
11-16-2013, 10:34 AM
never had started smokin' cigs...

Satan
11-16-2013, 10:50 AM
If you twist and turn away
If you tear yourself in two again
If I could, yes I would
If I could, I would let it go
Surrender, dislocate

If I could throw this lifeless
Lifeline to the wind
Leave this heart of clay
See you walk, walk away
Into the night
And through the rain
Into the half-light
And through the flame

If I could, through myself
Set your spirit free
I'd lead your heart away
See you break, break away
Into the light
And to the day

To let it go
And so to find a way
To let it go
And so find a way

I'm wide awake
I'm wide awake
I'm not sleeping
Oh, no, no

If you should ask, then maybe
They'd tell you what I would say
True colours fly in blue and black
Blue silken sky and burning flag
Colours crash, collide in blood shot eyes

If I could, you know I would
If I could, I would let it go

This desparation
Dislocation
Separation
Condemnation
Revelation
In temptation
Isolation
Desolation

Let it go
And so to find a way
To let it go
And so find a way

Oh, no
I'm wide awake
I'm wide awake
I'm not sleeping
Oh, no no

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zIW8qDPhos

vandeleur
11-16-2013, 10:52 AM
If I could I would , knock bono out :D

Satan
11-16-2013, 11:04 AM
You have to admit it was one of the greatest performances of the day. And if Queen was better, it's because Freddie asked himself "Dear God, how are we gonna top THAT"?

And yes, I got that explanation directly from Freddie himself.

vandeleur
11-16-2013, 11:17 AM
I think Freddie went with the play the fucking songs school of thought at live aid . Am sure the bono backing band would have appreciated the same curtesy :D

Terry
11-16-2013, 11:29 AM
yeah, but U2 in the 80s was great because Bono was in his full-on "I'm so earnest, I'm Jesus, I'm gonna save the world with my rock and roll" mode, which made for some laughable posing by him. I mean, Bono actually believed in his own high-minded brand of bullshit back then, and unbound pretentiousness is always fun to watch.

vandeleur
11-16-2013, 11:34 AM
I never really liked them , but the tipping point was the whole rattle and hum we have always liked rock n roll conversion .
God having a bono complex puts it mildly .

ELVIS
11-16-2013, 02:25 PM
Go somewhere and extrude.

The carrot out of your ass ??

ELVIS
11-16-2013, 02:29 PM
unbound pretentiousness is always fun to watch.

:biggrin:

cadaverdog
11-16-2013, 03:37 PM
If I could I would , knock bono out :D
I think giving him a swift kick to the family jewels would be my choice.

ELVIS
11-16-2013, 03:49 PM
FORD likes Bono...:biggrin:

http://rabble.ca/sites/rabble/files/node-images/rob_ford_1.jpg

cadaverdog
11-16-2013, 03:58 PM
yeah, but U2 in the 80s was great because Bono was in his full-on "I'm so earnest, I'm Jesus, I'm gonna save the world with my rock and roll" mode, which made for some laughable posing by him. I mean, Bono actually believed in his own high-minded brand of bullshit back then, and unbound pretentiousness is always fun to watch.
At the same time he was preaching about saving the planet he was having endangered trees cut down to have a better view at one of his mansions. The only way I'd buddy up to that douchebag would be if I killed a cop or pulled some other heinous bullshit. He'd come and put a benefit concert on to raise money for my defense. If I killed a couple cops he'd probably pay for my lawyer himself. I do however love the line "The God isn't short on cash, mister". I used to have to attend church when I was a teenager and the preacher was the greediest mother fucker that ever thumped a bible. He kept telling everyone they didn't need a big house or a new car they needed to give all their money to the church so he could have a big house and a new car. I couldn't believe how many people were willing to do it. But greed finally caught up with him and he got caught embezzling money from the church and got run out of town. He tried to open a few more churchs but somebody would find out what a crook he was and shut him down. Because of him and people like him I've only been to church to lay carpet since I left home at 17. There might be something more after we die but I don't believe in heaven or hell.

ELVIS
11-16-2013, 04:22 PM
Because of some douchebag scam artist ??

cadaverdog
11-16-2013, 04:41 PM
Because I realized the majority of "God's Spokesmen" were scam artists. I've come across a couple preachers who were legit but that'a about it. My grandfather used the pulpit to get pussy instead of money but that's not much better than using it to get rich. If the fucker would have been in it for the money and been successful I might be readying a sermon for tommorow instead of getting stoned and posting here. Why couldn't I have been born an Osteen?

ELVIS
11-16-2013, 08:12 PM
Osteen is one of the scammers...

Terry
11-16-2013, 08:42 PM
:biggrin:

Even without the audio of the interviews I can still envision him offering very deep, profound remarks as he pontificates on how he and U2 will save the world from itself.

Sensible Shoes
11-16-2013, 09:15 PM
Because I realized the majority of "God's Spokesmen" were scam artists. I've come across a couple preachers who were legit but that'a about it. My grandfather used the pulpit to get pussy instead of money but that's not much better than using it to get rich. If the fucker would have been in it for the money and been successful I might be readying a sermon for tommorow instead of getting stoned and posting here. Why couldn't I have been born an Osteen?

Because you'd look as fucking ridiculous as he does. What an ugly man.

Nitro Express
11-16-2013, 09:33 PM
As soon as he started wearing them blue shades it was all over. LOL! He's an idiot. I'm sure the president of the World Bank and the people at the Davos World Economic Forum get a good chuckle at Bozo's expense. Those are the people keeping the world in debt, not liberating it.

cadaverdog
11-16-2013, 11:45 PM
Because you'd look as fucking ridiculous as he does. What an ugly man.
One of his kin used to be my neighbor when I was in high school. There was another Osteen in So Cal with a big church then. This guy was a stoner like me but he went into the family business after he graduated. I lived with some Jesus Freaks for awhile but they booted me out before I became one. They were cool that I was agnostic but they didn't care for my pot smoking.

clarathecarrot
11-17-2013, 06:27 AM

Grab this woman up and into my arms, and bring her closer to me, closer than she has ever been to any man, closer just a little bit, more than ever before, wrap her in my arms and give her the deepest most passionate kiss the world has ever witnessed.The sky would crack with jealousy.

I wood.

I mean, if she asked me or something........you know....cause, I am a sexy man.

I mean, maybe..... she, only asked me for a light for her smoke....I mean I know what I would be hearing.......How's about a little FIRE SILVIA!!!

Wood.
Would.

and ...my imaginary girl friend at the time would be cool with it......and that imaginary chair on that imaginary carribean beach would all be there too.....

Wud

clarathecarrot
11-20-2013, 12:38 PM
Invent the, RELAXOFLEX©®™.

Perhaps, some other thing,.. but, that...... yeah...the that'n deffinately.

but then again maybe not.....perhaps

Satan
11-20-2013, 12:51 PM
One of his kin used to be my neighbor when I was in high school. There was another Osteen in So Cal with a big church then. This guy was a stoner like me but he went into the family business after he graduated. I lived with some Jesus Freaks for awhile but they booted me out before I became one. They were cool that I was agnostic but they didn't care for my pot smoking.

Yeah.... I'm sure it was the pot smoking that offended them and not..... anything else you might have been doing. :sockfucker:

Coyote
11-20-2013, 01:45 PM
Next?

clarathecarrot
11-26-2013, 11:42 PM
If I could I would ...write a letter ( what did you do for your summer vacation) thanking David Lee Roth for tollerating this website.

Perhaps, I, we, should, remember what the fuck went down in 2007.

How great I feel today for the tour, the DKOT CD, the following tour, the Japan Tour, the Group for giving of themselves once more for us.

Sure, there is some bank, but much like how I just rinsed out the last of my bottle of Carloyns with Absolute instead of water... We Ain't The CLASH BABY!.

Like me it's good to the last drop.

The gifts this band has given me and all of us is one of a kind a different kind not even just the same.

Ed has to be one of the great stories in all of R&R.

DLR our fearless leader mellowed somewhat with age wisdom and the window to throw it out of, into a believable character not a characature of himself as many of us fall into I am guilty of that.Believing It wasn't all just a waste of time understanding time wasn't wasted at all.

I really do find it all hard to believe.

My favorite band has done me good everyday all day long.

Call me what choo will, do me like you do, keep me in your sites, while I drift and dream away, the days and nights,,,... Mother Fucking Van Halen is the band to be..the band for me.!

God Bless you Rat Bastards, Everyone!!!

( thankyou little tim but for your next paper could you leave out the 3$ words)
(so, miss teacher money penny do I get the A grade...)
(No little timmy but Like your favorite R&R Band I'll give you a whole box of blue and twinkling white stars, to paste on your ceiling)

The End.

A written little vocation from clarathecarrot.

Seshmeister
11-27-2013, 12:37 AM

How can anyone that claims to know the unknowable be anything else?